Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jikun long

Go down 
+3
fggt
Retrias
necrodrakath
7 posters
AuthorMessage
necrodrakath
Game Hater
necrodrakath

Other / Decline to state Posts : 606

Jikun long Empty
PostSubject: Jikun long   Jikun long EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 4:18 pm

So i bored of playing always art and alphas. And i out of rt so i trying to do something with a jikun long 3s that i get on a alpha cube, here is a build.

Spoiler:

Tips please Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Retrias
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Retrias

Jikun long Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jikun long   Jikun long EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 4:45 pm

【Robot Name】
Jikun

【Parts】
BD: Jikun BD
 : Spike Bit(default)
 : Jikun LG [High Run Beta] [High Run Beta] [High Run Beta]
 : Jikun HD
  : Black Layer Ribbon
  : Berry Earrings [Tough]
 : Jikun BS [High Run Beta] [High Run Beta] [High Run Beta]
 : Jikun AM [Run] [High Power Beta] [High Power Beta]
  : Buckler [High Power Beta] [High Power Alpha]
 : Jikun AM [High Power Beta] [High Power Beta] [High Power Beta]
  : Buckler [High Tough] [High Tough] [Tough]

【Config Check】
COST: OK
BS: OK
LG: OK

【Stats】
TYPE: 陸
SIZE: S
COST: 1135
CAPA: 1135
HP: 391
STR: 35
TEC: -6
WLK: 36
FLY: 1
TGH: 16

LEVEL: 10

【Cartridges】
Capacity +60×6
Sword Guard
Blast Guard
Tough Runner
Stealth System

Why can't you do something like this instead? higher walk, higher tough, approximately the same damage from the leg , and no useless cart, I even didn't change any of the part
Back to top Go down
necrodrakath
Game Hater
necrodrakath

Jikun long Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jikun long   Jikun long EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 4:49 pm

Retrias wrote:
【Robot Name】
Spoiler:

Why can't you do something like this instead? higher walk, higher tough, approximately the same damage from the leg , and no useless cart, I even didn't change any of the part

Nice idea, im not experienced playing with lnds, but i has less hp, and a bucler with 3s? that a bit impossible to get.
And core upgrade gives more dmg and ammo.

Well, i made a new variation.

Spoiler:

Last edited by IronDicks on Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Double post)
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

Jikun long Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jikun long   Jikun long EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 5:43 pm

>jikun long 3s
>no tune in jikun parts

I dont know what's happening here.__.

Do not double post.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

Jikun long Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jikun long   Jikun long EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 6:27 pm

Jikun BS >>> Zero Saber BS

And if I had enough motivation to even build a Jikun, this is what I'd do

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

Jikun long Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jikun long   Jikun long EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 6:41 pm

I'm not entirely sure what you want here. I'm guessing you're planning on playing her as a full melee, considering the builds you have so far.

I'm going to be honest with you, I don't really think that's a great idea. Jikun's melee in general is not super powerful, it's efficient(W-Tackle is 22 Force, Rush Kick 16 iirc, but the attacks are pretty quick).
Unless you wanna play a lagkun(and trust me, people will hate you for it, bad enough we have laggy-ass Mai-chans), I don't suggest going through with full melee.

If you decide to go through with melee only, I highly suggest tuning her LGs for subweapon tunes if you aren't going to make use of laggy ass W-Tackle.
About EIW...go for broke or don't bother with them. I suggest using her untuned and no carts(cept for whatever cost carts you have atm), utilizing both W-Tackle and Rush Kick. Whichever one suits you better will form the pivotal attack that you can base your build around.
I don't have much experience with W-Tackle, and I don't know if you've already gone ahead and tested Long, but it has a slower attack speed and longer delay time than Rush Kick, although it is more powerful and allows you to quickly close with an enemy if the target is close enough. IIRC, Jikun Long teleports behind the target before attacking. Jikun Hu teleports in front of the target. Just in case...

