Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Arcantus - Okay or lacking something?

Go down 
+12
MicroVolts
Courius
SilverySil
Sivaschin
Klinkin
rei_hunter
Kirika
Malphes
FenixStryk
griffen
Suguri
God is a Cat Girl
16 posters
AuthorMessage
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

Arcantus - Okay or lacking something? Empty
PostSubject: Arcantus - Okay or lacking something?   Arcantus - Okay or lacking something? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 5:18 pm

Most of the time I go to Arcantus to farm something, but well, the drop rate isn't anything lovable.

The treasures is a really good part of it, but then, besides that, Arcantus feels like a huge wasteland devoid of life. I mean, players.

At some point, I can't even figure out what is the reason why Arcantus exists and it's so big.
Treasures rarely go to the 4th outpost when you are collecting them, unless you don't want to restart and want to search them further in. Mats? Besides Power Amps, the drop rate is terribad, even for a MMO. Even then, 10 power amps in 1 hour (BTW, not counting with tickets)? To go to a pot that kills my parts, mats and money so damn often?
I don't mind parts being as rare, but it's the mats that get me.

IMO, Arcantus looks like a generic place to farm mats, but it doesn't seem to "act" like one. So, I think that it would add some "value" to it if they pumped the mats drop rate a little bit. Mostly mats that aren't Power Amps, since Power amps seem to be what drops the most, anything else feels so damn rare.

So, yeah, discuss.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Arcantus - Okay or lacking something?   Arcantus - Okay or lacking something? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 5:27 pm

Main reasons I see to go to arc are

-3s parts (namely tentrion and build arm parts for me)
-3s weapons (custom magnum, eight vulcan, handy magnum, beam gun, to name a few good ones)
-Crim food (you can easily get loads of crim points feeding her blocky bds, squealer parts in general, and several other things from arc)
Back to top Go down
griffen
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
griffen

PostSubject: Re: Arcantus - Okay or lacking something?   Arcantus - Okay or lacking something? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 5:59 pm

Treasure hunting for some quick uc every week or crim points for mats that doesn't drop often in the quest.
Back to top Go down
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

Male Posts : 382

PostSubject: Re: Arcantus - Okay or lacking something?   Arcantus - Okay or lacking something? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 6:12 pm

Biggest beefs with Arc:
1) Treasure system. Can't get certain treasures if we don't have the right quest, can't get the same treasure twice from two boxes. Why can't it just be a flat UC reward per treasure type? It's obtuse as all hell.
2) Bosses and rare spawns are garbage. If they had a guaranteed part drop, perhaps it would feel more rewarding, but all they hand out is 50 UC per kill and maybe a bit. Rubbish.
3) It never gets hard, and it has an end. Even on the second loop, if you spent your time gathering cards, everything is a joke to kill. A tuneless UC Izuna with two WBGs and some spare ammo/HP kits completely bulldozes, no effort required. It's mindless.

I would go to Arc a hell of a lot more if they buffed up the drop rate, changed the drops table and made it a Survival mode with no end. Leaderboards would actually mean something then.
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: Arcantus - Okay or lacking something?   Arcantus - Okay or lacking something? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 6:45 pm

severely lacking.
Back to top Go down
Kirika
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kirika

PostSubject: Re: Arcantus - Okay or lacking something?   Arcantus - Okay or lacking something? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 7:01 pm

Arcantus:

The xp is pointless (do monsters even count as 1 xp?)
The drop rates are bad (and also never change)
UC gain is slow
Treasures are impossible to search for unless someone's already mapped (or at least, too time consuming to be worth while)
0 Rank gain.

