Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Being a frontline melee fighter

Go down 
+6
IncuSlave
Retrias
MrXerxes
Strykerr
Suguri
Samureece
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Samureece
Newcomer
Newcomer
Samureece

Male Posts : 17

Being a frontline melee fighter Empty
PostSubject: Being a frontline melee fighter   Being a frontline melee fighter EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 2:31 pm

Okay here's the thing:
How the flip can you be a frontline melee fighter without becoming a total hellwrecking rambo-bot?
I mean I know that can work I got 1st with my 40 tgh 33 str (no CV cos i SUCK) dual geo bunker Byne, Razz
but how do those freakin Blazed Baron FF arm stuff survive for so long and get crazy scores?!
I kinda wanna rambo and kill everything I see and then be able to GTFO and heal or something but HOWZZZ? (other than crazy mobility
cos those wing buggers will shoot you in the back while u running away Evil or Very Mad )
Also any notable melee arms that are gettable without insane gara luck? scratch
Nuther thing Geo G type Mod - melee choices aside from the bunkers?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Being a frontline melee fighter   Being a frontline melee fighter EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 2:40 pm

lag does wonders for melee

people who should be costing 7000+ can easily go 0~2400 just because their lag makes them nearly untouchable when meleeing
Back to top Go down
Samureece
Newcomer
Newcomer
Samureece

PostSubject: Re: Being a frontline melee fighter   Being a frontline melee fighter EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 2:51 pm

Ok aside from lag cos all lag does for me is make me totally suck and
be unable to hit anything. = 3= p
When I do lag (which I hardly do but when it happens it happens pretty freakin hard) it does me more harm than good, totally freezing up my game and then dying when I unlag if I may call it that.
Back to top Go down
Strykerr
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Strykerr

Male Posts : 331

PostSubject: Re: Being a frontline melee fighter   Being a frontline melee fighter EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 5:08 pm

Use 40 tgh L land with dual k-shield and 700 hp, you'll survive for atleast 2-3 mins under enemy ps. Stun Regain is a must, CV is recommended.
Back to top Go down
MrXerxes
MrXerxes

Male Posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: Being a frontline melee fighter   Being a frontline melee fighter EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 8:06 am

Strykerr wrote:
Use 40 tgh L land with dual k-shield and 700 hp, you'll survive for atleast 2-3 mins under enemy ps. Stun Regain is a must, CV is recommended.

Using it with A.sura AMJ I suppose? I myself don't know that many L size LND units as I'm an S size user..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Being a frontline melee fighter   Being a frontline melee fighter EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 8:20 am

MrXerxes wrote:
Strykerr wrote:

Using it with A.sura AMJ I suppose? I myself don't know that many L size LND units as I'm an S size user..
I think he's just giving an example of how long you would survive if you had those stats.
Back to top Go down
Retrias
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Retrias

PostSubject: Re: Being a frontline melee fighter   Being a frontline melee fighter EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 11:15 am

>Asura AMJ
WHY , WHY do you even think there ?
Back to top Go down
IncuSlave
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IncuSlave

PostSubject: Re: Being a frontline melee fighter   Being a frontline melee fighter EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 11:54 am

Easiest way to survive as a melee on the front lines: Eris
Easiest way for people as a melee on the front lines without an Eris: Massive TGH, STR, and HP

I would recommend a Mighty Byne/Brigand Baron hybrid. They seem to work pretty well.
Back to top Go down
Strykerr
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Strykerr

PostSubject: Re: Being a frontline melee fighter   Being a frontline melee fighter EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 1:24 pm

MrXerxes wrote:
Strykerr wrote:

Actually I meant for you to use a Beetlander build or a Hate Machine. I was trying to use a jham daed in arena, but the way jham works makes it unable to attack without getting stunned by wingsluts. Thats why you are gonna need dual k-shields to cover your front and some other form of offense thats not handheld.
Back to top Go down
IncuSlave
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IncuSlave

PostSubject: Re: Being a frontline melee fighter   Being a frontline melee fighter EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 1:31 pm

CKAC works really well with a Beetlander HD and a couple of K-Shields. You can get one from DX if you're lucky.
Back to top Go down
Stickboy
Master Poster
Master Poster
Stickboy

Male Posts : 2971

PostSubject: Re: Being a frontline melee fighter   Being a frontline melee fighter EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 2:07 pm

