Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kid Icarus: Uprising

Go down 
+5
Suguri
UncleBobbie
LS3
CapeMike
SL the Pyro
9 posters
AuthorMessage
SL the Pyro
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SL the Pyro

Male Posts : 364

Kid Icarus: Uprising Empty
PostSubject: Kid Icarus: Uprising   Kid Icarus: Uprising EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 11:43 pm

My God, where do I even start?

Ever since launch day (3/23/2012), I've been enthralled with Kid Icarus: Uprising. I've been waiting for it to come out ever since the day it was revealed in one of Nintendo's conferences - in fact it could very well be the game I bought the 3DS for to begin with - and I have to say the wait was worth it.

For anyone expecting the game to fall short and be repetitive like Super Mario 3D Land was, you'll be in for a pleasant surprise: the game is actually quite lengthy and, given how far you turn up the difficulty slider - known as the "Fiend's Cauldron" - can be anywhere from a cakewalk to completely and utterly unforgiving. How well you'll do in the main stages is determined by how well you forge your weapons and select your abilities (known simply as "Powers"), as well as your skills in handling them. And there are a lot of different weapons complete with unique traits, along with lots of unique powers you can find. You'll really need to know what you're doing on the highest difficulty level, but all the same it's really good; great gameplay and decent storyline.

Of course, who could forget about the PvP that was showcased constantly? It's not as difficult as you can make the main story be, in fact it's actually quite fun even if you have low-tier weapons/powers. There are lots of ways to to fight in story mode, and even more in online mode. The game really emphasizes using the weapon type that you're most comfortable with. (For me, it's Staves.) Also worth noting is that the netplay is a lot less laggy than most of their handheld games, which is a huge plus.

Possibly the only gripe I have with the game is the odd control scheme: one side of the 3DS for moving, the corresponding shoulder button for attacking and the touch screen/other side of the 3DS for aiming/looking around. It definitely takes some getting used to, but it works. And you will need to get used to it, because you need really good coordination as the game gets harder. The console-holding stand that comes with the game really helps, I find. If you have a 3DS and don't have Kid Icarus: Uprising, I urge you to get it, because it is as good as Nintendo was boasting it would be.

On that note, surely I'm not the only person on these forums who has this game. Who else here is enjoying it?

Also: apparently the game is patchable (link to source). Kind of exciting to learn this, I can't help but wonder what they would be patching. *has his fingers crossed for a few multiplayer additions*
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus: Uprising   Kid Icarus: Uprising EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 12:09 am

While it certainly looks impressive, nothing I saw in the previews made it a 'must buy' for me...; instead, I waited until the day after it came out, and purchased a download code from Gamestop for the 3d Classics Kid Icarus...cripes, I can't even count how many afternoons I lost to the NES original...so -this-, in comparison to it's 3DS counterpart, was a 'shut up and take my money!' deal...though, I suppose Uprising may still warrant a look-see in the future.... Smile
Back to top Go down
LS3
[ Girls Generation ]
LS3

Male Posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus: Uprising   Kid Icarus: Uprising EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 12:18 am

The reason I buy games from Nintendo is to beat them as fast as I can. So even if I do buy it, it's gonna end up with me hacking it like Pokemon #em3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus: Uprising   Kid Icarus: Uprising EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 5:20 am

3DS's price dropped in Australia. Getting a PS Vita first.
Back to top Go down
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
UncleBobbie

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus: Uprising   Kid Icarus: Uprising EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 6:57 am

I bought this game on day 1.
It's fucking awesome.

Leave your friend code or whatever so we can play online together.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus: Uprising   Kid Icarus: Uprising EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 8:01 am

This makes me want a 3DS so badly ;_;
Back to top Go down
<Fenrir>
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
<Fenrir>

Male Posts : 171

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus: Uprising   Kid Icarus: Uprising EmptyThu May 17, 2012 1:21 pm

I'm waiting for a CycloDS/Acekard/R4 kind of card for the 3DS to play this game with. Yes, I'm a pirate. Arrr, matey. Problem?
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus: Uprising   Kid Icarus: Uprising EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:37 am

screw pirating this game is way too good for me to wait like that

I'm a pirate and I've bought legit 3DS games JUST BECAUSE THEY'RE THAT GOOD uehauehauehauehae

also GRINDING FOR WEPONZ LIEK A WACK YO
Back to top Go down
Cybernetic
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Cybernetic

Male Posts : 452

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus: Uprising   Kid Icarus: Uprising EmptyMon May 21, 2012 2:44 pm

I literally just got this game a day ago, and it's probably the only game I've been serious on the PvP aspects, so if you see a person named Arkeia, you might just want to hide, cause I'm telling you, getting first, hasn't felt better xD

Also friend-code is 3780-9084-3968
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus: Uprising   Kid Icarus: Uprising EmptyTue May 22, 2012 9:12 am

BUILDING MY 6* MELEE ORB STAFF

FOR THE LULZ

AHAHAHAHAHAHA
Back to top Go down
Cybernetic
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Cybernetic

Male Posts : 452

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus: Uprising   Kid Icarus: Uprising EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 3:31 pm

Got myself some 300+ value weps, highest at 314, hedghog claws that make me run REALLY fast, loving it!

Then there's all these cannons, and a hewdraw club that goes 157.9M with a standing charge shot, it's freaking GODLY, especially doing 300-200 DMG on hit with melee, or ranged.
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus: Uprising   Kid Icarus: Uprising EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 4:04 am

so I got my staves

but no one to fire them at

I'm sad
Back to top Go down
Prior
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Prior

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus: Uprising   Kid Icarus: Uprising EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 6:53 am

For some reason I love sniping people with staves :V

It seems that staves are the worst PvP weapons around though...
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus: Uprising   Kid Icarus: Uprising EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 7:25 am

Prior wrote:
For some reason I love sniping people with staves :V

It seems that staves are the worst PvP weapons around though...
mainly because everyone are dashing everywhere

I mainly main orb, scorpio and lancer staves. Orb and lancer are pretty good in melee with good mid-range shots, scorpio makes go fast.
Back to top Go down
SL the Pyro
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SL the Pyro

Male Posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus: Uprising   Kid Icarus: Uprising EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 3:22 pm

The only staff I use for PvP is the Flintlock Staff; it's pretty much the designated sniping staff since its charged shot hits immediately no matter what distance, not to mention the further away you are, the more powerful the shot is. It also looks like an actual rifle, which is awesome.

I've been tinkering with making a Flintlock with 6* Ranged attack, Dash ch. shot +4 and Shot range +4 to maximize the damage as much as possible. So far I have 6* and Dash ch. shot +2, and these are my damage numbers at maximum range:

-regular dash shot: almost 600
-with Energy Charge or Trade Off: 1000+
-with Energy Charge and Trade Off: 2100+

...Yeah. It hurts. I've tore down people using the Libra Sponge/Aries Armor combo with this weapon, and it's not even maxed out yet.
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus: Uprising   Kid Icarus: Uprising EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 5:18 am

oh I also like laser staff. Fuck charging I pew pew you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus: Uprising   Kid Icarus: Uprising Empty

Back to top Go down

Kid Icarus: Uprising
Page 1 of 1