The main three gains most players are concerned with (Xp, UC, Rank) are nearly non existent -3- I usually go to Arcantus to cool off, esp since I'm a bigger fan of PvE than PvP (I know, I know, I'm playing a PvP game and all @.@)

I think Arcantus would be more fun if they added in actual treasure gain from the chests. For example, the treasure chest contains quest items normally. How about if you already have the item, or don't require it from that chest, it could drop 100-500 UC, or a part drop from that area? Then, treasure hunting might be more worth while for the time input? More common mat drops would be awesome as well. And Monsters being worth 1-5xp, each, and bosses being worth 10-50xp ?_?

Idk, right now it just seems like Arcantus is a fun waste of time. But it's just that, a waste T.T
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: Arcantus - Okay or lacking something?   Arcantus - Okay or lacking something? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 7:38 pm

Arcantus is really the way people should start. By spending time in Arcantus, you can build your bots and parts a bit more.

Although i'd like to see this improvements
- Mob Zone - Just like in C21, it spawns a massive amount of medium difficulty wild bots at an area every few minutes.
- Tickets A) ABle to turn on tickets whilst inside Arcantus.
- Tickets B) Able to see and monitor tickets while they are working. w/ a Timer or a % Gauge.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
Klinkin
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Klinkin

Male Posts : 227

PostSubject: Re: Arcantus - Okay or lacking something?   Arcantus - Okay or lacking something? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 7:43 pm

Maybe if they made it an actual challenge (instance it, maybe, and make you use some sort of detector to hunt down treasure) instead of just a grindfest and make the rewards worthwile, Arcantus would be fun. As it is, you can't even use the treasures for anything besides turing in for a bit of spare cash.

Speaking of Arcantus, it is a real grind unless it's been mapped for you. I've noticed Koi-sama's Arcantus Route Mapper hasn't updated in several weeks; anyone know anything about that?
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Arcantus - Okay or lacking something?   Arcantus - Okay or lacking something? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 8:12 pm

Since people mentioned bosses. Yes, their rewards are lame, but even worse is how sometimes the boss is weaker than the normal key bearers. :/
Another problem that I see with bosses is the only thing that can make them "bosses", is that some are faster and inflict status like slow or the ammo waste one (I forget them name).
IMO, they shouldn't call that bosses, and had something more like the bosses from missions, that is more interesting that Arcantus bosses.

Some areas need to have more mobs. I've spend 9 minutes in an area that had like... 20 mobs max. So empty when I was going through the red gates.

Yeah, UC gain is pretty slow. Around 1k in 1 hour? A bit more, maybe less, it depends.

I didn't got any 3s parts... yesterday? After more than 4 hours. Though I wasn't looking for that.

The drop table for each area is pretty limited, for the mats that is so. Like, I kill everything in my way, in the end of each area, the mats that I got were distributed like, 60%/30%/10%.
60% of the mats were Power Amps (12)
30% of the mats were something else that I forget now (6)
10% of the mats were red chips (2)

This is just an example, and that's a pretty good run based on how arcantus is right now, though when you think about it, it's basically 1 hour only for that, it's not all that good.
Of course you get extras that you can trade for points, though it's a shame that you can't trade every part/item.

If you want other mats, you need to go further in, but the drop rate/table doesn't seem to make it worthy. :/
Back to top Go down
Sivaschin
Sivaschin

PostSubject: Re: Arcantus - Okay or lacking something?   Arcantus - Okay or lacking something? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 9:04 pm

arcantus for CBen is very bad

time spent barely worth

can get anything from arena or super uc garapon
Back to top Go down
SilverySil
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SilverySil

Female Posts : 508

PostSubject: Re: Arcantus - Okay or lacking something?   Arcantus - Okay or lacking something? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 9:31 pm

turn it into what the feilds were like in C21. And throw in the dungeons and bosses. .-. only way it would be any good.
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

PostSubject: Re: Arcantus - Okay or lacking something?   Arcantus - Okay or lacking something? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 9:46 pm

SilverySil wrote:
turn it into what the feilds were like in C21. And throw in the dungeons and bosses. .-. only way it would be any good.
dungeon and bosses serve by Bastagant Planet Challenge...

imo... RID THAT FREAKIN DAMN TIMER... ME WANT GRIND MAH GRANDUM IN PEACE!!!
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/
Kirika
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kirika

PostSubject: Re: Arcantus - Okay or lacking something?   Arcantus - Okay or lacking something? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 11:00 pm

Ooooo, I know XD Set it up almost like a Disgaea map, where it has never ending randomized areas (perhaps set up like a C21 field map), with randomly inserted dungeons on occasion that you could optionally go through (again, similar to a c21 dungeon?)!

