Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread

Go down 
+6
Iseal
Z741
Eruwa
RoflWaffle
IronDicks
Mac2492
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Mac2492
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 107

Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread   Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 1:00 am

When I first started, I threw Laz-chan into my commando and wondered why the heck I couldn't kill anything with kisses. Needless to say, she was sidelined for a while. Now chibis are my favorite bots to use.

So here's a thread dedicated to chibi discussion, tips, and questions.

I'll start it off by giving some general tips from my experience (which isn't much, but hey).
This is a massive post, so feel free to skip to relevant sections or avoid it altogether and just talk about chibis (preferably about gameplay and not just looks). This thread isn't just for my babble about chibi-tactics. I'm simply writing the stuff below because they are my tips (that I bet no one will bother reading xD).

General Non-Chibi Tips:
1) If you see a chibi, it's generally a good idea to give them your Wonder Drugs. I often drop Repair Kits for people who are in a pinch, and all chibis want in return is Wonder Drugs so that they can heal YOU. I've had people rush in front of me to nab a Wonder Drug so that they can activate their axe bits and it just hurts to watch. This applies to Sups in general, but especially chibis because a good chibi will always have a repair bit, whereas certain Sups opt for offensive bits to suit their build.
2) Part Repair is also nice for chibis since their heads break off easily (ew). If you don't need Part Repair, I can't think of any bots that need them more than chibis.
3) Don't leave your chibi teammates alone. I've had teams that go WOOOOOOOOOSHFLYCHARGEINTOBATTTEEEEELLLLLLKILLLKILLKILLROAROMGIMSOCOOL, leaving my poor little chibi all alone. Guess what happens next. Yup. The AGs, Ivises, Jikuns, etc., come in for the easy picking. Chibis are not as flexible as normal bots when it comes to customization, and it's much harder to get to 40 wlk/fly with them. They are not going to keep up with your Seraph Wings, 40 wlk lands, and so on. <_<;
4) Unless no one else is around, do not step in a circle if you don't need its bonus. Chibi circles expire after a certain number of people receive its effects.
5) Kind of sad that I have to mention this, but every chibi only has ONE type of circle. I've had people come up to my R.Winberrl-chan and ask for ammo after they stand in my repair circle. I just look at them and face...plant--chibi style.

General Chibi Tips:
1) Whenever you place a circle, it's helpful to shout out that you placed "X-type circle here" (macro it!). Otherwise, only the people facing you will ever know it's there. This generally won't happen unless you're in front or your team is retreating, both of which are a good signal for you to turn around and GET BACK. (rawrscreenshot)
2) Kisses heal 3 HP per shot (one shot per second). You can approximately double this by activating Hyper Shot. For bots that don't need a ton of HP recovered, standing under PS and spamming kisses is often enough to get them going.
3) For those who didn't know, kisses give All-Guard. This grants Shell Guard (10% def), Beam Guard (25% def), Sword Guard (25% def), AND Blast Guard (50% def). According to another player, this stacks on top of any guards they already have built-in. Spam those kisses!
4) Always, always, always stick with your team unless you are absolutely certain that your opponent is a moron (and even then it's better to stick with your team). I've taken out a 1495 cost Jikun with Feng Mei-chan and a similarly expensive Art with Laz-chan + Handy Magnum, but these are extremely rare situations and facing a skilled player who uses a non-chibi bot will inevitably end up with your chibi going boom. The best weapons chibis have are their heads and their friends. Play smart--use your radar to stay near your friends. If you do get jumped, Hyper Shot is your friend.
5) Obvious one. Use a repair bit (mini if you have no normal ones). Please. Exception is if you're in Epoch (offense), but then you probably shouldn't be using a chibi there unless you have Hyper Shot circle. Also, repair bits heal twice as fast under a PS, so stand under one if it's nearby unless you're placing a circle.
6) All circles have a limited number of "uses". After a certain number of people step in a circle, the circle will vanish. One player stated that upgrading Internal Weapons increases the limit, but I have yet to confirm this (because all my chibis save one are long-range/shell supply). Do not step in your own circle if you do not need its bonus, because that's one less use that could have gone to a teammate.
7) Never place circles under PS (R.Winberrl-chan is allowed to break this rule with her repair circle). Players can only receive one support effect at a time, and circle effects prevent players from getting HS until they run out (overriding HS if they already have it). You want players to have a choice between your circle effect and Hyper Shot, so place circles beside the PS. If you get bumped under PS while making a circle then it really can't be helped (but Absorb Bump is generally a good idea for chibis). If you place Hyper Shot circle under PS, I honestly don't know what to say to you. (but, actually, circle HS lasts a lot longer so it's not as silly as it seems)

