Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Theres no excuse for bad dubs in the U.S. Aside from shitty 4kids killing all i know

Go down 
+7
FrenchBreadExe
Reversal
Kainagi
Nisa
Squishy
NotZetsubou
boytitan2
11 posters
AuthorMessage
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

Theres no excuse for bad dubs in the U.S. Aside from shitty 4kids killing all i know Empty
PostSubject: Theres no excuse for bad dubs in the U.S. Aside from shitty 4kids killing all i know   Theres no excuse for bad dubs in the U.S. Aside from shitty 4kids killing all i know EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 10:00 pm

At first I would usually defend bad dubs in the us for having bad voice actors.Say there just arent any good voice actors due to animations just being revamped in the 90s best fucking year for quality cartoons being made man and anime becomeing popular in america.

But due to really getting back into bat man. I have been researching it again im actually about to rewatch the orginal animated series. Which is So good that most of todays batman is based off it, It surpassed to comic in terms of character. Aside joker they kept him the same phyo killer whos smart just as much as he is a sick fuck.Characters from the cartoons made D.C. Change up there characters in the comics.

Anyways point Theres no excuse for bad voice acting Or getting bad voice actors. I mean are dubbers going out getting amateurs to do shit. When theirs actor level voice actors out there. Again for instance the cast behind batman is responsible for voice acting of well. First batman. big 0 mostly, And CowBoy Bepop mostly. Again those dubs had great voice acting to the point I wouldnt dare watch the subs. They also do the voice acting for the newest 2 batman games.and all the justice league series. Oh theres 4kids some one kill them why do the exist saturday morning were good there worse than Disney is now.I mean at least disney has the excuse of being rich corrupt faggots now who just want money and dont care.What happend to saban and Fox kids,At least if saban and fox kids fucked up something he would redo

I mean theres GREAT voice actors out there so were the fuck do dubbing companys get the voice actors from I mean this a is small percentage of the good voice actors there are that I listed theres alot more. I mean We have more good voice actors in video games farcry 3 being a perfect example than fucking animes THATS BULLSHIT.

I mean fuck even shows old as xmen the original series has better voice actors than 90% of the animes

Heres clips as proof.

Theres alot but I piced this one cause its well cause its the original robin owning batman the only good one and one whos not a bitch and gets pussy,Batgirl, Starfire, and Wondergirl and some one else,and bbeomce night wing =D

Point is Dubs bad dubs are bad cause they dont even try If you make the casting proccess long and right you should have this

THE OH MY GOD YOU SHOULD BE FUCKING KILLED GIVE ME FOX KIDS BACK YOU ASSHOLES

Then again Not even all animes outa japan have good voice acting what is this shit man theres alot like this

The WHY DA FUCK IS SHIT NOT ALWAYS THIS QUALITY scratch scratch
Back to top Go down

Theres no excuse for bad dubs in the U.S. Aside from shitty 4kids killing all i know Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theres no excuse for bad dubs in the U.S. Aside from shitty 4kids killing all i know   Theres no excuse for bad dubs in the U.S. Aside from shitty 4kids killing all i know EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 2:21 am

Another one of BT's tantrums, why am I not surprised? scratch
Back to top Go down
NotZetsubou
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NotZetsubou

PostSubject: Re: Theres no excuse for bad dubs in the U.S. Aside from shitty 4kids killing all i know   Theres no excuse for bad dubs in the U.S. Aside from shitty 4kids killing all i know EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 11:22 am

i never watch japanese anime with english dub before...so i not really know how terrible it is..

but i heard before that people in u.s. count it as hobby more than a real job >.<
Back to top Go down
Squishy
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Squishy

Female Posts : 143

PostSubject: Re: Theres no excuse for bad dubs in the U.S. Aside from shitty 4kids killing all i know   Theres no excuse for bad dubs in the U.S. Aside from shitty 4kids killing all i know EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 11:29 am

Fuck 4kids.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Theres no excuse for bad dubs in the U.S. Aside from shitty 4kids killing all i know   Theres no excuse for bad dubs in the U.S. Aside from shitty 4kids killing all i know EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 11:38 am

ARBOK DOES NOT EVOLVE INTO SEVIPER.
Back to top Go down
Kainagi
Kainagi

Male Posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: Theres no excuse for bad dubs in the U.S. Aside from shitty 4kids killing all i know   Theres no excuse for bad dubs in the U.S. Aside from shitty 4kids killing all i know EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 12:11 pm

