Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Genbura + Victorl AM build

Go down 
+7
Strykerr
ziix
LS3
Aurum_Sol
Mew
UncleBobbie
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
<Fenrir>
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
<Fenrir>

Male Posts : 171

Genbura + Victorl AM build Empty
PostSubject: Genbura + Victorl AM build   Genbura + Victorl AM build EmptySun May 06, 2012 2:12 pm

【Robot Name】
Genbura

【Parts】
BD: Genbura BD
 : AURA System(default)
 : Lazflamme LG [High Tech Beta] [High Tech Beta] [High Tech Beta]
  : Misside BS [High Tech Alpha] [High Tech Alpha] [High Tech Alpha]
 : Frog Lander HD [High Tech] [High Tech] [Run]
  : Cute Beret [Run]
  : Berry Earrings
 : Misside BS [High Run Alpha] [High Run Alpha] [Run]
 : Build Arm AM [High Run] [High Run] [High Run]
  : Cheer Pom-pon [High Run] [High Run] [High Run]
 : Victorl AM [High Shooter] [Great Range Alpha]
 : Genbura BD@

【Config Check】
COST: OK
BS: OK
LG: OK

【Stats】
TYPE: 砲
SIZE: M
COST: 1135
CAPA: 1135
HP: 393
STR: 1
TEC: 39
WLK: 35
FLY: 1
TGH: 12

LEVEL: 10

【Cartridges】
Capacity +70×6
Enhance Internal Weapon×2
Sniper Sight
Broad Radar

【必要素材】
Hidora Cosmos×3
Fudara Cosmos×16
Threede Cosmos×1
Fourda Cosmos×1
Red Chip×45
Green Chip×35
Black Chip×20
Rainbow Chip×11
Stabilizer×68
Engine Shaft×111
Scope Lens×30
Rapid Crystal×33
Guide Circuit×52
Snail Liquid×80
Acid Gel×38

How do I cram in 2 moar TGH without changing everything else except HP? (for 14 TGH, iirc that's a breakpoint)

Any suggestions/advice is welcome. Smile
Back to top Go down
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
UncleBobbie

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: Genbura + Victorl AM build   Genbura + Victorl AM build EmptyMon May 07, 2012 5:12 am

Don't use Victorl AM.

If you really want to go WLK-based for railgun aiming, I'd probably get short boost for better movement.

I also don't really think Sniper Sight is all that useful nowadays.

I also wouldn't worry too much about hitting a "TGH breakpoint". Having 12+ TGH should probably be fine.

^My opinion^
Back to top Go down
<Fenrir>
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
<Fenrir>

PostSubject: Re: Genbura + Victorl AM build   Genbura + Victorl AM build EmptyMon May 07, 2012 7:28 am

UncleBobbie wrote:
Don't use Victorl AM.

If you really want to go WLK-based for railgun aiming, I'd probably get short boost for better movement.

I also don't really think Sniper Sight is all that useful nowadays.

I also wouldn't worry too much about hitting a "TGH breakpoint". Having 12+ TGH should probably be fine.

^My opinion^

I appericate your opinion, but could you eloborate on these points?

I honestly don't see why Victorl AM sucks;
-The stats on the AM are amazing.
-The AM fits Genburas playstyle pretty damn well I'd say.
-Compact Saggi 2 Railgun in the form of an AM, with all problems Saggi 2s Railgun has solved. It has way more range and accuracy, less DPS, sure, but it makes up for it in accuracy and range I'd say. And ammo? Not really a problem as the AM is there only for outside of AURA use.

Why question my choice to go WLK-based railgunning? That's pretty much a given imho. Shortboost is for evasive maneuvers/getting up quickly. It's a sniper. I don't WANT to evade. I want to escape. I'll see them on my Broad Radar and will be able to make my escape easily that way.

Sniper Sight is epic for a suprise burst for about 180 (with my TEC)damage to an AIR, also, very awesome for not letting the enemy know your position on the map. Also, airs won't be alert on dodging that way either, until they eat a railgun to the face.

