Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Try to be a better person

Go down 
+16
Mac2492
ziix
Frederica-Bernkastel
halcyon
efaj
CapeMike
yilx
FireKiller87
Intet
Suguri
Rinrin
Tuskin
reiya
Kitouski
xzpwnz
necrodrakath
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
necrodrakath
Game Hater
necrodrakath

Other / Decline to state Posts : 606

Try to be a better person Empty
PostSubject: Try to be a better person   Try to be a better person EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 6:13 am

Hello friends

I love this game as much as you, I remember when I started playing in December, the first server was almost always full, everything was so vibrant, so many people playing, I was only one had a cute new rain lily, as knew nothing about the game I would play only arenas, I loved the action that had the game, I did not care if i lost, I really did not care.

Now things have changed a lot, there are many failures using sugoi-girls and OP-bots, the game's population has declined much since those times.

Those who use alphas and stupid bots op lands including and especially includes aquila girls are like animals who only care to have more points and they really do not care fun.

Let me tell you that I have a aquila-girl and the first thing I did was junk it away.

I want to say that new players are not used to be fighting players with more experience than we are normally in the free lvl shuffle rooms.

If you see a new player who is in the wrong room and is in the room where all players are experienced, try to ignore it, do not shoot it, let them enjoy the game, let it explore and have fun.

Try to treat them better so that there are new players and the game will not die as fast as doing it.

Do not do it for me or for you, much less cyberstep, do it the great game that not many know but we know if it's worth it known that it is original and entertaining (also blamed for not knowing cyberstep balance bots)

Thanks for reading and sorry about my english Smile

Last edited by necrodrakath on Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: Try to be a better person   Try to be a better person EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 6:23 am

You know they have no hope when you're constantly getting 1st with fun bots
Back to top Go down
necrodrakath
Game Hater
necrodrakath

PostSubject: Re: Try to be a better person   Try to be a better person EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 6:30 am

xzpwnz wrote:

When? im only using a non-alpha air raider that i get a lot of time ago from eve gara, it only have the core weapon and a ballista shooter.

I started using it besides that I realized that the population of Lnds grew a lot and I can not use my Arts in these conditions, it is just a suicide, while there are many lands I will continue using the air raider, and i will continue having a good position.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Male Posts : 1054

PostSubject: Re: Try to be a better person   Try to be a better person EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 6:35 am

necrodrakath wrote:
xzpwnz wrote:

When? im only using a non-alpha air raider that i get a lot of time ago from eve gara, it only have the core weapon and a ballista shooter.

You lost me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kito.winterwing.com
necrodrakath
Game Hater
necrodrakath

PostSubject: Re: Try to be a better person   Try to be a better person EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 6:47 am

Kitouski wrote:
necrodrakath wrote:
xzpwnz wrote:

You lost me.

this is my big shitty build, is it great? it spam nukes? it have homing blaster and k-shield with a big badass sword who does 100 dmg in one slash? And who can forgive the galtings and the rapid missiles, the pilebunker, frau legs, greiaut ams, and all that shit.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
reiya
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
reiya

PostSubject: Re: Try to be a better person   Try to be a better person EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 7:01 am

why dun you use UC bots then
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Male Posts : 2811

PostSubject: Re: Try to be a better person   Try to be a better person EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 7:29 am

Aha.

I try to leave unexperienced players alone when I 'feel' I have a large advantage unless they attack me first and begin to chase me.
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: Try to be a better person   Try to be a better person EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 11:25 am

i ran away when i saw a circle rank, still at full health.
30 seconds later he was killed by my teammate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Try to be a better person   Try to be a better person EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 11:56 am

Cori saw some triangle fat art. Can't help not to poke. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Try to be a better person   Try to be a better person EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 2:51 pm

xzpwnz wrote:
http://puu.sh/44i6

getting crown with 500 cost UC throwaway bots, gg EN

I miss the days when people weren't so cripple at this game that they had to have bots that aim for them to accomplish anything.

Kitouski wrote:
necrodrakath wrote:
xzpwnz wrote:

You lost me.
Air Raider works fine as a non-alpha, but after seeing that build...
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Try to be a better person   Try to be a better person EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 3:00 pm

Suguri wrote:
xzpwnz wrote:

I miss the days when people weren't so cripple at this game that they had to have bots that aim for them to accomplish anything.

A bizarre byproduct of the meta from awhile back. Everything hopped or was some 34+fly air so homing weapons just made life easier, new players introduced pick up homing weapons, but never had the same experience with aiming as older players. Meta shift to the need for weapons you have to aim (seraph resurgence) and the newer players suddenly have a skill deficit they didn't know they had.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: Try to be a better person   Try to be a better person EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 4:11 pm

Suguri wrote:
xzpwnz wrote:

What happened to your strategic retreat? O_O

It's honestly pointless to not kill noobs in a game full of pros. Even if you don't, somebody on your team will do it anyway, so why bother showing them mercy?
They shouldn't be trying to take on pros when they're still idiotic noobs, they should be in the nooblet rooms building their skills with the other nooblets.
But of course they think they're the shit, so...meh, they get what they're asking for if they jump into a pro room, if you ask me.

