Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A "Pseudo Art" Air Unit?

Go down 
+4
necrio
Aurum_Sol
Arti
Akhenderson
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

Male Posts : 864

A "Pseudo Art" Air Unit? Empty
PostSubject: A "Pseudo Art" Air Unit?   A "Pseudo Art" Air Unit? EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 6:26 pm

As a player who keeps playing lnd and sup units, I feel it's a change of pace for me to take to the skies. Problem is, I want to derive from the original AIR unit as I keep getting myself shot down by ART stuff. (Mostly from Mialy and such because those railguns hurt...)

I really have no decent AIR options, but 2 that have been with me for quite a while, only for questing. Shaden and his "KAI" version. Instead of adopting a PS breaker set or "rush and spam homing weapons" set, I tried making a more defensive set, focusing primarily on giving pain to LND units that try and murder everyone.

The two options are very similar but I want opinions on which one would be better to use.

The Shaden set using the Mega Lightning Gun
Code:
【Robot Name】
Shaden

【Parts】
BD: Shaden BD
 : Propeller Bit
 : Thoarla LG [High Boost Alpha] [High Boost Alpha]
  : Thoarla BS [High Tech Alpha] [High Tech Alpha]
 : Gigantinger HD
  : Eve Hair Ornament
  : Intelli Blue [High Tech Alpha]
 : Tengu BS [High Boost Alpha] [High Boost Alpha] [High Boost Alpha]
 : Accel Saber AM [High Tech Alpha] [High Tech Alpha] [High Tech Alpha]
  : Mega Lightning Gun [Great Rapid Beta] [High Air Force]
 : Shaden AM3 [High Tech Alpha] [High Tech Alpha] [High Tech Alpha]
  : Viper Shield

【Config Check】
COST: OK
BS: OK
LG: OK

【Stats】
TYPE: 空
SIZE: L
COST: 1380
CAPA: 1380
HP: 486
STR: 5
TEC: 39
WLK: 7
FLY: 38
TGH: 12

LEVEL: 9

【Cartridges】
Capacity +60×6
Float Dash
Beam Guard
Broad Radar

【必要素材】
Fudara Cosmos×14
Threede Cosmos×1
Fourda Cosmos×1
Red Chip×90
Yellow Chip×50
Green Chip×20
Rainbow Chip×11
Stabilizer×81
Turbo Charger×45
Rapid Crystal×50
Drum Magazine×56
Guide Circuit×63
Heat Ash×38

Shaden KAI set using Stardust Cannon
Code:
【Robot Name】
Shaden

【Parts】
BD: Shaden BD2
  : Thoarla BS [High Tech Alpha] [High Tech Alpha]
 : Mach Knight HD2
  : Monocle [High Boost Alpha]
  : Stardust Cannon [Great Rapid Beta] [Great Rapid Beta]

【Config Check】

【Stats】
COST: 1355
HP: 486
STR: 4
TEC: 40
WLK: 2
TGH: 11

LEVEL: 10

【Cartridges】
Capacity +60×6
Beam Guard
Float Dash
Quick Boost
Broad Radar

【必要素材】
Fudara Cosmos×14
Threede Cosmos×2
Red Chip×80
Yellow Chip×60
Green Chip×40
Stabilizer×72
Turbo Charger×54
Rapid Crystal×34
Drum Magazine×42
Guide Circuit×56
Heat Ash×30

The strategy here is basically instead of rushing towards the enemy units, I let the enemies come to the side of the field, acting as a pseudo art with more damage vs. lnd instead of air.

The use of propeller bits are mostly for use to stay in the air so lnds can't really touch me. The tec stats are optimized so that they get the most damage output for their weapon type and fly is maxed out to their breakpoint. The tgh I think has a break point at 11?
Broad Radar is there mostly so I can see if a lnd unit is going to start an ambush or so I can just retreat if I see too many units coming after me since 11 tgh is probably not gonna be fun to run(fly) away from things. It's mostly there just so I can move preemptively.

And also, I do have all these parts and weapons besides the Thoarla parts. (I might just get her from the store if I ever charge rt in the near future.)

Please give me some feedback and useful tips, as well as edits to the bots themselves.

Last edited by Akhenderson on Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Less Confusing Title)
Back to top Go down
Arti
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Arti

Male Posts : 1204

PostSubject: Re: A "Pseudo Art" Air Unit?   A "Pseudo Art" Air Unit? EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 5:12 am

Stats on the SDC one are better and it has more free capa (maybe add an airdash cart?)

Plus unlike regular Shaden I know for a fact you have Shaden Kai
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

PostSubject: Re: A "Pseudo Art" Air Unit?   A "Pseudo Art" Air Unit? EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 7:27 am

Arti wrote:
Stats on the SDC one are better and it has more free capa (maybe add an airdash cart?)