Hmmm... TGH... I guess you have a point. But it'd be nice to have more TGH(or maybe even HP?) just in case. So how2squeeze 2 more TGH in here?

Also, those are the reasons why I took Sniper Sight for example.
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

Female Posts : 1540

PostSubject: Re: Genbura + Victorl AM build   Genbura + Victorl AM build EmptyMon May 07, 2012 7:32 am

It's ammo is kinda bleh despite what you say. (If you live long enough, Victorl AM really won't last you.)

I would use another AM with a Slice Gun.
Back to top Go down
<Fenrir>
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
<Fenrir>

PostSubject: Re: Genbura + Victorl AM build   Genbura + Victorl AM build EmptyMon May 07, 2012 7:43 am

Mew wrote:
It's ammo is kinda bleh despite what you say. (If you live long enough, Victorl AM really won't last you.)

I would use another AM with a Slice Gun.

I know it is, but there is always the option of farming for ammo. (+ you gain moar AURA for that, win-win!)

And the problem with using these kinds of guns is, it's more for the offensive (accel looping?) arts. Genbu, the way you'd want to build him in AURA, won't do it for him when just equipping a slice gun. He's built for sniping.

I know you could use the Slice Gun to farm trees and gain aura that way, and in combat, use it as a backup, but that still doesn't cut it for me imo. I want to keep my total DPS up by attacking enemies as well instead of trees. Also, most of the time, the trees are already farmed, or didn't give me enough wb charge.
Back to top Go down
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
UncleBobbie

PostSubject: Re: Genbura + Victorl AM build   Genbura + Victorl AM build EmptyMon May 07, 2012 7:50 am

wrote:

I appericate your opinion, but could you eloborate on these points?

I honestly don't see why Victorl AM sucks;
-The stats on the AM are amazing.
-The AM fits Genburas playstyle pretty damn well I'd say.
-Compact Saggi 2 Railgun in the form of an AM, with all problems Saggi 2s Railgun has solved. It has way more range and accuracy, less DPS, sure, but it makes up for it in accuracy and range I'd say. And ammo? Not really a problem as the AM is there only for outside of AURA use.

If you honestly think Victorl AM is that great, go ahead.

wrote:

Why question my choice to go WLK-based railgunning? That's pretty much a given imho. Shortboost is for evasive maneuvers/getting up quickly. It's a sniper. I don't WANT to evade. I want to escape. I'll see them on my Broad Radar and will be able to make my escape easily that way.

I agree, WLK seems pretty obvious. I'd still get short boost though since even with Broad Radar, if you see some one coming and start fleeing, hopping up a ledge is much faster/easier than flying over it. Besides pure dodging short boost is still very useful.

wrote:

Sniper Sight is epic for a suprise burst for about 180 (with my TEC)damage to an AIR, also, very awesome for not letting the enemy know your position on the map. Also, airs won't be alert on dodging that way either, until they eat a railgun to the face.

If you can hit him with Sniper Sight, you'd probably would have hit him without it too. I just prefer Short Boost over Sniper Sight

wrote:

Hmmm... TGH... I guess you have a point. But it'd be nice to have more TGH(or maybe even HP?) just in case. So how2squeeze 2 more TGH in here?

By getting rid of Victorl AM By using some other BS? Like canonballer BS tuned for STR and TGH or something? :V Double Loco X BS both with a Run tune? Ridiculously expensive Capacity tune? I don't know lol. >8D
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Genbura + Victorl AM build   Genbura + Victorl AM build EmptyMon May 07, 2012 7:59 am

Quote :

slotted ACs and joint parts, split up your normal high tunes

Quote :
If you can hit him with Sniper Sight, you'd probably would have hit him without it too. I just prefer Short Boost over Sniper Sight

another one that doesnt get the value of sniper sight.
Back to top Go down
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
UncleBobbie

PostSubject: Re: Genbura + Victorl AM build   Genbura + Victorl AM build EmptyMon May 07, 2012 8:08 am

Quote :
Aurum_Sol wrote:

Another one that prefer Sniper Sight over Short Boost? Lol.