I watch anime and watch 4Kids. No wonder it way different. Same yes but some parts were not shown like what the anime do. Like for example, one Pokémon episode was suppose to air but was cancel due to 4Kids think that Jinx face was black and they think it racist. That’s why, no wonder.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: Theres no excuse for bad dubs in the U.S. Aside from shitty 4kids killing all i know   Theres no excuse for bad dubs in the U.S. Aside from shitty 4kids killing all i know EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 12:25 pm

Well 4kids is a very very BROKE/SMALL company they shouldnt even be considered a duber there basicly fandubs. When fox became a big network finally the sold fox tv to 4 kids cheap as shit. Same thing happend with kids wb later. And unlike fox wb didnt own saban which was good at dubbing.Saban was sold to disney who gives 2 shits bout anime or anything theese days. And finnaly kids wb were neve dubbers just were good at making american cartoons when warner bros were active. They decided to focus on toher stuff besides childrens shows sold to 4kids.

So basically 4kids is a bastard low budget child of cable tv. They couldnt of had much money cause before fox said fuck childrens programing lets focus on being a big major network and sold fox kids for dirt cheap, And well idr what wb was doing cause well it couldnt of been good cause there channel is dead, Anyways 4kids became a a major company if u can call it that by a dead ntetwork and a network that didnt want to focus on kids stuff now that it was bigger and sold it for dirt cheap.All they did was provide the cvoice overs for pokemon before these events. Thats 1 show doesent warrant running a whole tv block.

As for cartoon network and adult swim. I have no clue why there doing bad with there heavy financial baking They should have more series. i mean funimation dubbed a shit ton of animes with there money they could air with little ease.
Then again there network is like a mad sceintist experimenting they have no clue what they want to do and what direction they wana go in. Honestly i wish cartoon network or adult swim would just by funi. Then you can just fire all funis bad voice actors keep the good and decent ones, And now being heavily financially backed get good voice actors

Also theres the internet to factor in. I am a pirate fag and watches what ever he can for free.Excluding anime,movies In programing/rare comics,games I have going into at the most 10,000 dollars worth of free shit downloaded.And that only cause thats what I want to use it could be more.

Back to top Go down
Reversal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Reversal

Male Posts : 245

PostSubject: Re: Theres no excuse for bad dubs in the U.S. Aside from shitty 4kids killing all i know   Theres no excuse for bad dubs in the U.S. Aside from shitty 4kids killing all i know EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 12:32 am

I do agree, that 4kids are very bad in dubbing.
Even some other company, like, Funimation, dub anime better than they do.
That aside, generally, Japanese Seiyuus are much more suited for the voices, so from the start I don't like English dubs anyways. The original voice puts much more emotion into it.
Back to top Go down
FrenchBreadExe
FrenchBreadExe

PostSubject: Re: Theres no excuse for bad dubs in the U.S. Aside from shitty 4kids killing all i know   Theres no excuse for bad dubs in the U.S. Aside from shitty 4kids killing all i know EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 11:38 pm

+1 to that PoV

some english dubbed anime sucks due to bad voice acting
when compare to the original japanese dub, its even better.

I don't care if they are pros on dubbing (on the english dubbed vers)
to be honest, they don't fit for the roles they act
I mean its like a kid's puzzle toy, they put the wrong shapes on the wrong slot

I rather stick to an english sub than watch a bad dubbing.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: Theres no excuse for bad dubs in the U.S. Aside from shitty 4kids killing all i know   Theres no excuse for bad dubs in the U.S. Aside from shitty 4kids killing all i know EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 1:21 am

FrenchBreadExe wrote:
+1 to that PoV

Did you read a single thing I wrote problem is there not pros there really bad amateurs.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Theres no excuse for bad dubs in the U.S. Aside from shitty 4kids killing all i know   Theres no excuse for bad dubs in the U.S. Aside from shitty 4kids killing all i know EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 3:15 am

boytitan2 wrote:
FrenchBreadExe wrote:
+1 to that PoV

Did you read a single thing I wrote problem is there not pros there really bad amateurs.

What boytitan is trying to imply is that they always tend to choose amateurs,hence the shitty dubs.
Back to top Go down
FrenchBreadExe
FrenchBreadExe

PostSubject: Re: Theres no excuse for bad dubs in the U.S. Aside from shitty 4kids killing all i know   Theres no excuse for bad dubs in the U.S. Aside from shitty 4kids killing all i know EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 2:44 pm

I know.

