Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shino Exroad help?

Go down 
+4
blead
xzpwnz
reVelske
bubiche
8 posters
AuthorMessage
bubiche
bubiche

Shino Exroad help? Empty
PostSubject: Shino Exroad help?   Shino Exroad help? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 5:31 am

I just got shino exroad (BD5) from cube and been asking for how to use her in game. People told me she's good and use her as a gunner with gatling. I'm kind of a dummy in this game so i still don't get the whole idea of how to play her. Does that mean I'll have to get short boost, quick land like a hopper, tune for WLK and slaps a gatling gun on her? What to use on the other AM and should I replace any of her parts (the LG looks fat)? Does she need more TGH?
BTW, i think I can afford some not-so-rare RT stuff so you don't need to make me an UC only build ^^
Thank you
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

Shino Exroad help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shino Exroad help?   Shino Exroad help? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 5:37 am

AM: Lancelot AM2 (K-Shield), Raystag AM, Accel Saber AM
BS: Accel Saber BS, Shino BS
LG: Thoarla LG, Hound LG
WLK: ideally 28-36 WLK, the higher the better
TGH: Ideally 12-16 TGH
Weapons: 8vulcan, Double Gatling, Huge Gatling, LL Bulk Mag.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

Shino Exroad help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shino Exroad help?   Shino Exroad help? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 5:41 am

Katana max legs
Back to top Go down
bubiche
bubiche

Shino Exroad help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shino Exroad help?   Shino Exroad help? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 5:46 am

Thank you guys. But am I right about the Carts and is she a good bot or just a good looking moe bot?
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Shino Exroad help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shino Exroad help?   Shino Exroad help? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 5:54 am

One of the very few viable L-size LND hopping gunner, Cyclote got amazing amount of cap to play with but ridiculous cost and size, Hound Dog has nice low cost, quick jump and decent size but very little capacity to utilize, Shino, on the other hand, sits just in between the two at a nice spot.

Cart-wise, yeah, definitely short boost and quick land, Stun Regain is also somewhat compulsory for survivability, as well all the cap+ carts. Last cart is up to you, tough runner vs guards vs boost run, pick whichever that suites your playstyle, though I'd personally avoid boost run and stick with tough runner.
Back to top Go down
bubiche
bubiche

Shino Exroad help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shino Exroad help?   Shino Exroad help? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 6:24 am

Thanks in advance. Do you have any "example build" ? I managed to put this build together but it seems bad :<
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Shino Exroad help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shino Exroad help?   Shino Exroad help? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 6:33 am

Busta Gatling isn't ideal, do you not have any of the other weapons I've listed?
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

Shino Exroad help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shino Exroad help?   Shino Exroad help? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 6:35 am

Spoiler:
And tune some wlk
But yeah, buster gatling is horrible
Back to top Go down
bubiche
bubiche

Shino Exroad help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shino Exroad help?   Shino Exroad help? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 8:11 am

Okay so I'll try to get the weapons reVelske said. Should I tune Force for them too? And stopping at level 8 is good enough? I thought the higher level is the better :-?
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

Male Posts : 2370

Shino Exroad help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shino Exroad help?   Shino Exroad help? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 9:46 am

It depends, if you have enough carts then stop.
If you need more carts, especially the lv9+ carts, go for it.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Shino Exroad help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shino Exroad help?   Shino Exroad help? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 1:42 pm

Unless you are purposely trying to keep cost low for whatever reason, don't stop before max level.

And different weapons require different tunes, and different tunes work well with different people, it's up to you to test and feel what you would like to improve on a specific weapon. Gatling/Vulcan weapons should generally have at least a single Force tune due to value for cost, otherwise, speed/range/ammo can all be of great importance depending on the player, japs like range, others like speed for better accuracy/more hits, some find range/speed to be fine and would prefer more ammo for better longevity.