Plus unlike regular Shaden I know for a fact you have Shaden Kai
I actually have both lol. I managed to get a Shaden from the 2nd perfect attendance campaign.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: A "Pseudo Art" Air Unit?   A "Pseudo Art" Air Unit? EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 7:43 am

if you have one, a beamgattling is good for this type of gameplay too
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

PostSubject: Re: A "Pseudo Art" Air Unit?   A "Pseudo Art" Air Unit? EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 8:09 am

Nah, I don't have a beam gatling so I'm limited in my options in terms of weapons.
The stardust cannon was already tuned so I already have that as an option to use and the Mega Lightning Gun I got from x1 rolling summoners and trying my luck seemed really nice as I was able to hit a whopping 70 damage without tuning the thing. (Might have been a little fluke, don't know).

Also, I realized i was able to scrape off 10CP by replacing thoarla BS with a big mountaiz BS. For a sacrifice, I get 1 TEC, -1 TGH and WLK but that tough on the top was already compensated by the first option, the second option I had to replace the accessory into intelli green.

Code:
【Robot Name】
Shaden

【Parts】
BD: Shaden BD
  : Big Mountaiz BS [High Tech Alpha] [High Tech Alpha]
 : Gigantinger HD
  : Intelli Blue [High Tech Alpha]
  : Mega Lightning Gun [Great Rapid Beta] [High Air Force]

【Config Check】

【Stats】
COST: 1370
HP: 481
STR: 5
WLK: 6

LEVEL: 9

【Cartridges】
Capacity +60×6
Beam Guard
Float Dash
Broad Radar

【必要素材】
Fudara Cosmos×14
Threede Cosmos×1
Fourda Cosmos×1
Red Chip×90
Yellow Chip×50
Green Chip×20
Rainbow Chip×11
Stabilizer×81
Turbo Charger×45
Rapid Crystal×50
Drum Magazine×56
Guide Circuit×63
Heat Ash×38

Code:

【Robot Name】
Shaden

【Parts】
BD: Shaden BD2
  : Big Mountaiz BS [High Tech Alpha] [High Tech Alpha]
 : Mach Knight HD2
  : Intelli Green [High Boost Alpha]
  : Stardust Cannon [Great Rapid Beta] [Great Rapid Beta]

【Config Check】

【Stats】
COST: 1345
HP: 481
STR: 4
WLK: 1

LEVEL: 10

【Cartridges】
Capacity +60×6
Beam Guard
Float Dash
Quick Boost
Broad Radar

【必要素材】
Fudara Cosmos×14
Threede Cosmos×2
Red Chip×80
Yellow Chip×60
Green Chip×40
Stabilizer×72
Turbo Charger×54
Rapid Crystal×34
Drum Magazine×42
Guide Circuit×56
Heat Ash×30

Although I don't know how good 10 extra capacity will help me in the long run... Considering I'm done with the tunes to deal the optimal damage and have the maximum speed bonus.
The mobility cart on the stardust set seems more useful as I can take the task of attacking as well as defending because I'm able to dash out in time with Accel Roll. So it might be a viable option.
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: A "Pseudo Art" Air Unit?   A "Pseudo Art" Air Unit? EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 9:58 am

I have both SDC and Beam Gatling. I'd say for pseudo-artillery beam gatling works better, while SDC is more suited for bombing enemy positions.
Back to top Go down
Reversal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Reversal

Male Posts : 245

PostSubject: Re: A "Pseudo Art" Air Unit?   A "Pseudo Art" Air Unit? EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 10:51 am

When I first saw the title I thought you were going to make an air unit with maxed TGH.
And then I thought, the only non TGH dependent candidate would be Shaden.
I think it would be less confusing if you just called it "Air Artillery"
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

PostSubject: Re: A "Pseudo Art" Air Unit?   A "Pseudo Art" Air Unit? EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 11:47 am

Reversal wrote:
When I first saw the title I thought you were going to make an air unit with maxed TGH.
And then I thought, the only non TGH dependent candidate would be Shaden.
I think it would be less confusing if you just called it "Air Artillery"
sorry, my bad.
Anyways, I'm leaning a bit toward the mega lightning gun as a way of staying in the back lines because I've seen it obliterate lnd units and make them dead or make them retreat. the charge ability of it allows me to conserve ammo and with broad radar, I time it so I can be ready for the next lnd that comes along. Although I might need to tune it for speed to be more effective.
The bullet size and it's ability to go through shields is also a godsend.
The problem is that if I use it, there goes some of my spare capacity for... HP tunes?

Beam gatling I don't have and I dont plan on rolling robo gara anytime soon to try and get it. The thing looks nice and I've seen a thread on it but I don't really know what to tune on it, and even then, it's very expensive and I can't fit it in my bot without taking out a couple tunes.