I usually don't bother showing them mercy. They're usually attacking first anyway, so it's a whole lot of fun when I turn around and blast their poor starter's face off, chase em around with Wings, and finish with a Tackle.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Try to be a better person   Try to be a better person EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 4:13 pm

FireKiller87 wrote:

Remind me why I'd make a strategic retreat with a 500 cost throwaway bot. :V
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: Try to be a better person   Try to be a better person EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 4:18 pm

Suguri wrote:
FireKiller87 wrote:

Remind me why I'd make a strategic retreat with a 500 cost throwaway bot. :V

Dunno. Maybe if your team had 495 BP left? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
yilx
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
yilx

Male Posts : 254

PostSubject: Re: Try to be a better person   Try to be a better person EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 4:23 pm

on circle rankd and stuff: I can't bring myself to attack stock crims/jikuns/lilys and I turn away when I see a jaguar arm/mach knight
it's just... i just cant bring myself to attack them No

on op and stuff: I love using these 'not so op' bots, but when the enemy team is composed of 4 quilalgirls 5 boxgirls 3 venguaerds and shit I really can't take it anymore and have no choice but to use my own to even out/kick their I-MUST-WIN-ALL-THE-TIME asses.

I usually play my scaregant/cosmo ac/laz/connie/saggy III/etcetc when I want to have fun but certain people who use things like an air looping laggy aquillagirl, 3x venguard commando, kutens and windsisters, it just makes me want to use my mbg and stuff. No

it is suffering No
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Try to be a better person   Try to be a better person EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:09 pm

...and even a Mighty Byne w/Kamui Staff(and a handy machine-gun) can't help me....

Been around since early closed beta and my lack of ability with melee is...well, nearly mythical at this point; got an Ivis during beta, tried it in a pvp match, landed ONE SWING, put it into my sub-garage and never touched it again after that!

Got even worse yesterday with the above-mentioned Byne on my alt account('Emperor-C' on Brd); lost to a lone nearly stock 'berll...even if that medium art hadn't shown up at the end, it wouldnt've made a difference...she still had enough hp to survive. Crying or Very sad

...living proof right here that certain bots/weapons aren't always OP, despite experience!

I obviously can't play in the low-rank rooms due to rank, and my Br's holding at 4.2, but just BARELY...so what's a hopelessly mediocre at best player to do? *shrug*
Back to top Go down
efaj

PostSubject: Re: Try to be a better person   Try to be a better person EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:21 pm

CapeMike wrote:

I obviously can't play in the low-rank rooms due to rank, and my Br's holding at 4.2, but just BARELY...so what's a hopelessly mediocre at best player to do? *shrug*
Don't you dare call yourself mediocre with that Br.... at the moment, I managed to get to 0.993 V.V
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Try to be a better person   Try to be a better person EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:31 pm

efaj wrote:
CapeMike wrote:

Don't you dare call yourself mediocre with that Br.... at the moment, I managed to get to 0.993 V.V

...I stand thoroughly corrected!

I'd offer to help with advice, but I'm only useful with Support bots.... Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
halcyon
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
halcyon

PostSubject: Re: Try to be a better person   Try to be a better person EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 6:05 pm

Now I only use my ah-chan in missions or quest.... ;_;

But yeah, I tend to avoid circle/triangle ranks if there are other people to shoot at. But if they seem like a pro alt, I would go for them.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Try to be a better person   Try to be a better person EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 6:10 pm

halcyon wrote:
Now I only use my ah-chan in missions or quest.... ;_;

But yeah, I tend to avoid circle/triangle ranks if there are other people to shoot at. But if they seem like a pro alt, I would go for them.

Being almost exclusively Support, I generally won't even engage a target unless it attacks me 1st...; still, even I have my moments of brilliance...successfully stood-off 5 bots during beta with my Pulsycait-01 in a fighting withdrawl...they got me, but not before I took one of them with me and bought time for my side to get back to the PS!

It's -usually- obivious which alts are pro alts...but don't get TOO careless! Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Frederica-Bernkastel
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Frederica-Bernkastel

PostSubject: Re: Try to be a better person   Try to be a better person EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 11:50 pm

Circles and triangles in non noob rooms are just begging to be killed.

