Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1st Practice Clan Tourney

Go down 
+13
-VB-
rei_hunter
ziix
Stickboy
Adius
Tuskin
Aria
EvannGeo
zerocl
reVelske
resireth
Hyoka
Sladezero
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sladezero
Police Is Coming
Police Is Coming

Male Posts : 209

1st Practice Clan Tourney  Empty
PostSubject: 1st Practice Clan Tourney    1st Practice Clan Tourney  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 12:39 am

1st Practice Clan Tourney  13s

Since CS has been lazy and havent said a word about the next one (If there is even another one) I figured it might be fun to have a practice one.
I was thinking of having it 3/16 starting at 6:00PM server time (the normal tourney start time) but if we cant get enough players/teams by then ill push it back to a later date.
This is a practice tourney so no there will be prizes unless someone wants to give a prize.

1st Practice Clan Tourney Rules:

-The tournament will be single-elimination style. Clans who wish to participate in the tournament may register a team roster of up to 15 members (10 regulars + 5 alternates) by posting in the cosmic break community post ill make.

-The deadline for entry is 3/15 (It might change, depends on if it will get pushed back or not. It will always be the day before the tourney.)

-When conducting matches, only players on each clan's team roster may participate; players not included on the registered 15 person team roster will not be allowed to play, even if they are members of the competing clan. This is in order to avoid any allegations of team stacking. We highly suggest that all clans who wish to participate register a full 15 members, as we will not allow unregistered alternates to take the place of regular members who fail to show up.

-Matches will be 10 vs. 10, and will be held in special password protected clan fight rooms.

-In order to ensure that matches begin smoothly, teams should complete all customizations, commando changes, and other such adjustments before hand. We ask that all participating players kindly refrain from opening the garage while waiting in the clan fight room.

-Please use the IN-GAME PLAYER NAMES of your clan's members when registering.

-The tournament starting time will be 6:00 PM server time.

-Once your team enters the room all members must got to their garage and cannot leave the garage untill the Tourney Official gives the go. The Tourney Official will only give the go when both clan's designated leaders give they ready signal. (doesnt have to be the clan actual leader)
No garaging is allowed after the Tourney Offical gives the go. If anyone on a team garages after it that team is instantly disqualified.

-This is a non-ZERO type moe tourney (For obvious reasons). If one of your teammates is caught using one or has one in his or hers commandos, your clan forfeits the match.

-Observers will be the Tourney Officials then the remaining spots will be free game to the other clan members of the battleing clans, if you want to record the matches feel free to.

-We will need a group of Tourney Officials to moderate each match (If you are a Tourney Official you can still enter the tourney but you cant be a Tourney Official of the match your clan is in, unless your just recording the match.)
This is also for the ones who wish to record the matches.

-The size of the tournament will depend on how many clans are willing to participate. Ill be using challonge.com to mix up the brackets.

-Maps for which will be used are undetermined atm, but Green Field will be the final map

-Please Register with the following format:

Clan Name:
Union:

Tourney Officials:

Registered Clans:

Last edited by Sladezero on Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: 1st Practice Clan Tourney    1st Practice Clan Tourney  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 1:07 am

inb4 every clan brings zeroes and it can't go on.
Back to top Go down
resireth
Master Poster
Master Poster
resireth

Male Posts : 2129

PostSubject: Re: 1st Practice Clan Tourney    1st Practice Clan Tourney  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 1:12 am

Seems interesting. Shall try to convince my current clan to join.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: 1st Practice Clan Tourney    1st Practice Clan Tourney  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 1:44 am

Zero has more or less put all the worth-a-shit clans on hiatus, doubt people would bother to come back without any incentive, which means all you have left are faget clans (ahuehuehuehue EFB).

Enjoy your Mialy Break clan tourney though. You might as well just ask Shitflake if they want a clannie match, they are probably the only active fagclan that can compete with EFB on the same fagetory level.
Back to top Go down
zerocl
Molcar Coming Out Of A Vase
Molcar Coming Out Of A Vase

Male Posts : 1404

PostSubject: Re: 1st Practice Clan Tourney    1st Practice Clan Tourney  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 2:02 am

I would like to see a clan tourney with ban options (if you play LoL or DotA, you know what i'm talking about), where a team ban a hero (a core in this case)
But that doesn't gonna happen anyways
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastfm.es/user/z3r0yqzaen
EvannGeo
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
EvannGeo

Female Posts : 222

PostSubject: Re: 1st Practice Clan Tourney    1st Practice Clan Tourney  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 2:42 am

we would join in if there's "NO ZEROs" rules, that would make err.. balance.. atleast..
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

Male Posts : 2859

PostSubject: Re: 1st Practice Clan Tourney    1st Practice Clan Tourney  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 2:54 am

Zerging Zeros
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Male Posts : 2811

PostSubject: Re: 1st Practice Clan Tourney    1st Practice Clan Tourney  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 3:11 am

