Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Failed Lumberjack Event

Go down 
+11
NovaZero
koi
Asukuu
Eizien
TaeTae
Divayth
FenixStryk
gunzlinger
Sean
LoneWolfZX
Ryftbringer
15 posters
AuthorMessage

Failed Lumberjack Event Empty
PostSubject: Failed Lumberjack Event   Failed Lumberjack Event EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 10:33 pm

Feel free to leave your comments on how disappointed you are on this pathetic attempt of a tree event in ob2. We use to make MILLIONS in a few minutes. Now it seems you can't make a mil doing the whole event in an hours time. Being greedy on a beta that will be wiped is not ok. Going through each area with 1fps while the server is about to crash only to get 1k per tree is not acceptable. It's not even fun to participate because you can't even move around or talk. You simple lag to death and hope you hit something within that lag. If you do, it's a tiny tune up part or 1k...

Failed Lumberjack Event Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZriTBg29y6BT3zXzGdILN08cL7UpTtRadNL0Xn-FD-yLug4M&t=1&usg=__-bzO1cdXRQ2pdIgL7rCIgpv1QHI=

For those who were not in chat while I said it... I started off the event with a bloody nose. I had to grab the bowl I was using earlier to eat from to put it under my nose while I tried to get trees... So I was bleeding out for a good amount of time almost filling said bowl. Only to get 1k from each tree.
scratch

Last edited by Mayhem on Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:56 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ryftbringer

Male Posts : 47

PostSubject: Re: Failed Lumberjack Event   Failed Lumberjack Event EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 10:36 pm

Is the event even started yet? I never saw any official indication that it was active and I've been sitting here for half an hour
Back to top Go down
LoneWolfZX
LoneWolfZX

Male Posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: Failed Lumberjack Event   Failed Lumberjack Event EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 10:38 pm

EDIT. Now that I'm cooled down i can say personally what my problems were with the event

1. I didn't even know it started. I remember logging in a seeing a message saying the event was going to start soon, so i headed down the quest area. I'm just chilling at the starting outpost for a while when some random guy started yelling it started not believing him because there was no announcement from the GM's i just waited then i noticed it was getting pretty empty here so i decided to head in anyways. Which lead to

2. LAGFEST MUCH after the longest loading screen is history i was finally in the first area only to have my computer cough out my harddrive and freeze so i was stuck looking at the behind of my bot behind for a good min or 2

3. finally past the worst loading of anything i have ever done on my pc i decided to find my first tree i start spamming it to hell noticing its health bar barely move i gave up to attack another tree that was being ganged banged by arts 7 trees later and half way through my ammo for my first bot and 5k UC i decided to just give up and call it a day without even going to my first outpost

all in all i just could not enjoy this event in any way

Last edited by LoneWolfZX on Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://home.comcast.net/~wolfand/

PostSubject: Re: Failed Lumberjack Event   Failed Lumberjack Event EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 10:41 pm

Ryftbringer wrote:
Is the event even started yet? I never saw any official indication that it was active and I've been sitting here for half an hour
It's been going for 30 minutes now. That's how it is... They failed hard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Failed Lumberjack Event   Failed Lumberjack Event EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 10:47 pm

They should make it for all channels or something... I got craploads of lag, plus barely got a chance to do anything.... Well I'm a melee in the first place, but still
Back to top Go down
Sean
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Sean

Male Posts : 966

PostSubject: Re: Failed Lumberjack Event   Failed Lumberjack Event EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 10:48 pm

It really did fail so much!!! I thought I would of been able to get atleast 1 tree, but no I didn't. And then I tried going from area 9 to area 12 and I got stuck on the loading screen. It just keep loading and loading and loading. Finally I just said heck with it and closed it. =/
Back to top Go down
http://xlythe.com
Ryftbringer

Male Posts : 47

PostSubject: Re: Failed Lumberjack Event   Failed Lumberjack Event EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 pm

I was planning on putting in some money when the game goes live.. Just maybe thirty bucks worth, about the same as a cheap game for my gameboy. Now? I'm reconsidering putting in even that much, if any.
Back to top Go down
gunzlinger
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
gunzlinger

Male Posts : 111

PostSubject: Re: Failed Lumberjack Event   Failed Lumberjack Event EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 11:15 pm

"Help, I've fallen and I can't get up". Was my thought on this event. In soooo many ways. It failed pretty hard; I lagged out a few times. Didn't even get a single tree. It needs to be better organized or split across multiple channels, with a limit for each room. That would remedy some of it. Still, I was quite disappointed at the majority of people. Just my two cents' worth, and I would like to echo - "Son, I am disappoint..."
Back to top Go down
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

Male Posts : 382

PostSubject: Re: Failed Lumberjack Event   Failed Lumberjack Event EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 12:01 am

I wasn't really impressed. Trees were scarce and the game was jittery on even my high-end PC. Simply put, I wasn't having fun; counter-productive for an event to not be fun, don't you agree?
Back to top Go down
Divayth
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Failed Lumberjack Event   Failed Lumberjack Event EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 3:10 am

I managed to earn 17k while scarcely finding keys to the next areas before I would run out of time. As for lag, there wasn't really that much of it. I'll be sure to play melee instead next time.
Back to top Go down
TaeTae
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
TaeTae

