Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

I really need some help. MAJOR help.

Go down 
+6
Aethernet
Klinkin
Nihil679
Lyala
Priskern
Necrolance
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Necrolance
Newcomer
Newcomer

I really need some help. MAJOR help. Empty
PostSubject: I really need some help. MAJOR help.   I really need some help. MAJOR help. EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 4:29 pm

I used to play about half a year to a year ago. I quit at one point, and haven't played since. I decided a day ago to download and install this game again... Only to find that it won't work. It's the same exact computer I used the first time I played it, but whenever I press 'start game', it tries to launch but gives me '*japanese letters* has stopped working' every time. I run windows Vista. I've tried compatibility mode for XP service pack 2, I've tried reinstalling it, and I've tried downloading a new installer. Nothing works. Nothing at all. I want to play this game again, but as you can see, I can't. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I don't want to restore my computer to factory settings, I have too much on my computer that I'd have to back up that I don't want to go through. So I need a solution that doesn't involve completely wiping my computer.
Back to top Go down
Priskern
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Priskern

Male Posts : 1142

PostSubject: Re: I really need some help. MAJOR help.   I really need some help. MAJOR help. EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 5:34 pm

Hmmn...uninstall, restart comp so it refresh the registry, install cb, choose the location to install DIFFERENT from the original location that you previously installed .-. Don't know if that helps, but this method fix a lot of my other mmo's patcher problem.
Back to top Go down
Necrolance
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: I really need some help. MAJOR help.   I really need some help. MAJOR help. EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 11:15 am

Didn't work. Just tried it. It's not the patcher. It's the game itself. It works fine until it tries to launch the client. So it seems unless there's another solution, I'm stuck without any Cosmic Break.
Back to top Go down
Lyala
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Lyala

Male Posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: I really need some help. MAJOR help.   I really need some help. MAJOR help. EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 4:21 pm

do a screenshoot of the error window
Back to top Go down
Necrolance
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: I really need some help. MAJOR help.   I really need some help. MAJOR help. EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 5:40 pm

Spoiler:

That's pretty much it.
Back to top Go down
Lyala
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Lyala

Male Posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: I really need some help. MAJOR help.   I really need some help. MAJOR help. EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 8:28 pm

the japanese letter is just "cosmicbreak"

try to update your direct X.
Back to top Go down
Necrolance
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: I really need some help. MAJOR help.   I really need some help. MAJOR help. EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 10:31 pm

It's not my Direct-X, it's Direct-X 11. That's the newest. I just tried to update, checked my version, it's the latest version.
Back to top Go down
Nihil679
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nihil679

Male Posts : 326

PostSubject: Re: I really need some help. MAJOR help.   I really need some help. MAJOR help. EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 8:18 am

@Lyala wrote:
the japanese letter is just "cosmicbreak"

try to update your direct X.

More properly, the Japanese says "apurikeishyun" or application.

Half a year ago is quite a long time, meaning you could have downloaded something that is now running and conflicting with CosmicBreak. What it is, I'm not sure. Try closing many programs you usually have running and run the game again.

I highly doubt this to be a compatibility issue or an internet issue, and if it's worked before, I really want to believe this is a problem with something that has changed with your computer that doesn't allow CosmicBreak to run now. If the above doesn't work, try disabling any firewalls or anti-virus programs you have on as well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/nihil679
Necrolance
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: I really need some help. MAJOR help.   I really need some help. MAJOR help. EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 1:46 pm

Still nothing changed. I went to task manager and ended all the non-vital processes I could, and disabled my norton. It still didn't work... I'm beginning to think if I ever want to play it again I'll have to just restore my computer to default. And I don't want to do that. Any other suggestions on what may work? If I can't get anything to work I'll just give up trying. Not much else I can do if nothing works.
Back to top Go down
Klinkin
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Klinkin

Male Posts : 227

PostSubject: Re: I really need some help. MAJOR help.   I really need some help. MAJOR help. EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 5:05 pm

Vista sucks. Upgrade to Windows 7, at the very least.

In all seriousness, I'd suggest that you first run a standard check of everything. Do you have enough hard drive space? What about your registry? If that doesn't solve the problem, then I'm not sure how to help. Sometimes Windows just crashes.
Back to top Go down
Necrolance
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: I really need some help. MAJOR help.   I really need some help. MAJOR help. EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 5:27 pm

It's not vista. I ran it with Vista the first time I played it. I'm not upgrading to 7 until it's compatible with more stuff. As for hard drive space, I've got a maximum of 300GB, 3 GB RAM. And I don't know what you mean by my registry. I don't know what you mean by a standard check, either.
Back to top Go down
Klinkin
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Klinkin

Male Posts : 227

PostSubject: Re: I really need some help. MAJOR help.   I really need some help. MAJOR help. EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 7:38 pm

Ok, for starters, we're going to see what you have running that you probably don't know about. Press command-R to make the run window pop up. Type in "msconfig" and hit enter. Click the "Startup" tab. You're now looking at a list of all the programs that automatically begin running when you start your computer. Now, you have to be a bit careful here, but you can disable most of that stuff with no adverse effects; in fact, it'll make your computer run faster. Don't disable anything that has the name of the manufacturer of your GPU, internet card, or computer as a whole. After you've disabled what you want to, restart your computer.