Long-Range/Shell Supply Chibis: This makes up the majority of chibis and their playstyle is really similar for the most part. The only difference between these bots are stats and certain cartridges, but they don't change gameplay THAT much.
1) Strengthen Internal Weapons is useless for these bots, so avoid it. For kisses, you'll shoot 10% faster with +4 internal (same speed otherwise) and have more ammo, but your circle refills ammo. For your circle, you'll have twice as much ammo with +4 internal, but your circle refills ammo. Did I mention that your circle refills ammo?
2) Place your circle often, preferably around your artillery in the back (you will be loved) OR areas with many teammates around. Chances are someone needs ammo. Stand still after placing your circle to regain your ammo, then move out of the way so you don't receive ammo twice and expend an extra circle use (unless that is your intention).
3) Long-range increases the range of kisses, so you can all-guard and heal from farther away by standing on your own circle. Do note that Hyper Shot is more helpful if you want to heal fast, so if you're near a PS and you want to heal it's better to place the circle beside the PS (again, never under) then quickly move under the PS to get Hyper Shot instead of Long Range.

That's about it for general tips. Now a tip or two for the chibis that I have...

K-Jikun-Long - BROAD RADAR
BD) BROAD RADAR. Only four chibis get this (Ivis, Thoarla, and Melfi are the other three). This alone makes her and Thoarla the most useful long-range/shell supply chibis, in my opinion. Also, tuning your HD with Eternal will prevent it from breaking, thus preventing your radar from breaking, thus allowing you to always know where your teammate AND enemies are. Cost aside, this is absurdly useful.
LG) Kick is pretty much useless. Don't use it when winning is important. =P
HD) The head sub-weapon (which supposedly draws enemies in) is tricky to hit with and is very much situational. 90% of the time, you do not want enemies to get closer to your chibi.

Feng Mei-chan - pesterbot?
BD) The only notable features I see are her high base Fly, swappable booster, and the fact that she can get Float Dash and Quick Boost. This makes her pretty darn mobile, and her sub-weapon further helps this (not much though). Goes well with her main weapon, which is insanely hard to dodge.
AM) Her weapon is a bit weak. The main redeeming factor is that it's pretty easy to hit with this weapon. Slow-moving enemies will NOT be able to dodge it, making it very useful for support damage and being annoying in general. Only squishy people (like that Jikun who took 17 damage per shot 8D) can be taken down from full HP with it. For those who don't know, her weapon is not changeable. I don't really get Feng Mei's sub weapon. It has 3 ammo and creates a whirlwind that pushes your teammates (not even enemies) forward. You fly far, but there aren't many practical situations in which you'd use this and there isn't enough ammo to waste it on impractical situations.