PostSubject: Re: Failed Lumberjack Event   Failed Lumberjack Event EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 3:46 am

As a whole it was a fail event though I did manage to earn some money. But that was due to only one reason, because i managed to kill a whole line of snowmen that dropped 5k each as it spawned off to the side from everyone. When the trees spawn with like 100 other people shooting, good luck >.<
Back to top Go down
Eizien
Eizien

PostSubject: Re: Failed Lumberjack Event   Failed Lumberjack Event EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 5:00 am

I got something worse. Everytime i tried to enter the channel, the interface would get all distorted and soon enough i cant see anything besides the blue sky. Oh sure, somehow i got into the area with half a screen working, but as soon as i do the controls wont work anymore and yes, blue sky again. I tried on the other two channels and they work just fine. I quit after a few tries of this. it was impossible to participate
Back to top Go down
Asukuu
Asukuu

Male Posts : 48

PostSubject: Re: Failed Lumberjack Event   Failed Lumberjack Event EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 5:17 am

Despite all the negative comments i actually found this lumberjack event to be fun, but it was my first one after all. At first i was unable to get on my better computer so for the first hour it sucked so much since i was getting 1 fps every like 3 seconds and could not kill anything since i was melee. When i got onto my better computer it was very fun since i actually got UC out of it and could hit things. Sure we are not getting enough even if this is a beta but im satisfied with what i got which was around 300k

EDIT: having a giant fat byne to camp items especially those 5k UC helped me alot and was about 2/3 of my UC earned by pushing all the tiny bots away
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/asukuu

PostSubject: Re: Failed Lumberjack Event   Failed Lumberjack Event EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 6:56 am

Asukuu wrote:
Despite all the negative comments i actually found this lumberjack event to be fun, but it was my first one after all. At first i was unable to get on my better computer so for the first hour it sucked so much since i was getting 1 fps every like 3 seconds and could not kill anything since i was melee. When i got onto my better computer it was very fun since i actually got UC out of it and could hit things. Sure we are not getting enough even if this is a beta but im satisfied with what i got which was around 300k

EDIT: having a giant fat byne to camp items especially those 5k UC helped me alot and was about 2/3 of my UC earned by pushing all the tiny bots away

I got 60 uc. SIXTY FRIGGIN UC
That was one of the worst waste of 40 mins...
Back to top Go down
koi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
koi

Female Posts : 388

PostSubject: Re: Failed Lumberjack Event   Failed Lumberjack Event EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 8:38 am

The event was not worth it.
I'd better run berz for chips and arcantus for cash this weekend.
Dunno why they spawned 500 and 1000 uc trees...

I barely managed to get 600k.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: Failed Lumberjack Event   Failed Lumberjack Event EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 8:51 am

Almost glad I had on-the-job training. From the way you guys make it, the lag was worse than how it was last time.
Back to top Go down
Jello
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Jello

PostSubject: Re: Failed Lumberjack Event   Failed Lumberjack Event EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 1:03 pm

NovaZero wrote:
Almost glad I had on-the-job training. From the way you guys make it, the lag was worse than how it was last time.

I for one did not experience this "lag" that everyone was talking about. I was in a constant 60fps graphics wise even with a shit ton of people on my screen. Lag because of the internet was non-existent to say the least and I was even torrenting a movie while the event was going on.

Only gripe I had was that there were hardly ever 5k trees, but instead 1ks. Then again I do remember Tempura saying, during OBT1, that the caliber of tree events aren't going to be the same as OBT1. It was no surprise with me.

Anyways, I grabbed myself 400k-ish UC from the event. Not a lot but it's good tuning up money.
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Failed Lumberjack Event   Failed Lumberjack Event EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 1:09 pm

I managed to actually get off work early and get in for half an hour... I made 10k. and almost ran out of time on one stage because the mod wasn't spawning anything in.

Very not cool. (but hey, I didn't miss it altogether!)

In better news, I spent it on a 5x Garapon 4 roll and finally got a Medi-Aide (and an Izuna)! I think it marked my two hundredth roll on Garapon 4 and my third and fourth time getting a robot from it. Never again, Garapon 4. Never again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Failed Lumberjack Event   Failed Lumberjack Event EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 6:11 pm

So am I like the only one here that didn't even get 1 k after this? I got 60uc, and that was from killing a wootree.
Back to top Go down
Abyll

Male Posts : 32

PostSubject: Re: Failed Lumberjack Event   Failed Lumberjack Event EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 6:44 pm

Consider yourself lucky to have made it out with that; I only got like 10 from a random wootree or something, but gave up before I could even make it to the next area.
Back to top Go down
Ryoma
Ryoma

Male Posts : 43

PostSubject: Re: Failed Lumberjack Event   Failed Lumberjack Event EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 11:27 pm

I did quite okay with the tree event.
got around 300k uc and 18 rainbow chips XD
personally i think Ivis was better then my x4 shot gun sturbunger standard, the ammo runs out way to quickly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Failed Lumberjack Event   Failed Lumberjack Event Empty

Back to top Go down

Failed Lumberjack Event
Page 1 of 1