Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Little Idea - Which Unions?

Go down 
+15
Asagi-san
spiketrigger
Malphes
falcon1
Astral_Dono
Neftie
FireKiller87
Reversal
FenixStryk
Lyndon
Trill
Arti
resireth
frizky
Suki_Eve
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Suki_Eve
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Suki_Eve

Female Posts : 1493

A Little Idea - Which Unions? Empty
PostSubject: A Little Idea - Which Unions?   A Little Idea - Which Unions? EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 10:20 pm

So lately I've been seriously toying around with the idea of making a completely CosmicBreak moebot Visual Novel.

As a result of this, I figured that the easiest way to fit in all the moebots would be to divide some of them into Unions, like we have on CosmicBreak. What I mean by this is that when you load a new game, you would select a Union.

The paths that you aim for would be set by whichever Union you chose. The majority of the moebots will be divided into three categories, and the only way you can access that storypath is if you select the proper Union. There will, of course, be some exceptions to this.

So my main problem with this is how others see the moebot's personalities/playstyles in respect to their union.

A Little Idea - Which Unions? UnionsPic

The chart above is what I've currently come up with. Do these Unions fit those robots? Have I missed any? Comments? Questions? Concerns?

And yes, I have actually started thinking about stories regarding each and every character. Currently I've started working on Crimrose, Lily Rain, LazFlamme, Ouka, Pepo Pucci & Nemlin, and Misty Hollow's routes. They are all incomplete - but they will have themes for each route, and hopefully each ave their own unique storylines that can tie into other character's storylines.

I would also like to know if there are any characters/routes that should be combined. I combined Pepo Pucci & Nemlin's routes because I thought it would be interesting, considering their current affiliation with one another. And also to fill that route with a bunch of Nemlin stalking her love Pepo. Razz

Anywho, discuss.
Back to top Go down
frizky
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
frizky

PostSubject: Re: A Little Idea - Which Unions?   A Little Idea - Which Unions? EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 10:46 pm

>wiz
>AG
>mialy
>rouche
wiz is going to be more overpopulated like mother of god Laughing
Back to top Go down
resireth
Master Poster
Master Poster
resireth

Male Posts : 2129

PostSubject: Re: A Little Idea - Which Unions?   A Little Idea - Which Unions? EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 10:51 pm

I always thought that Frau would usually be with Victor and that they don't belong to any Union...since they are more or less flying mercenaries.
Back to top Go down
Suki_Eve
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Suki_Eve

PostSubject: Re: A Little Idea - Which Unions?   A Little Idea - Which Unions? EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 10:57 pm

Mialy and Rouche are inventors, WIZ seemed ideal for them/their routes.

I had no idea where to put AG. <_<

Suggestions on where I could put her?

This is how I generally think of how the Union's Arks traits were based on:

WIZ - Intelligent union of tactics, information, and adaptation.

DOS - Fearsome union of strength, growth, and devotion.

BRD - Brave union of friendship, righteousness, and loyalty.

As for Frau...I really don't know much about her and Victor.
Back to top Go down
Arti
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Arti

Male Posts : 1204

PostSubject: Re: A Little Idea - Which Unions?   A Little Idea - Which Unions? EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 10:58 pm

If WIZ = strategy, BRD = bravery and DOS = strength

WIZ:
Add Pepo&Nemlim, Koko
Transfer Renny&Patty from BRD, pair like Pepo&Nemlim
Pair Winberrl&Ion

BRD:
Transfer Crim and Ivis from DOS, pair them like Pepo&Nemlim
Add Fia&Aila and Lala&Katalina, paired like Pepo&Nemlim
Pair Elisa&Melfi

DOS:
Transfer Laz and Adone from BRD
Add Jikun Hu
Add Victor, pair with Adone

ALL UNIONS:
CS-chan
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: A Little Idea - Which Unions?   A Little Idea - Which Unions? EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 11:01 pm

Spoiler:

I made a list of my own, although I'm not sure I got everyone. I'm not saying your list is wrong, or that mine is right, however.

I do like the overall concept, but getting art to do all of this would be somewhat problematic, unless you plan to use art CS has released instead.
Back to top Go down
Lyndon
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Lyndon

Male Posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: A Little Idea - Which Unions?   A Little Idea - Which Unions? EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 11:01 pm

I had an idea similar to yours except every two weeks or month each the battle points would become goals and u have to make it within a week and the first one there gets there union beast for them but u have to be during the goal period for at least 3 day and be in 2-5 battles but any way that week and can use it arena and second would get maybe a ......? and 3 third place would get a normal reward when cp is usually on
Back to top Go down
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

Male Posts : 382

PostSubject: Re: A Little Idea - Which Unions?   A Little Idea - Which Unions? EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 11:14 pm

I've thought about this very carefully for some time now and am pretty convinced on the best way to even it out:

First of all, I'd cut off all of the new generation moes. Anything after Nicole wouldn't be in the show until Season 2.