Rush Kick is a less powerful attack, but it strikes three times in very quick succession, ending in an aerial backflip that launches the target and temporarily disables it. The delay time is also much shorter, although there is slight delay between each strike and a slightly longer delay between the second kick and the backflip.
It also demonstrates Jikun melee efficiency: while you won't deal much damage as compared to other melee attackers, landing the backflip allows you to immediately launch into another melee attack once you land. This style of attack allows you to quickly attack multiple enemies in the vicinity and escape before you can be stopped and destroyed, although it relies somewhat heavily on high movement speed and/or evasive maneuvers before you get in range and engage a target.

The main problems with builds relying completely on these attacks for damage is that 1)both attacks are weak, especially when compared to other melee attacks, 2)specific to W-Tackle, the delay between attacks is long and has an overall slower attack, leading to less damage over time if you are killed quickly. Thus, most W-Tackle users play lagkun-style. and 3)specific to Rush Kick, it is weak but does more damage over time if you are effective with it. The biggest problem is its reliance on high movement speed, which usually comes courtesy of Boost Run(or Short Boost if you do the dodging route for her).

Against a team with Nicoles, your Jikun becomes less and less effective as she continually accelerates your boost consumption. In addition, Rush Kick's frontal attack style is weak against enemies who also have melee(either passive like Nicole or active like Mai-chan), as your Rush Kick will lose against another melee if the intended target strikes before you make contact. In these situations, the problem can be remedied if you strike from behind, although this is tough against melee attackers BEFORE they engage your teammates.

Basically, I'd rather run a mixed gunner/melee build on Jikun. You can emphasize STR if you like to play melee, but I'd say at least 2-3 TEC to make your weapon viable. You'll also need a high-Force weapon; Handyzooka's usually the go-to but others will do. You can(and usually must) carry a Buckler or Viper Shield in your other hand, I prefer Viper Shield over Buckler(I know, I know, not cost efficient, but it will serve you well; I can attest, as I use a Handy+Viper combo on my own Jikun Long) as a Buckler will expose half of your body to enemy fire, while the Viper will usually cover at least 75%-100% of your body while you're moving.

Here is my mixed Long build. It's definitely not the most efficient or effective at either type of combat, but it can perform either gunning or melee in almost any situation. I use a Pillbox instead of the more common Dual Slayer or etc. WBs because it provides a nice patch of cover if I'm taking heavy fire and need to get the hell away, and it can serve as a forward unit that can deal quite a bit of damage on its own. It's really versatile and it's saved my ass more than once, and only requires 5 cost as opposed to Dual Slayer's 10.

Tough Runner and Boost Run combine to make Long pretty tankish and helps get me to my target. Short Boost provides dodging capability if I so desire instead of charging in like a rambo, and Quick Boost provides support because this build relies very heavily on boost, so the saved time recharging the gauge can be a lifesaver.

As a rule Jikuns are really tight on cost(witness my Jikun's 1140 cost at Lv10). Mobility first, weapon tunes second. Remember that weapons don't do shit unless you live long enough to use them.
And if your situation doesn't favor a direct melee attack, Handy comes into play and lets you duel with an enemy gunner. It also provides some Antiair, useful if an annoying Air is buzzing round your head.
Don't tune your Handy for main weapon tunes unless you decide to become a mixed w/gunner emphasis, it's simply not worth it when you're taking potshots with only 5 or less TEC. The weapon's there to support you, not to be your main damage dealer. Unless you desperately suck at melee, in which case you shouldn't play Jikun because its usually outclassed pretty badly in the pure gunner department.
Boost Run will fuck up your shooting angle, dropping it down by about 35-40 degrees. Compensate for this, and remember to manually retarget once your gauge drains. In some cases, a high Boost Run speed will allow you to close with an enemy gunner while you lay down suppressing fire, surprising them with a kick to the face. It's really only viable if you two are isolated, though.

Don't mind the name...herp derp

"Fire's mixed Jikun":

Good luck with that Jikun.
Back to top Go down
necrodrakath
Game Hater
necrodrakath

Jikun long Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jikun long   Jikun long EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 12:23 am

FireKiller87 wrote:
I'm not entirely sure what you want here. I'm guessing you're planning on playing her as a full melee, considering the builds you have so far.

