Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Arcantus Cartographers

Go down 
+8
RoboFranky
Knight
Etherlight
rei_hunter
NovaZero
xzpwnz
Hyoka
Heavier
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Heavier

Arcantus Cartographers Empty
PostSubject: Arcantus Cartographers   Arcantus Cartographers EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 11:59 pm

Contrary to popular belief, the quickest way to earn UC is not through arena. It is through RT. Go to the shop -> items -> 20,000 UC for 50 RT conversion -> Profit? YES SIR!

Okay LOL, I kid, I kid, please don’t kill me in arena (in America!) I would not recommend that option even if you were more than financially capable.

However, there is truth to what I have just said and I am here to elaborate on it. The fastest way to earn UC is through Arcantus. After maintenance several things are reset, of which one of them includes Arcantus. In Arcantus, players have the opportunity to obtain treasures, which when completed give the exact UC value of the displayed treasure. Depending on your rank, more or less treasures are available per maintenance. If you prefer to utilize your time efficiently, then I urge you to read on.

Why Participate? What’s in it for me?

Spoiler:

What are we doing this for?

Spoiler:

Who are you looking for? Should I participate?

Spoiler:

When can we start making big money? Tell me about the logistics!

Spoiler:

Where shall we meet?

Spoiler:

How shall we go about this?

Spoiler:

So if you managed to read all that I have mentioned and it still sounds like something you’ll want to do, give me a heads-up by posting on this thread! Any feedback, comments and constructive criticism is also welcome! So please, let’s get this party started! We want this to be as fun and as user-friendly as possible. The path we choose is our own! Let’s make it an enjoyable one! Further clarifications will be made as more people make commitments.

Bonus for Maintenance Week 3-10
Spoiler:

Last edited by Heavier on Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:20 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Arcantus Cartographers   Arcantus Cartographers EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 12:10 am

Repeating treasure gives you less and less rewards, thus Arena is still king.

._.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: Arcantus Cartographers   Arcantus Cartographers EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 12:35 am

20 minutes in bastagant? And only 1.5k uc?
You and/or your party are horrible questers
Btw pro questers have a higher rate in uc than in arena
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: Arcantus Cartographers   Arcantus Cartographers EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 12:46 am

Hyoka wrote:
Repeating treasure gives you less and less rewards, thus Arena is still king.

._.
10% of the value, to be exact, but who would do that?

Quest treasures locations update by the week.

Also, you get different treasure requests with bigger rewards the higher your rank.

If your rank is high, it's very possible to earn over 40k UC in 1-2 hours. Maybe less, if you're a good speed runner. Of course, you have to wait a week for the treasure lists to reset, but hey, it's good for a quick buck.

The main problem is finding a team of people willing to keep and maintain a constantly updating list of treasure locations.
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: Arcantus Cartographers   Arcantus Cartographers EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 12:56 am

Just create a way for Catographers to input data in...

Easy way to foretell what Treasure is in a Specific Area.
Area Keys and where gates Lead to. that kind of jazz.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
Heavier

PostSubject: Re: Arcantus Cartographers   Arcantus Cartographers EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 1:33 am

@Hyoka Thanks for the feedback! That's the one misconception I belief most people would have made so I'm glad you delivered! xD

While it is true arena will net the most weekly income for any player, no one is capable of playing 24/7. So therefore, logistically, each player has to plan out their week of gaming time. This time will fundamentally be split between Arena, Quests, and Missions. Whether they are aware of this is completely up to them. Furthermore, what you have stated is a fact. After you complete each quest list in Arcantus, you will only receive 10% of the full amount. Therefore, each member of the party will only run each quest list ONCE, and thereby netting them the potential 40k UC bonus within the 2 to 3 hrs. The plan calls for only 2 to 3 hrs of together time per week. Afterward, arena will reign supreme in the UC gain department once again.

@xzpwnz There are fundamentally 2 reasons to run a quest. Reason 1 would be to utilize the fastest way in the game to get EXP as well as running up potential award probabilities. To do this, players will either run 2* or 3* quests. The second reason will be to maximize tune up drops. To do this, players will run 1*. In the former case, which is the predominant situation in the current metagame, the general populace is still trying to level up their mechs and thus will average around 1.5k UC per 20 minutes. The latter displays a situation where players may forgo UC gain (such as in Berzelius) all together for the ease of tune up drops. I believe what you are referring to is the former situation. Also, please keep in mind that the key word I used in my text was an estimate. Therefore your average and everyone else's average may or may not be the same. It is also helpful to keep in mind, that although you may be able to average a lower time in Bastagant (and thus efficiently bolster your UC/Time rate), the fixed costs (which includes downtime) will always be present. Pro questers do not make up the majority of the server as it will ultimately be a bell shape curve.