Story centers around Crimrose and Ivis. Naturally, Ivis would still be Chaos-corrupted as she is the antagonist, and Crimrose would be BRD since that's the generic hero union. Lily Rain would be in the same union as Crimrose. The other two members of the party (Laz and Winbell) would be from WIZ and DOS respectively to introduce the concept of unions.

Shown in the following scenes:
Thoarla, Shino and the Fangirls would be BRD.
Izuna, Ouka and Misty Hollow would be WIZ.
Both Jikuns, Maril, Tesla and Nicole (post-Chaos redemption) would be DOS.

Note that union placement feeds off of personality type: BRD has all of the brave and oblivious heroes, WIZ has all of the cold, calculating personalities and DOS holds all of the perverted, power-hungry types.

A few of them are ambiguous and would depend a lot on how you develop their personalities, so I didn't bother to list them. Really, you could write the show with just the ones I listed.
Back to top Go down
Reversal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Reversal

Male Posts : 245

PostSubject: Re: A Little Idea - Which Unions?   A Little Idea - Which Unions? EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 11:29 pm

Despite being BRD, I don't own a single bot in your list.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: A Little Idea - Which Unions?   A Little Idea - Which Unions? EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 11:30 pm

FenixStryk wrote:
I've thought about this very carefully for some time now and am pretty convinced on the best way to even it out:

First of all, I'd cut off all of the new generation moes. Anything after Nicole wouldn't be in the show until Season 2.

Story centers around Crimrose and Ivis. Naturally, Ivis would still be Chaos-corrupted as she is the antagonist, and Crimrose would be BRD since that's the generic hero union. Lily Rain would be in the same union as Crimrose. The other two members of the party (Laz and Winbell) would be from WIZ and DOS respectively to introduce the concept of unions.

Shown in the following scenes:
Thoarla, Shino and the Fangirls would be BRD.
Izuna, Ouka and Misty Hollow would be WIZ.
Both Jikuns, Maril, Tesla and Nicole (post-Chaos redemption) would be DOS.

Note that union placement feeds off of personality type: BRD has all of the brave and oblivious heroes, WIZ has all of the cold, calculating personalities and DOS holds all of the perverted, power-hungry types.

A few of them are ambiguous and would depend a lot on how you develop their personalities, so I didn't bother to list them. Really, you could write the show with just the ones I listed.

I like this idea better, tbh.

The epic duel between two moes who love each other. Fun fun fun.
Back to top Go down
Suki_Eve
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Suki_Eve

PostSubject: Re: A Little Idea - Which Unions?   A Little Idea - Which Unions? EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 11:42 pm

Trill wrote:

I made a list of my own, although I'm not sure I got everyone. I'm not saying your list is wrong, or that mine is right, however.

I do like the overall concept, but getting art to do all of this would be somewhat problematic, unless you plan to use art CS has released instead.

Yeah, the art bit will be a bit problematic. I can do decent-ish art, but not on the level of a VN's. I've been searching around for CS-released artwork even before this, just to get a good idea on the personalities and such. The whole reason I'm asking for help on this is because there's info I don't know/don't understand how others view these characters. So, ideas on how else I could arrange this is much appreciated.

Currently I only have thoughts on doing the female moes (since the protag will be male) but adding male routes does sound a bit lulzy. Especially if I want to add bad ends. xD

I do think I will make Frau be uncategorized, because I didn't remember her erhm..."profession." I vaguely understood that she was a business person, but I didn't realize her true profession was a negotiator/ect..

Lala Ricote and Katalina will be uncategorized as well, since Lala is a singer and travels the universe there really isn't a reason for her to pick a Union. I've also thought of Lala's route branching out into Katalina's route (maybe) if you finish Lala's story and do her route again. I'm not sure how I'll have a duo route with those two.

My idea for Pepo Pucci & Nemlin is like...Pepo is a thief, traveling the universe like Lala. But I do think she would benefit from joining a Union, if only to make her story seem more realistic. Pepo/Nemlin would be opposite of Laz/Ouka's union (or maybe just not in BRD). Pepo is a thief, so it wouldn't really make sense for her to be in a Union like BRD.