Sadly, such changes will never occur V.V

Courius wrote:

This too. I hate being timed T.T (of course, I use Arcantus to unwind, like I said earlier...)
Back to top Go down
MicroVolts
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
MicroVolts

Male Posts : 100

PostSubject: Re: Arcantus - Okay or lacking something?   Arcantus - Okay or lacking something? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 11:06 pm

On my part, I'd say there shud be a high difficulty boss spwning at random area in arcantus that has good chance of dropping good parts/rare acc. Sth similar to bastagant but more unpredictable but harder to obtain. Ppl may frequent arcantus more and spam clan chat/friendlist for help if they find the boss :>
Back to top Go down
SilverySil
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SilverySil

Female Posts : 508

PostSubject: Re: Arcantus - Okay or lacking something?   Arcantus - Okay or lacking something? EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 3:05 am

Courius wrote:
SilverySil wrote:
dungeon and bosses serve by Bastagant Planet Challenge...

duneons are the boss battles yes, but the arcantus fields should be like in C21, where you can "free-roam" around everywhere with no time limit.
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: Arcantus - Okay or lacking something?   Arcantus - Okay or lacking something? EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 4:06 am

Yes, i want that timer removed Surprised....

well anyways, Arcantus is a good place to farm Lotto Cubes
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
Scott-kip
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Scott-kip

Male Posts : 941

PostSubject: Re: Arcantus - Okay or lacking something?   Arcantus - Okay or lacking something? EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 7:33 am

rei_hunter wrote:
Yes, i want that timer removed Surprised....

well anyways, Arcantus is a good place to farm Lotto Cubes

I only got 1 while playing with a friend.
And that 1 time I fell off the cliff it was on and didnt make it back in time QQ.

Anyway, yea its lacking alot.
And errr... when are the Arcantus Tables going to be updated?
Back to top Go down
Stickboy
Master Poster
Master Poster
Stickboy

Male Posts : 2971

PostSubject: Re: Arcantus - Okay or lacking something?   Arcantus - Okay or lacking something? EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 8:02 am

It's fine for me. Though I rarely go there, spending most of my time in arena.

Still, it's good for farming Crimpoints~
Back to top Go down
SkyPanic
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SkyPanic

Male Posts : 775

PostSubject: Re: Arcantus - Okay or lacking something?   Arcantus - Okay or lacking something? EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 10:14 am

what it lack of ?

less of awesome stuff, not enough interesting to go farming
and berz 1* beat arcantus at farming tune up materials and chip
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

PostSubject: Re: Arcantus - Okay or lacking something?   Arcantus - Okay or lacking something? EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 11:52 am

well... for CBEN , better go low star bastagant if lookin for mats since there's no need Bastagant ticket...

in JP... only arcantus ...except you willingly buy alot bastagant ticket from bazaar , which priced around 5k-10k ea
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/
Arti
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Arti

Male Posts : 1204

PostSubject: Re: Arcantus - Okay or lacking something?   Arcantus - Okay or lacking something? EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 12:22 pm

Scott-kip wrote:
And errr... when are the Arcantus Tables going to be updated?
They haven't been updated since late August, so I assume Koi's just given up on them.
Just use the wiki, the Arc page is probably the only one I know of that's kept up to date.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arcantus - Okay or lacking something?   Arcantus - Okay or lacking something? Empty

Back to top Go down

Arcantus - Okay or lacking something?
Page 1 of 1