Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Mialy Topic!

Go down 
+14
Raven
Divinity
Robert1514
Turkeysaur
Suguri
ngelicdark
Skyr
knyx
xzpwnz
Mastermind
Trill
falcon1
btrex2100
Azaryn
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

The Mialy Topic! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mialy Topic!   The Mialy Topic! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 11:38 pm

Mastermind wrote:
About how much fly should she have if she's gonna hop? Never really built a hopper before.
Short boost is affected by both wlk and fly
If you're planning to short boost into flying then that's pretty stupid since float dash is a better option
Back to top Go down
Mastermind
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Mastermind

PostSubject: Re: The Mialy Topic!   The Mialy Topic! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 11:40 pm

No, I mean how much fly does she need if she's gonna be a wlk based hopper? Can I just keep it at 1 or should it be higher?
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

PostSubject: Re: The Mialy Topic!   The Mialy Topic! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 11:41 pm

1 fly
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: The Mialy Topic!   The Mialy Topic! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 11:42 pm

Mastermind wrote:
No, I mean how much fly does she need if she's gonna be a wlk based hopper? Can I just keep it at 1 or should it be higher?
That's more or less what xz was getting at. It's affected by both, it doesn't matter what one stat is as long as the other compensates it (just don't let them hit 0).

fafadasdasdasda xzninjaz
Back to top Go down
Mastermind
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Mastermind

PostSubject: Re: The Mialy Topic!   The Mialy Topic! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 11:43 pm

Thanks, that helps a good bit.
Back to top Go down
Mastermind
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Mastermind

PostSubject: Re: The Mialy Topic!   The Mialy Topic! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 10:54 am

Just realized Cosmicalc doesn't have her booster. I was wondering why she seemed so short on slots when I was making the builds.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: The Mialy Topic!   The Mialy Topic! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 11:06 am

Just also realized.

She has the capacity relatively equivalent to a lily.

*gags chokes dies*

Balances her out, but it severely limits her options on tuning if you plan to go something non handy zook in one hand.

Also, nice to know mialy's already up on cosmicalc.. I'll think about building her as a boost runner though. Shouldn't be chancing playing around with a VF like EVE.. Rail guns force you to stand still so..mhm.

Though I wonder with cap like that, if I can ever hit decent boost run with 40 TEC. Looking at her stats though, I'm beginning to think: not possible.
Back to top Go down
Mastermind
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Mastermind

PostSubject: Re: The Mialy Topic!   The Mialy Topic! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 1:11 pm

>Bot is super tight on cost already
>Meh performance
>50 more cost for a lackluster bs

Challenge accepted, Cyberstep.
Back to top Go down
Turkeysaur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Turkeysaur

PostSubject: Re: The Mialy Topic!   The Mialy Topic! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 1:50 pm

WLK based is more expensive, in all senses, than FLY based. So, low income players should refrain from going the first Embarassed
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: The Mialy Topic!   The Mialy Topic! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 2:24 pm

Found a build. Koi updated Mialy. Not heavy RT players; do not attempt:

38 TEC (max damage for her rail gun), Orange boost run, NO HOP, NO FLOAT DASH, NO NOTHING. Dealwithit.
Spoiler:

I also made a slightly easier build (using a striped scarf though, which iirc is only available to people who dropped 200 USD at once on this game) but yeah. This should help out more moderate RT spenders.

Also, yeah you're going to cry at the fact there's no float dash, no hop, no nothing. Just pure running around. If you want to have hop (you can't float dash with a boost run build without quick boost, you just spend too much boost), you can, but you will not have quick land. They cost the same so you can change them. But I would rather have quick boost so that I can keep moving at all times.

If you want BR instead of quick boost, you have to drop either your orange boost run, or your max damage. (You need 20 cap extra). I prefer dropping max damage (it's only by a factor of 1 or 2 damage, but I want to take it if I can). Do as you like. I might change my mind and go that route just for BR. It would certainly mean more room for broken slots. But it means you really have to be using your minimap if you take it. Don't take this if you know you don't look at your minimap while sniping.