For both these responses, I am addressing the entire forums here and not some special elite niche. You don't have to be dominant in Arena to gain the potential maintenance rewards. You don't have to be a pro quester either. I stand by my words.

Thanks for the feedback!
Back to top Go down
Heavier

PostSubject: Re: Arcantus Cartographers   Arcantus Cartographers EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 1:55 am

I'm grateful for the quick reply's by everyone. The more voices we have, the better it will be! Thanks!

NovaZero addresses the fundamental problem that the server has, currently. As said by NovaZero,
Quote :
The main problem is finding a team of people willing to keep and maintain a constantly updating list of treasure locations.

In order to map out Arcantus, you have to have the correct quest list as well as the correct pathing. If you fail to have both, you are hit with an empty treasure. In game theory, we refer to this aspect of Arcantus as imperfect information. The worst part of it is having to repeat the pathing again, only to fail due to imperfection information once again. There are a total of 10 potential quest items. Therefore, each treasure will only net you a 10% probability in general (ignoring the need to explain binomial distributions for simplicity for those of you that don't care).

In order to combat the above problem that NovaZero has mentioned, we need to increase the manpower of the cartographers. By doing so, we increase the amount of simultaneous quest lists gathered as well as decreasing the time necessary to find all the treasures, gates and keys. I even dare to say, that if we get a lucky week as well as enough manpower, we can potentially rack up a UC rate of up to 30k/ hr (for 1 1/2 hrs). I don't know about anyone else, but that sounds very good to me.

Thanks for the clarification Nova!

@Rei_hunter I believe I covered what you mentioned in this same post, but just in-case I didn't, the only way to efficiently net the UC rate is to have people simultaneously perform Arcantus under different (but known) conditions. We need to eliminate the element of imperfect information and the only way to achieve that is to brute force it through manpower. And personally, this should be 'fun'!
Back to top Go down
Etherlight
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Etherlight

Male Posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: Arcantus Cartographers   Arcantus Cartographers EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 3:42 am

...sounds pretty interesting, I'd be willing to give this a shot.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Arcantus Cartographers   Arcantus Cartographers EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 5:27 am

Just for clarification, what rank do you need to get all the "sets" on the list?
Back to top Go down
Knight
Knight

Male Posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: Arcantus Cartographers   Arcantus Cartographers EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 5:30 am

Yeah, but arena is (sometimes) fun. What do I even need UC for?
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Arcantus Cartographers   Arcantus Cartographers EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 5:32 am

Knight wrote:

UC> Rt conversion, UC Garapon, Level Limit removers, expensive bots like Cosmokaiser etc.
Back to top Go down
RoboFranky
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
RoboFranky

Male Posts : 1312

PostSubject: Re: Arcantus Cartographers   Arcantus Cartographers EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 5:37 am

UC> Rt conversion, UC Garapon, Level Limit removers, expensive bots like Cosmokaiser etc.[/quote]

your starting to make me wanna buy Cosmokaiser. Altho the only Cosmokaiser I saw in the Arena blew up b4 my eyes

Anyway, the stuff from Random Arcantus is RANDOM, so the UC from there is pretty much RANDOM

same goes for Arena matches.
U find urself in a noob team, EPICLY FAIL = little UC
U get to be against a noob team, EPICLY WIN = MOAR UC

In the end, u gotta leave it to luck
CONCLUSION, do whatever u think is most fun Very Happy
Back to top Go down
griffen
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
griffen

PostSubject: Re: Arcantus Cartographers   Arcantus Cartographers EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 6:52 am

about the tres reward:
first time completed-> score=uc?
repeating quest->score/10=uc?
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: Arcantus Cartographers   Arcantus Cartographers EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 6:55 am

Hyoka wrote:
Just for clarification, what rank do you need to get all the "sets" on the list?

Honestly? Star Rank. Once you've finished Level 9 Treasure Quest, you're able to take Level 10 Treasure Quest.

Getting a Grand Total of 50k a week from quest mode + All the other stuff you get from actually killing mechs/bots on Arcantus = Good Awesome Money.

