Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Star Coins, you know em?

Go down 
+9
Kirika
Nymph~
Malphes
Mew
rei_hunter
NovaZero
Strykerr
Suki_Eve
Nerf
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Nerf
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nerf

Male Posts : 201

Star Coins, you know em? Empty
PostSubject: Star Coins, you know em?   Star Coins, you know em? EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 9:56 pm

They never updated the reward pool, I'm still seeing ancient weapons. Why not suggest them put 3 slot RT weapons in there or even accessories. Not extremely recent stuff, but stuff that's been around forever and shows up in daily/weekly. It would be nice if we could get AMJ/LGJs of rifle/beam/missile variants from that or stuff we want.

Also I've vaguely heard people mention "star coin gara"
Back to top Go down
Suki_Eve
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Suki_Eve

Female Posts : 1493

PostSubject: Re: Star Coins, you know em?   Star Coins, you know em? EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 10:09 pm

The only thing I ever buy with star coins is slot protectors.

They do need to update it, though. And I'd like dual laser bits to be moved into the normal UC shop. I'm not going to waste my star coins to buy only 10 dual laser bits. z.z

I'd like to see them lower the price of some of those weaps, too. 8 star coins for a viper shield? Not worth it.

Bucklers would be a nice addition to the star coin shop.
Back to top Go down
Nerf
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nerf

PostSubject: Re: Star Coins, you know em?   Star Coins, you know em? EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 10:21 pm

A lot of stuff needs to be revamped, fixed or changed. I think instead of complaining about garas and lag -- maybe it's time we focused on making demands on some overlooked things and easily changeable.

Star coins imho is probably one of the biggest things. They have so many items up for grabs but I'm much like you, I only use the star coins for a small pool of things.

Cart reset/slot protector/omega resets.

Rather than that, I'd prefer to spend my star coins in a fashion to get things I've wanted from previous garas in a simple pick and purchase. For example structure breakers been out forever, LBR, Handy zooks and mod variants.

I've wanted a 3s Boost run gun for a LONNNNGGG LONNNNGGG time, and I know there's people who would love a 3s pierce gun.

In a way, even if you get 'screwed' out of what you want in gara -- you could go to the star coin shop and buy exactly what you want and not feel so ripped off.
Back to top Go down
Strykerr
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Strykerr

Male Posts : 331

PostSubject: Re: Star Coins, you know em?   Star Coins, you know em? EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 10:39 pm

The problem with the Star Coin Shop is that majority of its items can be obtained through UC, making the incentive to charge RT for Star Coins pretty much worthless. The only good things from them are the Cart Resets and the slot protectors once the shop gets reset, but thats still only 2 protectors. I don't support the adding of weapons, but something along the lines of star coins can be used to purchase cubes or tickets to roll gara. I mean who wouldn't spend RT to get more chances at rolling gara. Basically something like for every 10 Star coins you get a x5 ticket or something like that.
The reason I say no weapons is because we don't want broken weapons to get in there and be spam bought, especially with 3 slots considering most gara's don't even have 3 slot weapons. 2 slot weapons of more unpopular weapons would be fine, but nothing like 3 slot zooks of any kind, 3s powered lasers, 3s gatlings, 3s pierce guns, 3s bucklers. We don't need anything like that.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: Star Coins, you know em?   Star Coins, you know em? EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 10:44 pm

Nerf wrote:
Also I've vaguely heard people mention "star coin gara"
Someone back then suggested a Star Coin Gara. Tempura and Miso liked the idea. Sadly, the devs didn't think the same way.
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: Star Coins, you know em?   Star Coins, you know em? EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 10:55 pm

The idea of Star Coins Gara is getting more of what you actually got, which is a Minus to Devs as it is.... hence why i think they didnt like it.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
Nerf
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nerf

PostSubject: Re: Star Coins, you know em?   Star Coins, you know em? EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 11:07 pm

Strykerr wrote:
The problem with the Star Coin Shop is that majority of its items can be obtained through UC, making the incentive to charge RT for Star Coins pretty much worthless. The only good things from them are the Cart Resets and the slot protectors once the shop gets reset, but thats still only 2 protectors. I don't support the adding of weapons, but something along the lines of star coins can be used to purchase cubes or tickets to roll gara. I mean who wouldn't spend RT to get more chances at rolling gara. Basically something like for every 10 Star coins you get a x5 ticket or something like that.
The reason I say no weapons is because we don't want broken weapons to get in there and be spam bought, especially with 3 slots considering most gara's don't even have 3 slot weapons. 2 slot weapons of more unpopular weapons would be fine, but nothing like 3 slot zooks of any kind, 3s powered lasers, 3s gatlings, 3s pierce guns, 3s bucklers. We don't need anything like that.

Well we need something, as you said those weapons are useless. Ok, so you roll gara for one more 5x... what then? Car crash and you rage, throw your headset at the monitor and walk away in frustration.

