Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just got a Vanguard Lancer!

Go down 
+8
Malphes
ziix
UncleBobbie
Nymph~
Arti
TheFool_
Rinrin
ugonna100
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ugonna100

Just got a Vanguard Lancer! Empty
PostSubject: Just got a Vanguard Lancer!   Just got a Vanguard Lancer! EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 2:39 am

After doing MANY,MANY, OFFERS, I have FINALLY gotten the vanguard lancer i wanted!(YAY ME!)

Anyway i know everyone likes to say, Vanguards suck or lancer is terrible or worst out of all the vanguards

and i know that. But i also LOVE HIM WITH A PASSION, so it doesn't bother me much ^_^

So im a UC player honestly, except you know, for the massive offer spam i can do some times, I'm wondering how to tune this guy?

(also all he's got right now is default parts and an accel saber BS one slot that is tuned for high tec beta ^_^ )
I've searched for the other vanguard threads and most didn't reach a real conclusion, or they were based on RT tuning which im not sure i could do.

I am alright with farming as many materials as needed by the way. so even great tunes or EX tunes or whatever im alright with farming hard to get it.

IT'S ALL FOR LANCER! <3
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: Just got a Vanguard Lancer!   Just got a Vanguard Lancer! EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 2:51 am

ok.
good for u.
36 wlk.
bye.
Back to top Go down
TheFool_

PostSubject: Re: Just got a Vanguard Lancer!   Just got a Vanguard Lancer! EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 3:10 am

VL lover here cheers
not knowing what cartridge is suitable for him Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Arti
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Arti

Male Posts : 1204

PostSubject: Re: Just got a Vanguard Lancer!   Just got a Vanguard Lancer! EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 3:24 am

Replace that accel saber bs with one that doesn't have a tune that reduces str
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just got a Vanguard Lancer!   Just got a Vanguard Lancer! EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 3:32 am

I'm not sure how to build him though.

Spoiler:

- Great tunes are a huge no no
- EX tune up material take too long to farm for, so usually people just don't bother with EX tunes.
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: Just got a Vanguard Lancer!   Just got a Vanguard Lancer! EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 3:42 am

tonosoma lander bs if you planning (-) tec
25 cost, 15hp, -1 tec, 1 wlk, 2 fly, 1 tgh
S size, 2 free stat, 3 if you don't care about tec
Back to top Go down
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
UncleBobbie

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: Just got a Vanguard Lancer!   Just got a Vanguard Lancer! EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 4:37 am

Gladiator on VL? Why not Great Grappler? >:
Back to top Go down
ugonna100

PostSubject: Re: Just got a Vanguard Lancer!   Just got a Vanguard Lancer! EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 7:54 am

woops i meant to say the accel saber BS was tuned for high run beta lol

Okay um, how can i get a lazflamme legs with 2 slots? or is the only one with slots the one in the shop?

and i'll need to buy slot protectors and higher % cosmos for my build right? i only have one vanguard xD
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: Just got a Vanguard Lancer!   Just got a Vanguard Lancer! EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 8:14 am

Start tuning the AM and Lance first. They're locked parts, so if they fail, you can junk him and re-do the stats until you get what you want. This will save you from using too many slot protectors, but not from tune mats q-q

And yeah, 2s Laz LG is from RT Lazflamme in the shop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just got a Vanguard Lancer!   Just got a Vanguard Lancer! EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 8:22 am

UncleBobbie wrote:
Gladiator on VL? Why not Great Grappler? >:
The lance does the tracking and with gladiator tunes it will be hard to escape from it. Thus it creates a pseudo-stunlock effect.

I've been on the receiving of that lance with 3x High gladiator tunes, it ain't pretty.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: Just got a Vanguard Lancer!   Just got a Vanguard Lancer! EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 8:35 am

Wait wat.
LXE wrote:
a pseudo-stunlock effect.
I thought Gladiator tunes had no effect on intervals?
Or do speed and range improve stunlocking?

.__.
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: Just got a Vanguard Lancer!   Just got a Vanguard Lancer! EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 8:36 am

the speed and range help you keep up with them if that counts for anything

maybe being hit by the lance knocks you back, i dont know. i haven't seen a lancer in god knows how long
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just got a Vanguard Lancer!   Just got a Vanguard Lancer! EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 8:40 am

@Milfez - Ask Talarot. He'll show you his Vanguard Donger.

Wields a Dong longer than he is tall.
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: Just got a Vanguard Lancer!   Just got a Vanguard Lancer! EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 8:43 am

The only knock backs I've done as a lancer was when using the last attack. I don't see how increasing the range and increasing the speed at which you cover that range helps stunlocking though....

