Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag?

Go down 
+7
Retrias
BNOISE
reVelske
boytitan2
Nymph~
necrio
pipcard
11 posters
AuthorMessage
pipcard
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
pipcard

Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag? Empty
PostSubject: Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag?   Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag? EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 11:52 pm

I'm not going to bother with building.
Back to top Go down

Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag?   Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag? EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 12:20 am

Yes, if you know where to look.
No, if you don't.
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag?   Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag? EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 1:33 am

try acer, they sell computers absurdly cheap compared to all other brands, for the same spec.

I got core i5 with geforce gt 520m and 4gb of ram laptop for just over $600, $500 might get you something with a bit lower spec but capable of playing CB.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag?   Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag? EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 2:15 am

It's often not the computer that causes lag, it's more of an ISP issue.
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag?   Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag? EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 9:15 am

^
and to avoid graphical lag, make sure u have decent IGP (it is rare built in PC have discrete VGA for less than $500, well, any $40 VGA cards is more than sufficient), new amd is your best bet, have strongest IGP at the moment, for CPU I think all new processor in last 2 year able to do the job nicely, for ram, make sure u have at least 2 GB, CB eat 800 MB for it's own process on "high" memory setting, memory are cheap anyway (just bought 16 GB RAM for $100)
Back to top Go down
pipcard
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
pipcard

PostSubject: Re: Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag?   Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag? EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 12:43 pm

LXE wrote:
Yes, if you know where to look.
No, if you don't.
So where should I look?

My 5-year-old laptop has an 1.60 GHz processor (Intel Celeron M 420), with 504 MB of RAM and a display adapter (one of those mobile express chipsets).

CB freezes sometimes, especially in full rooms, because the CPU and page file usage is too high.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

PostSubject: Re: Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag?   Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag? EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 1:25 pm

rin cb doesent used resoures from gaphics cards, ITS JAVA WHICH IS EVIL AND PART OF WHY THE GAMES INCOMPATIBLE AND FUCKING SUCKS.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag?   Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag? EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 2:02 pm

I can run CB on a P4 + 7800GTX just fine, some frame rate issue that may affect my performance and aiming but nothing that kills the gaming experience completely, and this setup is, eh, over 7 years old? So... eh, yeah, anything i3 and above and any recent graphics card should run this game fine.
Back to top Go down
pipcard
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
pipcard

PostSubject: Re: Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag?   Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag? EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 2:27 pm

boytitan2 wrote:
rin cb doesent used resoures from gaphics cards, ITS JAVA WHICH IS EVIL AND PART OF WHY THE GAMES INCOMPATIBLE AND FUCKING SUCKS.

Oh, like Minecraft? (I want a new computer so I can play that, too)
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag?   Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag? EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 3:42 pm

My understanding is

Processor - i5+ or Core 2 duo +
Graphics card - made in the year of 2008+ (basically meaning it just has to be recent)
Ram - 2.0 GB+ will work great if you can make sure you aren't over working you comp by running too many programs at the same time.

Most computers at the $500 cost range will have all these things.
Given it is on sale. Especially if it is Black Friday.

If the computer you are buying isn't on sale and is less than $600, it might be bad though.
Really depends on your store.
But for a place like Bestbuy, a $600 computer that is not on sale, meaning it is like $400 on sale will probably not make the cut. You will lag.

This being for laptops. How I know this? I am using that $600 dollar laptop computer from Best Buy and it lags.
Back to top Go down
pipcard
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
pipcard

PostSubject: Re: Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag?   Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag? EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 6:11 pm

I'm looking for a desktop computer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag?   Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag? EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 6:48 pm

Unfortunately, I do not know where you live or any good computer shops around where you live so I can't determine the price of the computer.
If you build the computer yourself, it would be better because store bought off to shelf computers tend to me more expensive compared to a computer with similar specs which you have built yourself.

If you're lazy, you can go to a computer repair store and ask them to build it for you for a price.
Back to top Go down
pipcard
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
pipcard

PostSubject: Re: Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag?   Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag? EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 7:14 pm

LXE wrote:
Unfortunately, I do not know where you live or any good computer shops around where you live so I can't determine the price of the computer.
If you build the computer yourself, it would be better because store bought off to shelf computers tend to me more expensive compared to a computer with similar specs which you have built yourself.