Alls I know is it needs to have those UC weapons removed and replaced with something at least non-trolly. People got mass caches of various high end gara weapons regardless. I get 3x tickets easily from IT cubes.. infact I have far more than I'd like and having bits in there isn't the brightest idea.

I still think weapons, accessories, and possibly robots (limited to silver robots only) would be the best thing -- or RO/WP cubes at certain levels... say basic ro cube for 5 star coins 15 for an event ro cube 40 for an RO cube that contains only the rarest top prize robos of past gara 50-100 coins would let you manually pick almost any bot you wanted that aren't in current garas. I mean... god 50-100 coins is a lot and would justify at least giving you what you wanted if you didnt get it.

Now wp cubes, idk how that one would work. I think with enough discussion and pitching ideas back and forth we can come to a conclusion and lay it out nicely exactly what we'd like to GMs/CS and hope that they'll listen.
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

Female Posts : 1540

PostSubject: Re: Star Coins, you know em?   Star Coins, you know em? EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 11:11 pm

Cap is 99 IIRC.

When I inherited Mew's acc it had 99 coins.

Spent 100 RT myself and, it didn't go up.
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: Star Coins, you know em?   Star Coins, you know em? EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 11:11 pm

Nerf wrote:
Well we need something, as you said those weapons are useless
i'm p sure that 3s musket is a tuning miracle waiting to happen
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: Star Coins, you know em?   Star Coins, you know em? EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 11:20 pm

Nerf wrote:
I still think weapons, accessories, and possibly robots (limited to silver robots only) would be the best thing
CBJP used to have a Gold Cannonballer and Gold Zero Saber up for 50 Star Coins each.

Not that they're special or anything, since Zero Saber is easily affordable and a Cannonballer with gold paint on it is still a Cannonballer.
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: Star Coins, you know em?   Star Coins, you know em? EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 1:49 am

^ i think I got gold zero saber from give away
@nerf, have you made a post on community ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Coins, you know em?   Star Coins, you know em? EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 2:30 am

Hell, just chuck in a garapon Ultra rare that has 2 slots in there for 200 star coins and grab an entire bucket full of popcorn.
Back to top Go down
Nerf
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nerf

PostSubject: Re: Star Coins, you know em?   Star Coins, you know em? EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 5:07 am

Already on commu -- someone posted this

Star Coins, you know em? Img.php?filename=tc_79966_1_1327462677

Goes over 99 now. I'd like a bit more than just gold robots to be honest, what about laser cannonballer instead? Still fixated on 3s RT weapons that are phased out as well as some silver ball robots. IE kagetama, Air raider(wont happen as they LOVE to spam it in daily/weekly... damn them) Etc
Back to top Go down
Kirika
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kirika

PostSubject: Re: Star Coins, you know em?   Star Coins, you know em? EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:24 am

I'd like to see most of the bits in the star coin go to UC =3= Star coins for rep bits? >_< All I buy with them are the cartridge resets.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Star Coins, you know em?   Star Coins, you know em? EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:40 am

Malphes wrote:
Nerf wrote:
Well we need something, as you said those weapons are useless
i'm p sure that 3s musket is a tuning miracle waiting to happen

3 slot handgun cutter and beamgun

not useless at all, considering how many star coins some people have and looking at pompons not always being an option (and handy mags with 3 slots being rare, mod variants of handy mag and beamgun being expensive >.>)
Back to top Go down
VeryMelon
Jikun Hu
Jikun Hu

Male Posts : 1147

PostSubject: Re: Star Coins, you know em?   Star Coins, you know em? EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 3:28 pm

Gold Zero Saber has 60 extra capacity.

Also
Star Coins, you know em? 29xvyat
Back to top Go down
R3MSpecter
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
R3MSpecter

Male Posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Star Coins, you know em?   Star Coins, you know em? EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 3:45 pm

Honestly, I really want to see some bots that can only be obtained from star coins.
Back to top Go down
Nerf
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nerf

PostSubject: Re: Star Coins, you know em?   Star Coins, you know em? EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 4:30 pm

It would be nice to also be able to spend those 'badges' you get from missions.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Star Coins, you know em?   Star Coins, you know em? EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 4:47 pm

you do need them for some dispatches now
Back to top Go down
Afterburner
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Afterburner

Male Posts : 250

PostSubject: Re: Star Coins, you know em?   Star Coins, you know em? EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 6:01 pm

Being able to pick slotted accessories (like Lala's cap or Katalina's glasses) in the star coin shop wouldn't be a bad idea too.
Back to top Go down
Suki_Eve
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Suki_Eve

Female Posts : 1493

PostSubject: Re: Star Coins, you know em?   Star Coins, you know em? EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 8:45 pm

Afterburner wrote:
Being able to pick slotted accessories (like Lala's cap or Katalina's glasses) in the star coin shop wouldn't be a bad idea too.

Yeah, I'd like this idea.

I'm always lacking in useful slotted accessories. x__x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Coins, you know em?   Star Coins, you know em? Empty

Back to top Go down

Star Coins, you know em?
Page 1 of 1