Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >:

Go down 
+15
fggt
BlackflareD
hyorinryu
Hyoka
FireKiller87
Trill
pulupulu
SkyPanic
Turkeysaur
xzpwnz
dsp
Yokura
Freestyler
Suguri
Kitouski
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

[Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >: - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >:   [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >: - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 12:58 pm

Trill wrote:
Drop the Ace Braver AM, Tough Runner, and Sniper Sight. With that teir boost run speed, you should either close the gap fast enough to negate having it for the 2-3 seconds you reach striking range, or just stop yourself from locking on by aiming in a different direction as you approach. I don't mean as in the other way, justnot directly at them to keep them in your visible sights while not having a lockon.

I suggest replacig those two carts with Shortboost/Quickland to give your Jikun added mobility and added survivability. Not sure what AM's, as I haven't needed S sized AM's with WLK/TGH/STR. Speaking of TGH, I suggest getting more TGH. 16 TGH+ stops you from being endlessly stunlocked by the likes of Cosmo Kaiser AC, or melée bots such as Ivis and ect...

As for parts, 3s parts will be ideal, instead of 1s parts. Try some of the low cost parts such as Froglander , Sword Wing, and ect AM's that commonly come in 3s.

Hm. I can see dropping Ace Braver AM and Sniper Sight. However, I'm still kinda sold on Tough Runner, as it augments whatever TGH I already have. If I do get 16+ TGH, keeping Tough Runner lets be avoid getting stunlocked even moreso when I'm boostrunning.
I decided to only go for Short Boost. Quick Land is nice, but I feel it's a luxury not necessary for Short Boost's performance.
Any TGH tuning will also drop my mobility out of OJ tier speed...so I also decided to keep Tough Runner.

Prospective build here:

【Robot Name】
Sonsaku Hakufu

【Parts】
BD: Jikun BD
 WB: Pillbox Unit
 LG: Jikun LG
 HD: Jikun HD
  HDAC: Black Layer Ribbon [Great Power Beta]
  FCAC: Berry Earrings
 BS: Accel Saber BS [Great Run Beta]
 AM: Dharma Star AM [Great Power Alpha] [High Run Alpha]
  WP: Viper Shield [High Run Beta] [High Run Beta]
 AM: Dikaros AM [High Run Beta]
  WP: Handy Bazooka

【Config Check】
COST: OK
BS: OK
LG: OK

【Stats】
TYPE: 陸
SIZE: S
COST: 1135
CAPA: 1135
HP: 411
STR: 25
TEC: 2
WLK: 34
FLY: 7
TGH: 11

LEVEL: 10

【Cartridges】
Capacity +60×6
Tough Runner
Short Boost
Boost Run
Quick Boost

【必要素材】
Fudara Cosmos×4
Midoro Cosmos×3
Blue Chip×65
Green Chip×55
Power Amp×30
Engine Shaft×37
Strike Metal×18
Drum Magazine×7
Shock Graphite×11
Snail Liquid×16

+3 STR, +2 TGH, +10 HP over the last build. +5 cost.
Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Male Posts : 1054

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >:   [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >: - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 9:50 pm

If you can help it, I would definitely use a Buckler instead, though I'm going to assume it's outside of your reach. If you absolutely must use alternate parts, Dikaros AMs will probably do better for you then the Dharma Star AM you have as the other arm. I believe there is also no difference in your melee attacks from 24 str to 25 str because it doesn't met the damage break off.

[s]Also, I think Trill meant Quick Land, not Quick Boost. Though I've always believed if you need Quick Land to hop, you're not a very good hopper... but it assists in Short Boost.[/s] (EDIT: Whoops, missed that you said you'd rather do without it.) The few things I disagree with Trill on though is getting tgh higher to aviod stun from melee... melee always stuns, pretty much no exceptions, as well as there's absolutely no reason to use low budget parts such as Sword Wing/Froglander AMs when Jikuns capa already sucks and getting stats straight from the part rather then tuning for it is generally more cost-efficient. Taking the most potentially useful one, Sword Wing, the AM gives 2 stats that go well towards Jikuns (2 str) and 15 HP at 40 capa. It also gives 1 TEC if that's worth noting. Dikarios matches the 2 STR with 2 WLK, but also gives 1 STR, 1 TEC and 25 HP at 40 cost.