Another thing you can do is use the Task Manager to check what's running at any given time. Use the ubiquitous Ctrl-alt-del command to open it, then click the "Processes" tab. Pay particular attention to anything using up more than five digits of memory.

On the issue of Windows 7, it's compatible with most anything you need. Heck, it's probably more compatible than Vista. Unless you use some weird specialized software, you're fine.
Back to top Go down
Necrolance
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: I really need some help. MAJOR help.   I really need some help. MAJOR help. EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 10:21 pm

Well, it made my computer load faster, but still no dice. I disabled a few things I -knew- were safe to disable, and some I had to look up. Couldn't find info on them, so I left them on... The two that I was unsure about are zzzHPSETUP and Ask and Record FLV service. Cyberlink stuff seems to be important, and ArcSoft I have no idea what that is. Man, I swear if it's something simple...
Back to top Go down
Aethernet
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Aethernet

Male Posts : 109

PostSubject: Re: I really need some help. MAJOR help.   I really need some help. MAJOR help. EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 3:25 pm

Sometimes you need older versions of DX for programs, like 9 or 10. Its also weird that you get a japanese error. I would try installing the game through Applocale.
Back to top Go down
Necrolance
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: I really need some help. MAJOR help.   I really need some help. MAJOR help. EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 3:40 pm

Applocale? Isn't that for XP and 2003? I don't think that's needed, the japanese characters are from the properties general tab, next to 'description'. The system requirements say I need DirectX 9.0c or more. 11 is 'or more'. I don't think it's DirectX or the Locale. The stopped loading error happens instantly, before it has a chance to load up the log-in page. It's starting to get really frustrating trying to figure this out.
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

Male Posts : 2859

PostSubject: Re: I really need some help. MAJOR help.   I really need some help. MAJOR help. EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 10:14 pm

http://www.filehippo.com/download_directx/
Back to top Go down
Necrolance
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: I really need some help. MAJOR help.   I really need some help. MAJOR help. EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 10:42 pm

I can't download that. IT won't let me. I've got a higher-up directX.
Back to top Go down
Necrolance
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: I really need some help. MAJOR help.   I really need some help. MAJOR help. EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 4:45 pm

So I'm guessing there's no other way of getting cosmic break to work? I've tried most of the suggestions, and I don't think a couple that I didn't try would work, like the directX downgrade and the applocale. Applocale because it has nothing to do with it, and directX because I doubt it'll help much... Guess I'm not meant to get to see the UC -> RT conversion. Seems that's what Cosmic Break is saying. Or maybe it's saying that after I left I'm not welcome to play it again. >.>
Back to top Go down
Tsuchigumo
Tsuchigumo

Male Posts : 57

PostSubject: Re: I really need some help. MAJOR help.   I really need some help. MAJOR help. EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 7:32 pm

Screw applocale. You have only a few options as far as I can see.
1. change your locale MANUALLY. On 7, it's SUPERFUCKINGEASY. On Vista, lolidk. Try Unicode, North America, and Japan.
2.Uninstall and reinstall, without Norton on, using Firefox. There could be some delicious missing data.
3. Update or uninstall and reinstall ALL of your crucial drivers. This is pretty dangerous and better left to the pros.
4. Take it in to a specialty store and see if they can anayze the problem. See if you can at least find one that won't chare for a no-fix. DirectX is a possibility but I higly doubt it as well...

It looks like you're just royally fucked.

Oh yeah, protip? Get rid of Vista. It's less stable than a skyscraper made of straws and gum filled with mental hookers. Protip 2: Windows 7 has just as much support as XP at this point. There's even programs that help with that. And protip 3:

GET THE FUCK RID OF VISTA IT BUUUUUURRRRRNS

Tsu the Tech Wizard of Tits, Jello, and Rage, out.
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

Male Posts : 2859

PostSubject: Re: I really need some help. MAJOR help.   I really need some help. MAJOR help. EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 12:43 am

Well DirectX 11 doesn't have 9.0 updates.

