Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CB's best hopper?

Go down 
+18
Aurum_Sol
rei_hunter
Hyoka
bippusuta
Winty
LordShade
Turkeysaur
Tuskin
Suguri
Aria
Raven
fggt
shinigami
PandaRehab
reVelske
xzpwnz
hankzorz
FenixStryk
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kecepirit
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Kecepirit

CB's best hopper? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB's best hopper?   CB's best hopper? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 10:30 pm

legit maneuver is one thing.

but when people didn't fare better than a square rank newb when they're not hopping tells another thing.
Back to top Go down
Turkeysaur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Turkeysaur

PostSubject: Re: CB's best hopper?   CB's best hopper? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 2:05 am

Kecepirit wrote:
legit maneuver is one thing.

but when people didn't fare better than a square rank newb when they're not hopping tells another thing.

Yeah, it's a sign to already put the option to enable/disable auto-aim. By the way, hopping isn't the only thing that abuses the player's inability to actually control their aim.

And as Koi mentioned before: Set some control against >300 ms ping players, it's not funny watching guys like Babymaster warping around the map 24/7 until somebody manages to stun him, and melees teleporting right in your face when you're playing art.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: CB's best hopper?   CB's best hopper? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 6:01 am

knyx wrote:

I like how you call it an abuse of game mechanics when they had a year to fix it.

TBG getting an extra 50% damage for her missiles if you combo into them with a melee got fixed the update after sugoi if my sources are correct. Hopping is a legit tactic, hopping takes more skill than spamming mouse 2 or autopilot holding down mouse 1

fixing toybox girl is propably easier then rewriting basic mechanics of the engine

if they would integrate a way to turn of the aiming support OR just soften the aiming support >most< hoppers would be nothing more then a pile of junk

the whole idea of hopping is about 10% dodging and 90% redirection of bullets due to abusing the aiming help of the other players and this is what makes you abusing the game mechanics instead of relying on your reactions to skillfully dodge incomming fire (there are few hoppers that combine both and THOSE guys are really hard to hit, but you can count them on one hands fingers propably)
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: CB's best hopper?   CB's best hopper? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 10:15 am

Aurum_Sol wrote:
knyx wrote:

I like how you call it an abuse of game mechanics when they had a year to fix it.

TBG getting an extra 50% damage for her missiles if you combo into them with a melee got fixed the update after sugoi if my sources are correct. Hopping is a legit tactic, hopping takes more skill than spamming mouse 2 or autopilot holding down mouse 1

fixing toybox girl is propably easier then rewriting basic mechanics of the engine

if they would integrate a way to turn of the aiming support OR just soften the aiming support >most< hoppers would be nothing more then a pile of junk

the whole idea of hopping is about 10% dodging and 90% redirection of bullets due to abusing the aiming help of the other players and this is what makes you abusing the game mechanics instead of relying on your reactions to skillfully dodge incomming fire (there are few hoppers that combine both and THOSE guys are really hard to hit, but you can count them on one hands fingers propably)

Easy isn't the point, it's whether or not CS intended on keeping a feature. TBG's fix was just part of the game mechanic of chain bonuses, where subs gain a 50% damage boost when chained from another. When this was not as intended, they fixed it. If hopping was anything other than CS's original intention it would have been fixed long ago.
Back to top Go down
Broken
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Broken

Male Posts : 467

PostSubject: Re: CB's best hopper?   CB's best hopper? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 11:13 am

knyx wrote:
Aurum_Sol wrote:
knyx wrote:

Easy isn't the point, it's whether or not CS intended on keeping a feature. TBG's fix was just part of the game mechanic of chain bonuses, where subs gain a 50% damage boost when chained from another. When this was not as intended, they fixed it. If hopping was anything other than CS's original intention it would have been fixed long ago.

Also,Laz has short boost and quick land in Single Player.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: CB's best hopper?   CB's best hopper? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 11:20 am

I wouldn't go as far as to say it's an abuse of game mechanics
It does take skill to hophop (to do it well anyways)
But when you have a commando of 3 similarly built hophops that's just overdoing it
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: CB's best hopper?   CB's best hopper? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 11:53 am

Broken wrote:

ok, just to make it easier: im not a programmer of any kind but i might be completly wrong, however: interrupting the combochain for tbg missiles should be a easy fix compared to >rebuilding the engines aiming system<
i dont even know if it would be possible without building the whole freaking engine from scratch again - while it might not be intended it might also be impossible to fix it, you should consider this side of the medal too

Quote :

implying what? that a movement card was intended to be used to >dodge< projectiles? of course it is -.-
that doesnt mean the whole redirecting of bullets due to hopping in a medium ping environment is intended

the only >reliable< way to hit a hopper (with ranged weaponry: not melee) is to work around a core mechanic of the game, the aiming help - you think it is intended that one player forces another player to somehow skip a FREAKIN CORE MECHANIC of the game ?! (okok, techincally you could attack him from the side but lets just assume the hopper has something called brain and will adjust its movement direction for the ambusher)

dont be stupid

PS: i am aware that very few airs are doing something similar, fast switching left/right strafing midflight without actually moving more then maybe 5 range units to either side, looks like they are shaking but redirects projectiles fairly well

Quote :
But when you have a commando of 3 similarly built hophops that's just overdoing it

stealing a lolipop and stealing a car is both stealing, its just that stealing the car will piss of the being stolen from much more

edit: cleaned up tags, thanks broken for pointing it out

Last edited by Aurum_Sol on Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Broken
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Broken

Male Posts : 467

PostSubject: Re: CB's best hopper?   CB's best hopper? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 12:18 pm

Aurum_Sol wrote:
Broken wrote:

ok, just to make it easier: im not a programmer of any kind but i might be completly wrong, however: interrupting the combochain for tbg missiles should be a easy fix compared to >rebuilding the engines aiming system<
i dont even know if it would be possible without building the whole freaking engine from scratch again - while it might not be intended it might also be impossible to fix it, you should consider this side of the medal too

Quote :

implying what? that a movement card was intended to be used to >dodge< projectiles? of course it is -.-
that doesnt mean the whole redirecting of bullets due to hopping in a medium ping environment is intended

the only >reliable< way to hit a hopper (with ranged weaponry: not melee) is to work around a core mechanic of the game, the aiming help - you think it is intended that one player forces another player to somehow skip a FREAKIN CORE MECHANIC of the game ?! (okok, techincally you could attack him from the side but lets just assume the hopper has something called brain and will adjust its movement direction for the ambusher)

dont be stupid

PS: i am aware that very few airs are doing something similar, fast switching left/right strafing midflight without actually moving more then maybe 5 range units to either side, looks like they are shaking but redirects projectiles fairly well

Quote :

stealing a lolipop and stealing a car is both stealing, its just that stealing the car will piss of the being stolen from much more

Fix your quotes brah.
Back to top Go down
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

Male Posts : 382

PostSubject: Re: CB's best hopper?   CB's best hopper? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 7:54 am

>hopping
>an exploit

I thought we moved past this when Final Beta ended?
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: CB's best hopper?   CB's best hopper? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 9:58 am

The aim assist makes rough adjustments, and you can still counter that with the cursor, and if that isn't enough, with your body's orientation. This combined with timing your shots will allow you hit hoppers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CB's best hopper?   CB's best hopper? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

CB's best hopper?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2