Sladezero wrote:
Maps for which will be used are undetermined atm, but Green Field will be the final map

1st Practice Clan Tourney  NKAVp
Back to top Go down
Adius
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Adius

Male Posts : 318

PostSubject: Re: 1st Practice Clan Tourney    1st Practice Clan Tourney  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 3:14 am

doesnt everyone have finals coming up soon?

well... im going to be busy

can we have it like in late april/may when everyone is off?
Back to top Go down
Stickboy
Master Poster
Master Poster
Stickboy

Male Posts : 2971

PostSubject: Re: 1st Practice Clan Tourney    1st Practice Clan Tourney  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 3:16 am

I'll pass. I haz no clan and EN sucks nowdays. ._.
Back to top Go down
Adius
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Adius

PostSubject: Re: 1st Practice Clan Tourney    1st Practice Clan Tourney  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 3:22 am

instead of having a particular date for a big tournament... it would be nice to just have organized matches...

so i suggest... instead of a tournament... we should have a "clan challenge" thread ... where clans can challenge each other and set up dates for matches
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: 1st Practice Clan Tourney    1st Practice Clan Tourney  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 3:35 am

How about we just set-up a no-zero team match? ;___;
Back to top Go down
Sladezero
Police Is Coming
Police Is Coming

Male Posts : 209

PostSubject: Re: 1st Practice Clan Tourney    1st Practice Clan Tourney  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 4:25 am

Adius wrote:
instead of having a particular date for a big tournament... it would be nice to just have organized matches...

so i suggest... instead of a tournament... we should have a "clan challenge" thread ... where clans can challenge each other and set up dates for matches

hm i like that idea better, why dont we do this instead

but would it be just fights for fun or would there be a point system incorporated into it?
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: 1st Practice Clan Tourney    1st Practice Clan Tourney  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 4:51 am

Tournies are just painful coordination ;/

Clan Matching by themselves sounds like a good idea. At least put some thrill into playing i guess
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
-VB-
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
-VB-

Male Posts : 172

PostSubject: Re: 1st Practice Clan Tourney    1st Practice Clan Tourney  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 5:29 am

pretty nice idea for clan challenge, that would stir some heat in CBEN.....

well, it would e nice if there's a price too
Back to top Go down
Gerrion
Wild Molcar
Wild Molcar

Male Posts : 2218

PostSubject: Re: 1st Practice Clan Tourney    1st Practice Clan Tourney  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 5:48 am

Don't mind taking part, just need to know if i'm avainable.

Quote :
-This is a non-ZERO type moe tourney (For obvious reasons). If one of your teammates is caught using one or has one in his or hers commandos, your clan forfeits the match.

Tbh, i think restricting ZERO moes as a practice for a later tourney in which ZERO moes have a high chance of being legally (and probably in mass) used is a bad idea. At best, i'd recomend the sole use of two ZERO bots, one Resha and one Eris. That way, both clans would take them into account, prepare strategies (either with them or against them) and make this practice more viable without any clan being overwhelmed. And by watching them in action, clans can really practice for the true Clan Tourney with them in mind.

I don't mind putting my Resha aside. Been having fun healing and pulling stuff with my Regina from the first Mega Gara Wink
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: 1st Practice Clan Tourney    1st Practice Clan Tourney  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 6:04 am

Gerrion wrote:
Tbh, i think restricting ZERO moes as a practice for a later tourney in which ZERO moes have a high chance of being legally (and probably in mass) used is a bad idea

>Zero clannie

Why would you want to play that or even practice for that? Are a few Rt incentive in a ruined game really worth losing some brain cells in a Zerofaget tourney over?
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: 1st Practice Clan Tourney    1st Practice Clan Tourney  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 7:00 am

reVelske wrote:
Enjoy your Mialy Break clan tourney though. You might as well just ask Shitflake if they want a clannie match, they are probably the only active fagclan that can compete with EFB on the same fagetory level.
It's comments like these that make me wonder if EFB even has any positive support from anyone anymore...
Back to top Go down
thehellamireading
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
thehellamireading

PostSubject: Re: 1st Practice Clan Tourney    1st Practice Clan Tourney  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 7:30 am

Gerrion wrote:
Don't mind taking part, just need to know if i'm avainable.

Quote :

Tbh, i think restricting ZERO moes as a practice for a later tourney in which ZERO moes have a high chance of being legally (and probably in mass) used is a bad idea. At best, i'd recomend the sole use of two ZERO bots, one Resha and one Eris. That way, both clans would take them into account, prepare strategies (either with them or against them) and make this practice more viable without any clan being overwhelmed. And by watching them in action, clans can really practice for the true Clan Tourney with them in mind.