R.Winberrl-chan - best support chibi ever. I have a lot to say about this one.
BD) Most notably, her circle is a Repair Field. It lasts 20 seconds and stepping in it will give you auto-repair (7 hp/sec) for 6 seconds. This means you'll regain 42 HP over time just by touching the circle. If you stand in the circle and receive auto-repair all three times, you'll regain 126 HP (iusedmaths). You can spam kisses on top of this to heal 10 HP per second, then stack Repair Bit for omgcannotdothemathbutitisreallyfast HP recovery. Being under PS will make kisses and Repair Bit even more effective. Strengthen Internal Weapon does NOT increase duration of the field or auto-repair. As with all chibi circles, this one has a limited number of uses so do NOT stand on it if you don't need it (if you are the caster, run off it before effect activates). For comparison, Regina Winberrl's repair field is about twice the diameter, lasts for 18ish seconds, gives auto-repair for 15 seconds (105 HP for one touch, 210 HP for two), and has no limit on uses according to a player I asked in-game.
HD) Amazing. A chibi that can bind from 200 range? Heck yes. This creates a (surprisingly large) field under the target that binds anyone who touches it. It CAN bind multiple enemies. The odd thing about this is that it targets two enemies yet only creates one field. The animation appears under one target, while the actual field is placed under the other (the field will be placed on the ground even if the target is in the air. if lady luck loves you, you can target an enemy in the air to bind the enemies below them. or you could just target the enemies below them <_<). This is both a blessing and a curse. On one hand, it makes targeting semi-random. On the other hand, INVISIBLE BIND FIELD HAX. This field does suffer from the same problem as Regina Winberrl's bind field, as it is slow and only hits enemies on the ground. Furthermore, the bind only lasts a second. That being said, it's still plenty useful for trapping unaware opponents and is infinitely more useful than any other chibi HD. Also, it may be possible to abuse airs by giving your rberi-chan a Paralyzer (with Paralyze tunes? 8D), shooting an air down, then immediately binding. I cannot test this since I don't have a Paralyzer. For faster bots, rberi-chans actually have another effective, albeit highly risky solution...
LG) The fact that I'm even mentioning the LGs of a chibi says something. As with all chibi LGs, it has a subweapon that makes your chibi fall flat on its face. Cute, but terrible in every practical situation. What sets rberi-chan apart from the rest is the fact that, about half the time, her LGs have one of the most useful effects of any LG subweapon. Rberi-chan will dash forward while creating a miniature bind circle (original Winberrl style) around her. This is fast enough to be used even with a melee spammer down your throat (a BB slashed me once, then I turned around and bound that sucker to the ground. too bad my teammates didn't help me xD) and you move really far. The move covers a slightly larger area than the animation would lead you to believe, which is another plus. If you trip, you'll run farther and fall but get up faster than more other chibis do, so it isn't certain death. If you do succeed, the bind lasts a second. This move is veryveryvery risky, but it can be used both offensively (bind fast runners and airs, since you can use it in the air if you don't trip xD) and defensively (bind those darn melees). If your opponent isn't targeting you, it's possible to recover from trips safely. My favorite way to use this move is to strafe sideways and aim to the right/left of my target so I dash past them + bind. As with her HD, these LGs are situational but infinitely better than any other chibi LGs. Here are screenshots showing how far she goes in both cases: start - bind - trip
Misc) Rberi-chan is the best healer chibi in the game. Repair field + kisses will let you heal faster than a repair bit, without a repair bit. Thanks to her binds, she can get by without a weapon and still contribute offensively (though you might as well stick on a Handy Magnum. 15 cost). The binds only lasts a second, but that's potentially fatal if you have teammates around. In battle, I recommend keeping her HD subweapon on until you need to heal. Why? Because her LG sub is underneath, so you can use it by holding E. Gives you access to both of your binds without needing to shift right click. Also, tuning Eternal on her HD isn't a bad idea. Doing so will simultaneously prevent you from losing radar and ranged binds (which are much safer than her coin flip LGs). Now if R.Winberrl-chan had Melfi-chan's bow, we wouldn't need any other healer in the game. 'alas xD
=> the joys of playing Rberi-chan

So... Favorite chibis? Tips? I see lots of chibis in game, but even the ones who know what they are doing often just serve as great healers since you never know when/where they place their circles. I'm by no means a great chibi player, but I've had people flock to me just by placing an ammo circle and telling my team that I did so. Communication goes a long way.

Last edited by Mac2492 on Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
IronDicks
♥ラブマスター♥
♥ラブマスター♥
IronDicks

Male Posts : 1504

PostSubject: Re: Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread   Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 5:05 am

Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread Chibis11
i like chibis, they are so easy to skin, and the asymmetrical face paints you can do makes them even better for it, once upon a time i fought with chibis, but opted for more fire power, none the less though i like my chibis for the skinableness
Back to top Go down
Mac2492
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread   Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 5:53 am

So jelly of your collection. And yesss. First thing I did was give a chibi different colored eyes. Second thing I did was this. Didn't finish because I don't use Koko. Kuten Jikun Long-chan sort of beats her out with Broad Radar. xP

