Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

YYYYYYYYYYYYAAAASSSSS HALO 4

Go down 
+8
Aurum_Sol
Hyoka
FireKiller87
Suki_Eve
Tuskin
Mew
dbzfan922
boytitan2
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

YYYYYYYYYYYYAAAASSSSS HALO 4  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: YYYYYYYYYYYYAAAASSSSS HALO 4    YYYYYYYYYYYYAAAASSSSS HALO 4  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 6:09 pm

Quote :
Halo series harder aim being on console, Smart teams play roles point man,sniper,2 midrangers useually use br, Positional control of map is useful, Call outs.

its not harder aiming (well, technically it is, but you are not put at a disadvantage by this issue), your enemy is suffering from the same cancer that is a gamepad. and this statement goes for both: multiplayer and singleplayer, since the gamemechanics are adjusted to the failure that is a gamepad for fps.

the rest of the statement applies to nearly any multiplayer teamgame anyways, so i dont feel like writing more to that.

Quote :
Ya old school pc games took a ton of skill

since multiplayer requires skill based on the oponnents skill you could only try to compare the singleplayer modes for that issue. in that case i will just name Vietcong (of course there are other more known games that date back further that hits, but i kind of like VC :p ) as the first shooter comming to mind. it IS much harder than all games i recently played.
i wouldnt mind if newer games also would offer a challange in non online modes for a change (it doesnt need to be generally hard, just add a high difficulty mode)
Back to top Go down
ToxicElixir
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
ToxicElixir

Male Posts : 129

PostSubject: Re: YYYYYYYYYYYYAAAASSSSS HALO 4    YYYYYYYYYYYYAAAASSSSS HALO 4  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 6:05 am

hmm... uh-huh... ok... Now where did I put that wall of tex- Ah, here we go.
Quote :
Unreal tournament hop around real fast shoot,Whore power ups and power weapons... Whore disk launcher

Spoiler:

Quote :
Original tribes ski to dodge lead shots etc... Quake Strafe shoot,rocket jump if u have rockects.Hoping around not as effective as in ut.

Yes you can ski in Tribes. Yes you can rocket jump in Quake or Team Fortress 2. They are components of gameplay like Halo: Reach's jet-pack. The difference between them and Halo is that they require some practice to be effectively utilized in firefights. Holding your thumbstick in various directions while mashing the jump button or holding down another button to start levitating doesn't take as much time to master.

Here's a video showcasing several rocket-jumping maneuvers

Spoiler:

Now here's putting a [different] mastered skill to good use

Spoiler:

Now here's a tutorial on how to walk left and right

Spoiler:

Quote :
All easier aim due to being on P.C... Halo series harder aim being on console
All shooters have difficulty with aiming on the consoles (aside from the superior Wii edition of RE4). And yes it is easier to aim on P.C due to the mouse, but the thing is, EVERYONE is using the mouse and for the consoles EVERYONE is using a controller so really the deciding factor is your hand-eye coordination (or lack thereof).

Quote :
, Smart teams play roles point man,sniper,2 midrangers useually use br, Positional control of map is useful, Call outs.

It's pretty obvious that when you have a multiplayer game that "Teamwork + People = Victory". Now good luck joining a Halo multiplayer lobby with people ACTUALLY working together instead of fighting over the Scorpion. The issue here being that Halo and more importantly CoD do not inspire a necessity for organized teamwork. With battles in Halo boiling down to which side has more people and more accurate aiming ability with power weapons and vehicles as force multipliers. Same with CoD except replace 'power weapons and vehicles' with 'character loadout'. Speaking of the loadout: its mere implementation ruins some chance at teamwork due to how anyone can customize one-man-army loadouts, switch between them, and hit the battlefield.