Well the industry also keeps having budget cuts, instead of getting pros with higher pay,
get some amateurs and pay them lower.

It's either the company or the director, that chooses his crew to do this dubbing job.

Still, it's a challenge for english dubbing to match an original japanese dub
Back to top Go down
Purianite

Male Posts : 80

PostSubject: Re: Theres no excuse for bad dubs in the U.S. Aside from shitty 4kids killing all i know   Theres no excuse for bad dubs in the U.S. Aside from shitty 4kids killing all i know EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 8:58 pm

English dubs are inferior 999 times out of 1000. They're only competent 4 times out of 10. And 4kids dubs are never competent or accurate.

English dubs usually fail to capture the emotion of the original VAs. That's why I always watch in Japanese.

Also
>Japanese dub
It's not a dub if it's the original master version.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/purianite
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: Theres no excuse for bad dubs in the U.S. Aside from shitty 4kids killing all i know   Theres no excuse for bad dubs in the U.S. Aside from shitty 4kids killing all i know EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 9:43 pm

Purianite wrote:
English dubs are inferior 999 times out of 1000. They're only competent 4 times out of 10. And 4kids dubs are never competent or accurate.

English dubs usually fail to capture the emotion of the original VAs. That's why I always watch in Japanese.

Also
>Japanese dub
It's not a dub if it's the original master version.

Japanese people dont always capture the personality tight either.

Marvel anime was SO FULL OF FAIL. Only one I gave a chance was blade and that failed They even made blade some what tsundere DA FUCK.And wolverine had 0 dirty dan or grind house feel to him.

Cowboy Bepood,Or vash the stampede Sorry GUnslingers,bounty hunters dont mix at all with asian voicess

And Animes set place and kingdoms you know the fantasy genraes are usually = dub and sub, Tears of terra,And Guin Saga being 2 good examples

To be fair tho CowBoy Bebop had Great and well known voice actors So that dub should surpass its sub as it had hi caliber actors and a high budgetpeople who Go over to video games,marvel and dc dvd were the moneys at and have skills voice acting.

Also anime voice actors in general suck cause they just use there natural voice they dont try to be the character. And there same voice carries over to other works so it feels like your listening to the same person again.

A good actor yes i said actor not just voice actor,cause theres one black actor I hate in real life for the same reason. When the character is your natural voice and not one you created for the character YOU FUCKING SUCK AND FAIL AND SHOULD GO KILL YOUR SELF. I DONT WANT TO HERE THE SAME FUCKING VOICE AT THE SAME FUCKING PITCH SHOWING THE EXACT SAME EMOTIONS IN EVERY ANIME OR MOVIE YOU EGOTISTIC ASS FUCK.

Most that hate was going toward who ever the fucking black cunt face who goes MY MAN OR MY NIGGA IN EVERY FUCKING MOVIE NOT ONLY ARE YOU NOT TRYNA CREATE A CHARACTER YOUR USEING DA SAME FUCKING QUOTE U COCKY ASS FUCK GOD I WANT TO KILL U.

Then again Im kinda being a biast fag here cause I love the guy from conception and shutter island and he uses the same personality and voice in each movie.

Then again if I wasna hypocritical fag I wouldnt be boytitan now would I.
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

Female Posts : 1540

PostSubject: Re: Theres no excuse for bad dubs in the U.S. Aside from shitty 4kids killing all i know   Theres no excuse for bad dubs in the U.S. Aside from shitty 4kids killing all i know EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 10:32 pm

4Kids ruined EVERY ANIME. Save for Sonic X and Kirby.

The only good English dubs I ever heard of...

Big-O
Dragon Ball

That is all.

Also,

Squishy wrote:
Fuck 4kids.
Back to top Go down
Aurao
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Aurao

Male Posts : 198

PostSubject: Re: Theres no excuse for bad dubs in the U.S. Aside from shitty 4kids killing all i know   Theres no excuse for bad dubs in the U.S. Aside from shitty 4kids killing all i know EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 6:33 pm

4Kids always had fail moments. They would be a lot better if they just don't change any lines or animation.