I'm not sure about Winberyl. Her build focuses on traps/healing/stun, implying that she'd need intelligence for her build. But I also understand that if she is the leader of a rebel force, she'd need bravery. Combining the Ion/Winberyl route would be interesting, but I don't know how to pull it off...yet.

I figure that Nicole Malice can't be in the same Union as Misty, because she sees Misty as her rival/hero and seems quite tsundere. Since she's a Jammer, I feel that she'll fit best in WIZ, but I might switch her to DOS and put Misty in WIZ.

I do think the idea of MBG's "punch first, ask later" is fitting, so I'm probably going to change her to DOS.

Fia/Aila...Would probably be best in WIZ with their summoner contracts, but could also work in BRD for their loyalty/friendship-ish sister-ness to one another. They'd also probably make an interesting route together.

I also completely neglected to add Medi Aide. v_v And I have no idea where to put her.

I didn't know that Destructor Girl didn't like the other fangirls. o,o Hmm...

@FenixStryk

Hmm, split it into two? That would probably work better than trying to put it all into one VN, but my insane side is telling me to put it all together just to torment myself.

Originally, I thought about having all the moes just arriving to the Arks. You'd have one of the three start moes show you around (Laz, Crim, and Lily) and meet their respective friend (if you wanted to), and have choices to figure out which route you want to enter. However, if I follow your idea, I could easily merge Ivis and Crim's route. Though, I would like for Ivis to have her own route, so I'm in a bit of a pickle.

Hmm...Maybe add a "Chaos" union? There's an idea...
Back to top Go down
Neftie
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Neftie

Female Posts : 200

PostSubject: Re: A Little Idea - Which Unions?   A Little Idea - Which Unions? EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 1:21 am

There should be at least some side-mech robot who work with these character, Swordwing, Toybox, Aquila, Mecha Jester, Zero saber, Mighty B, are most often appear in the comic.

I also vote Peppo/Nemlin for Dos.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: A Little Idea - Which Unions?   A Little Idea - Which Unions? EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 2:45 am

You missed Lily Rain EVE - Put her in BRD because of her values.
Back to top Go down
resireth
Master Poster
Master Poster
resireth

PostSubject: Re: A Little Idea - Which Unions?   A Little Idea - Which Unions? EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 9:07 am

What if you place all the moebots in Angel Force instead? That way, they won't belong to any specific Union(since their main purpose is to defeat Chaos. the arks are only there as their trump card) and thus, no confusion. Also, if they don't belong to any Union, that means they can visit any Union. Your story could have an incident where the protagonist(s) have to travel to the three Unions to do...well, something. In my opinion, this is a rather viable option.
Back to top Go down
falcon1
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
falcon1

Male Posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: A Little Idea - Which Unions?   A Little Idea - Which Unions? EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 10:33 am

*reads* ... agreeing with Trill's categorical rationalizations though I'd distribute the fangirls into different unions, generic ZSG in BRD, DG in DOS and MJG in WIZ.

What about the bots who eventually got promoted? Like how Long met Feng Mei, since Long was in search for a way to improve and power up. Events like that I think should be enough for one to change personalities and be allowed to defect. The idea of introducing the possibility of defecting opens up numerous problems with the story line but it can also add a great deal of original content if you decide to handle it well.

Moebots with variations, like for example Lily Rain who has a Le Reve variant, could be counted as a change of equipment or gear during a certain mission.

The idea of starting with characters that are pre-Nicole Malice is well thought out. You don't have to deal with the hassle of having so many characters. It also gives ample time for character progression and build up since you can focus on the core characters.
Back to top Go down
Suki_Eve
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Suki_Eve

PostSubject: Re: A Little Idea - Which Unions?   A Little Idea - Which Unions? EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 11:29 am

Astral_Goddess wrote:
You missed Lily Rain EVE - Put her in BRD because of her values.

I didn't miss her. Razz She's a promotion to Lily Rain. She'll be in Lily Rain's story after Lily Rain becomes a badass. I intend to handle other promotions in a similar manner. Things like Le Reve will be interesting to handle, though.

@Resireth - The problem with that is then I'd have to figure out how to separate about 10 paths from each other. That's why I split it into Unions, to make it a bit easier as well as to add a more "CosmicBreak" feel. Going into each others' Union to do...stuff...shouldn't be that difficult an idea to handle. Characters who don't have a Union/are in a different Union would obviously be scanned for malicious intent before entering. Wink

The non-moe bots will make cameos if I can find an artist who can draw battle scenes well with giant robots. v_v;

Also, originally, I was going to have a flexible amount of choices you could make before you'd start a route. New routes would (in theory) be patched into the VN, allowing for more content, new moes, promotions added to moes, ect.