OT: http://www.cosmicbreak.com/commu/?m=pc&a=page_fh_diary&target_c_diary_id=1914

Sticking with 12 TGH doesn't sound so bad, does it?
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Genbura + Victorl AM build   Genbura + Victorl AM build EmptyMon May 07, 2012 8:17 am

UncleBobbie wrote:

Quote :
Aurum_Sol wrote:

sure i do, on a bot with ~400 range and good speed as well as broad radar you shouldnt need to resort to quick climbing.
it is also stupid to just assume that your target has no reaction in movement patterns when a lockon appears. if you ever used snipersight you would have noticed that ESPECIALLY those that are against it are MUCH easier to hit when using snipersight.
why? because they dont even realize themselfs that they start evading patters as soon as a lockon appears.

shortboost for faster movement is a good idea, but on genbu i wouldnt find the place for it if i planned to take all capa because broad radar and snipersight are just that valuable to me on a long range sniping bot. sure, its a preference but i cant stand the argument of "you would hit your target anyways" - players are not bots, get that into your head. >.>
Back to top Go down
<Fenrir>
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
<Fenrir>

PostSubject: Re: Genbura + Victorl AM build   Genbura + Victorl AM build EmptyMon May 07, 2012 8:33 am

Aurum_Sol wrote:
UncleBobbie wrote:

Quote :
Aurum_Sol wrote:

sure i do, on a bot with ~400 range and good speed as well as broad radar you shouldnt need to resort to quick climbing.
it is also stupid to just assume that your target has no reaction in movement patterns when a lockon appears. if you ever used snipersight you would have noticed that ESPECIALLY those that are against it are MUCH easier to hit when using snipersight.
why? because they dont even realize themselfs that they start evading patters as soon as a lockon appears.

shortboost for faster movement is a good idea, but on genbu i wouldnt find the place for it if i planned to take all capa because broad radar and snipersight are just that valuable to me on a long range sniping bot. sure, its a preference but i cant stand the argument of "you would hit your target anyways" - players are not bots, get that into your head. >.>

Exactly why I didn't take any movement cart. Your whole post is pretty much my whole reasoning behind taking Sniper Sight over Short Boost. Why evade when you can hide + escape? Easy to do when you have good speed, broad radar and 400 range.

Also, what do you think of the Victorl AM? (Especially on Genbura?)

@UncleBobbie Like I said, tell me the reasons why you people think the railgun is so bad. I honestly don't see why it's so bad. Especially when tuned like that. It acts like a true Railgun that way, just less damage a bit.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I just want to know your reasoning as to why you think Victorl AM sucks.
Back to top Go down
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
UncleBobbie

PostSubject: Re: Genbura + Victorl AM build   Genbura + Victorl AM build EmptyMon May 07, 2012 8:45 am

In CBEN's arena I honestly don't think Sniper Sight will net you a much bigger score.
Like I said, I personally prefer Short Boost. Guess it's just preference.

About the Victorl AM, the railgun really just sucks. I don't remember why because I don't have it anymore, sorry. :V
Back to top Go down
LS3
[ Girls Generation ]
LS3

Male Posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: Genbura + Victorl AM build   Genbura + Victorl AM build EmptyMon May 07, 2012 10:45 am

You need a farming weapon for the Aura bit: Handy mag?
Back to top Go down
<Fenrir>
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
<Fenrir>

PostSubject: Re: Genbura + Victorl AM build   Genbura + Victorl AM build EmptyMon May 07, 2012 10:48 am

UncleBobbie wrote:
In CBEN's arena I honestly don't think Sniper Sight will net you a much bigger score.
Like I said, I personally prefer Short Boost. Guess it's just preference.