I really dont know why they insist on leaving their sanctuary so soon. But that is good in a way, the feast never ends. Delicious noobs are delicious.
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: Try to be a better person   Try to be a better person EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 11:58 pm

I kill low ranks who shoot me, or are obviously alts of high ranked players.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: Try to be a better person   Try to be a better person EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 2:15 am

Frederica-Bernkastel wrote:
Circles and triangles in non noob rooms are just begging to be killed.

I really dont know why they insist on leaving their sanctuary so soon. But that is good in a way, the feast never ends. Delicious noobs are delicious.

This. This. This. This. This.

Did I mention this? I don't think I did, not nearly enough.
Back to top Go down
Mac2492
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: Try to be a better person   Try to be a better person EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 2:43 am

Concerning Circle/Triangle ranks:
Honestly, I don't see any reason to hold back on Circle/Triangle ranks in matches. If there's a huge skill difference, they can learn from watching you. If you have a bot that counters theirs, you're going to have an advantage regardless of rank. If you're just overpowered, maybe that's the problem. Instead of ignoring new players or going easy on them, it's better to offer helpful advice so that they actually learn something. I'd say ignoring them/holding back causes more harm than good, as it teaches them bad habits.
=> For example: The other day I saw a circle rank meleeing on the ground with a Crimrose. I shot him dead, then suggested that he didn't melee on the ground with an air bot. Any intelligent player would figure this out on their own after a while, but might as well tell the guy what he's doing wrong rather than ignore him or let him kill use that moronic tactic for any longer.

Concerning "OP" bots:
It is a bit crazy that there are AGs/Vanguards in almost every game I enter, but if people have fun playing these bots then why should they have to stop? They paid money for the bots and have the right to use them as much as they want. People naturally lean towards more effective tools. You don't see countries saying, "we're not going to research better weapons because that's UNFAIR". In general, all of us try to maximize the effectiveness of our bots. This includes picking optimal parts and weapons, and even tuning if resources allow. How is this better than using bots with amazing built-in weapons? We still use Stardust Cannons, Ballista Shooters, Railguns, Tail Wisps, and so on. I'm sure if AG's homing blaster was turned into a main hand weapon, many of you would use it without thinking twice.

I have lots of respect for people who can aim well and kill with low-cost bots using dinky weapons, and also for people who play use creative/smart tactics. I simply don't think it's fair to expect everyone to play like this. Even worse, many players complain about OP bots (even stock ones) while using bots with one/two maxed stats and hax guns. Even Sam, who often leads his team to victory with camo/teleport bits, has a hax Lily Rain EVE that he uses when the map calls for it, and this doesn't make me respect him any less. This is a competitive game. Games are meant to be fun, but competitions are meant to be won. It's completely reasonable to use tools that make winning easier, especially if they give you a huge advantage over everyone else.

With that said, I do feel that the homing on Aquila Girl's blaster should be reverted to pre-patch state for balance reasons. It's just that some people make it sound as if AG players are lifeless demons who don't care about others at all. In reality, they just like using a cute bot with a really, really good gun. Same goes for users of other "OP" bots. Suppose someone gets a Vanguard from Garapon and they love slashing things to death. Are you seriously going to ask them to use UC bots with dinky store-bought melee weapons instead of their beastly Vanguard? That would be unfair.

@necro's build:
Ballista Shooter on a bot with 35 Fly and 23 Tec? That's a freakin' good bot. <_<;
Not criticizing you at all here, but this is exactly my point. Why do we complain about AGs (even non-tuned ones) when we're using bots like this ourselves? AG's blaster has amazing homing, but any semi-capable player using the bot you posted will still chase everyone down and murder them.

Now if you did well with the bot below then I'd give you mad props (but still wouldn't agree with the vendetta against "OP" bots).
Spoiler:

Ending comments:
I'm not trying to insult anyone here, as my intention is the complete opposite. As long as a player isn't exploiting glitches and/or flaws in the game system, I see no reason to hold unreasonable grudges against them. All of us want bots that are good at what they do. People who customize their "non-OP" bots to create killing machines really end up with bots just as good as the "OP" bots they so hate, albeit putting more effort into doing so. People who rely on skill and use stock/cheap bots to get high scores are truly commendable, but using this fact to insult "OP" bot users is simply elitist. Yes, you are more skilled than them. Good for you? If you really want them to change the way they play, how about try showing them a playstyle that they'll find more fun and rewarding instead of simply insulting them?