I guess to put it (kind of?) simply, in order to get a Sword Wing AM to be as good as a Dikarios AM in tuning for a Jikun, you would need to tune it with base tunes ("Run" and "Power") to be as cost effective effective. Using High Alpha and Beta would work fine, but it would drag down your tec that helps your WB and gun and your fly which influences Boost Run. That and High tunes can just as easily done on a Dikarios AM, remember a Jikun's capa sucks, you'll probably be able to get away with 1s AMs easily. You'd pretty much ruin the point of using a different part for more slots and meeting a Dikarios AM would only yield the benefit of being 5 less cost then it, but you pay the price of 10 HP.

Also it's like... never, ever, ever a good idea to use Great tunes, they take up way too much capa. If you can help it, always use base tunes ("Power" and "Run") or High Alpha tunes if you have the capa to use. All of these are obtainable via UC (now thanks to UC garapon as well) and it gets a lot more out of your capa. Also, there's 25 capa left because that would either get you 4~5 more wlk/str so your wlk is back up to your other build, but you could also just use that to Great Speed tune your Handy Zook; something that would help it greatly. Something to think about, though I also don't know wlk breakpoints all too well so maybe there's a reason why you chose 34 wlk...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.kito.winterwing.com
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >:   [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >: - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Kitouski wrote:
If you can help it, I would definitely use a Buckler instead, though I'm going to assume it's outside of your reach. If you absolutely must use alternate parts, Dikaros AMs will probably do better for you then the Dharma Star AM you have as the other arm. I believe there is also no difference in your melee attacks from 24 str to 25 str because it doesn't met the damage break off.

[s]Also, I think Trill meant Quick Land, not Quick Boost. Though I've always believed if you need Quick Land to hop, you're not a very good hopper... but it assists in Short Boost.[/s] (EDIT: Whoops, missed that you said you'd rather do without it.) The few things I disagree with Trill on though is getting tgh higher to aviod stun from melee... melee always stuns, pretty much no exceptions, as well as there's absolutely no reason to use low budget parts such as Sword Wing/Froglander AMs when Jikuns capa already sucks and getting stats straight from the part rather then tuning for it is generally more cost-efficient. Taking the most potentially useful one, Sword Wing, the AM gives 2 stats that go well towards Jikuns (2 str) and 15 HP at 40 capa. It also gives 1 TEC if that's worth noting. Dikarios matches the 2 STR with 2 WLK, but also gives 1 STR, 1 TEC and 25 HP at 40 cost.

I guess to put it (kind of?) simply, in order to get a Sword Wing AM to be as good as a Dikarios AM in tuning for a Jikun, you would need to tune it with base tunes ("Run" and "Power") to be as cost effective effective. Using High Alpha and Beta would work fine, but it would drag down your tec that helps your WB and gun and your fly which influences Boost Run. That and High tunes can just as easily done on a Dikarios AM, remember a Jikun's capa sucks, you'll probably be able to get away with 1s AMs easily. You'd pretty much ruin the point of using a different part for more slots and meeting a Dikarios AM would only yield the benefit of being 5 less cost then it, but you pay the price of 10 HP.

Also it's like... never, ever, ever a good idea to use Great tunes, they take up way too much capa. If you can help it, always use base tunes ("Power" and "Run") or High Alpha tunes if you have the capa to use. All of these are obtainable via UC (now thanks to UC garapon as well) and it gets a lot more out of your capa. Also, there's 25 capa left because that would either get you 4~5 more wlk/str so your wlk is back up to your other build, but you could also just use that to Great Speed tune your Handy Zook; something that would help it greatly. Something to think about, though I also don't know wlk breakpoints all too well so maybe there's a reason why you chose 34 wlk...