@ THread
Me, Kaiser, Hashi and Slifer were planning to do Quest Runs to actually make a chart of Treasures (At least to complete everything) but eh so far... Slifer's in school, Hashi, iunno, Kaiser's in a Game Ban, i'm playing CB-JP. lol.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
omuraisu
omuraisu

Female Posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: Arcantus Cartographers   Arcantus Cartographers EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 10:02 am

Heavier wrote:
Each quest at 20 minutes

≖_≖

You shame me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arcantus Cartographers   Arcantus Cartographers EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 10:12 am

Well, I have been looking for a good excuse to run Arcantus. I'll join this.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: Arcantus Cartographers   Arcantus Cartographers EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 10:47 am

Quote :
Kaiser's in a Game Ban
Elaborate.
Back to top Go down
Knight
Knight

Male Posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: Arcantus Cartographers   Arcantus Cartographers EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Hyoka wrote:
Knight wrote:

UC> Rt conversion, UC Garapon, Level Limit removers, expensive bots like Cosmokaiser etc.

UC>RT conversion being the only valid one for me, assuming we'd actually get ittttttt
Back to top Go down
Z741
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Z741

Male Posts : 739

PostSubject: Re: Arcantus Cartographers   Arcantus Cartographers EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 7:41 pm

Hey it'd be a nice change of pace from PvP-ing in the Arena all the time. You've got my interest.
Back to top Go down
Heavier

PostSubject: Re: Arcantus Cartographers   Arcantus Cartographers EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 1:55 am

@Griffen Yes, that is correct. The first time you initiate a quest, you get the face value of the points in UC. Each additional try will then net you 1/10 of that initial reward.

Etherlight, Diabolical, and Z741, thanks for the early call on participation. I appreciate it! One last thing to note however is that I will need you guys as well as anyone else who wants to participate to give your time availability. We will most likely be aiming for the weekend. So ideally, our first trip will be scheduled for any time around 2/11 to 2/13.

So give me a heads up to when you guys would prefer to do it! =)
Back to top Go down
Etherlight
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Etherlight

Male Posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: Arcantus Cartographers   Arcantus Cartographers EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 3:31 am

I would be available during the weekend for this. Prefer midday-ish to early afternoon server time, say around 1300 server time or so.
Back to top Go down
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

Male Posts : 382

PostSubject: Re: Arcantus Cartographers   Arcantus Cartographers EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 4:08 am

A little note on Arcantus:

Arcantus is NOT random. Gate / Treasure location is somewhat random, and what connects to what is as well, but the maps themselves are not randomly generated; they are selected from a pool.

That should cut down your workload if you want to save time.

Also, what you need to map:
1) Full Radar per permutation. You'll only need to do this once per map type.
2) Mob type per map. This is most likely already on the JP wiki.
3) Gate and Treasure location (including WHAT treasure!). You'll need to do this weekly, and it's the most important factor.

As for actually farming it, you want to farm as close to 10:00 per map (9:40 is the safe number for me) if you want to be #1. I recommend two Wide Beams on a 30+ Fly Air. You don't need more than that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arcantus Cartographers   Arcantus Cartographers EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 8:28 am

I'm usually free around 4:00 PM EST during weekdays and 8:00 AM EST during weekends.
Back to top Go down
Z741
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Z741

Male Posts : 739

PostSubject: Re: Arcantus Cartographers   Arcantus Cartographers EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 2:38 pm

Heavier wrote:
One last thing to note however is that I will need you guys as well as anyone else who wants to participate to give your time availability. We will most likely be aiming for the weekend. So ideally, our first trip will be scheduled for any time around 2/11 to 2/13.

So give me a heads up to when you guys would prefer to do it! =)

Z741 wrote:
2. GMT-8
4. Weekdays I've got a class schedule quite late in the day, so online times on Monday/Wednesday are usually 9am-12pm/7pm-9pm, and then for Tuesday/Thursday it's 9am-10am/9pm-10pm... weekends [including Friday] are usually split up into 9am-2pm/5pm-10pm. Predictable, I am.

Smile
Back to top Go down
griffen
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
griffen

PostSubject: Re: Arcantus Cartographers   Arcantus Cartographers EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 7:32 am

i just recntly found this https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0ApA4VI4W14UcdHNOLXZVS3J5eEs0SVFYZm1YQ2JIbVE&hl=ja&output=html

i found it on english cs wiki http://www.cosmicbreak.com/_/wiki/index.php?title=Arcantus

i dunno if this will be weekly updated forever but it seems to be accurate for this week (3-10/2/2010)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arcantus Cartographers   Arcantus Cartographers Empty

Back to top Go down

Arcantus Cartographers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next