Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What would you say if Cyberstep released ...

Go down 
+16
suzuru
xzpwnz
Courius
Segawa
LordShade
james927
Suguri
Turkeysaur
Moghul
Rinrin
rei_hunter
Trill
NovaZero
Priskern
Arti
ladidadida
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ladidadida
Newcomer
Newcomer

What would you say if Cyberstep released ... Empty
PostSubject: What would you say if Cyberstep released ...   What would you say if Cyberstep released ... EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 12:59 am

What would you say if Cyberstep released new weekly free robo-set feature? WTF is that you ask?
I know that you played or at least heard of LoL, or HoN, or Bloodline Champions. There are dozens of heroes to choose from in these games. And its common feature for these games to have small number of heroes to be free pick. Every week set of free heroes changes. In this way newbs and old players are able to experience all beauty of game without grinding 24/7 or spending thousands of dollars just to try all heroes and never play 95% of them. What if this feature will be added in CB? Do you like it? Do you want it? DO YOU WANT IT?
Lets NOT talk about HOW it will be implemented in question of parts, tune up and so on. Just imagine that its done and done in a right way.

I see alot of success with moba-game model. You dont need to grind alot, its fun, competitive, you can play all day or 30 mins and still expirience full joy of game.
CB tends to be more fps, moba-game than classic rpg. But the fun is gone and ~300 online relfects it very well. Why? You have to grind alot. And still you cant ever experience even 1/10 of game without large sums of money involved. This fact by itself discourages players. You will never play all robots even if you can, you will never like all robots, but the fact you cant play them will kill you.
With weekly free set of robots its possible to experience all game content. Will it affect profits? Idk. But 300ppl online isn't very good business in my opinion. But even in small moba-games with weekly free set feature cash-shop makes enough money. It makes payers and non-payers happy. And you still benefit from spending money, because free set provides limited access to part of game content.
Back to top Go down
Arti
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Arti

Male Posts : 1204

PostSubject: Re: What would you say if Cyberstep released ...   What would you say if Cyberstep released ... EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 2:16 am

This would be pretty cool and enjoyable and stuff.

And I'm a paying player.
Back to top Go down
Priskern
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Priskern

Male Posts : 1142

PostSubject: Re: What would you say if Cyberstep released ...   What would you say if Cyberstep released ... EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 3:25 am

Non paying player will joy and celebrates
Low paying player will be glad.
Heavy spenders will rage.
Server support by non paying players
Paying player found themselve got no more unique stuff
Paying players leave the game.
C.S lose their profit and server uphold expenses.
CB shut down due to lack of fundings.
The end.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: What would you say if Cyberstep released ...   What would you say if Cyberstep released ... EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 3:53 am

priskern wrote:
The end.
lol CyberStep fucked no matter what they do.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: What would you say if Cyberstep released ...   What would you say if Cyberstep released ... EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 4:04 am

If they limited these bots performance wise and made them a limited time bot in a sense, and excluded rare gara bots, meaning UC players can get the odd silver/bronze bots such as Sigma Clock, Garulabird, Boildeck, ect. for a short amount of time (think 7 day RO cube, meaning you get an RO cube with the bot inside only lasting for 7 days, or possibly even 30 day RO cube)
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: What would you say if Cyberstep released ...   What would you say if Cyberstep released ... EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 4:22 am

Then again, considering that some of the more desirable bots in this game don't need customization to win(namely Ah-chan and the Vangs), people will just be content with renting them for free.

Then there's the fact that the bot will disappear after a few days, making whatever progress you have on it pointless. It'll just make it more of a hassle. OK, maybe there'll be an option where you can pay up some Rt to make it permanent, but then you'll be stuck with a gimped bot that you can't customize or tune and can only hold weapons.

Even if people would be OK with that, there's also the fact that the rooms would be flooded with Ah-chans, Vanguards and the like. Couple that with the fact that most people have a hard time fighting against them in the first place...
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: What would you say if Cyberstep released ...   What would you say if Cyberstep released ... EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 5:26 am

Renting would be nice, but at the end of the day, what Cyberstep really wants is to "earn" something from whatever goes in your garage permanently.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: What would you say if Cyberstep released ...   What would you say if Cyberstep released ... EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 11:34 am

rei_hunter wrote:
Renting would be nice, but at the end of the day, what Cyberstep really wants is to "earn" something from whatever goes in your garage permanently.
which is mostly rubbish
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