This thread is more like feeding than frontline melee. ._.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Being a frontline melee fighter   Being a frontline melee fighter EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 2:35 pm

Strykerr wrote:
MrXerxes wrote:
Strykerr wrote:

Actually I meant for you to use a Beetlander build or a Hate Machine. I was trying to use a jham daed in arena, but the way jham works makes it unable to attack without getting stunned by wingsluts. Thats why you are gonna need dual k-shields to cover your front and some other form of offense thats not handheld.
Hatemachine probably gets murdered in this meta. No CV is crippling when there's melees and shield-piercing beams everywhere.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: Being a frontline melee fighter   Being a frontline melee fighter EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 7:25 pm

Suguri wrote:
Strykerr wrote:
MrXerxes wrote:

Hatemachine probably gets murdered in this meta. No CV is crippling when there's melees and shield-piercing beams everywhere.

Depends on their luck, since Initium and wing fags are on the front and won't care about arts on the back.
Saw a machine doing whatever it wanted on the back against my team because there wasn't any Initium or Wing around. Actually saw a wing ignoring everything and going to the front (probably to farm sups).

Though my Icy seemed pretty effective since machine can't have CV. >_>
But it didn't last long enough to test it further. D;
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Being a frontline melee fighter   Being a frontline melee fighter EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 7:29 pm

To answer the OP's question, I think you may be confused with front lines and rambo'ing.

You can go and attack people who are fighting on the frontlines aswell without having to dive right into their powerspot.
Back to top Go down
Samureece
Newcomer
Newcomer
Samureece

PostSubject: Re: Being a frontline melee fighter   Being a frontline melee fighter EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 11:44 am

IncuSlave's idea for a Brigand/Byne hybrid seems great but i don't have a Brigand Baron Sad
(got quills dagger tho' Razz great haku killer)
Ok, Trill's last post is extremely valid in my case, normally i'd just go powerspot diving to kill some arts under there and get destroyed in the back by those "frontline fighters", it's just that I don't bother to think about trying to take on frontlining Lnds cos I coulda gone in and crippled some Arts instead of (maybe) getting killed by the other frontliners if they get backup.
K, case closed Trill's post made me (kinda) rethink my melee strategy. Thanks for the replies everyone.

OFFTOPIC: anyone ever tried hiding in that tunnel behind the powerspot in green field? pretty fun...
Back to top Go down
Strykerr
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Strykerr

PostSubject: Re: Being a frontline melee fighter   Being a frontline melee fighter EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 1:20 pm

God is a Cat Girl wrote:
Suguri wrote:
Strykerr wrote:

Depends on their luck, since Initium and wing fags are on the front and won't care about arts on the back.
Saw a machine doing whatever it wanted on the back against my team because there wasn't any Initium or Wing around. Actually saw a wing ignoring everything and going to the front (probably to farm sups).

That machine was prob me, all dem mialy's flying backwards while firing at my k-shields
Back to top Go down
VeryMelon
Jikun Hu
Jikun Hu

Male Posts : 1147

PostSubject: Re: Being a frontline melee fighter   Being a frontline melee fighter EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 2:53 pm

Strykerr wrote:
Try 20-30 seconds, and that if you're lucky.
Back to top Go down
Strykerr
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Strykerr

PostSubject: Re: Being a frontline melee fighter   Being a frontline melee fighter EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 3:29 pm

VeryMelon wrote:
Strykerr wrote:
Try 20-30 seconds, and that if you're lucky.

You clearly haven't logged on recently. The quality of players has dropped, DRASTICALLY...
Back to top Go down
VeryMelon
Jikun Hu
Jikun Hu

Male Posts : 1147

PostSubject: Re: Being a frontline melee fighter   Being a frontline melee fighter EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 2:26 pm

I played like a week or two ago and alt F4'd due to amount of bullshit being thrown at me.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Being a frontline melee fighter   Being a frontline melee fighter EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 9:11 pm

Strykerr wrote:
God is a Cat Girl wrote:
Suguri wrote:

That machine was prob me, all dem mialy's flying backwards while firing at my k-shields

It wasn't you. XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Being a frontline melee fighter   Being a frontline melee fighter Empty

Back to top Go down

Being a frontline melee fighter
Page 1 of 1