Anyone who gets devoured by "OP" bots just needs to change their tactics around. If these bots were game-breaking, they would probably have been tweaked by now. If every robot in your commando is getting killed by the same bot, the problem is with your commando and not the bot. I'm sure as heck not going to take out a Vanguard Fencer with my R.Winberrl-chan, K.Jikun Long-chan, Maril March Trill commando, but my commando with Crimrose and Tarantulic could probably do it. Every bot has a counter. If you can't beat something, put something that counters it in your commando or live with the fact that you are at a disadvantage.
Back to top Go down
necrodrakath
Game Hater
necrodrakath

PostSubject: Re: Try to be a better person   Try to be a better person EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 3:40 am

Mac2492 wrote:
Concerning Circle/Triangle ranks:
Honestly, I don't see any reason to hold back on Circle/Triangle ranks in matches. If there's a huge skill difference, they can learn from watching you. If you have a bot that counters theirs, you're going to have an advantage regardless of rank. If you're just overpowered, maybe that's the problem. Instead of ignoring new players or going easy on them, it's better to offer helpful advice so that they actually learn something. I'd say ignoring them/holding back causes more harm than good, as it teaches them bad habits.
=> For example: The other day I saw a circle rank meleeing on the ground with a Crimrose. I shot him dead, then suggested that he didn't melee on the ground with an air bot. Any intelligent player would figure this out on their own after a while, but might as well tell the guy what he's doing wrong rather than ignore him or let him kill use that moronic tactic for any longer.

Concerning "OP" bots:
It is a bit crazy that there are AGs/Vanguards in almost every game I enter, but if people have fun playing these bots then why should they have to stop? They paid money for the bots and have the right to use them as much as they want. People naturally lean towards more effective tools. You don't see countries saying, "we're not going to research better weapons because that's UNFAIR". In general, all of us try to maximize the effectiveness of our bots. This includes picking optimal parts and weapons, and even tuning if resources allow. How is this better than using bots with amazing built-in weapons? We still use Stardust Cannons, Ballista Shooters, Railguns, Tail Wisps, and so on. I'm sure if AG's homing blaster was turned into a main hand weapon, many of you would use it without thinking twice.

I have lots of respect for people who can aim well and kill with low-cost bots using dinky weapons, and also for people who play use creative/smart tactics. I simply don't think it's fair to expect everyone to play like this. Even worse, many players complain about OP bots (even stock ones) while using bots with one/two maxed stats and hax guns. Even Sam, who often leads his team to victory with camo/teleport bits, has a hax Lily Rain EVE that he uses when the map calls for it, and this doesn't make me respect him any less. This is a competitive game. Games are meant to be fun, but competitions are meant to be won. It's completely reasonable to use tools that make winning easier, especially if they give you a huge advantage over everyone else.

With that said, I do feel that the homing on Aquila Girl's blaster should be reverted to pre-patch state for balance reasons. It's just that some people make it sound as if AG players are lifeless demons who don't care about others at all. In reality, they just like using a cute bot with a really, really good gun. Same goes for users of other "OP" bots. Suppose someone gets a Vanguard from Garapon and they love slashing things to death. Are you seriously going to ask them to use UC bots with dinky store-bought melee weapons instead of their beastly Vanguard? That would be unfair.

@necro's build:
Ballista Shooter on a bot with 35 Fly and 23 Tec? That's a freakin' good bot. <_<;
Not criticizing you at all here, but this is exactly my point. Why do we complain about AGs (even non-tuned ones) when we're using bots like this ourselves? AG's blaster has amazing homing, but any semi-capable player using the bot you posted will still chase everyone down and murder them.

Now if you did well with the bot below then I'd give you mad props (but still wouldn't agree with the vendetta against "OP" bots).
Spoiler:

Ending comments:
I'm not trying to insult anyone here, as my intention is the complete opposite. As long as a player isn't exploiting glitches and/or flaws in the game system, I see no reason to hold unreasonable grudges against them. All of us want bots that are good at what they do. People who customize their "non-OP" bots to create killing machines really end up with bots just as good as the "OP" bots they so hate, albeit putting more effort into doing so. People who rely on skill and use stock/cheap bots to get high scores are truly commendable, but using this fact to insult "OP" bot users is simply elitist. Yes, you are more skilled than them. Good for you? If you really want them to change the way they play, how about try showing them a playstyle that they'll find more fun and rewarding instead of simply insulting them?

Anyone who gets devoured by "OP" bots just needs to change their tactics around. If these bots were game-breaking, they would probably have been tweaked by now. If every robot in your commando is getting killed by the same bot, the problem is with your commando and not the bot. I'm sure as heck not going to take out a Vanguard Fencer with my R.Winberrl-chan, K.Jikun Long-chan, Maril March Trill commando, but my commando with Crimrose and Tarantulic could probably do it. Every bot has a counter. If you can't beat something, put something that counters it in your commando or live with the fact that you are at a disadvantage.

I agree, and i too like to play for fun with Sam who its really smart, i can not to respond because they screwed over my all points.
And about my bot is really easy to kill, any nuke makes a lot of damage 80-100.

I still hating ah-chan, alphags and nuke spamming.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Try to be a better person   Try to be a better person Empty

Back to top Go down

Try to be a better person
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next