Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Feminism and contemporary rights and expectations of men

Go down 
+12
Hyoka
Kirika
milk
FireKiller87
boytitan2
Relict?
Malphes
Zwiebel Force
Dune
Retrias
dbzfan922
IronDicks
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Feminism and contemporary rights and expectations of men - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminism and contemporary rights and expectations of men   Feminism and contemporary rights and expectations of men - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 10:20 am

I'm thinking about the grey area where you can't say that the male party is wrong or the female party is right.

Most guys don't want to be weaker or shorter than girls because they feel that men have to be stronger and larger than girls otherwise they think that they're just inferior to everyone else.

Then there's the question of "Who does the household chores and take care of the children?". It is usually the female who becomes a housewife and stays at home to support their husband. However, the trend is slowly moving more towards stay at home husbands and working wives, or both working.

A feminist might argue that women should not be housewives as they have equal rights as men, so therefore they should go out and pursue their career. However, there's the man who also wants to go out and pursue their career, the children to be taken care of and the household chores to be done. People might hire servants but not everyone can afford them and neglecting your own children is a recipe for disaster.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Feminism and contemporary rights and expectations of men   Feminism and contemporary rights and expectations of men - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 11:10 am

LXE wrote:
Hyoka wrote:
LXE wrote:
Feminism is mostly black and white in my opinion. I mean, where's the grey area?

The bed.
No, seriously.

I'm quite serious

Everyone feels good right? You don't yell at each other while you're connected...

unless you're doing it wrong
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: Feminism and contemporary rights and expectations of men   Feminism and contemporary rights and expectations of men - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 11:21 am

@Dicks not to mention how there were several waves of feminism. At least in America.

@LXE Okay, I see what you're saying now.

@Hyoka Embarassed
Back to top Go down
milk
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
milk

Male Posts : 1918

PostSubject: Re: Feminism and contemporary rights and expectations of men   Feminism and contemporary rights and expectations of men - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 3:43 am

something i picked up on a few days ago but just found it again by accident.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/566429325/tropes-vs-women-in-video-games/

she's gonna do it, man.
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie
Molcars Wearing Sunglasses
Molcars Wearing Sunglasses

Male Posts : 2457

PostSubject: Re: Feminism and contemporary rights and expectations of men   Feminism and contemporary rights and expectations of men - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 12:33 pm

Not really a surprise. You'd be amazed how much you can get done by goodwill or putting yourself in vulnerable positions. I think men also didn't evolve out their gender role, since most men measure social acceptance with acceptance from women. I also wonder if this had some other negative consequences, like that MGTOW movement; or bad birth rates.

I don't primarily blame women for their double standard. What I do blame is misandry, chivalry and other means of self-castration.
Asagi-san wrote:
Remember to love and respect the women, guys.

I suppose Sugoibawks didn't mean it like that, but that statement is a good example of chivalry. Y didn't he say:" Remember to respect ppl regardless of gender, guys"?

http://feminism-evaluated.m.webs.com/site/classic?url=http://www.freewebs.com/feminism-evaluated/index.htm&back=http%3A%2F%2Ffeminism-evaluated.m.webs.com%2Fsite%2Fmobile%3Furl%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.freewebs.com%2Ffeminism-evaluated%2Findex.htm
It's quite a wall of text, but it's quite astounding
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: Feminism and contemporary rights and expectations of men   Feminism and contemporary rights and expectations of men - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 2:10 pm

I'll watch that series :3

Great read, Valk (:
Back to top Go down
IronDicks
♥ラブマスター♥
♥ラブマスター♥
IronDicks

Male Posts : 1504

PostSubject: Re: Feminism and contemporary rights and expectations of men   Feminism and contemporary rights and expectations of men - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 2:12 pm

the laws and such that text speaks of are highly discriminatory and really need to be re-evaluated to be proper for everyone.

those cases though of men calling police out due to wives being abusive and then being arrested themselves is just so wrong though, makes you feel like you have nothing on your side.

though reading any of these gender based research papers you get a feeling that you can't really trust anything, i'd like to think you can trust your own judgment but you never know if thats subconsciously biased due to ideas that's be hammered into your mind at a young age from any of these groups or just plain culture.

though my father has this idea that for us to evolve as a society we must first break it to then put it back together, though he also believes that there is no use in second languages and everyone should just speak English.

at the rate we are going at though for the moment is this kind of 'fake' multiculturalism ruled by females. maybe most the population will die in some apocalyptic type scenario and then rebuild its self to be better, or worse. any rate these issues are probably after my time, but probably really close to it.
Back to top Go down
Kirika
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kirika

PostSubject: Re: Feminism and contemporary rights and expectations of men   Feminism and contemporary rights and expectations of men - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 9:45 pm

IronDicks wrote:
at the rate we are going at though for the moment is this kind of 'fake' multiculturalism ruled by females. maybe most the population will die in some apocalyptic type scenario and then rebuild its self to be better, or worse. any rate these issues are probably after my time, but probably really close to it.

@_@ You have far less hope in humanity than I originally though.
Back to top Go down
IronDicks
♥ラブマスター♥
♥ラブマスター♥
IronDicks

Male Posts : 1504

PostSubject: Re: Feminism and contemporary rights and expectations of men   Feminism and contemporary rights and expectations of men - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 11:56 pm

i have my days

and i was only pointing out with all these nuclear weapons around it is possible for such a thing to happen.
Back to top Go down
Kirika
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kirika

PostSubject: Re: Feminism and contemporary rights and expectations of men   Feminism and contemporary rights and expectations of men - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 1:59 am

IronDicks wrote:
i have my days

and i was only pointing out with all these nuclear weapons around it is possible for such a thing to happen.

Meh. Most nations have trouble with nuclear weapons at the ballistic level (North Korea, for example, has yet to create one capable of passing the island of japan). I'd be more afraid of biological weapons. Easier to spread and a lot more terrifying. A lot less regulations as well @_@ But, I digress, this if far off topic, and I apologize.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feminism and contemporary rights and expectations of men   Feminism and contemporary rights and expectations of men - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Feminism and contemporary rights and expectations of men
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2