But yeah, that added range will kill people at gunning range...
Back to top Go down
R3MSpecter
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
R3MSpecter

Male Posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Just got a Vanguard Lancer!   Just got a Vanguard Lancer! EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 2:19 pm

I've seen and played with a few JP players who use him religiously, and, yeah, it seems like they use the gladiator a lot of the time. I've also seen them with Jikun LG's, I think they use them to close the gap or something; unfortunately, you can only get unlocked Jikun LG's from gara, so you might have a tough time with getting those. Sometimes it's kinda nice to have a ranged weapons, but I've seen all kinds of takes on this, but never really had a chance to gauge the effectiveness of any of them. I see a lot of people with Pterano HD, I guess the range and stun seem to help in enabling you to (once again) close the gap. I've also seen a few Lateral Laser LGJ's, never really looked into that and, honestly, I can't fathom the reason for that particular setup; it looks like hell and although I've never tailed a player with that setup, I can't imagine it's particularly effective. I've also seen one or two with Fizalivan HD's, seems like that might make an okay UC alternative, provided you don't wind up giving them burn status every time. The shield and forward boosting attack tend to give him an edge in approaching players. Actually, the shield seems to have a pretty good HP and TGH, because I only rarely get mine broken. Despite its reputation as the weakest one, I've been trying to get one myself. He takes real skill to use, and I love the one I have in JP.

Last edited by R3MSpecter on Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: Just got a Vanguard Lancer!   Just got a Vanguard Lancer! EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 2:28 pm

@High gladiator
No
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just got a Vanguard Lancer!   Just got a Vanguard Lancer! EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 4:31 pm

xzpwnz wrote:
@High gladiator
No
What tunes do you reccomend on the lance?
Back to top Go down
ugonna100

PostSubject: Re: Just got a Vanguard Lancer!   Just got a Vanguard Lancer! EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 5:18 pm

I'd like to know this too! ^_^

I love the input on the vanguard lancer Smile also you can buy jikun Hu and her legs are unlocked for UC in the shop i think ^_^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just got a Vanguard Lancer!   Just got a Vanguard Lancer! EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 11:37 pm

ugonna100 wrote:
you can buy jikun Hu and her legs are unlocked for UC in the shop i think ^_^
Jikun Hu's a guy.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Just got a Vanguard Lancer!   Just got a Vanguard Lancer! EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 11:44 pm

LXE wrote:
ugonna100 wrote:
Jikun Hu's a guy.

You can't tell by the legs.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Just got a Vanguard Lancer!   Just got a Vanguard Lancer! EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 11:51 pm

【Robot Name】
Scorpton

【Parts】
BD: Vanguard BD3
 : Sword Bit
 : LazFlamme LG [High Run Beta] [High Run Beta]
  : Tonosama Lander BS [High Run Beta] [High Run Beta]
 : Bugsycait HD2 [Tough] [High Power Alpha]
  : Black Layer Ribbon
  : Berry Earrings
 : Tonosama Lander BS [High Run Beta] [Tough] [High Power Beta]
 : Vanguard AM3 [High Run Beta] [High Run Beta] [High Power Alpha]
  : Two-handed Lance [Grappler] [Grappler] [Grappler]

【Config Check】
COST: OK
BS: OK
LG: OK

【Stats】
TYPE: 陸
SIZE: M
COST: 1085
CAPA: 1085
HP: 405
STR: 35
TEC: -11
WLK: 36
FLY: 2
TGH: 16

LEVEL: 10

【Cartridges】
Capacity +60×5
Enhance internal weapon×2
Stun Regain
Short Boost
Broad Radar

【必要素材】
Hidora Cosmos×2
Fudara Cosmos×10
Blue Chip×60
Green Chip×40
Power Amp×23
Engine Shaft×35
Brake Damper×10
Shock Graphite×17
Snail Liquid×21

I'd do something similar to this.

Ofcourse Bugsycait HD2 is not a common part, replace with whatever you have thats as close to it as possible. Sacrifice Str if you're unable to hit the same stats with a different HD. Build Arm HD will be able to get the same stats , but you'll need a slotted Black Layer Ribbon or Berry Ear Ring.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just got a Vanguard Lancer!   Just got a Vanguard Lancer! EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 11:53 pm

Nice Build Trill. #em1
Back to top Go down
ugonna100

PostSubject: Re: Just got a Vanguard Lancer!   Just got a Vanguard Lancer! EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 1:33 am

LXE wrote:
ugonna100 wrote:
Jikun Hu's a guy.

yea sorry Sad i accidentally had said Jikun long at first, i edited it to be Jikun Hu.

I like the build! ^_^ i was wondering whether ican use a 3 slot tonosama lander since i have no slotted ribbons or Bugsy
Back to top Go down
TheFool_

PostSubject: Re: Just got a Vanguard Lancer!   Just got a Vanguard Lancer! EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:21 pm

what if TEC below 0?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just got a Vanguard Lancer!   Just got a Vanguard Lancer! EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:23 pm

TheFool_ wrote:
what if TEC below 0?
You don't really need the wonderbit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just got a Vanguard Lancer!   Just got a Vanguard Lancer! Empty

Back to top Go down

Just got a Vanguard Lancer!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next