Lol @ Anime in a nutshell, not all are like that Razz (Well, still a lot xD)

Nisa wrote:
ARBOK DOES NOT EVOLVE INTO SEVIPER.
I can't remember if the Dutch dub also had that xD

Back to top Go down
http://about.me/aurao
IcedUp
IcedUp

Male Posts : 41

PostSubject: Re: Theres no excuse for bad dubs in the U.S. Aside from shitty 4kids killing all i know   Theres no excuse for bad dubs in the U.S. Aside from shitty 4kids killing all i know EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 10:49 pm

apparently u guys havent seen the One Piece 4kids Version

- women in One Piece dont have any boobies
- Water is placed inside a wine glass instead of wine
- Guns turn into supersoakers
- Ppl smoke without cigars or cigarettes. Smoke just naturally pops out.
- Some of the facials get taken out aswell
- Sanji's cigarette is replaced with a lollipop.... (that messes the storyline sooo much, Sanji took up smoking coz Red Leg Sef smoked aswell. so now he took up sucking lollipops)

4kids follow American laws to the letter
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: Theres no excuse for bad dubs in the U.S. Aside from shitty 4kids killing all i know   Theres no excuse for bad dubs in the U.S. Aside from shitty 4kids killing all i know EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 11:10 pm

IcedUp wrote:

- Sanji's cigarette is replaced with a lollipop.... (that messes the storyline sooo much, Sanji took up smoking coz Red Leg Sef smoked aswell. so now he took up sucking lollipops)

4kids a airs ona childrens block.

A childrens block the bought for dirt cheap cause fox was getting rid of said childrens block.

B there no longer on a major network and i dont even think 4 kids comes on tv anymore.

C funny how people bash 4 kids but consider the just as bad first few seasons of pokemon good. ALL POKEMON DUBS SUCKED 4 kids subbed all the first 8 season fanboys

D again You are caring about a downhill dubing company.

E 4 kids is I dont even know what the fuck it is now its a mess It was a small dubbing company and is now just a Over grown probly in debt company.

F again cant compare to other networks or dubbing companys at all I dont even think left wing fags would censor a cartoon the way they do.

G Im only talking about voice actors,I can give 2 shits about 4kids re marketing a already shitty show for a younger audience and making shitty show even more shitty. Also I can see what there trying to do but fail hard at saben the company behind power rangers used to remarket shows like this in a way first 5 or 6 power rangers, beetle borgs and In my opinion make the shows ALOT BETTER, Seban rarely failed at this. 4kids just again is a bad company that shoulda just ran outa bussiness but got lucky twice. And they say lightning doesent strike twice. 4kids is just doing it wrong alot wrong, When Tonami dubbed shows they just took out religious references and curse words, When Saben dubbed something he made it more towards males,This did go bad with Escaflone when heedited out some of the shogu shit most of the shogo elements thinking boys wouldnt care bout that stuff and gave the female lead less screen time.he was smart enuff to cut the show off tv,And remarket it unedited on subbed and dubbed and out sold gundam wing tapes, 4 kids is a company that got lucky and stealing companys that were rich ideas of re marketing and doing them badly.
Back to top Go down
Reversal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Reversal

Male Posts : 245

PostSubject: Re: Theres no excuse for bad dubs in the U.S. Aside from shitty 4kids killing all i know   Theres no excuse for bad dubs in the U.S. Aside from shitty 4kids killing all i know EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 3:13 am

IcedUp wrote:

Well, as it's name suggests, 4kids aim to be able to show anime that is suitable for young ages, thus, shonen anime like One Piece would be reduced to a children's anime :/
I am waiting for the day that this disaster can be stopped.
Back to top Go down
IcedUp
IcedUp

Male Posts : 41

PostSubject: Re: Theres no excuse for bad dubs in the U.S. Aside from shitty 4kids killing all i know   Theres no excuse for bad dubs in the U.S. Aside from shitty 4kids killing all i know EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 5:00 am

well to be honest, kids these days are much more violent. Every passing generation seems to want to grow up faster. If 10 yr olds are able to play "M" rated games like MW3, Assassins Creed franchise, and Battlefield 3, i dont see the point in censoring Shonen Anime at all. No

As for the stuff before, 4kids is being taken out??? I spend most of my time reading manga so i dont know half the subbing companies. I was just adding to the list of stuff 4kids did. Question

In my opinion, dubs arent the thing ruining animes. its the fact that the hard work of the manga writer is being destroyed by the censors. If u read Bakuman, u know what im talking about. The dubs are just a bonus. Exclamation

COME AT ME BRO!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Theres no excuse for bad dubs in the U.S. Aside from shitty 4kids killing all i know   Theres no excuse for bad dubs in the U.S. Aside from shitty 4kids killing all i know Empty

Back to top Go down

Theres no excuse for bad dubs in the U.S. Aside from shitty 4kids killing all i know
Page 1 of 1