Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weapon like Helingal beam guns?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Claxus
Claxus

Male Posts : 27

Weapon like Helingal beam guns? Empty
PostSubject: Weapon like Helingal beam guns?   Weapon like Helingal beam guns? EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 8:00 pm

As the topic says, what is a gun close to Helingal's arm weapon? For some reason, I seem to do extremely well with it. I'm not sure if it's because of its slight homing, it's just a solid weapon overall, or it just fits my playstyle. I have another Air bot in my commando, and I want it to be able to play close to Helingal. It won't have the awesome propeller melee to chase and knockdown nearby Airs, or abuse Arts, but, anyway...

How do the Electron and Pulse guns compare? Their stats seem pretty close to Helingal's arm beams, the shots seem very similar, except they have 40-50 less range (is this a big difference?) and are actually a bit faster. As for the homing, it seems negligible. It seems like the homing only works for very small movements. Right now I have both Pulse and Electron on arms (and a Brickgale AM2), are they a decent imitation for a Helingal (Both have 32 Fly)? Sorry to make this so lengthy, but thanks in advance.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I do have a Limited Plasma Gun. It seems closer, but is the 110 cost worth it? Also, I'm limited to UC... Geez.. I also forgot to mention how I did try some other beam guns, too. The thing is, they just seem a little off for some reason, and don't seem to hit as much as Pulse/Electron. Is it just me or what?
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Weapon like Helingal beam guns?   Weapon like Helingal beam guns? EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 8:56 pm

Helingal arms fire pulse missiles, which is only equip-able to a bot via 2 means, pulse missile arm joints (past weekly gara), and the tentrion head (which can be obtained from hunting aracanus). Out side of that, they are found as core weapons (mach knight 1, air raider, psycho cluster), and as 1 wonderbit (frac pulse bit, from uc gara).

Pulse missiles have homing based on elevation vs the target, if your higher than who you're shooting at then they home well, making them excellent against ground targets. If you want to fire pulse missiles at people, go hunt for a tentrion head. While it's commonly used in alpha builds, the weapon it's self makes a decent side arm for pesky lands.

Pulse and electron guns don't home (in fact most weapons airs can wield don't home at all) but they do have a higher stun rate than conventional weaponry. You may may simply have an easier time aiming them than other weapons. Most guns from the shop will probably need at least 1 sort of rapid tune to help them hit targets consistently.
Back to top Go down
Claxus
Claxus

PostSubject: Re: Weapon like Helingal beam guns?   Weapon like Helingal beam guns? EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 9:28 pm

Thanks for the information. It explains why I do so well with Helingal. I tend to avoid other Airs (because they're a pain to hit, it's the job for Arts, and they're generally more powerful than Helingal) unless I can gain more height than them. Basically, I only pick fights from a higher altitude than my enemies. Unless an enemy Air gets close, in which I use Helingal's awesome accurate melee to bring them down.

Well, it seems like I won't be able to make another bot that's as efficient at the job, so I suppose I'll stick with Electron and Pulse, they seem to work alright, just have to get a little closer. As for tuning, is rapid really that important? I mean, the two stun guns have 270 and 275. I was planning to tune up the range, actually...

Edit: Never mind... Range isn't really an issue as much as missing. So I'll be going with the rapid upgrades.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: Weapon like Helingal beam guns?   Weapon like Helingal beam guns? EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 12:37 am

If you can get free RT from surveys/offers (there are a couple of guides here), then you should try your hand at this week's Weekly Garapon. Air Raider is a silver for this one (he's usually gold), and he's far superior to Helingal in every way except he lacks the Rotor chop. But his core is equivalent to Helingal's arms.

If not, your best (and only) bet is Tentrion HD on any AIR with decent FLY/TEC.
Back to top Go down
Claxus
Claxus

PostSubject: Re: Weapon like Helingal beam guns?   Weapon like Helingal beam guns? EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 12:57 am

Yeah, I know about those surveys, I used to do them quite often. They've just stopped working completely for me the last few months... Heck, I even tried like ten of them today and none went through, I used to get so much RT earlier this year. How I'd love an Air Raider. I've seen people using it and it was love at first sight for me. But it even has a weapon like Helingal? [sigh][/sigh]
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: Weapon like Helingal beam guns?   Weapon like Helingal beam guns? EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 9:02 am

It should.

Psycho Cluster is another option(those 6 pulsemissile weps) but I dunno if it's still obtainable.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: Weapon like Helingal beam guns?   Weapon like Helingal beam guns? EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 12:01 pm

Claxus wrote:
But it even has a weapon like Helingal? [sigh][/sigh]

The core fires two pulse missiles. Without taking force/ammo into consideration, it'd be like alpha striking with a Helingal (who fires one from each arm).

If you've been keeping up with attendance, maybe you can grab one from one of the RO cubes.
Back to top Go down
Claxus
Claxus

PostSubject: Re: Weapon like Helingal beam guns?   Weapon like Helingal beam guns? EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 1:10 pm

Yeah, thanks for all the suggestions. I may buy RT some day soon, so I'll see what I can do. Other than that, I'll just believe in the heart of the Ro Cubes, though I got in two days late to the campaign.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weapon like Helingal beam guns?   Weapon like Helingal beam guns? Empty

Back to top Go down

Weapon like Helingal beam guns?
Page 1 of 1