This might help:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_directx/
Back to top Go down
Necrolance
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: I really need some help. MAJOR help.   I really need some help. MAJOR help. EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 3:04 pm

Okay, first off: Enough of the Vista hate. Second off... It's NOT FREE, so do you really thing it'd be easy for me to UPGRADE to 7? No. Also, Vista is not compatible with DirectX 9. It's supposed to emulate it, though. So I don't see how that's the problem. I'd have to uninstall DirectX SOMEHOW and reinstall it as 9.0 in order for it to take hold. I can't just install 9 while 11 is installed.

It's not the locale. It's the same exact computer. So it's not likely that's the problem.

I'm not taking it to a specialty store, because it's not likely to solve anything, not around here. Could it be a virtual memory problem? I've got the same exact issue with another game, Air Rivals, and I played that game ALSO on this computer a long time ago.

And I repeat: Windows 7 is not cheap. Do you really think that telling me to get rid of vista will change anything? Even if I wanted to, I'd have to have my mom buy it. AND I DOUBT THAT WILL HAPPEN. So shut your traps about Vista. It's not Vista. My Vista happens to work FINE. If yours didn't, TOUGH.

I've reinstalled Nvidia with the latest driver, too. It doesn't work for Air Rivals, and I doubt it'll work for Cosmic Break. But I can try. I'll try the installing it with norton off. If I get a virus, I blame you. But yeah. I'll try that, but if that doesn't work, it could be a virtual memory problem. I could have something eating up all my virtual memory. It's not Vista. Either way, the issue isn't Vista. I can run my computer just fine with Vista, and it's not like I can upgrade anyway. My mom wouldn't be too happy at seeing that price. Not at all.
Back to top Go down
LordShade
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
LordShade

Male Posts : 1236

PostSubject: Re: I really need some help. MAJOR help.   I really need some help. MAJOR help. EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 3:33 pm

Install/fix java it probably broke.

that or your graphics card is broke and needs reinstallation.

also the Vista hate is normal, Windows 7 just supersedes it by so many factors :X
(It doesn't help that many reported problems of not just cosmicbreak but several other games are due to Vista's horrific coding, but theres nothing you can do about that right now)
Back to top Go down
Tsuchigumo
Tsuchigumo

Male Posts : 57

PostSubject: Re: I really need some help. MAJOR help.   I really need some help. MAJOR help. EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 9:00 pm

All right, all right, I didn't know you were like me (younger and broke). So sorry to enrage you.

So now all we have is the super risky manual fix, or something completely unrelated in a feild I know a very tiny amount about. What is virtual memory anyway?

Did your old computer run XP? if so, I'm sorry, this MAY be Vista. Mabye. I've heard it's happened, but there would have to be SOME reason, I'd think.

There's a cheaper but again risky considering we don't know what's the exact cause solution to everything compared to "lolget7."

Welcome to GRAPHICS CARD SHOPPING

Seriously. 7 is like what, 240-250$? You can get a nice graphics card for under half that. And thats a nice one. CB dosen't qualify as needing a nice card.

Also, did I say "specialty"? I meant "that shady computer shop at the flea market".

So have fun. You could try a manual fix, upgrade, or if you REALLY want it...

I'm serious about this too...

Back up EVERYTHING you want on a USB and do a full on no questions asked no holds barred free-for-all free fire RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS.

Then, you know, use USB MAGIC to get all your stuff back.

Tsu the Tech Wizard of Vodka and Pancakes, out.
Back to top Go down
Necrolance
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: I really need some help. MAJOR help.   I really need some help. MAJOR help. EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 11:21 pm

I apologize if you didn't catch it, but... It's the same exact computer as when I first played cosmic break. So it can't be vista. It's the same operating system. And I apologize that I didn't specify this before... But my computer is a bit more difficult to find parts for, because it's a slimline, meaning it's like... A fourth of the size of a normal computer tower. And that also means smaller cards. I'm sure they're findable, but I don't know where. The computer is a HP Pavilion Slimline, if that helps.

And I am aware of the USB thing. I'm making that my last resort, because it would take a while, and I can't do it ANYWAY because this one has stuff that my mom needs, mainly photos, and she has to transfer them over before I can factory reset. I've got a lot of stuff to back up myself. And I only have a 4GB Flash Drive, and I want to back up chatlogs and installers and such. Skype, windows live messenger, firefox(I'll be stuck with firefox 6, which I've been trying not to upgrade to for a while... I have having to readjust to new firefox interfaces), Steam... At least if I did it, my computer would run oh-so-much faster, with no more junk cluttering up the hard drive... I'm going to have to be thorough if I want to do it with minimal loss of vital(to me) data. May need a second flash drive. XD

On an unrelated note, do you know how to get rid of programs that absolutely refuse to 100% uninstall? I've had at least two things on my computer already that show up on the remove/uninstall programs list that won't uninstall. Is there a workaround for that?
Back to top Go down
Azaryn
Newcomer
Newcomer
Azaryn

PostSubject: Re: I really need some help. MAJOR help.   I really need some help. MAJOR help. EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 10:50 am

@Necrolance wrote:
I apologize if you didn't catch it, but... It's the same exact computer as when I first played cosmic break. So it can't be vista. It's the same operating system. And I apologize that I didn't specify this before... But my computer is a bit more difficult to find parts for, because it's a slimline, meaning it's like... A fourth of the size of a normal computer tower. And that also means smaller cards. I'm sure they're findable, but I don't know where. The computer is a HP Pavilion Slimline, if that helps.