I'm going to be honest with you, I don't really think that's a great idea. Jikun's melee in general is not super powerful, it's efficient(W-Tackle is 22 Force, Rush Kick 16 iirc, but the attacks are pretty quick).
Unless you wanna play a lagkun(and trust me, people will hate you for it, bad enough we have laggy-ass Mai-chans), I don't suggest going through with full melee.

If you decide to go through with melee only, I highly suggest tuning her LGs for subweapon tunes if you aren't going to make use of laggy ass W-Tackle.
About EIW...go for broke or don't bother with them. I suggest using her untuned and no carts(cept for whatever cost carts you have atm), utilizing both W-Tackle and Rush Kick. Whichever one suits you better will form the pivotal attack that you can base your build around.
I don't have much experience with W-Tackle, and I don't know if you've already gone ahead and tested Long, but it has a slower attack speed and longer delay time than Rush Kick, although it is more powerful and allows you to quickly close with an enemy if the target is close enough. IIRC, Jikun Long teleports behind the target before attacking. Jikun Hu teleports in front of the target. Just in case...

Rush Kick is a less powerful attack, but it strikes three times in very quick succession, ending in an aerial backflip that launches the target and temporarily disables it. The delay time is also much shorter, although there is slight delay between each strike and a slightly longer delay between the second kick and the backflip.
It also demonstrates Jikun melee efficiency: while you won't deal much damage as compared to other melee attackers, landing the backflip allows you to immediately launch into another melee attack once you land. This style of attack allows you to quickly attack multiple enemies in the vicinity and escape before you can be stopped and destroyed, although it relies somewhat heavily on high movement speed and/or evasive maneuvers before you get in range and engage a target.

The main problems with builds relying completely on these attacks for damage is that 1)both attacks are weak, especially when compared to other melee attacks, 2)specific to W-Tackle, the delay between attacks is long and has an overall slower attack, leading to less damage over time if you are killed quickly. Thus, most W-Tackle users play lagkun-style. and 3)specific to Rush Kick, it is weak but does more damage over time if you are effective with it. The biggest problem is its reliance on high movement speed, which usually comes courtesy of Boost Run(or Short Boost if you do the dodging route for her).

Against a team with Nicoles, your Jikun becomes less and less effective as she continually accelerates your boost consumption. In addition, Rush Kick's frontal attack style is weak against enemies who also have melee(either passive like Nicole or active like Mai-chan), as your Rush Kick will lose against another melee if the intended target strikes before you make contact. In these situations, the problem can be remedied if you strike from behind, although this is tough against melee attackers BEFORE they engage your teammates.

Basically, I'd rather run a mixed gunner/melee build on Jikun. You can emphasize STR if you like to play melee, but I'd say at least 2-3 TEC to make your weapon viable. You'll also need a high-Force weapon; Handyzooka's usually the go-to but others will do. You can(and usually must) carry a Buckler or Viper Shield in your other hand, I prefer Viper Shield over Buckler(I know, I know, not cost efficient, but it will serve you well; I can attest, as I use a Handy+Viper combo on my own Jikun Long) as a Buckler will expose half of your body to enemy fire, while the Viper will usually cover at least 75%-100% of your body while you're moving.

Here is my mixed Long build. It's definitely not the most efficient or effective at either type of combat, but it can perform either gunning or melee in almost any situation. I use a Pillbox instead of the more common Dual Slayer or etc. WBs because it provides a nice patch of cover if I'm taking heavy fire and need to get the hell away, and it can serve as a forward unit that can deal quite a bit of damage on its own. It's really versatile and it's saved my ass more than once, and only requires 5 cost as opposed to Dual Slayer's 10.

Tough Runner and Boost Run combine to make Long pretty tankish and helps get me to my target. Short Boost provides dodging capability if I so desire instead of charging in like a rambo, and Quick Boost provides support because this build relies very heavily on boost, so the saved time recharging the gauge can be a lifesaver.

