Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Same ZSG, different user.

Go down 
+6
tehprognoob
Trill
Courius
Rukoto
Zwiebel Force
Rathmana
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Rathmana
Rathmana

Male Posts : 75

Same ZSG, different user. Empty
PostSubject: Same ZSG, different user.   Same ZSG, different user. EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 12:30 pm

Hi, all. So I pulled a couple Zero Saber Girls from the last batch of attendance [Ro] Cubes, and I decided I wanna make use of one of 'em. I'm trying to figure the best way to tune her, and I've got something that I think will work alright, but I'd like some opinions on what I can fix.

Spoiler:

My major questions:

Should I worry about my gun's damage? I could get some extra capacity by switching some of those High Run Alphas to Betas instead, but is it worth it?

Speaking of my gun, is the one I'm using a good choice? I want to make sure she's hybrid at least in the sense that she has a main weapon at all, but would a different one be a better choice?

And also somewhat related, should I even worry about my wonder bit? I just picked a random 10-cost one so I have that cost set aside for any bit I may want to use, but would it be more worthwhile to just not care about my bit at all?

As for the carts...I wouldn't mind taking her to LV10, though just going to LV8 to keep that capacity free is nice as well. But if I do free up some capacity and decide to take her to LV10 instead, what carts would you recommend?

Also, any other general tips about ZSG (playing, tuning, whatever) that you might have? Hoping I can get good enough with her to make her my main bot of choice, so any tips would be appreciated.

(By the way, even though accessories and weapons are the only things I can really change, still assume UC or shop RT only for 'em. I have a couple cool accessories, but I'm not sure which ones are most worthwhile.)
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Same ZSG, different user.   Same ZSG, different user. EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 2:29 pm

I'm not that much into LNDs and such, but the zook looks a little odd for these type of build. I'd try a cheaper rapid fire weapon. Her tec seems to low to be a real threat to AIRs (if it's not a Crimrose :X). M/b a beam gun?

Oh yeah about the bit: with this tec/str you can just forget about it. Connection time might be ok, but the damage will look like a chibi's Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Rathmana
Rathmana

PostSubject: Re: Same ZSG, different user.   Same ZSG, different user. EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 4:00 pm

Actually, I chose the Handy Bazooka BECAUSE it seems like such a perfect choice. It's cheap (only 40 cost, if I recall correctly?), it's good against AIRs (a LND bot's most hated enemy), and it still does pretty good damage even with low TEC. (Better than a Beam Gun, anyway, probably even against LNDs.)

Though I see where you're coming from about the bit. That'll free up some capacity, at least. Thanks for your tips! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Same ZSG, different user.   Same ZSG, different user. EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 5:13 pm

I personally think that you should use a Buckler instead of a Handy Bazooka and tune more STR.
Back to top Go down
Rukoto
Rukoto

Female Posts : 75

PostSubject: Re: Same ZSG, different user.   Same ZSG, different user. EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 8:09 pm

I don't have melee experience, but a handy zook does sound like a good choice for trying to drop airs. Handy Magnum also works for a cheap firearm as well. Piercegun is considerably more costly but it's a deadly weapon. I don't see any enhance internals, which (after getting both) DOUBLE the ammo of zero step as well as increase the range from 120 to 140 iirc. You should probably get those if you plan on meleeing. You can forgo Sway for Short Boost + Quick Land Since Zero Step already gives you invincibility frames and because well, LAGGOTRY AHOY short boost + quick land is simply sugoi :V
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Same ZSG, different user.   Same ZSG, different user. EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 9:00 pm

Rukoto wrote:
I don't have melee experience, but a handy zook does sound like a good choice for trying to drop airs.
This is not what you should be doing. If you see an AIR, don't fight it, run from it.
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

PostSubject: Re: Same ZSG, different user.   Same ZSG, different user. EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 9:40 pm

i prefer you get some kind of pulse gun or breaker-like gun... force landed em with stun, then whack
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Same ZSG, different user.   Same ZSG, different user. EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 10:51 pm

