Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I really need some help. MAJOR help.

Go down 
+6
Aethernet
Klinkin
Nihil679
Lyala
Priskern
Necrolance
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tsuchigumo
Tsuchigumo

Male Posts : 57

I really need some help. MAJOR help. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I really need some help. MAJOR help.   I really need some help. MAJOR help. - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 4:12 pm

Ah, hold up there. I get this error, but not the window.

The window is a good indication your RAM, or some other system requirement, isn't as high as it should be (your computer WILL NOT tell you what it is when the game actually runs. I've tried.) If the window dosen't appear but the game application says "Not Responding', don't do anything, just leave it up and wait. You shouldn't have to wait more than 3 minutes to get to the login.

Also, if you have a router, it COULD be that it needs an update. I don't know that this would cause it or not, but let's cover our bases here. Thanks for telling me the model, that will help a lot too.

Two things I can guess at at now.

1. Externally caused damage: On a slim, this would more than likely be evident, but there's always that possibility that something internal is damaged in some way, like a disconnected cable or something. Also, this would cause more widespread problems, so this is a waaay out of the ballpark and probably unrealistic guess.

2. I hate to harp on this again, but Vista could be indirectly hurting. I don't know if it's built to give that time between the window and the problem that I have or not, but in either event, that window probably needs to get off. By following Azaryn's advice, this should help the problem immensly. You can do all that, then open. If the window pops up, give it 5 mins. If it dosen't work, there's a third optionthat I myself have done to fix it:

3. At this point, get on a tech support chat with your router's manufacturer assuming you have one. If not, you may be able to call your Internet Service Provider (Verizon, Bellsouth, whoever) and they may or may not change settings or give you a new modem free of charge (This assumes you have a DSL connection.) If you have Dial-Up, Broadband, or Fiber Optic, I'm not sure I can help. Again, you can always try contacting people. Here's what you say if they're reluctant: "My iternet has random and intermittent disconnections that only affect online games and videos. Is there an easy way to lessen this?" if "Is there a way to optimize my internet for gaming?" dosen't work. Also ask for cheap or free things. More than likely, a modem replacement won't cost you a dime.

This method sounds complicated but can further reduce your lag and startup problems. It's super easy with a router, and modem is what I use for my DSL.

Online chats are the best, least time consuming, most clear tech help option.
Back to top Go down

I really need some help. MAJOR help.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2