Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ignition Sword and Huge Gatling.... :)

Go down 
+8
Raven
Courius
Nisa
xzpwnz
Hyoka
Fireflywater
Astral_Dono
CapeMike
12 posters
AuthorMessage
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

Ignition Sword and Huge Gatling....  :) Empty
PostSubject: Ignition Sword and Huge Gatling.... :)   Ignition Sword and Huge Gatling....  :) EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 11:06 pm

My main account got the Ignition Sword on a single roll of the new Weapon Gara, and my alt Dos account(GokaiDream) got the Huge Gatling, also via single roll.... Very Happy

Obviously, I'm a bit disappointed with the sword, given my total ineptitude with melee, but there has GOT to be something I can do with it...it seems to have good reach, damage, and combo potential, and I don't even have a Baron to bring out it's full ability...so for now, it's on a Shino/Squealer hybrid(minus the squealer arms as I'm no good with them)...I'll take suggestions for what to do with it, but -please- be serious/gentle...much as I hate melee, I'd still like to at least get past remedial melee for dummies withOUT having to right-click spam....

The Huge Gatling, meanwhile, promptly went onto a Saggi Max...mmm...bullet hell.... Very Happy Any ideas on how I should tune that big gun??
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: Ignition Sword and Huge Gatling.... :)   Ignition Sword and Huge Gatling....  :) EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 11:09 pm

CapeMike wrote:
The Huge Gatling, meanwhile, promptly went onto a Saggi Max...mmm...bullet hell.... Very Happy Any ideas on how I should tune that big gun??
>Put on a Shino.
>Hop with Shino.
>???
>Profit.
Back to top Go down
Fireflywater
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Fireflywater

Male Posts : 1220

PostSubject: Re: Ignition Sword and Huge Gatling.... :)   Ignition Sword and Huge Gatling....  :) EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 11:10 pm

Ignition sword will remove burn effect and throw it on the sword when used. As soon as you slash, really far and wide flame wall thing. Purely self defense. Won't work as M2 spamming baron anyway.

Huge Gatling, best handheld gatling. Tune for force (Thanks to Alpherior's gatling thread in commu). But spray. Gatlings are decent anti-air. Well rounded.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Ignition Sword and Huge Gatling.... :)   Ignition Sword and Huge Gatling....  :) EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 11:11 pm

Astral_Goddess wrote:
CapeMike wrote:
>Put on a Shino.
>Hop with Shino.
>Tune huge gatling with 2x great rapid (beta?)
>Profit.

Fixed.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Ignition Sword and Huge Gatling.... :)   Ignition Sword and Huge Gatling....  :) EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 11:18 pm

Astral_Goddess wrote:
CapeMike wrote:
>Put on a Shino.
>Hop with Shino.
>???
>Profit.

Just 2 issues....

1st, I don't have a Shino yet on that acct....

...and 2nd, I canNOT hop to save my life...took me 3-4 matches, using test bots, before I was even able to hit a moving target while in mid-hop...so yeah, Short Boost is right out...in fact, ANY movement cart, aside from Boost Run, I still have little to no skill with.... Sad

I tend to do better with larger, slower bots, anyway. *sad shrug* ...I do appreciate the idea though...anything else?
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: Ignition Sword and Huge Gatling.... :)   Ignition Sword and Huge Gatling....  :) EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 11:39 pm

Huge gat with force and x2 great rapid beta
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Ignition Sword and Huge Gatling.... :)   Ignition Sword and Huge Gatling....  :) EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 2:12 am

Don't put the gatling on saggi.

saggi only needs his core.
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

PostSubject: Re: Ignition Sword and Huge Gatling.... :)   Ignition Sword and Huge Gatling....  :) EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 2:55 am

if you cant bear on frontlines with that gattlings, be snipers, tune triple great range (or maybe 2 great range and 1 great rapid) ,find some high place, and start rain em with your Blessi- i mean , lead...

ignition sword isnt that good if isnt blazed baron who use it... but maybe good option to rid burn status when you stepped on fire traps... im not a good mele person tho... so i cant think otherwise...
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/

PostSubject: Re: Ignition Sword and Huge Gatling.... :)   Ignition Sword and Huge Gatling....  :) EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 3:03 am

Do not tune rapid on gatlings. The TGH reduction will kill off your damage.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: Ignition Sword and Huge Gatling.... :)   Ignition Sword and Huge Gatling....  :) EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 3:17 am

LXE wrote:

Wat. Faster bullet speed so you hit more with less spray.