And I am aware of the USB thing. I'm making that my last resort, because it would take a while, and I can't do it ANYWAY because this one has stuff that my mom needs, mainly photos, and she has to transfer them over before I can factory reset. I've got a lot of stuff to back up myself. And I only have a 4GB Flash Drive, and I want to back up chatlogs and installers and such. Skype, windows live messenger, firefox(I'll be stuck with firefox 6, which I've been trying not to upgrade to for a while... I have having to readjust to new firefox interfaces), Steam... At least if I did it, my computer would run oh-so-much faster, with no more junk cluttering up the hard drive... I'm going to have to be thorough if I want to do it with minimal loss of vital(to me) data. May need a second flash drive. XD

On an unrelated note, do you know how to get rid of programs that absolutely refuse to 100% uninstall? I've had at least two things on my computer already that show up on the remove/uninstall programs list that won't uninstall. Is there a workaround for that?

Okay,
1. I have also got the same error as you many times in starting the game; however, it was only temporary which means it lasts a maximum of about 30 seconds (usually only 5 seconds) before continuing to the log in screen.

2. The error itself, written in Japanese letters is okay, not a significant amount of worries since when I use task manager to look at the cosmic.exe (the game while running) its description (name/company) is the same Japanese letters as the ones in your error. Hence the fact : " _______" has stopped working. So don't worry about it.

3. Knowing the error : I know for a fact that this error happens to me (sometimes but only lasts for 3 second) is due to the ram capacity of my computer. If your computer process things at a not so top notch speed, and at the same time you have many other windows open/programs you don't need running in the background, it WILL slow down your game performance ESPECIALLY on your computer as you said it is smaller than a normal computer.

4. How to solve the error : I don't recommend doing a full system re-install simply because it is too time consuming and that
YOU MUST FIND ALL THE DRIVERS FOR IT TO WORK PROPERLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE ORIGINAL DRIVERS DISK!...otherwise your computer could potentially become JUNK;

NOW! If you don't want to do a full re-install...Try the following.

A. Download CCleaner <- Amazing product so long you do not click randomly which can be harmful as anything else.
Simply open it, click analyze and click run, it scans for temporary files and deletes them. On computers that haven't deleted them usually comes to clearing about 1 G of free space.

B. If you have more then 1 drive aside from your backup drive. Transfer all your documents from C drive (default drive) to another drive or into a portable drive. Now, i highly recommend you transfer the photos into a usb, portable drive since computer can break down at anytime. And to a woman, such as your mom, photos are recollections of important memories Smile

So you should be left with C drive (default drive) with all the system and program files.

C. Now, delete whatever you don't need such as some programs/ lame toolbars and other games you don't play but have on your computer for the sake of having games on your computer.

D. Continue to Fragment your disks (drives). Through the system built in disk fragment option. What this does is that this basically places all your files together with each other on the disk itself (does not move your files into different folders or change it's location that you find the files in.)
As the disk is a circle object if you have files all put together, it will take less time for you to find new stuff/ add new stuff. Thus, increasing your ram performance and potentially decrease your lag/ program is not working.

E. If you did the above all in one day, re-start your computer. Close all un-needed background programs such as er.....torrent/itunes/download programs/and whatever add-ons you have.

NOTE: It is better to simply do nothing and wait for 1 or 2 minute when your computer starts up so that all programs are running well. When a computer starts and you logging in doesn't mean all programs are running well. Give it a minute or two and it will lag less since programs have finished to start running.

When you play cosmic break, it should be the only window you have so no firefox/internet/chrome window running at the same time.

Play cosmic break, if you get the same error, wait 2 miuntes-ish. If it doesn't work, report back, if it works but you are lagging, go to options change the settings to low (if you wish).

Make sure you do all of the above tips I mentioned, not just 1 or 2. And if you can follow that order. (Or follow that order but make backing up photos #1 step).

Hope it helps

*Also make sure you have the latest video drivers for whichever video card you use

Last edited by Azaryn on Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : telling him to upgrade video drivers)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I really need some help. MAJOR help.   I really need some help. MAJOR help. Empty

Back to top Go down

I really need some help. MAJOR help.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Archives :: Cosmic Break :: Tech Support-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com