About the Victorl AM, the railgun really just sucks. I don't remember why because I don't have it anymore, sorry. :V

If all it's gonna do for you is give you a bit more vertical mobility while you already have 400 range + broad radar + 35 wlk to use to escape with, I might as well take Boost Run. They're all pretty useless imo (remaining carts) gaurds are pretty useless because you can avoid damage, boost run fucks your aim (cuz of railgun spread increase) and limits you to your boost, sway, like I said, no evasive move needed imo. Rest is useless in general. Sniper Sight helps me a bit more in keeping myself hidden a bit and also helps in shooting people.

Also np about that. And are you really sure that it wasn't an other railgun? (eg. Cruel Railgun, damn that thing sucks...) And if it really sucked so hard, it was probably untuned. All Railguns suck without 400 range. (For the purpose they're meant for is what they'll suck in, I mean.)

LS3 wrote:
You need a farming weapon for the Aura bit: Handy mag?

Fenrir wrote:
I know you could use the *put here weapon of choice for farming trees and/or backup weapon* to farm trees and gain aura that way,
and in combat, use it as a backup, but that still doesn't cut it for me
imo. I want to keep my total DPS up by attacking enemies as well
instead of trees. Also, most of the time, the trees are already farmed,
or didn't give me enough wb charge.

tl;dr
farming = shooting enemies for me (so not trees)
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: Genbura + Victorl AM build   Genbura + Victorl AM build EmptyMon May 07, 2012 12:27 pm

wrote:

How do I cram in 2 moar TGH without changing everything else except HP? (for 14 TGH, iirc that's a breakpoint)
You can drop one of the weapon tunes on the Railgun am, and tune 1 tgh on the Berry Earrings (buy one next bazaar .__.) and 1 tgh on the Railgun am.

You should still be able to outrange most guns until you switch to AURA Railguns.

But 12 tgh is fine >__>
Back to top Go down
<Fenrir>
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
<Fenrir>

PostSubject: Re: Genbura + Victorl AM build   Genbura + Victorl AM build EmptyTue May 08, 2012 3:22 pm

ziix wrote:
[mention][/mention] wrote:

You can drop one of the weapon tunes on the Railgun am, and tune 1 tgh on the Berry Earrings (buy one next bazaar .__.) and 1 tgh on the Railgun am.

You should still be able to outrange most guns until you switch to AURA Railguns.

But 12 tgh is fine >__>

Yea, nvm that question anymore. Hehe.

Any more suggestions? At least, CONSTRUCTIVE suggestions? As in, reasoning behind the points you make. Tyvm. Smile
Back to top Go down
Strykerr
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Strykerr

Male Posts : 331

PostSubject: Re: Genbura + Victorl AM build   Genbura + Victorl AM build EmptyThu May 10, 2012 2:25 pm

my suggestion is that you prepare yourself to get raped when you arent in aura.
Back to top Go down
tuko

PostSubject: Re: Genbura + Victorl AM build   Genbura + Victorl AM build EmptySun May 13, 2012 3:46 pm

nice bulid but sadly genbura BD don't comes with quick landing or else it could be a great hopper. Now i makin a semi-hopper with my genbura now got 1 EWI 5 capa 1 short boost 1 boost run the status ain't that great only haveing 30 tec , 24 wlk, 13 tgh and rest is 1. i forgot wut are teh name of the part i swap but making it a semi hopper-algfag is fun. Still need alot of improvement.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Genbura + Victorl AM build   Genbura + Victorl AM build EmptySun May 13, 2012 4:38 pm

Your goal is to constantly be in aura. Such a highcosting arm severely gimp's his tuning capacity. Along with becoming unused at the start of aura, the bot as a whole still lacks a short-range weapon that doesn't have charging. Melee's and rapid-fire weapons will not allow you to get a shot off when played correctly. And please if you respond don't just say " broad radar and GUD MOBILITY" I run away xd!!!!" because even with a high tier boost run, you'll have a good time trying to evade any land with similar Reid of boost run.
Back to top Go down
Strykerr
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Strykerr

Male Posts : 331

PostSubject: Re: Genbura + Victorl AM build   Genbura + Victorl AM build EmptySun May 13, 2012 5:13 pm

Trill wrote:
Your goal is to constantly be in aura. Such a highcosting arm severely gimp's his tuning capacity. Along with becoming unused at the start of aura, the bot as a whole still lacks a short-range weapon that doesn't have charging. Melee's and rapid-fire weapons will not allow you to get a shot off when played correctly. And please if you respond don't just say " broad radar and GUD MOBILITY" I run away xd!!!!" because even with a high tier boost run, you'll have a good time trying to evade any land with similar Reid of boost run.