Spoiler:
I can obtain a Buckler...eventually...but until then, I take a Viper Shield. I have 3s versions of that.
According to koi's calc, 25 STR = 22 damage from Jikun LG, 30 from Jikun BD, +1 over 24 STR.
Dikaros AM, I prefer over the standard Jikun AMs. If you recall I'm using the level-up Jikun Long as my base(no slots on AM, Dikaros comes standard with one slot). I put Dharma Star AM because I have a 3s in my garage/on a bot somewhere in my garage.
I understand why you would use normal/High Alpha tunes instead of the Great tunes. However, as I'm not flush with RT, I don't have access to the higher level harmonics that make basic tunes viable(remember, basic tunes = 40% base success rate, High Alpha = base 55%, but I can risk it with an Alpha harmonics).
I chose 34 WLK not as a breakpoint but for a Boost Run breakpoint(34 WLK, 7 FLY is just inside OJ tier. This can be done with lower WLK, but more WLK = better walking speed, no?).
And I meant what I put up: I want Quick Boost, not Quick Land. I'm not experienced with hopping bots(never used one, all my bots are either Swayers, Boost Runners, Float Dashers, or nothing), so I want to "test the waters" with Short Boost alone first, before I commit to any improvements in its performance. After all, if I can handle Short Boost with no performance enhancers like Quick Land/Jump, I can handle it that much better with said carts.
Quick Boost is more for Boost Run, as it lets me charge a full gauge in approximately one full second. It also lets me hop indefinitely(not like boost is a worry with Short Boost, but you get the idea), whereas Quick Land only affects normal flight and Short Boost.
The Handyzooka I'm currently using has no slots. If Super UC gives me another 3s, I'll tune its speed up.

This build...pray I obtain a 2s Buckler, and I'm set.

Buckler build:

Tuning chips will be the most concerning part of this build. 25 STR for that +1 damage. Everything else is the same, except for +5 HP and -5 cost. Quick Land can be substituted for Quick Boost(this will max out cost). If this isn't done, I can just do another Beta tune, get a 10 cost WB, or tune Handyzooka for a basic.

With Viper shield:
Viper Shield build:
Same stuff with this build. The difference is 35 WLK 6 FLY instead of 34 7, 33 8, or 35 5(this can be done if necessary). 24 STR only, but that isn't a problem. Again, Quick Land can be substituted, maxing out cost.

In both builds, Tough Runner can be switched out for Quick Land, as both Tough Runner and Quick Boost have 20 cost. Sniper Sight, if necessary, can be swapped in also, although it probably won't be needed.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >:   [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >: - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 4:07 am

As long as you're not using High Combo tunes like that one time then I won't smite you, although you don't need to be packed with RT to tune High instead of Great. It just takes a tiny bit of effort that a lot of people just don't seem to want to put out... or are you one of those people who +4 your crap instead of +7 or +9 it and then wonder why you're not doing as well as everyone else? >_>;; (Lol, Ragnarok reference)

Other then my uncontrollable urge to say "you're tuning it wrong", it looks like it would function just fine, though Quick Boost does seem kind of strange I can see it helping a lot with Short Boost and Boost Run in the same bot... well hey, regardless of what I can critic it about, your build has a gun in it's hands; you're doing better then 90% of the server so far if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >:   [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >: - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 12:31 pm

Kitouski wrote:
As long as you're not using High Combo tunes like that one time then I won't smite you, although you don't need to be packed with RT to tune High instead of Great. It just takes a tiny bit of effort that a lot of people just don't seem to want to put out... or are you one of those people who +4 your crap instead of +7 or +9 it and then wonder why you're not doing as well as everyone else? >_>;; (Lol, Ragnarok reference)

what does this mean?

-offtopic-
Oh, and that High Tank tune is working out just fine Wink. DG doesn't need that much WLK to do well.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >:   [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >: - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 6:13 pm

On a game called Ragnarok Online, you can refine armor up to +10, going up one per refine. You can refine armor up to +4 safetly, but once you get there at +5 you have a 60% chance to succeed and to +6 and +7 you have a 40% to succeed. If you fail, that piece of armor is broke and lost forever and can't be recovered. Some armor is an extreme pain to hunt just one of, and the materials to refine add up as well. The difference in a set of +4 armor and a +7 armor though... well, there's no comparison in the extra defense you get with the tunes. I mention +7 though because a lot of people like to stop there, at +8 and +9 you have only a 20% chance to succeed, but a lot of endgame armor tries to get +9 (rather then +10, mostly because you only have a 10% chance to succeed +10 and if you fail, which is incredibly likely, there goes all that work you put into chance and the amount of def gained between +0 to +1 and +9 to +10 is the same.) I was just referring this towards people who half-ass it on that game and do poorly and then wonder why when the people they lose to busted their balls to have what they have and how that can relate to some people on CB, lol.

