Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NDAA - Oh jeez...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Suki_Eve
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Suki_Eve

Female Posts : 1493

NDAA - Oh jeez... Empty
PostSubject: NDAA - Oh jeez...   NDAA - Oh jeez... EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 5:29 pm

So apparently our lovely leader passed this law.

"The National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for Fiscal Year 2012 is a law in the United States that was signed by President Barack Obama on December 31, 2011. Although the White House and Senate sponsors maintain that the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Terrorists (AUMF) already grants presidential authority for indefinite detention, the Act legislatively codifies the President's authority to indefinitely detain terrorism suspects without trial as defined in Title X, Subtitle D, SEC 1021(a-e) of the law. Because those who may be held indefinitely include U.S. citizens arrested on American soil, and because that detention may be by the military, the Act has received critical attention by the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) and media sources." - Wikipedia. Found here.

Not only does this violate a few rights, I'm wondering if it could go against the U.N. or NATO. There are a bunch of articles vrooming around now about this, but none of them mention if they do.

Signal to the end of the world/end of the United States? Oh yes.

Other handy link: Examiner.com
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

Female Posts : 1540

NDAA - Oh jeez... Empty
PostSubject: Re: NDAA - Oh jeez...   NDAA - Oh jeez... EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 5:36 pm

Well...it does violate our freedom of speech. And, it also in a way restricts our freedom as an individual.

I'm not sure why but, I find this similar to the Sedition Act of 1918. In which you were thrown into jail for starting a rebellion via saying anything harmful or seditious (terrorism?).

Of course I'm usually bad at comparing stuff together in real life so...Meh.
Back to top Go down

NDAA - Oh jeez...
Page 1 of 1