LXE wrote:
Rukoto wrote:
I don't have melee experience, but a handy zook does sound like a good choice for trying to drop airs.
This is not what you should be doing. If you see an AIR, don't fight it, run from it.
As nice as this is, unless you have high teir boost run, escaping from a persistant air is not going to happen easily. It is nice for situations where going in to melee isnt possible such as so that you can kite stronger melees (AKA dont fight that VF, play a psuedo gunner vs him and avoid trying to go melee against him), along with general anti air. Handy Bazooka is pretty low cost for the function it would serve, and a Buckler is similar cost and will only block a few hits.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Same ZSG, different user.   Same ZSG, different user. EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 12:05 am

Usually I'd run from AIRs but when that is not possible, I hit them once they have landed on the ground.
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

Male Posts : 1712

PostSubject: Re: Same ZSG, different user.   Same ZSG, different user. EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 12:18 am

Hang around your team's Nicole Malice or Lala, I guess.
The moment that AIR is slowed down/de-boosted, lolraep starts.

But that tactic depends on there being Nicole and Lala

But then, Winberrl with good pull aim and good thorning aim works, too.
Back to top Go down
Fireflywater
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Fireflywater

Male Posts : 1220

PostSubject: Re: Same ZSG, different user.   Same ZSG, different user. EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 12:23 am

If the melee is a close-range harasser, don't be afraid. Sway that thing out of the air. You don't know how many times I've pegged low-altitude AIRs with a K-sword. It was a glorious feeling. At which, they don't die, but you do a nice 70+ on them.

If else, then either run of terrain provides or dodge the HELL up. They're an AIR, unless they're under special conditions, they have to land some time. Depending on the situation, they'll either run away to recharge and come back, land right beside you, or have some sort of extreme countermeasures to deal with you some other way.
Back to top Go down
Arti
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Arti

Male Posts : 1204

PostSubject: Re: Same ZSG, different user.   Same ZSG, different user. EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 12:41 am

Fireflywater wrote:
If the melee is a close-range harasser, don't be afraid. Sway that thing out of the air. You don't know how many times I've pegged low-altitude AIRs with a K-sword. It was a glorious feeling. At which, they don't die, but you do a nice 70+ on them.
I can testify as to this. Geograsis AM3 has great tracking in the air when comboed into.
I like knocking airs out of the... air with it and then pilebunkering the SHIT out of them
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Same ZSG, different user.   Same ZSG, different user. EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 12:50 am

Arti wrote:
I can testify as to this. Geograsis AM3 has great tracking in the air when comboed into.
I like knocking airs out of the... air with it and then pilebunkering the SHIT out of them
Geo Pilebunker is basically a MBG punch with the burn effect.
Back to top Go down
Rathmana
Rathmana

PostSubject: Re: Same ZSG, different user.   Same ZSG, different user. EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 1:45 pm

Hm...I've been sort of rethinking what I want to do here, and I've got some new ideas.

I'm considering a gun/Buckler combo, but I don't like the idea of being helpless when my lone weapon runs out of ammo. Would one of the main/sub combo weapons (like Dragon Fang) be worth considering alongside a Buckler?

If not, what's a good main weapon to use? And if it's something I can't get in the shop, where would I get it?

What about if I decided to do a pair of guns on a Moving Burst build? What two guns would be worth using?

By the way, thanks for all your suggestions, guys! Sorry it took me so long to get back to this. I've been trying to figure out what exactly to do, heh.
Back to top Go down
Retrias
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Retrias

PostSubject: Re: Same ZSG, different user.   Same ZSG, different user. EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 2:11 pm

probably not, none of the Main/Sub combo weapon seems to be that good, sword machine is decent at best for example so is Gunstroker
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Male Posts : 649

PostSubject: Re: Same ZSG, different user.   Same ZSG, different user. EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 8:03 pm

To be honest, if you wanna dump the buckler for a melee weapon while having a gun, its totally viable. Anything to fend off airs with is an asset. If you feel its more active and contributes more than what a buckler can do.

Guys, I'll have to stop asking you to suggest new players pidgeonhole themselves into roles. Let them have their choices and find out for themselves what they like. A melee weapon allows you to farm items indefinitely in a long match if you survive without worrying about ammo.

Let them know the pros and cons of every choice they make. Stop it with the BUT ITS NOT JP OMG bullcrap. Options won't totally gimp a build.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Same ZSG, different user.   Same ZSG, different user. Empty

Back to top Go down

Same ZSG, different user.
Page 1 of 1