Stardust cannon also feels nice and is highly spammable and it explodes when it hits the ground so it's nice even if I whiff the bullet. The negative stats are a bit disheartening though, but with the extra capacity, I can stick a mobility cart and even have some free health tunes out of the deal as well. Although the spammable part kind of makes me in need for more ammo which should really go to the front lines.

I'm using the shaden sets without tune ups and a lot of ambushes have been thwarted. (Although hilariously, most of the matched I've played in, the team lost. har har.)
Back to top Go down
donggyu
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: A "Pseudo Art" Air Unit?   A "Pseudo Art" Air Unit? EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 1:27 pm

Yes I'm doing the same thing as you right now with the SDC and shooting down all the barons, ailas, oukas, vanguards, etc. However you can't hang back all the time and should go on the offensive.
Some things you should think about:

1. If you are going to play defense as you say, do you really need 40 fly?
2. Do you really need all that tec? You should get at least 16 tgh before you tune tec.
3. If you are going to use beam gatling you need hax aiming to do well...(or a fat baron to shoot at) so will you be able to use it if you get it?

EDIT: I have both beam gatling and SDC as well. SDC I think is better. It's hard to miss with that big ball of plasma after great rapid
tunes, and if it is a land unit you'll definitely do 50+damage on the first hit.
Back to top Go down
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

Male Posts : 268

PostSubject: Re: A "Pseudo Art" Air Unit?   A "Pseudo Art" Air Unit? EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 2:54 pm

Mega Lightning Gun>Thoarla AM3? I have a tuned AM3 that can shoot all the way to the other side's ART camp without being in their main wep range, does nice dmg too. It's not the fastest weapon, but if they can't see you it's easier to lead them. Usually hits 40+ per bullet. Costs 180 with tunes though...
Back to top Go down
Reversal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Reversal

Male Posts : 245

PostSubject: Re: A "Pseudo Art" Air Unit?   A "Pseudo Art" Air Unit? EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 9:08 am

Iseal wrote:
Mega Lightning Gun>Thoarla AM3? I have a tuned AM3 that can shoot all the way to the other side's ART camp without being in their main wep range, does nice dmg too. It's not the fastest weapon, but if they can't see you it's easier to lead them. Usually hits 40+ per bullet. Costs 180 with tunes though...
I don't have a Mega Lightning Gun, but I know that Thoarla AM3 is literally a two shot railgun if tuned properly. Which is an ideal option on a "Pseudo Art" Air. It's completely possible to solo a PS just by spamming AM3.
However, it is more suitable for an Air that has low fly, because it is sometimes hard to aim at enemies when you're flying so fast. I must purge my Shaden every time in order to use well.
Back to top Go down
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

PostSubject: Re: A "Pseudo Art" Air Unit?   A "Pseudo Art" Air Unit? EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 4:17 pm

Thoarla AM3 is a lightning gun with awesome range/speed stats. I mainly use it to shoot KShielded stuff and mess with fat ARTs trying to snipe. It's actually possible to make it pass all Railgun ranges when tuned (don't think there's a 3 slot Railgun yet and who tunes Linear for range?). If you have high FLY stat, you can hit left->right->left->right... while in midair to stay in the same area while keeping the "strafing" firing pattern. I have 35-ish FLY on my AM3 turret and it works just fine if you don't shoot high speed stuff at max (tuned) range. An alternative is to tune it for Rapid instead of Range. You have to watch out for Railgun weapons, but you tear apart anything within shooting distance. Watch out for the ammo running low and carry another weapon for Air-to-Air combat if you tune for Range. Royal pain to hit anything flying level with you.

AM3 is awesome vs Hatemachine too. 50-ish dmg shield-piercing shots with mostly splash dmg AND decent flinch rate against the thing. Hypershot turns it into a GTFO button vs all LNDs on your side.

Does anyone have experience with a Paralyze tuned AM3? I'd like to know if it could reasonably be used to spin-troll ARTs on the other side of the map.
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: A "Pseudo Art" Air Unit?   A "Pseudo Art" Air Unit? EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 5:03 pm

thoarla am3 > mega lightning gun
because that fucking mlg is so fat it blocks the screen for me.
cant see where im shooting.
Back to top Go down
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

PostSubject: Re: A "Pseudo Art" Air Unit?   A "Pseudo Art" Air Unit? EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 5:06 pm

Those "Mega" guns are such a pain to dodge. It's not like they're too FAST to dodge, they're too FAT to dodge! *Sees gun AM lift* "Oh, ok, I'll just cut booster/RT move cart and-" *GIGANTIC BLUE BLOB* "SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-" *Asplodes*.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A "Pseudo Art" Air Unit?   A "Pseudo Art" Air Unit? Empty

Back to top Go down

A "Pseudo Art" Air Unit?
Page 1 of 1