I don't mind putting my Resha aside. Been having fun healing and pulling stuff with my Regina from the first Mega Gara Wink

as long as there are ZERO's it is not fun, i would say clan matchings are more appropriate since people would'nt even bother to enter something that would'nt even be fun at all
Back to top Go down
Gerrion
Wild Molcar
Wild Molcar

Male Posts : 2218

PostSubject: Re: 1st Practice Clan Tourney    1st Practice Clan Tourney  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 7:48 am

Quote :
Why would you want to play that or even practice for that? Are a few Rt incentive in a ruined game really worth losing some brain cells in a Zerofaget tourney over?

I was more for the participating that actually for the winning. There are still players out there who like to sign up for the challenge rather than stressing out for the prize.

Also, players can just go for the practice tourney only and avoid the real one for the reasons that made you write those questions with so much hate in them (that's at least what i think).

And again, i quote what i said before:

Quote :
I don't mind putting my Resha aside.

The reason why i added the ZERO restricting option was because this idea was related to the original tournament. If it's a practice to the real tournament, it should hold all the rules that the actual tournament has, or at least lesser versions of it. If the actual tournament feels like a dreaded nightmare due to the unbalanced moes around, then doing similar competitions with variant rules seems the best bet.

Quote :
Clan Matching by themselves sounds like a good idea. At least put some thrill into playing i guess

Which brings us to this concept, which i also agree that it's a good idea.

And another thing...

Quote :
It's comments like these that make me wonder if EFB even has any positive support from anyone anymore...

Sorry to ask, Astral, but what does EFB stand for?
Back to top Go down
Adius
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Adius

PostSubject: Re: 1st Practice Clan Tourney    1st Practice Clan Tourney  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 9:27 am

Gerrion wrote:

Quote :

Sorry to ask, Astral, but what does EFB stand for?

lol... this comment again... once again i would like to point out that EFB had always had the latest bots ...because we are a clan that tend to roll gara pretty often... nothing changed... we roll and play with whatever we get... just because we got zeroes and play with them doesnt mean our clan changed at all...

can i please ask the admins to moderate this thread a little better so that there are no personal attacks... i think slade did a good thing by posting this and i would hate for it to be ruined by prejudice comments

efb = eternalforceblizzard

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: 1st Practice Clan Tourney    1st Practice Clan Tourney  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 12:03 pm

Gerrion wrote:

I was more for the participating that actually for the winning. There are still players out there who like to sign up for the challenge rather than stressing out for the prize.

I'm not following your train of thoughts at all, are you telling me you actually believe that a Zero-infested tourney could be entertaining or enjoyable to participate?

Astral_Goddess wrote:

When nigh every EFB member you see in arena sport Mialy during Mialy Break and Zero during Zero Break, you kinda lose any ounce of respect for the clan, especially when it looks like they are actively recruiting these nameless/low ranks who play nothing but these brain-dead nonsense, it's as if they are actively trying to build a clan that will stop at nothing to win, Adius's "how to fag up arena for top rank" thread didn't help their image either.

Adius wrote:

can i please ask the admins to moderate this thread a little better so that there are no personal attacks... i think slade did a good thing by posting this and i would hate for it to be ruined by prejudice comments

Personal attacks and prejudice comments where?
Back to top Go down
Adius
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Adius

PostSubject: Re: 1st Practice Clan Tourney    1st Practice Clan Tourney  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 12:37 pm

reVelske wrote:
Gerrion wrote:

I'm not following your train of thoughts at all, are you telling me you actually believe that a Zero-infested tourney could be entertaining or enjoyable to participate?

Astral_Goddess wrote:

When nigh every EFB member you see in arena sport Mialy during Mialy Break and Zero during Zero Break, you kinda lose any ounce of respect for the clan, especially when it looks like they are actively recruiting these nameless/low ranks who play nothing but these brain-dead nonsense, it's as if they are actively trying to build a clan that will stop at nothing to win, Adius's "how to fag up arena for top rank" thread didn't help their image either.

Adius wrote:

Personal attacks and prejudice comments where?

okay... i like to see you trying to recruit for a dos clan... dos = lowest population, lowest amount of talented players

how about you get off your high horse and do something to help for once instead of just bitching and criticizing shit

i have more respect for the people that quit because they couldnt stand the zeroes rather than the people who just hang around and bitch and try to coerce everyone to think like they do... fken facist bastard, grow some balls, liberate your mind... then we'll talk
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: 1st Practice Clan Tourney    1st Practice Clan Tourney  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 12:59 pm

And now we go back on topic:

I think that if ZEROs are allowed, each team should get one ZERO type robot per side, per battle. Once that bot is destroyed, the person that used the ZERO has to use the other two bots in their commando, else a 2nd use of the ZERO results in automatic loss for that side.
Back to top Go down
Stickboy
Master Poster
Master Poster
Stickboy

Male Posts : 2971

PostSubject: Re: 1st Practice Clan Tourney    1st Practice Clan Tourney  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 3:05 pm

a single Eris is enough to distract the entire team, while others goes KILL DAT ERIS, TROLOLOLOL and got killed by some other guys. Wat. .____.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st Practice Clan Tourney    1st Practice Clan Tourney  Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next