-on topic-

I'm sure it's working out just fine, I'm just pointing out that it's not cost efficient whatsoever, that's not even opinionated, if you break out the calculator it's a fact, and it's become a 100x less cost effective with EX tunes now.

In a few tunes you can get the same thing in 35 cost without any stat reductions instead of 40. With a loss of 1 fly which you probably don't need on a bot after a healthy amount of walk you can do it in 30 cost. With EX tunes you can do that in 30 cost with no side effects or with Alpha EX tunes you can get 8 wlk and 40 HP in the same amount of cost as High Tank. I'm not saying "it doesn't work" or that you need a lot of walk, I'm saying your gimping yourself with every single possible leveling opportunity, tuning opportunity and weapon opportunity. I'd understand if you were working on limited slots but I know for a fact that that's not the case on DG, and even then you should try to weigh if it's worth paying that extra cost every time that bot dies ever, as long as it exists.

Just so I can at least stay semi on topic, I'll just throw up the differences in Jikuns and how combo tunes for them is never a good idea. Let's say you wanted high HP and high wlk. With the combo tunes, this is what you could get out of it. Every single one will have the same HP, wlk but the remaining capa will get higher and higher, this is using High Tank;

Spoiler:

This is using non-stat reducing tunes;

Spoiler:

This is using just Tank;

Spoiler:

This is using stat-reducing tunes. Has the same cost as just tank;

Spoiler:

Tank is an oddball of the combo tunes because tuning for HP has always been odd to work out as it is. Let me just say now though, if EX tunes work exactly how it seems like they should, High Tank is officially the biggest waste of capa you can ever make while tuning for HP more so then ever. But let's say we wanted high str and high wlk here (I'm refering now to your build suggestion in the SDC canon thread) and went with High Soldier;

Spoiler:

Same build using Solider tunes instead, enough saved capa to tune for 15 HP;

Spoiler:

Using Alpha tunes now instead, enough remaining capa to tune a High Soldier and STILL have 5 extra capa;

Spoiler:

Relating to Jikuns, they have terrible capa and you should have no problem using all the slots for lower tunes. Players that play mostly by UC might have it hard without harmonics and protectors but I'd like to point out that if they want to take the easy way out with Great Tunes and High Combo tunes, it's their fault if they feel their bot can do better, it's bloated and that bots lack potential. Maybe not with Jikuns because apparently a teleport button is enough to make it interesting, but I've seen way too many UC bots and bots in general thrown out because they look at them and don't level them at all before calling them crap. If they do level them, they don't tune them and because they don't function at their fullest, they're crap. If they do tune them, oh noe it takes too much work to get multi-slot parts and my chances are low so I'll use High Combo tunes and bloat them to make them cost a ridiculous amount with little output.

Of course, my beef with the UC player community is a completely different thing so I'll jump off that horse. I'm just trying to make it clear that if you're tuning a Jikun and you use high cost low return tunes as an easy way out, you cost your team every death that extra capa on a bot with sub-par stats compared to what you can do.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >:   [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >: - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 12:09 am

I've been thinking of the old troll-teleport-burner build.

Any ideas on how it should be tuned?

(Kicks generally won't be used so Laz LGs can do)
Back to top Go down
hyorinryu
hyorinryu

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >:   [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >: - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 12:29 am

Personally, if you're doing that, I would give him short boost and quick land, as well as your usual hopper tunes. I would then hop with him, using the core to get out if I'm too close to something I don't like.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >:   [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >: - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 2:27 am

Hyoka wrote:

If you're using the build to troll, Short Boost and possibly Quick Land are definitely worth considering. If you won't be using melee too it would give you more space to tune your mobility/other things over str, so I'm sure I don't need to tell you that str doesn't need to be tuned. And yea, Laz LGs are probably your best replacement. If you were to ask my opinion on if a burning build as actually any good I'd say no, but you clearly stated you wanna be a trollolol and I can respect silly builds. (Mah 40 str Doom Slaying Katana Max would like to rape you for 70 damage a swing have a word with you.) Also, Glass Burner is pretty much always better then the regular Burner because of it's better ammo and cost along with slightly better range. When you're generally trying to use it to cause the burn status or as a self-defense weapon, there's no reason to pay for the extra force. The only reason the regular Burner would be worth considering is because you can get it 3 slotted from the UC garapon.