No one said you had to hold M1 for the entire INT on one target. Hold M1, see first damage number, release, repeat.
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: Ignition Sword and Huge Gatling.... :)   Ignition Sword and Huge Gatling....  :) EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 3:26 am

LXE wrote:
i thought bullet speed doesn't have to do with TGH, interval is Sleep
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Male Posts : 649

PostSubject: Re: Ignition Sword and Huge Gatling.... :)   Ignition Sword and Huge Gatling....  :) EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 4:17 am

Interval is how long it takes for a weapon to cool down before you start shooting with another main weapon again. Its got nothing to do with the initial rate of fire for most weapons.
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

PostSubject: Re: Ignition Sword and Huge Gatling.... :)   Ignition Sword and Huge Gatling....  :) EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 4:25 am

the rapid is for bullet traveling speed, compensate the longer range... it not really that nessesary, but if you dont like your shoot keep missing, this one could help...

and to begin with, gattlings isnt really have good punch, it moer about quantity than quality... so tuning force kinda uh... im moer prefer if you dont like rapid, tune Break on it...
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: Ignition Sword and Huge Gatling.... :)   Ignition Sword and Huge Gatling....  :) EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 4:42 am

Nymph~ wrote:
LXE wrote:
It doesn't
Speed doesn't affect intervals
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: Ignition Sword and Huge Gatling.... :)   Ignition Sword and Huge Gatling....  :) EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 5:13 am

Shaftronics wrote:
Interval is how long it takes for a weapon to cool down before you start shooting with another main weapon again. Its got nothing to do with the initial rate of fire for most weapons.
so..
what stat show "interval" betwen shot a.k.a rate of fire
i think int 200 weapon able to shoot 5 bullets/second while int 500 only able to shoot 2 bullets/second
ignoring charge time (which never stated unless on desc)
and i think, tgh reduction is based how much damage u got hit/TGH coldown

xzpwnz wrote:
Nymph~ wrote:
LXE wrote:
It doesn't
Speed doesn't affect intervals
what i said is interval affect TGH reduction

Courius wrote:

and to begin with, gattlings isnt really have good punch, it moer about quantity than quality... so tuning force kinda uh... im moer prefer if you dont like rapid, tune Break on it...
tune ordinary force, got > 10% increased damage for 10 cost, one rapid and one paralizer if can fit the cost imo
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Male Posts : 649

PostSubject: Re: Ignition Sword and Huge Gatling.... :)   Ignition Sword and Huge Gatling....  :) EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 6:21 am

If you wanna find out rate of fire, go time yourself. Lol. See how much ammo you burn through in 3 seconds or 5, then maybe divide that into per second.

Its not that hard to figure out.
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: Ignition Sword and Huge Gatling.... :)   Ignition Sword and Huge Gatling....  :) EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 6:28 am

idk man, all of the 200 int guns out there fire at the same exact rate of fire
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ignition Sword and Huge Gatling.... :)   Ignition Sword and Huge Gatling....  :) EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 6:30 am

I stand corrected, Somebody told me that TGH reduction kills damage, guess not.
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: Ignition Sword and Huge Gatling.... :)   Ignition Sword and Huge Gatling....  :) EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 7:08 am

LXE wrote:
I stand corrected, Somebody told me that TGH reduction kills damage, guess not.
on consecutive dmg iirc
on 1st hit 0 TGH and 40 TGH will receive exact same damage, and TGH reduction is percent based, kicking harder on HIGH damage than small one, faster attack than slower one, correct me if i wrong cuz it takes a lot of bullet to reduce gatling damage from 9 to 1 , but seeing fencer damage reduced heavily per swing is common even thought gatlings do more hit/second
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: Ignition Sword and Huge Gatling.... :)   Ignition Sword and Huge Gatling....  :) EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 8:55 pm

Like you said TGH reduction is by percent; the higher the force, the more damage you take off per consecutive hit. It's honestly not a very hard concept to grasp. It will take a while for a gatling gun to lose more damage over time per bullet; but how can you tell? Unless you were shooting a full clip and the damage went to say 15 damage instead of your normal say 40-50, you can't tell simply because CB won't be spitting back your weapon dmg numbers without lagging and just combining them all into one huge 2 digit number.

That being said though Mike, you should give hopping a second try (or third..or fourth; trust me, it's a hard boat to climb onto initially, but after a while, you'll do it quite effortlessly. That, and you don't have to necessarily hop while you shoot ALL THE TIME). Shino is the best bot to do it with for L hoppers (well, you don't have to in this case, because huge gatling has rather low force, and thus you don't need as a high a TEC requirement to get max damage), but you can try to use a Red Squealer instead. The cart step can save you from your own mistakes sometmies (given you're not stunned out of the animation first), and it's still an easy to get L sized bot that you might already have. If not, then I guess you hafta save whatever unholy amount it was of UC (considering most bots in there anyways) to get a UC shino. Best part is though, you don't want to have her using her default parts (well save her AM maybe); so you don't hafta necessarily worry about slots there.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ignition Sword and Huge Gatling.... :)   Ignition Sword and Huge Gatling....  :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Ignition Sword and Huge Gatling.... :)
Page 1 of 1