Pursuit bits will come out when there's a lone target that wishes to have their death quickly. Handy zook is there as a warning weap.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

PostSubject: Re: The Mialy Topic!   The Mialy Topic! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 4:00 pm

Turkeysaur wrote:
WLK based is more expensive, in all senses, than FLY based. So, low income players should refrain from going the first Embarassed
Locked parts
Just junk and retune
Fly based should be a useless build on miarii
There's a reason it works on eve and not miarii
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: The Mialy Topic!   The Mialy Topic! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 4:44 pm

I'm leaving this here:

ngelicdark wrote:

However, what few people realize here, is that the recoil of her (EVE) railgun is much smaller, as well as much SHORTER. Which is the really big thing separating a float dashing EVE from a float dashing Mialy. This is why she doesn't need to have a zook, so long as she can hop/float dash some distance, she can always attempt to set her rail gun on no matter what is going to her.

Treat Mialy more like a Sagi Girl than a smaller EVE and you'll be with the better mindset.
Back to top Go down
Robert1514
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: The Mialy Topic!   The Mialy Topic! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 8:22 pm

ngelicdark wrote:
Found a build. Koi updated Mialy. Not heavy RT players; do not attempt:

38 TEC (max damage for her rail gun), Orange boost run, NO HOP, NO FLOAT DASH, NO NOTHING. Dealwithit.
Spoiler:

I also made a slightly easier build (using a striped scarf though, which iirc is only available to people who dropped 200 USD at once on this game) but yeah. This should help out more moderate RT spenders.

Also, yeah you're going to cry at the fact there's no float dash, no hop, no nothing. Just pure running around. If you want to have hop (you can't float dash with a boost run build without quick boost, you just spend too much boost), you can, but you will not have quick land. They cost the same so you can change them. But I would rather have quick boost so that I can keep moving at all times.

If you want BR instead of quick boost, you have to drop either your orange boost run, or your max damage. (You need 20 cap extra). I prefer dropping max damage (it's only by a factor of 1 or 2 damage, but I want to take it if I can). Do as you like. I might change my mind and go that route just for BR. It would certainly mean more room for broken slots. But it means you really have to be using your minimap if you take it. Don't take this if you know you don't look at your minimap while sniping.

Pursuit bits will come out when there's a lone target that wishes to have their death quickly. Handy zook is there as a warning weap.

well from this guide, i guess i will conclude that i will make her into a boost runner, but a question tho, do i need broad radar and sniper sight for mialy
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: The Mialy Topic!   The Mialy Topic! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 8:27 pm

Someone's gonna realize you shooting at them with an orange railgun. There's only one bot who does that.

BR is your choice. As I said before, you can replace quick boost with whatever you like. Just make sure you make adjustments as necessary. I'm not gonna say HURR DURR DO THIS OR YOU NUB but these are the most efficient ways I can think of making her considering what she has to offer.

She does need though, 2x EIW for that railgun damage. BR is also your choice; you can leave her at regular WLK and have BR+sniper sight if you like. I just prefer raw speed over anything (call it need for speed if you like).

Oh yeah. This is not so much a guide, so much as suggestions. You can read what we have here and make decisions for yourself. That's why the forum allows for discussion.
Back to top Go down
Robert1514
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: The Mialy Topic!   The Mialy Topic! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 8:37 pm

ngelicdark wrote:
Someone's gonna realize you shooting at them with an orange railgun. There's only one bot who does that.

BR is your choice. As I said before, you can replace quick boost with whatever you like. Just make sure you make adjustments as necessary. I'm not gonna say HURR DURR DO THIS OR YOU NUB but these are the most efficient ways I can think of making her considering what she has to offer.

She does need though, 2x EIW for that railgun damage. BR is also your choice; you can leave her at regular WLK and have BR+sniper sight if you like. I just prefer raw speed over anything (call it need for speed if you like).

Oh yeah. This is not so much a guide, so much as suggestions. You can read what we have here and make decisions for yourself. That's why the forum allows for discussion.

thats quite reasonable, so sniper sight is kinda out of the question, as for EIW, i took all 2 of em, tbh, before looking at this thread, i was kinda goin for either a bit oriented maily or a Railgun focused Maily, but the bit its not that effective since the bits have low hp, and they reveal ur position when they stick with you (the bits appear as stars in radar), all in all, i will try the Tec + Wlk + BR (the Railgun focused build) build, since she is VERY different than an EVE, where Eves can easily use float dash with little probs. Kinda wish they gave her a little bit more capa for room in tuning
Back to top Go down
btrex2100
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
btrex2100