Now here are some good examples of teamwork:

Spoiler:

...which brings me to the crux of my argument. A successful and timeless video game revolves around ONE, SINGLE, CORE ELEMENT: GAMEPLAY, GAMEPLAY, GAMEPLAY. Forget graphics, forget music, sound effects and voice-acting, forget storyline. If a game is not fun, there is little reason to keep playing. This is why games like the old Sonic or Mario are constantly played by people of all ages: Because they are F-U-N. The problem with CoD and Halo is that nothing new is added to the mix and it gets stale. The devs just churn out the same product with a better shade of paint.

Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: YYYYYYYYYYYYAAAASSSSS HALO 4    YYYYYYYYYYYYAAAASSSSS HALO 4  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 7:43 am

@ above

About teamwork shit: The same thing goes to pretty much any teamwork optional(as in, they put you in teams)-but-highly-recommended game.
Back to top Go down
Asagi-san
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Asagi-san

Male Posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: YYYYYYYYYYYYAAAASSSSS HALO 4    YYYYYYYYYYYYAAAASSSSS HALO 4  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 2:36 pm

FireKiller87 wrote:
The story became garbage too. Bad enough dealing with the Covenant, why'd they add another race into the mix?
It's like a bad spinoff of the Gears of War franchise, except Gears of War actually had a serious explanation for the third race they introduced.

Forerunners have always been around since Halo: CE. It's not new.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: YYYYYYYYYYYYAAAASSSSS HALO 4    YYYYYYYYYYYYAAAASSSSS HALO 4  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 12:22 am

Asagi-san wrote:
FireKiller87 wrote:
The story became garbage too. Bad enough dealing with the Covenant, why'd they add another race into the mix?
It's like a bad spinoff of the Gears of War franchise, except Gears of War actually had a serious explanation for the third race they introduced.

Forerunners have always been around since Halo: CE. It's not new.

We're pretty much now dealing with the people the covenant worshipped: The Forerunners.
Back to top Go down
milk
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
milk

Male Posts : 1918

PostSubject: Re: YYYYYYYYYYYYAAAASSSSS HALO 4    YYYYYYYYYYYYAAAASSSSS HALO 4  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 5:20 am

i'm not so sure how much i'm looking forward to this.

i was playing halo reach with my bf and he got bored of it and then i got bored of it.
it was just like, ehhh...i dunno how to really explain it.

I'll probably cave in and buy it for him since he owns the console.
c .c

it'll be fun for a while, i guess.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

PostSubject: Re: YYYYYYYYYYYYAAAASSSSS HALO 4    YYYYYYYYYYYYAAAASSSSS HALO 4  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 5:52 am

Doing your usual of posting in every active thread I see Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Asagi-san
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Asagi-san

Male Posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: YYYYYYYYYYYYAAAASSSSS HALO 4    YYYYYYYYYYYYAAAASSSSS HALO 4  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 8:25 pm

Miliken wrote:
i was playing halo reach with my bf and he got bored of it and then i got bored of it.

Probably because Halo is purely a "shoot -> grenade -> shoot -> melee" rotation.
Back to top Go down
milk
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
milk

Male Posts : 1918

PostSubject: Re: YYYYYYYYYYYYAAAASSSSS HALO 4    YYYYYYYYYYYYAAAASSSSS HALO 4  - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:16 am

Asagi-san wrote:
Miliken wrote:

Probably because Halo is purely a "shoot -> grenade -> shoot -> melee" rotation.

at one point it was really fun and it gets a lot funner if you notch up the difficulty to max.
what was it again?
legendary mode?
then again...
it becomes rambo style and you have to go in one at a time.

so it's not entirely fun unless you like doing things super slowly and stealthy.
not really halo style. ;o;

halo reach at least introduced some more cute side weapons/defensive stuff.
though some of their missions were straight out ass and not fun at all for anyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YYYYYYYYYYYYAAAASSSSS HALO 4    YYYYYYYYYYYYAAAASSSSS HALO 4  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

YYYYYYYYYYYYAAAASSSSS HALO 4
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2