Male Posts : 1832

PostSubject: Re: What would you say if Cyberstep released ...   What would you say if Cyberstep released ... EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 1:10 pm

well what about this guys? u get one bot per month, parts can't be changed, it can be leveled and tuned tho

end of the month, bot gets taken, new bot comes. the tune parts, u get back. but only the succesful ones.
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: What would you say if Cyberstep released ...   What would you say if Cyberstep released ... EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 1:40 pm

amscray wrote:
well what about this guys? u get one bot per month, parts can't be changed, it can be leveled and tuned tho

end of the month, bot gets taken, new bot comes. the tune parts, u get back. but only the succesful ones.
how about no.
Back to top Go down
Turkeysaur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Turkeysaur

PostSubject: Re: What would you say if Cyberstep released ...   What would you say if Cyberstep released ... EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 1:41 pm

priskern wrote:
The end.

Dunno how spenders will rage at that, where we rage at CS releasing new content exclusively for Rt users in fact and I'm sure no Rt spender will leave because most of them like the game so much.

Turning Rt garas into UC garas will surely close the content gap (or removing UC->Rt Limit and setting a fixed perfectly convertible rate). Not like we get massive amounts of UC without grinding and/or abusing tickets in rate events.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: What would you say if Cyberstep released ...   What would you say if Cyberstep released ... EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 2:05 pm

Thing is, from what I've heard in LoL this leads to 80% of the players picking said Champion while they're free. I don't know about you but I would get very sick of arena very fast if each team was fifteen vanguards, ah-chans, EVEs, what-have-you.

What I would appreciate is some way to test new things before actually rolling for them. I'm sure plenty of people pour hundreds of dollars into getting something they think they want only to find they're terrible at it/dislike playing it. The EVE/Ouka/Princess missions were fairly nice for that, and also added something else for players to do in the game.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: What would you say if Cyberstep released ...   What would you say if Cyberstep released ... EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 2:20 pm

Suguri wrote:
Thing is, from what I've heard in LoL this leads to 80% of the players picking said Champion while they're free. I don't know about you but I would get very sick of arena very fast if each team was fifteen vanguards, ah-chans, EVEs, what-have-you.
A game like that will just make it even more boring than it already is. It's one thing to be bored eventually of the game. It's another if it's because the entire room consists of the same robot.

Quote :
What I would appreciate is some way to test new things before actually rolling for them. I'm sure plenty of people pour hundreds of dollars into getting something they think they want only to find they're terrible at it/dislike playing it. The EVE/Ouka/Princess missions were fairly nice for that, and also added something else for players to do in the game.
I miss those. You could even get some freebies out of them. Shame they stopped after Archer and the Princess.
Back to top Go down
james927
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: What would you say if Cyberstep released ...   What would you say if Cyberstep released ... EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm

I agree with Turkeysaur's point about the UC->RT feature. I think making the feature a little bit cheaper (either with fixed costs or a lower starting cost) would make it easier for non-paying players to get RT while still allowing players to pay and even get "free" RT at the same time. Fixed cost could be exploited probably with UC grinding, so a lower starting cost with the multiplier seems better.

Also, things like the Attendance campaigns are what have been keeping me playing. 10 free Ro cubes rocks! Though I wish they'd make it a 3 days/cube thing, not 15 days just to get one... since I've only played for 3 days during this campaign...

The main thing is CS can't just make one huge change. We might be able to persuade them to make smaller changes, like continuing attendance campaigns or adjusting the UC->RT feature; but if we get greedy and start asking for tons of free stuff we won't get anything.

Also, this game comes out with a lot more content than most other games I've played. Weekly updates (though it's mostly RT stuff) and constant events aren't something every game does so I'm just thankful we get that much.
Back to top Go down
LordShade
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
LordShade

Male Posts : 1236

PostSubject: Re: What would you say if Cyberstep released ...   What would you say if Cyberstep released ... EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 3:40 am

>constant events
>rehashes of the same events over and over and over and over

people cared about them?
Back to top Go down
Segawa
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Segawa

PostSubject: Re: What would you say if Cyberstep released ...   What would you say if Cyberstep released ... EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 5:08 am

rather than free set bots i was wondering what would happen if they started releasing parody bots.

Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

PostSubject: Re: What would you say if Cyberstep released ...   What would you say if Cyberstep released ... EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 7:51 am

Segawa wrote:
rather than free set bots i was wondering what would happen if they started releasing parody bots.

aint that thing wat we call chibis?
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/
Segawa
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Segawa

PostSubject: Re: What would you say if Cyberstep released ...   What would you say if Cyberstep released ... EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 1:11 am

Courius wrote:
Segawa wrote:

aint that thing wat we call chibis?

no i meant something like bots that resemble certain characters.... which ranges from famous actual people to famous anime characters.

like a Sephiroth bot Mad
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: What would you say if Cyberstep released ...   What would you say if Cyberstep released ... EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 1:15 am

I wouldn't care because I'd be bored
Back to top Go down
suzuru

Female Posts : 54

PostSubject: Re: What would you say if Cyberstep released ...   What would you say if Cyberstep released ... EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 1:40 am

ladidadida wrote:
But the fun is gone and ~300 online reflects it very well. Why? You have to grind alot. And still you cant ever experience even 1/10 of game without large sums of money involved. This fact by itself discourages players.

If one does not tune robots, that is very true.
Back to top Go down
Priskern
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Priskern

PostSubject: Re: What would you say if Cyberstep released ...   What would you say if Cyberstep released ... EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 1:51 am

Turkeysaur wrote:
priskern wrote:
The end.

Dunno how spenders will rage at that, where we rage at CS releasing new content exclusively for Rt users in fact and I'm sure no Rt spender will leave because most of them like the game so much.

Turning Rt garas into UC garas will surely close the content gap (or removing UC->Rt Limit and setting a fixed perfectly convertible rate). Not like we get massive amounts of UC without grinding and/or abusing tickets in rate events.

Let's say you paid few thousand (don't deny, people does that, it's just a matter of luck, and they may be the unlucky guys) and roll for a rare bot, the bot became free for all the next day (even if it's limited time period). If you tell me you won't rage, I will recommend you for a mental psychologist.
By the way,
[13:51:47] xzpwnz : edit that fucking post and tell suzurus that xz said hi
ww
Back to top Go down
nzlk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
nzlk

PostSubject: Re: What would you say if Cyberstep released ...   What would you say if Cyberstep released ... EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 2:36 am

priskern wrote:

Let's say you paid few thousand (don't deny, people does that, it's just a matter of luck, and they may be the unlucky guys) and roll for a rare bot, the bot became free for all the next day (even if it's limited time period). If you tell me you won't rage, I will recommend you for a mental psychologist.

So everyone gets to use the rare bot for a day, then after that it'll be back to you and the ones who rolled having it. This is a reason to rage, why? People must be really petty and selfish if someone else's (temporary) use of something somehow violates you and causes you to rage.
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: What would you say if Cyberstep released ...   What would you say if Cyberstep released ... EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 3:22 am

I would prefer a challenge bot for the month. You get a cube and have to do X to open it, and get that month's welfare bot. The challenge should be related to the bot, like sword master if it's a melee bot, ect. At the same time, these should be new bots you can't get by other means (excluding cubes). That way, everyone spender or not has a reason to at least give it a try every now and then.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: What would you say if Cyberstep released ...   What would you say if Cyberstep released ... EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 3:32 am

Simple solution to the "People getting rare moe bots monthly and people who paid for it raging" being the fact that they dont offer those bots. They offer the almost in a sense bronze/silver ball bots being the ones that are somewhat overlooked, such as Sigma Clock, Boildeck, Psycho Formula, Hound Dog, Butterflea, Lobguyz, ect. None of the bots above are potentially game breaking, and each has a unique gimmick to it, making them able to spark UC player's interest while toying with them for the set amount of time.
Back to top Go down
Priskern
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Priskern

PostSubject: Re: What would you say if Cyberstep released ...   What would you say if Cyberstep released ... EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 7:33 pm

nzlk wrote:
priskern wrote:

So everyone gets to use the rare bot for a day, then after that it'll be back to you and the ones who rolled having it. This is a reason to rage, why? People must be really petty and selfish if someone else's (temporary) use of something somehow violates you and causes you to rage.

Of course, You pay for an item the item get release for free the next day. It's practically scamming. It WON'T be a problem if it were to be free INITIALLY which then make people pay to own it permanently. But if this goes the other way round, it's absolutely wrong. Why do you think nintendo's 3ds get a worst sale record and their stock kaboom AFTER they do a major price deduction? Because all people whom bought it prior to the sale feel cheated, and nobody trust what nintendo is going to do in near future immediately after psv to be released soon for fear of another event like this. If this would to happen in CB, major paying player will go bye bye sooner or later like I said on previous post.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What would you say if Cyberstep released ...   What would you say if Cyberstep released ... Empty

Back to top Go down

What would you say if Cyberstep released ...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next