Things I'm not sure about:
If there were Chaos Union bots, which would you add to that Union?
Where will Medi Aide go?
Would you rather be able to access all routes in the beginning, or access certain routes after you've completed a storyline?
Would you prefer actual game elements in a VN, or just story-driven VN? (note that I don't know how difficult mimicking actual game elements will be)

Aside from those, I'll create a flexible list later and post/edit changes with it for discussion.
Am I the only one amused by the new Frau's whip description?
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: A Little Idea - Which Unions?   A Little Idea - Which Unions? EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 4:19 pm

Suki_Eve wrote:
The non-moe bots will make cameos if I can find an artist who can draw battle scenes well with giant robots. v_v;
heavy jag has to cameo

there's just no way you can't add in a total badass like him
Back to top Go down
spiketrigger

PostSubject: Re: A Little Idea - Which Unions?   A Little Idea - Which Unions? EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 6:13 pm

You're all just wasting time trying to write up routes that branch off each other.

Last edited by spiketrigger on Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Asagi-san
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Asagi-san

Male Posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: A Little Idea - Which Unions?   A Little Idea - Which Unions? EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 6:25 pm

Add lag AGs in BRD.
Back to top Go down
Suki_Eve
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Suki_Eve

PostSubject: Re: A Little Idea - Which Unions?   A Little Idea - Which Unions? EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 7:57 pm

spiketrigger wrote:
You're all just wasting time trying to write up routes that branch off each other.

Just make an anthology format of self-contained short stories like Gotham Knight.

Dear, if I wanted to write fanfiction about CB, I would. But I don't. So go hug a kitten and kindly leave me to my delusions if you don't have something constructive or relatable to the topic to say. And technically, it's only my time. ^_^

A Little Idea - Which Unions? UnionsPicv2

I also completely forgot Maril March the first time I went through the character list. v_v;

Needs Advice On:
Where to put Medi Aide and Maril March.
Back to top Go down
Neftie
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Neftie

PostSubject: Re: A Little Idea - Which Unions?   A Little Idea - Which Unions? EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 8:12 pm

Maril enjoy music and compose song, she either Wiz or Dos.
Medi Aide help other and support the team, she belong to BRD.

Herr Vidctor, Frau Adone believe in the use of brute force and strength to take care of thing, the pair should be in Dos.
Back to top Go down
resireth
Master Poster
Master Poster
resireth

PostSubject: Re: A Little Idea - Which Unions?   A Little Idea - Which Unions? EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 10:42 pm

I would prefer if Medi Aide was in Wiz. Put Jikun Hu into BRD with Jikun Long since they are siblings.
Back to top Go down
Suki_Eve
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Suki_Eve

PostSubject: Re: A Little Idea - Which Unions?   A Little Idea - Which Unions? EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 1:31 am

resireth wrote:
I would prefer if Medi Aide was in Wiz. Put Jikun Hu into BRD with Jikun Long since they are siblings.

Siblings who fight/kill each other.

Currently screwing around with the engine I intend to use. This is really fun, to say the least. A few practice runs to get the hang of everything and I'll be able to start working on the beginner routes.

Also, if you have a favorite bot you'd like to see cameo, tell me. If I can find a picture of it that has a transparent background, I'll be able to grant your wish with little trouble. Wink If you'd like to make art that's fankit worthy (including backgrounds), please do not hesitate to do so. New material is orgasmic. <3

Uhh...Watch this thread, I guess? Post whatever comments/questions/concerns you have. I'll be adding trials every so often here, I guess.

/slides off awkwardly

And post any more ideas about Unions that you have. Probably won't get around to starting the story routes again anytime soon, so keep your opinions coming. Very Happy (becauseireallydontwanttogetcharacterizationswrong)
Back to top Go down
resireth
Master Poster
Master Poster
resireth

PostSubject: Re: A Little Idea - Which Unions?   A Little Idea - Which Unions? EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 5:10 am

I want Scaregant Nomad to make a cameo Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Neftie
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Neftie

PostSubject: Re: A Little Idea - Which Unions?   A Little Idea - Which Unions? EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 5:34 am

Nooo Scaregant Burai is better, giant sword and Gatling, kicking ass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Little Idea - Which Unions?   A Little Idea - Which Unions? Empty

Back to top Go down

A Little Idea - Which Unions?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next