Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Misleading range.

Go down 
+2
Hyoka
God is a Cat Girl
6 posters
AuthorMessage
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

Misleading range. Empty
PostSubject: Misleading range.   Misleading range. EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 10:31 am

That.
I have a railgun and DG with 4x EIW. Both weapons have the same range, but missiles lock-on before the Railgun can.

Misleading range. ScreenShot_20110929_1449_59_840
In the pic I'm standing still, but only 1 of the weapons locked on the target. :/
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

Misleading range. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misleading range.   Misleading range. EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 11:03 am

Mainweps don't lock on at max range
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

Misleading range. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misleading range.   Misleading range. EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 11:33 am

Then the range stat is just useless on main weapons like missiles, because range =/= Lock-on range, and range =/= actual weapon range?

No wonder most of my weapons seem to have 150 range instead of 250.
Back to top Go down
bippusuta
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
bippusuta

Male Posts : 163

Misleading range. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misleading range.   Misleading range. EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 1:16 pm

You can damage things outside of lock-on range. Try it on a tree sometime, back up until you are just out of lock range and shoot and you'll see damage number pop-up.
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

Misleading range. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misleading range.   Misleading range. EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 2:52 pm

I sniped an EVE outside my saggy lock-on range, it was in temple site, so i pretty much could pick anyone which standing on floating platform, maybe EVEs is the only bots unable to snipe without lock-on, need lock-on for moar damage and gigantic projectil lol
Back to top Go down
Klinkin
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Klinkin

Male Posts : 227

Misleading range. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misleading range.   Misleading range. EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 4:10 pm

Lock-ons also persist after a robot has left the maximum range of a weapon. Really, the whole lock-on aiming system is crap, and most weapons seem to have very arbitrary (and short) maximum ranges.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

Misleading range. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misleading range.   Misleading range. EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 4:42 pm

Subwep range is 40 longer than what's listed.

Or was it 30...
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

Misleading range. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misleading range.   Misleading range. EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 12:29 am

bippusuta wrote:
You can damage things outside of lock-on range. Try it on a tree sometime, back up until you are just out of lock range and shoot and you'll see damage number pop-up.
Yeah, I know, but on the pic for example, sub locked on, but main wouldn't even reach the barrier. Yes, I tried to shot it, no good.

Some weapons are annoying because they vanish right away. Though the targeting kinda of sucks anyway.
Muchi still has someone on lock-on, but shots won't reach them. Sure I have plenty of ammo to waste (in this case), but it's still annoying. :/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Misleading range. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misleading range.   Misleading range. Empty

Back to top Go down

Misleading range.
Page 1 of 1