Male Posts : 117

PostSubject: Re: The Mialy Topic!   The Mialy Topic! - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 8:36 am

weighing it all, which is the best build for this? As I had read on, I doubt, I've strayed off the proper build which I came after was float dash(fly build), but which is the best build for it then? wlk(BR or Hopper) or fly (floatdasher)? I'm very much confused, now that I've been screwed by the cosmic calc's old version (mialy w/o BS), I had failed greatly from the proper build. Needing a good opinion on this one pls.
Back to top Go down
Divinity
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Divinity

Male Posts : 262

PostSubject: Re: The Mialy Topic!   The Mialy Topic! - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 8:58 am

I did Fly based Hopper (short boost), quick boost and Accel Roll like what i use on Eve, on one of my Mialys and did a Boost run + hop on the other. Both are nice with each pros and cos.

Fly Build: Ability to chase something down + get away from melee lands faster

Wlk Build: Easier to hit something + get away from overhead Airs (like AGs)

All in all, Mialy is a nice bot, though I wish that the bit had more Hp ( i know u can resummon them with the sub after 1 of the 4 dies, but still) and that you could have tuned the railgun instead of relying on EIW to do stuff with it (+rapid anyone?).
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosmicbreak.com/commu/?m=pc&a=page_f_home&tar
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: The Mialy Topic!   The Mialy Topic! - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 10:43 am

I thought about ignoring the bits aswell, and going for a tuned railgun.

Sometimes I feel like the bits dont do very much, but when they do manage to sneak up and nab me, I realize how nice they are.

Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: The Mialy Topic!   The Mialy Topic! - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 2:43 pm

btrex2100 wrote:
weighing it all, which is the best build for this? As I had read on, I doubt, I've strayed off the proper build which I came after was float dash(fly build), but which is the best build for it then? wlk(BR or Hopper) or fly (floatdasher)?

Railgun=WLK based. Play like an S size Sag, as has been said.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: The Mialy Topic!   The Mialy Topic! - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 3:16 pm

This is how CS has been regulating the "OP-ness" of the recent bots: through EIW. That step alone makes certain bots that would have been OP into mediocre bots, simply because they do not have the customizability, and they are strapped for carts.

Think about it, if Ion and Mialy had their BD@ weapons tunable, I think we'd be seeing a lot more complaints about them. But they're not, simply because of this reason, amongst the cons they otherwise do have (hard to aim, too little HP, too gimmicky for use).

I've tested a bit more; Mialy can do with a FLY build, but can't really float dash while rail gunning as easily as EVE. Instead, she has to fly while railgunning to remove the recoil animation; but this makes it harder to aim for faster flying targets. I still think float dash with Mialy is a poor idea though; that whole once you land on ground forces you to go through rail gun animation.. You're pretty much done if a melee catches you when you do that.

She's a fun bot but definitely, you're not missing out on her if you didn't have her. I would have preferred to have gotten Rouche myself, but eh, beggars can't be choosers.
Back to top Go down
Robert1514
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: The Mialy Topic!   The Mialy Topic! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 3:31 am

I just got boost run with 30 wlk and 16 fly, and it was great, now off to handle the rest of her stats, ah and actually, mialy is considerably good, as her shots penetrate Rouche's barrier (and other barriers)
Back to top Go down
Mastermind
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Mastermind

PostSubject: Re: The Mialy Topic!   The Mialy Topic! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 8:14 pm

Can't decide if I want to go Boost Run or Short Boost on her.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

PostSubject: Re: The Mialy Topic!   The Mialy Topic! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 9:08 pm

xzpwnz wrote:
Wlk based hophop

NOOOSS YOUR DOING IT WRONG.Your supposed to give advice thats very undirect then I come And tell u to hold there hands more D=.Your being to nice now.

Xz musta just made a ton of money U sold a house didnt u.Your business grew in sales. Or Xz found love D=.
Back to top Go down
Arti
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Arti

Male Posts : 1204

PostSubject: Re: The Mialy Topic!   The Mialy Topic! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 9:45 pm

How does one properly build a Float Dash Mialy?
Back to top Go down
Nilla
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Nilla

Male Posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: The Mialy Topic!   The Mialy Topic! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 9:46 pm

It's less about the build and more about positioning and knowing when to actually use float dash
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mialy Topic!   The Mialy Topic! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mialy Topic!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next