Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[News] 15 Year old dressing like a cute doll.

Go down 
+7
Retrias
Nisa
Suki_Eve
Gerrion
Zwiebel Force
IronDicks
Malphes
11 posters
AuthorMessage

[News] 15 Year old dressing like a cute doll. Empty
PostSubject: [News] 15 Year old dressing like a cute doll.   [News] 15 Year old dressing like a cute doll. EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 5:48 am

Random Browsing on facebook and I found this.

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/15-old-living-doll-youtubes-controversial-star-223500233.html
http://kotaku.com/5896366/when-your-daughter-thinks-shes-an-anime-doll-and-talks-to-creepy-guys-online/gallery/1

What are your thoughts? As far as I see, she's obsessed with Japanese culture and anime and a lot of online media sites are criticizing the way she dresses because they think it has highly sexual undertones.

As far as the comments I've read, they're mostly in favour of the girl dressing like a cute little doll. For two reasons

1. There could be worse things she could do, like illegal drugs, underage drinking and sex, etc.
2. There's nothing wrong with dressing up cutely, it could be worse when she is wearing outfits that are more skimpy and revealing. The clothes she is wearing are mostly modest and covers up her privates.

Personally, I'm neutral with it.
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: [News] 15 Year old dressing like a cute doll.   [News] 15 Year old dressing like a cute doll. EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 7:02 am

how is it worth mentioning that someone dresses up fancy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [News] 15 Year old dressing like a cute doll.   [News] 15 Year old dressing like a cute doll. EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 7:04 am

Malphes wrote:
how is it worth mentioning that someone dresses up fancy
I wonder what's with the media coverage these days, they make such a big deal out of the little things.
Back to top Go down
IronDicks
♥ラブマスター♥
♥ラブマスター♥
IronDicks

Male Posts : 1504

PostSubject: Re: [News] 15 Year old dressing like a cute doll.   [News] 15 Year old dressing like a cute doll. EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 7:07 am

media blowing things out of proportion.

just because it doesn't doesn't follow our social norm doesn't mean people should be saying its bad and blaming japan because its misunderstood by the west
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [News] 15 Year old dressing like a cute doll.   [News] 15 Year old dressing like a cute doll. EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 8:22 am

Well, Japanese culture and aesthetics is weird when seen through the eyes of people who come from the west who are unfamiliar with it.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: [News] 15 Year old dressing like a cute doll.   [News] 15 Year old dressing like a cute doll. EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 11:37 am

I don't see how this is sexual. I guess it's just another case of some ugly old feminist who wants some attention. There are many girls doing this types of videos on youtube and as long as there are teen aged girls, there will be perverts who look for them.

Yahoo so random ._.
Back to top Go down
Gerrion
Wild Molcar
Wild Molcar

Male Posts : 2218

PostSubject: Re: [News] 15 Year old dressing like a cute doll.   [News] 15 Year old dressing like a cute doll. EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 3:15 pm

After seeing this, i believe it's a mix of everything. Harsh cultural impacts, media exploitation, wrong interpretations.

But beyond those, i also see fear of change.

What should be trully considered is if that change is either beneficial or not. If Miss Hilary, the Harvard sociologist, who studied the subject, said this case can be a problem, then the girl should take caution on this "fame gamble".
Back to top Go down
Suki_Eve
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Suki_Eve

Female Posts : 1493

PostSubject: Re: [News] 15 Year old dressing like a cute doll.   [News] 15 Year old dressing like a cute doll. EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 6:50 pm

America put Selena Gomez on a magazine, with the flavor text of "50 sex tips!".

Clearly, my faith in anything the media says is over 9000.

Regardless, any time of Youtube "sensation"/"star" is going to be met with mixed audiences and jerks. I don't understand why the article is bashing men for liking it. Audiences aren't something where you can force a demographic.

Ever seen Hannah Minx? All of her "JWOW" videos spend about 3/4th of the time emphasizing her breasts/sex appeal. ._. This doll chick is better than Minxy.

B> More lolita-style clothing advertisers.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: [News] 15 Year old dressing like a cute doll.   [News] 15 Year old dressing like a cute doll. EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 11:19 am

Media>

There goes any fucks I would have given.
Back to top Go down
Retrias
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Retrias

PostSubject: Re: [News] 15 Year old dressing like a cute doll.   [News] 15 Year old dressing like a cute doll. EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 3:27 pm

it's a girl, talking on the video..... what is so special?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [News] 15 Year old dressing like a cute doll.   [News] 15 Year old dressing like a cute doll. EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 6:32 pm

The mass media are like gigantic attention whores, just use something that is not concerning and make a big fuss about it.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: [News] 15 Year old dressing like a cute doll.   [News] 15 Year old dressing like a cute doll. EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 5:16 am

Somehow become star of youtube. I lol'd
Back to top Go down
milk
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
milk

Male Posts : 1918

PostSubject: Re: [News] 15 Year old dressing like a cute doll.   [News] 15 Year old dressing like a cute doll. EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 7:08 am

this is truly the type of shit i need to keep up on.
let me just read this a couple of more times to ensure i make sure what i'm reading is true.
mhm.
hm.
it looks true.
Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [News] 15 Year old dressing like a cute doll.   [News] 15 Year old dressing like a cute doll. EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 7:21 am

O A O;

Miliken's back! I recognised DAT EPIC SIGGY!!!
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie
Molcars Wearing Sunglasses

Male Posts : 2457

PostSubject: Re: [News] 15 Year old dressing like a cute doll.   [News] 15 Year old dressing like a cute doll. EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 3:05 pm

This is just something the society does not understand, so they must bash it. Seriously, it isn't the first time the media puts a teen trend in a negative light.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [News] 15 Year old dressing like a cute doll.   [News] 15 Year old dressing like a cute doll. EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 3:50 pm

After seeing who made OC... I have the feeling LXE is a pedo .-.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [News] 15 Year old dressing like a cute doll.   [News] 15 Year old dressing like a cute doll. EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 9:10 pm

iKray wrote:
After seeing who made OC... I have the feeling LXE is a pedo .-.
You and your stupid assumptions.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: [News] 15 Year old dressing like a cute doll.   [News] 15 Year old dressing like a cute doll. EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 9:33 pm

I figured I should comment now I guess.

While dressing up is nothing bad or wrong, but the fact that the girl wants to literally become a doll could be a form of escapism(click that blue word) which isn't healthy. But maybe I'm just reading too far into it.

And I do have to agree, her voice is exactly similar to what they make fun of on Saturday Night Live.
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

Male Posts : 2457

PostSubject: Re: [News] 15 Year old dressing like a cute doll.   [News] 15 Year old dressing like a cute doll. EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 6:52 am

Trill wrote:
I figured I should comment now I guess.

While dressing up is nothing bad or wrong, but the fact that the girl wants to literally become a doll could be a form of escapism(click that blue word) which isn't healthy. But maybe I'm just reading too far into it.

And I do have to agree, her voice is exactly similar to what they make fun of on Saturday Night Live.
Mota, many activities we undergo in life are susceptible of becoming ways of escapism.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [News] 15 Year old dressing like a cute doll.   [News] 15 Year old dressing like a cute doll. Empty

Back to top Go down

[News] 15 Year old dressing like a cute doll.
Page 1 of 1