If you're lazy, you can go to a computer repair store and ask them to build it for you for a price.

Well, I heard that pre-built computers cost less because they're pre-built, while other sources say that pre-built gives you "more bang for your buck" because you can customize them. I'm only 15 (going on 16), and don't want to build my own computer because I'm worried that the parts may not work together right. I don't have the know-how nor the time to build my own PC. I live in 94080. There's an Office Depot and a Best Buy nearby.

I want something that can play CB and Minecraft at normal settings as well as record them with capture software (so I can join the many Minecrafters on Youtube). No high-end Alienware stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag?   Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag? EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 7:25 pm

I've always wanted to build my own computer since I was 15, no money... #em5
But then I burnt it all on RT. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Retrias
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Retrias

PostSubject: Re: Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag?   Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag? EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 6:08 am

you are in the US pipcard? Try newegg
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Male Posts : 2811

PostSubject: Re: Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag?   Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag? EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 6:14 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHR2vXgJJcE

I think so.
Back to top Go down
pipcard
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
pipcard

PostSubject: Re: Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag?   Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag? EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 12:21 pm

Tuskin wrote:

I think so.

I think that's a special case as it's probably hard to find those parts at a bargain price.

Retrias wrote:

What do you think about this?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229254
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Male Posts : 2811

PostSubject: Re: Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag?   Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag? EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 12:00 am

pipcard wrote:
Tuskin wrote:

I think so.

I think that's a special case as it's probably hard to find those parts at a bargain price.[/url]

That rig must be cheaper now.
Back to top Go down
pipcard
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
pipcard

PostSubject: Re: Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag?   Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag? EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 7:47 pm

Tuskin wrote:
pipcard wrote:
Tuskin wrote:

I think so.

I think that's a special case as it's probably hard to find those parts at a bargain price.[/url]

Just remember, I'm only 15, and I don't have the time to learn to build, find parts, and assemble the computer.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag?   Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag? EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 9:57 pm

pipcard wrote:
Tuskin wrote:
pipcard wrote:

Just remember, I'm only 15, and I don't have the time to learn to build, find parts, and assemble the computer.

get someone to do it for you.

It only takes a day or so to learn how to anyway
Back to top Go down
Retrias
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Retrias

PostSubject: Re: Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag?   Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag? EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 3:34 pm

pipcard wrote:
Tuskin wrote:

I think so.

I think that's a special case as it's probably hard to find those parts at a bargain price.

Retrias wrote:

What do you think about this?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229254

Eh good enough, I used to have a shittier comp, just remember that today that rig will be cheaper, asked for their current deal
Back to top Go down
Emeraldsun
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Emeraldsun

Male Posts : 385

PostSubject: Re: Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag?   Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag? EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 4:26 pm

pipcard wrote:
Tuskin wrote:
pipcard wrote:

My 16 year old younger brother just finished building a 900$ desktop that he completely paid for on his own.
He says it just takes a bit of learning, I don't know anything about this stuff though.
I'm just using a 500$ laptop that can't even run Vindictus at medium settings.

Then again...most of my gaming is on consoles. :V
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/robert.reeves.3591
wonjoon
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
wonjoon

Female Posts : 782

PostSubject: Re: Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag?   Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag? EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 12:19 am

Any current desktop, laptop, and netbook are more than capable of running CosmicBreak.
Requirement for CB isn't even anywhere near high(is actually pretty low), hack even $200 netbook can run it at highest settings possible.
I think lag is caused by game itself, rather than computer, because I have 25Mbps download speed and I still lag time to time(I don't lag in CBJP).
Back to top Go down
pipcard
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
pipcard

PostSubject: Re: Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag?   Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag? EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 9:51 am

wonjoon wrote:
Any current desktop, laptop, and netbook are more than capable of running CosmicBreak.
Requirement for CB isn't even anywhere near high(is actually pretty low), hack even $200 netbook can run it at highest settings possible.
I think lag is caused by game itself, rather than computer, because I have 25Mbps download speed and I still lag time to time(I don't lag in CBJP).

But my laptop is 5 years old, has 504 MB RAM, 1.6 GHz Celeron M processor, and an integrated graphics processor. So that's probably causing the freezes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag?   Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are most $500 (or cheaper) computers today capable of running CB without lag?
Page 1 of 1