So just play around and decide for yourself.
Back to top Go down
bubiche
bubiche

Shino Exroad help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shino Exroad help?   Shino Exroad help? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 11:20 am

Okay I get it now. Thanks ^^
Oh and I just got a DX Winberl and heard that she can be used as a hopper. So how does she perform compared to shino?
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Shino Exroad help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shino Exroad help?   Shino Exroad help? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 11:58 am

Eh, well, it's really a matter of how you define hopper. I personally view "hopper" as builds that revolve around using short boost + quick land as the core survival tool to aid you in maximizing your damage potential, in that sense, only land units can really qualify as hopper to me, them and wlk-based core-only muchi perhaps. Being able to hop does not necessarily make something a hopper, and having short boost alone doesn't really mean you can hop. But again, that's just my personal take on these terms.

DX does not have quick land, which really restricts its hopping potential. Unlike Land hoppers, who relies heavily on hopping for survival and to maneuver through crowds, most Arts (with the exception of Muchi IMHO) should simply use hop as an emergency evasion, evasion during zoning/kiting (only real shared purpose for hop between Art and Land), a quick lift-off for fly based arts and a temporary elevation to provide you the opportunity for a clear shot. This is exactly what hop is for when it comes to DX and it's pretty difficult to compare her to Shino due to the difference in playstyle. You can certainly consider them both "hopper" if you wish, but they really have very little in common, the concept of hopping is a lot more complex than what people give it credits for.
Back to top Go down
bubiche
bubiche

Shino Exroad help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shino Exroad help?   Shino Exroad help? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 12:12 pm

Oh so I should call DX bots with short boost "jumping arts" then Very Happy
And one more thing, how does Shino Exroad do compared to a S-size Land hopper (I have a Shadow Master) and can I use her LG for any purpose? I kinda like its look :"3
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Shino Exroad help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shino Exroad help?   Shino Exroad help? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 12:36 pm

Shino LG is kinda bad, I used to have that on my squealer puncher back in my derp days, it was entertaining if nothing else, but eh yeah, not something to shove on any serious build.

L and M-size land can equip K-Shield, S-size Land can't, that's about the main difference really, which results in M/L having significantly better durability against large crowds whilst S-size can easily be squished under the sheer number of crap thrown at it if it's not careful with where it throws itself into, plus most M/L size hoppers come with very good amount of capacity for you to maximize your stats with (with the exception of Hound Dog and Fiz maybe) whilst this being a little more difficult to achieve on S-size. Though with the matter of K-shield, now that Force Barrier LGJ is available in Shop, their durability difference has been reduced somewhat, sure, L-size lnd will still sit around 500+ HP, M-size sit around 400 and S-size sit around mid 200-400 (with the exception of a certain pawnger build, but that's a special case), and the L/M has the capacity advantage and being able to easily add Clearance onto their legs without killing their stats too much, but that's about it really.

Oh and on the subject of DX, i honestly have no idea what you can possibly do with her, her capacity is kinda pathetic for most ideal M-size art weapons, Middle Baz is pretty much the only thing you can really do something amazing with.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

Shino Exroad help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shino Exroad help?   Shino Exroad help? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 2:50 pm

reVelske wrote:
Oh and on the subject of DX, i honestly have no idea what you can possibly do with her, her capacity is kinda pathetic for most ideal M-size art weapons, Middle Baz is pretty much the only thing you can really do something amazing with.

dx zooks or cruel railgun go well with the cores hypershot ability
Back to top Go down
Ascaloth

Shino Exroad help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shino Exroad help?   Shino Exroad help? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 3:03 pm

Oh, I had a Buster Gatling on my Shino, was planning to make her a hopper with that. Not a good choice though? What IS Buster Gatling good for?
Back to top Go down
bippusuta
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
bippusuta

Male Posts : 163

Shino Exroad help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shino Exroad help?   Shino Exroad help? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 3:24 pm

Nothing. Especially if you are talking about the 1s shop version.
Back to top Go down
Str8witchin
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Str8witchin

Male Posts : 141

Shino Exroad help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shino Exroad help?   Shino Exroad help? EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 6:41 am

>What IS Buster Gatling good for?

Making your teammate's shots do next to no damage while you also are doing no damage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shino Exroad help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shino Exroad help?   Shino Exroad help? Empty

Back to top Go down

Shino Exroad help?
Page 1 of 1