You should totally use Ion-chan and Rberi-chan in battle. Ion-chan for surprising firepower (supposedly) and Rberi-chan for epic heals. 8D

P.S. Nice random Feng Mei in the corner.
Back to top Go down
IronDicks
♥ラブマスター♥
♥ラブマスター♥
IronDicks

Male Posts : 1504

PostSubject: Re: Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread   Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 6:26 am

Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread Skins10
these 3 are probably my more notable skins that i've made myself, others are either minor tweaks or downloaded from CBJP forums
Back to top Go down
RoflWaffle
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 194

PostSubject: Re: Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread   Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 9:24 pm

Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread Chibisuchan

DID SOMEBODY SAY CHIIIIIBIIIIIS?
Back to top Go down
Eruwa
Eruwa

PostSubject: Re: Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread   Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 12:21 am

Hmm, with chibis I usually stick with burners, low ammo yes but the burn can sometimes save your life and it's not like you need a weapon that can kill. Quoting someone I met in arena once: "It's fine for Supports to be in the back"

Also a question about Ion-chan: Does her water buff remove CV/Power Gain because of Clearance? I think it -does- remove HS and Long Range but I'm not sure :/

And yes, Beru-chan's HD sub is awesome, I once killed a full HP fat art by spamming Burner->Thorn all by myself Very Happy

Last edited by Eruwa on Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Z741
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Z741

Male Posts : 739

PostSubject: Re: Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread   Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 12:59 am

Spoiler:

I usually play my chibis as midline offensive support, hiding behind the attacking force and spamming kisses in all directions so that pressure can be kept on the opposing team. Also, hide behind terrain features [the huge pillars on that map layout, the name escapes me at the moment] and cast long range buff circle. If things don't exactly go as planned, sure I'll fall back and heal if needed.

For weapons, I usually sport a Scouter's Rifle, neverminding the heavy STR penalty. I prefer being able to return some form of fire if I'm getting shot at whilst moving for cover, heh. The rifle rounds hit hard enough to get some decent damage, and I've gotten myself a modest share of frags with chibis this way. Other weapons on my chibis include a range-tuned BMG and the versatile Handy Magnum.

One thing I insist on [for mine, anyway] is at least one mobility cart. As no chibi has access to Short Boost, it's either Float Dash or Sway..... *maybe* Boost Run if you feel like tuning WLK up, but I've yet to attempt this. This is just to make sure you have a better chance at evading shots and getting away from a Vanguard. Feel free to disregard this point as you wish, if regular chibi movement is fine for you and you need another cart in place of Sway/Float Dash.
Back to top Go down
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

Male Posts : 268

PostSubject: Re: Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread   Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 5:44 pm

Ion-chan's Clearance SHOULD remove CV, seeing as it's granted by Ivis-chan's circles. Ion-chan's bazookas actually get buffed by IEW carts, 2 force and 20 ammo for the first two carts. If it continues at the same rate, I should have a 13x2 force arcing bazooka with 220 ammo, and be the best friend of anyone who runs low on ammo.
Back to top Go down
Mac2492
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread   Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 5:55 pm

Eruwa wrote:
And yes, Beru-chan's HD sub is awesome, I once killed a full HP fat art by spamming Burner->Thorn all by myself Very Happy
Poor thing. xD

Z741 wrote:
One thing I insist on [for mine, anyway] is at least one mobility cart. As no chibi has access to Short Boost, it's either Float Dash or Sway..... *maybe* Boost Run if you feel like tuning WLK up, but I've yet to attempt this. This is just to make sure you have a better chance at evading shots and getting away from a Vanguard. Feel free to disregard this point as you wish, if regular chibi movement is fine for you and you need another cart in place of Sway/Float Dash.
Seems like a good idea in general, though none of my chibis have a movement cart (mostly because the only chibi I've leveled past 5 is R.Beruberu and she's opting for Enhance Internal Weapon for more repair circles).

Iseal wrote:
Ion-chan's Clearance SHOULD remove CV, seeing as it's granted by Ivis-chan's circles. Ion-chan's bazookas actually get buffed by IEW carts, 2 force and 20 ammo for the first two carts. If it continues at the same rate, I should have a 13x2 force arcing bazooka with 220 ammo, and be the best friend of anyone who runs low on ammo.
That's really interesting. Will remake my Feng Mei chan later to see if she has a similar bonus.

