Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Medi Aide build advice.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kauhava
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Kauhava

Male Posts : 135

Medi Aide build advice. Empty
PostSubject: Medi Aide build advice.   Medi Aide build advice. EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 7:43 pm

I had been wanting a Medi Aide for a long time, but gave up on her after being trolled by the Moe Gara.

I got one in my cubes (much to my delight considering the crap I got in the others) but am having trouble building her.

For now she's at something like 9 STR 11 TEC 11 WLK 17 FLY 18 TGH with an Accel gun and micro Zooka, though that will change later (and the stats will too since both guns are currently gimping some of them).

At level 7 her carts are Cap Cart x4, Though Wonder Bit, Growing Wonder and Float Dash.

I've been thinking of putting some of Bugsy's parts on her (slicer shield BS and/or shock AM), but I'd like to know more about those.

As for weapons I've been wondering if a Magnet gun for safe, easy long range gauge building with a buckler on the other arm would be good.

Last edited by Kauhava on Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Medi Aide build advice.   Medi Aide build advice. EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 7:47 pm

Yours sounds pretty similar to mine, though I'd never touch tough wonder bit on a healer; it only adds like 5~10 HP to a repair bit.

I don't know what the typical setup is for her. Mine's got bugsy am2 + winberyl am + float dash + wide beam gun + micro zook and has minor fly tunes. Mostly I just heal and do anti-melee, but I can also alpha float dash with her if things turn sour. Helps that she has a weapon to counter every type, too.

I'd start using her more again if EN players didn't make me so sadface when it comes to general competence and stealing trees/WDs from healers, she was the reason I even started playing in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Kauhava
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Kauhava

PostSubject: Re: Medi Aide build advice.   Medi Aide build advice. EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 8:07 pm

Man, I meant to say Micro Zooka in my op post. Fixed.

Could you give out your full cart build? I'm interested in what you'd chose over Though Wonder bit.

Also, the Wide beam gun does sound overall more useful considering the amount of LNDs around,I'll try that out.
I have a Paralyzer too, though with the high TGH LNDs tend to I wonder if it would really be useful.

Also, any opinions on the magnet gun?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Medi Aide build advice.   Medi Aide build advice. EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 8:14 pm

Kauhava wrote:
I'm interested in what you'd chose over Though Wonder bit.
Wonder Rate Up

Kauhava wrote:
Also, any opinions on the magnet gun?
Definitely viable.
Back to top Go down
Kauhava
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Kauhava

PostSubject: Re: Medi Aide build advice.   Medi Aide build advice. EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 8:28 pm

Suguri wrote:

Wonder Rate Up

I planned on picking this up too of course, I meant guard carts/broad radar/absorb bump.

As for the magnet gun, I guess I'll try it out then.
Back to top Go down
Mac2492
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: Medi Aide build advice.   Medi Aide build advice. EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 8:48 pm

I'd definitely get Broad Radar. It's incredibly useful for healers because you'll know if someone is about to ambush you and it also lets you set up your healing bit in a safe area. Furthermore, it gives you intel on the other team's locations making you infinitely more useful if you relay this info to your team and they actually listen (good luck with that).
=> Also lets you be a jerk to enemy healers because you'll see people amassing around them.
One more note: If you prove to be a good healer/supporter to someone, chances are they will start listening to and relying on you. Use this to your advantage.

Absorb Bump is pretty helpful but not absolutely necessary. As a healer you'll have tons of people running at you full speed and knocking you all over the place, moving you away from the group. If you're fast then you can just run back quickly, but Absorb Bump negates this problem entirely. I'd get it, personally, but it's optional. Perhaps replace Tough Wonder Bit with Absorb Bump? Far more useful for a healer.

Suguri wrote:
Kauhava wrote:
I'm interested in what you'd chose over Though Wonder bit.
Wonder Rate Up
Please explain. I haven't been able to find any use for Wonder Rate Up. The three ways to refill you WB are to get hit, to hit others, and to auto-regen (with Growing Wonder, Repair Bit, Burst-Fire Bit, etc.). I've gotten to critical HP (10/255) with my Lucheer that has Wonder Rate up and tested. You don't gain more WB from trees (~7 trees to fill up as usual), the auto regen isn't any faster (140 seconds for BF, 120 seconds for Repair), shooting at enemies is incredibly dangerous when your HP is low, and getting hit = dead.

I'd pass on Tough Wonder Bit too (UNLESS you plan on using other bits every so often, then get it), but I don't think replacing it with Wonder Rate Up is a good move.
Back to top Go down
Kauhava
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Kauhava

PostSubject: Re: Medi Aide build advice.   Medi Aide build advice. EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 11:03 pm

Mac2492 wrote:

Please explain. I haven't been able to find any use for Wonder Rate Up. The three ways to refill you WB are to get hit, to hit others, and to auto-regen (with Growing Wonder, Repair Bit, Burst-Fire Bit, etc.). I've gotten to critical HP (10/255) with my Lucheer that has Wonder Rate up and tested. You don't gain more WB from trees (~7 trees to fill up as usual), the auto regen isn't any faster (140 seconds for BF, 120 seconds for Repair), shooting at enemies is incredibly dangerous when your HP is low, and getting hit = dead.

Doesn't Wonder Rate up simply boost the amount of gauge you get when damaged?

If by a decent amount it might be worth it, though with Media Aide's low HP it might not be.

I got Bugsy parts by the way, and the AM2 is great.

I've been using the BS too though it hasn't impressed me yet.
Back to top Go down
Mac2492
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: Medi Aide build advice.   Medi Aide build advice. EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 11:42 pm

Even with Wonder Rate Up, my Lucheer has to basically suicide to get less than half her WB gauge filled so I'd say it's useless even if that is its effect.

Will test right now and screenshot.
EDIT: Never mind. Forgot that I scrapped Lucheer because I couldn't find a use for the cartridge after 2+ hours of testing. orzzz... No sarcasm here either. /short term memory for the lose
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: Medi Aide build advice.   Medi Aide build advice. EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 3:52 am

Kauhava wrote:

I've been using the BS too though it hasn't impressed me yet.

I'd drop the Bugsy BS and put a Winberrl or her default BS on. Bugsy BS is decent, but it's a lot of cost for something that doesn't serve much use unless you're proficient with it. You can always leave it to Baltheons or fat ARTs to make a shield.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Medi Aide build advice.   Medi Aide build advice. EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 5:33 am

Definitely get the thing that makes your WB autoregen
Back to top Go down
Kauhava
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Kauhava

PostSubject: Re: Medi Aide build advice.   Medi Aide build advice. EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 7:50 am

Nisa wrote:
Definitely get the thing that makes your WB autoregen

Already mentioned in my op post:

Kauhava wrote:

At level 7 her carts are Cap Cart x4, Though Wonder Bit, Growing Wonder and Float Dash.

By the way, on the topic of guards, which would be the most useful?

I'm guessing sword to survive LND attacks and help in controlling them with the AM2, but beam could be useful too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Medi Aide build advice.   Medi Aide build advice. Empty

Back to top Go down

Medi Aide build advice.
Page 1 of 1