As a rule Jikuns are really tight on cost(witness my Jikun's 1140 cost at Lv10). Mobility first, weapon tunes second. Remember that weapons don't do shit unless you live long enough to use them.
And if your situation doesn't favor a direct melee attack, Handy comes into play and lets you duel with an enemy gunner. It also provides some Antiair, useful if an annoying Air is buzzing round your head.
Don't tune your Handy for main weapon tunes unless you decide to become a mixed w/gunner emphasis, it's simply not worth it when you're taking potshots with only 5 or less TEC. The weapon's there to support you, not to be your main damage dealer. Unless you desperately suck at melee, in which case you shouldn't play Jikun because its usually outclassed pretty badly in the pure gunner department.
Boost Run will fuck up your shooting angle, dropping it down by about 35-40 degrees. Compensate for this, and remember to manually retarget once your gauge drains. In some cases, a high Boost Run speed will allow you to close with an enemy gunner while you lay down suppressing fire, surprising them with a kick to the face. It's really only viable if you two are isolated, though.

Don't mind the name...herp derp

"Fire's mixed Jikun":

Good luck with that Jikun.

Very good and detailed advice, but I think I do not want to make a Jikun Long, i better spend these tunes in another bot.

And why the ppl gonna hate me if i use a lagkun? Because it doesn't launch nukes or have a pilebunker that do 150 dmg per hit? I do not understand the reason.
Back to top Go down
Retrias
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Retrias

Jikun long Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jikun long   Jikun long EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 8:12 am

lagkun is nigh unhittable by virtue of lagshield, in other word annoying
Back to top Go down
SkyPanic
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SkyPanic

Male Posts : 775

Jikun long Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jikun long   Jikun long EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 1:01 pm

ppl don't realize that jikun long 's combo make her move fast enough that you don't even need to up her WLK more than 24

lol

btw the run combo is: takcle - kick - kick - tackle - kick -kick ...
jikun long is kinda a frag if you can't control her, just know when to dodge and where to kick you can made your day

my build

Quote :

【Robot Name】
Jikun

【Parts】
BD: Jikun BD
 : Dual Slayer Bit
 : Jikun LG [Grappler] [Grappler] [Grappler]
 : Jikun HD
  : Sunflower
  : Wing Gear
 : Tonosama Lander BS [Tough]
 : LazFlamme AM [High Power Beta] [High Power Beta]
  : Buckler
 : LazFlamme AM [High Sentinel] [High Sentinel]
  : Buckler

【Config Check】
COST: OK
BS: OK
LG: OK

【Stats】
TYPE: 陸
SIZE: S
COST: 1135
CAPA: 1135
HP: 431
STR: 21
TEC: 4
WLK: 20
FLY: 11
TGH: 21

LEVEL: 9

【Cartridges】
Capacity +60×6
Enhance internal weapon×2
Sword Guard

【必要素材】
Hidora Cosmos×1
Fudara Cosmos×2
Yoguru Cosmos×2
Ones Cosmos×3
Blue Chip×10
Green Chip×10
Rainbow Chip×22
Power Amp×10
Brake Damper×71
Physical Stone×66
Strike Metal×12
Shock Graphite×6
Hulk Meteorite×66

and don't forget the big tips: never let her do the flip kick or you better gonna suicide
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Male Posts : 1054

Jikun long Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jikun long   Jikun long EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 7:36 am

Give her a Handy Zook and Short Boost. Tada, you've got a bot that can avoid anything if you're on your fingers about it. Dual Viper/Buckler is just silly.

SkyPanic wrote:
and don't forget the big tips: never let her do the flip kick or you better gonna suicide

Or do the finish kick and take pot shots at the bot while they're in the air. OR do the finish kick when it's a Vanguard and you're rather them be in the air so you can back up and then go again. Or do the flip kick when the enemy is almost dead. Or always do the flip kick if it's pretty much just you and that one enemy and no one is slowing you down.

No, really, that flipkick is a good thing.

Old as dirt, and needs an entire revamp (note, I need to mention Short Boost in there as it being awesome) but a lot closer then you'll get with a pure melee build unless you're using something like a Sycthe or Laz Lance AND remove the original LGs.

http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t5533-roquit-abusing-my-jikuns
Back to top Go down
http://www.kito.winterwing.com
Sponsored content

Jikun long Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jikun long   Jikun long Empty

Back to top Go down

Jikun long
Page 1 of 1