I really hope they rerelease chibis at some point after the collection event. I started after Melfi/Ivis-chan were released, and didn't have enough RT for Ion-chan until the day after she was removed from shop. OTL
Back to top Go down
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

PostSubject: Re: Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread   Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 6:04 pm

If the part/weapon has a star on the left, instead of a "right AM/left AM/HD/etc" symbol, it has a possibility to be increased. It might not get buffed, but it has the requirements. Ion-chan's watering can doesn't get any extra ammo from EIW, so you have to avoid spamming it when you super-refill ammo. Feng Mei-chan's wind carry sub-wep seems like it could be interesting when paired with slower movement+40 TGH melees or a triple bombing CS-chan.
Do you think it would work on a Winberyl that has the bind out? If it doesn't cancel the bind, that would shut down an entire line of enemies for a second or two. If the Winberyl had a Teleport Bit out earlier, it would be an awesome way to semi-safely rush a PS.
Back to top Go down
Mac2492
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread   Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 6:09 pm

Iseal wrote:
If the part/weapon has a star on the left, instead of a "right AM/left AM/HD/etc" symbol, it has a possibility to be increased. It might not get buffed, but it has the requirements. Ion-chan's watering can doesn't get any extra ammo from EIW, so you have to avoid spamming it when you super-refill ammo. Feng Mei-chan's wind carry sub-wep seems like it could be interesting when paired with slower movement+40 TGH melees or a triple bombing CS-chan.
Do you think it would work on a Winberyl that has the bind out? If it doesn't cancel the bind, that would shut down an entire line of enemies for a second or two. If the Winberyl had a Teleport Bit out earlier, it would be an awesome way to semi-safely rush a PS.
Ah, did not know that Ion chan's Bazooka had a star on it. Chances are, EIW doesn't affect Feng Mei's wind slicers.

Will try to test out Feng Mei's wind carry today (instead of resetting xD).
Back to top Go down
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

PostSubject: Re: Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread   Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 6:21 pm

I heard it only affects allies, not enemies. Just for curiousity's sake, could you test whether it works on CV'd bots, if it flinches 'beryls during bind, and whether it does the 1-dmg-to-allies thing?
Back to top Go down
Mac2492
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread   Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 8:38 pm

Wind Blow only affects allies and does no damage. Tested that early on. I don't have friends with an Ivis, but if you have one I'll gladly test with you.

As for flinching Winberrl during bind...
for great justice:
Back to top Go down
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

PostSubject: Re: Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread   Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 9:25 pm

I have an Ivis-chan if that will work. There shouldn't be any difference in the CV properties, right?

That Winberyl launch was AWESOME! Should be hilarious on Defense Epoch for the Encircled maps on the bridge.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread   Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 11:12 pm

Iseal wrote:
I have an Ivis-chan if that will work. There shouldn't be any difference in the CV properties, right?
The CV is only like 3 seconds.
Back to top Go down
Mac2492
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread   Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 12:27 am

Iseal and I tested just now and Wind Blow does send you flying even if you have Crimson Veil.
Spoiler:

Also tested it with Winberrl Ellen and you can launch her during bind for insane bind hax.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Mac2492 on Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread   Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 12:38 am

Spoiler alert: Feng Mei wind tunnels are just like the wind tunnels on maps like green field. Only difference is that they only affect allies.
Back to top Go down
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

PostSubject: Re: Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread   Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 12:39 am

Well that could've saved us a lot of time. Razz Seems it's unrefillable by Long Range Circles also.
Back to top Go down
VietPho
Always Drunk
VietPho

Male Posts : 2202

PostSubject: Re: Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread   Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 2:14 am

I'm thinking about tuning a biker Chibi. Are EIW tunes still useless on these chibis?
Back to top Go down
http://vietpho.net
MrCake
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
MrCake

PostSubject: Re: Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread   Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 3:58 am

you are drunk, look at the date for god sake
Back to top Go down
Higichi
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Male Posts : 343

PostSubject: Re: Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread   Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 4:09 am

2011 #em8
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread   Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Chibi Bot Tip/Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 1