"Reid" get off your iphone. Other than that, trill is pretty much dead on the spot. With genbu u should be able to get 40 tec, decent off aura weap, decent mobility all for under 1000k cost. If you are good at building, maybe around low 900s. Hf doing that with victorl am
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Genbura + Victorl AM build   Genbura + Victorl AM build EmptySun May 13, 2012 5:31 pm

Strykerr wrote:
With genbu u should be able to get 40 tec, decent off aura weap, decent mobility all for under 1000k cost.
Technically every bot can only be built under 1000k cost.

(typo aside though you're completely right)

also obligatory victorl-am-is-trash-please-uninstall comment
Back to top Go down
<Fenrir>
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
<Fenrir>

PostSubject: Re: Genbura + Victorl AM build   Genbura + Victorl AM build EmptySat May 19, 2012 3:46 am

Suguri wrote:
Strykerr wrote:
With genbu u should be able to get 40 tec, decent off aura weap, decent mobility all for under 1000k cost.
Technically every bot can only be built under 1000k cost.

(typo aside though you're completely right)

also obligatory victorl-am-is-trash-please-uninstall comment

Why is it trash though? Can someone PLEASE explain it to me?

Also, I already got all the stats I need. 39 TEC is Genbus damage breakpoint for his railgun (for Victorl AM too). 35 WLK is enough, it's the highest ARTs can reach in terms of walking speed and 12 TGH seems okay for a sniper.

Okay maybe I'm wrong, but at least tell me WHY it is wrong so I know the reasoning behind it. I can't do anything with "it sucks" answers.
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

PostSubject: Re: Genbura + Victorl AM build   Genbura + Victorl AM build EmptySat May 19, 2012 4:02 am

It's just not something you farm with.

Plus it's kinda redundant to have 2 railguns.

And, it's like Saggy II but, worse IIRC.

My Genbu farms with double Handy Mags on trees for Ammo/HP/WD and all that other stuff. The Hand Mags also allow for low cost tuning as opposed to a 100 cost AM.
Back to top Go down
<Fenrir>
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
<Fenrir>

PostSubject: Re: Genbura + Victorl AM build   Genbura + Victorl AM build EmptySat May 19, 2012 5:28 am

Mew wrote:

My Genbu farms with double Handy Mags on trees for Ammo/HP/WD and all that other stuff. The Hand Mags also allow for low cost tuning as opposed to a 100 cost AM.

I don't WANT to farm. I want my total DPS to be as high as possible. Secondly, trees aren't always avaible. And again, I already got all the stats I want. Everything else would be just a nice extra, not really needed.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Genbura + Victorl AM build   Genbura + Victorl AM build EmptySat May 19, 2012 8:48 am

Mew wrote:

back when i played genbu, i used a tripple great rapid middlezook, thats 160 cost for out of aura use only
not everyone is the farming type :p
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

PostSubject: Re: Genbura + Victorl AM build   Genbura + Victorl AM build EmptySat May 19, 2012 9:47 am

It's just I would rather have a lower cost.

And, the accuracy on that railgun is kinda bleh for me.

Slow compared to others.

Of course that may just be bias.

Do compare Railguns side by side.

And to be honest, I would rather have a Blast Bazooka to take down AIRs in Non-AURA mode than AURA mode.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Genbura + Victorl AM build   Genbura + Victorl AM build Empty

Back to top Go down

Genbura + Victorl AM build
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next