Tune-wise... I honestly dunno how you'd do that really, I don't have the Short Boost formula down in my head, tec would hardly influence your damage and same goes for str for the core tackle; that would be just silly to tune for that. Mobility would probably be your best bet to stay alive longer and harass much longer so you can run in and out of conflicts better when your core kick isn't suited for a situation, as well as have quicker better hops but I don't want to give too much advice in a area I lack proper knowledge in. I'm going to say you'd definitely want to focus on mobility though with a build like that, how much and were though I couldn't say for certain
Back to top Go down
BlackflareD
Newcomer
Newcomer
BlackflareD

Male Posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >:   [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >: - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 6:22 am

SkyPanic wrote:
it's too dangerous to play jikun nowadays

only one mistake and those VF or baron, k-sword, jet hammer, daedalean am 2 ll hit you 80+

Too add to that, is the fact that most people are either using mobile bots meaning....(THEY CAN FLY!!!) so it's kinda hard using rush kicks + violet dragon does not work on air
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >:   [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >: - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 11:40 am

Today I observed a Jikun Hu + Divine Blade combo, with Patty LG + Frau Adone BS.

I thought it was a good joke by some rtfag.

Until I saw the rape.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >:   [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >: - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 12:28 pm

Hyoka wrote:

As an extra note, I'd also consider a Long Burner if you can obtain one(2s from Lotto, so you gotta get lucky). While it has half the Force of the normal Burner, the range is slightly increased(90 for Long Burner, might be the longest of burners I dunno). Ammo is somewhat of a problem with...380 ammo, iirc.
Basically lets you troll stuff without needing to get AS close, stacking on top of your teleport ability to get the f**k away when things get hot.

Tune it for Ammo definitely, possibly Range if you're just trying to inflict Burn status. Replace the Range with Force(just do normal Force, Great Force won't give you a larger increase) if it's meant to be a damage inflicter.

As for the second BS...I'm currently using Misty Hollow BS, but Accel Saber BS is SLIGHTLY better. You may want to use both to give a boost to your mobility, since you're a trolling hopper.

For reference:
Accel Saber BS: 40 cost, 20 HP, 2 WLK, 3 FLY.
Misty Hollow BS: 35 cost, 20 HP, 2 WLK, 2 FLY.

In comparison, the normal Jikun BS: 30 cost, 15 HP, 2 STR, -1 TEC, 2 FLY, 1 TGH.

@BlackflareD: You've never seen Kito play Jikun. I'm serious.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >:   [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >: - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 12:32 pm

BlackflareD wrote:
SkyPanic wrote:
it's too dangerous to play jikun nowadays

only one mistake and those VF or baron, k-sword, jet hammer, daedalean am 2 ll hit you 80+

Too add to that, is the fact that most people are either using mobile bots meaning....(THEY CAN FLY!!!) so it's kinda hard using rush kicks + violet dragon does not work on air

That's why you give them a Bazooka, flying problem solved. If they're chasing you though and that's why it's an issue you can teleport away. Problem #2 solved.

Hyoka wrote:
Today I observed a Jikun Hu + Divine Blade combo, with Patty LG + Frau Adone BS.

Until I saw the rape.

I dunno how a Divine Blade works but I'm gonna take the d-bag route and still go with, all non-lagging pure melee Jikuns are doing it wrong. Gun > You and even Melee > You because everything else nowadays can do it better. The only thing you have on your side is "look how disorientating I am."
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >:   [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >: - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 12:49 pm

Kitouski wrote:

Hyoka wrote:

Until I saw the rape.

I dunno how a Divine Blade works but I'm gonna take the d-bag route and still go with, all non-lagging pure melee Jikuns are doing it wrong. Gun > You and even Melee > You because everything else nowadays can do it better. The only thing you have on your side is "look how disorientating I am."

Divine Blade features a forward-jump-spin attack similar to hatigarm Machine.

It hits pretty hard and goes pretty far although most of the time the major drawback is the accuracy. It goes as far as the Lance dash attack.
Back to top Go down
hyorinryu
hyorinryu

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >:   [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >: - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 1:07 pm

You know what I said about Jikuns and how they had to wait, I've changed my mind, since it seems I can get away with not tuning them much at all.

【Robot Name】
Jikun Hu

【Parts】
BD: Jikun BD2
 WB: Dual Slayer Bit
 LG: LazFlamme LG
  BS: Accel Saber BS [High Run Alpha]
 HD: Jikun HD2
  HDAC: Cute Beret
  FCAC: Ace of Hearts Earrings
 AM: Dharma Star AM [High Run Alpha]
  WP: Buckler
  WP: Handy Bazooka [Great Rapid Alpha]

【Config Check】

【Stats】
COST: 1050
CAPA: 1075
HP: 410
STR: 18
TEC: 14
WLK: 30
FLY: 10

LEVEL: 9

【Cartridges】
Capacity +60×5
Blast Guard
Short Boost
Boost Run
Quick Land

【必要素材】
Fudara Cosmos×4
Threede Cosmos×1
Yellow Chip×20
Green Chip×40
Engine Shaft×36
Rapid Crystal×17
Heat Ash×15
Snail Liquid×28

Unfinished, yes, but for something that doesn't require 2-slotted items, it looks pretty good to me. Has a lot of flexibility too. Doesn't need to a Handy. You can use a burner, and a rifle will do the job too. As far as bits are concerned, instead of slayers, you can go double spike or dual rifle. Last cart can be whatever you want. I'll prolly make it a capacity cart for the health gain.

btw, Kitouski. Why do you put sniper sight on Jikuns? From what I've seen you like to melee, and melee doesn't trigger the lockon thing. Just asking because it seems like a waste of capacity if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >:   [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >: - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 1:42 pm

Got Swimsuit ver from the weekly Neutral I nid a good build for her, never play jikun before>_>
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >:   [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >: - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 1:48 pm

hyorinryu wrote:
You know what I said about Jikuns and how they had to wait, I've changed my mind, since it seems I can get away with not tuning them much at all.

【Robot Name】
Jikun Hu

【Parts】
BD: Jikun BD2
 LG: LazFlamme LG
 HD: Jikun HD2
  HDAC: Cute Beret
  FCAC: Ace of Hearts Earrings
  WP: Buckler
  WP: Handy Bazooka [Great Rapid Alpha]

【Config Check】

【Stats】
COST: 1050
CAPA: 1075
HP: 410
STR: 18
TEC: 14
WLK: 30
FLY: 10

【Cartridges】
Capacity +60×5
Blast Guard
Short Boost
Boost Run
Quick Land

【必要素材】
Fudara Cosmos×4
Threede Cosmos×1
Yellow Chip×20
Green Chip×40
Engine Shaft×36
Rapid Crystal×17
Heat Ash×15
Snail Liquid×28

Unfinished, yes, but for something that doesn't require 2-slotted items, it looks pretty good to me. Has a lot of flexibility too. Doesn't need to a Handy. You can use a burner, and a rifle will do the job too. As far as bits are concerned, instead of slayers, you can go double spike or dual rifle. Last cart can be whatever you want. I'll prolly make it a capacity cart for the health gain.

btw, Kitouski. Why do you put sniper sight on Jikuns? From what I've seen you like to melee, and melee doesn't trigger the lockon thing. Just asking because it seems like a waste of capacity if you ask me.

It seems kind of odd that you'd take the original LGs off. I don't melee a lot because I like to spam melee, a lot of situations just call for it and Jikuns are pretty well built to do a little bit of everything all decently. I feel like you're kind of restricting a lot of the bot by removing them and instead just making a hopper with a gimmick. On Jikun Hu it's hardly a gimmick too because it's a really weak way to retreat and enter into conflicts due to how it functions compared to Longs which now pretty much leaves you with a bloated hopper with no real tricks and a core filled with str in a direction that doesn't work for your build. Even a Pawnger could probably do the same job just as well with better tec and wlk at lower cost.

Both LGs, not just Long's have decent evasion purposes and stun well with a fluent combo and do decent damage, and like the Handy Zooka to an AIRs face, anyone playing an AIR will tell you that the amount of tec doesn't matter, they don't want it anywhere near their face. Even with subpar str the LGs are a good utility.

Great Alpha is usually not a good tune on a weapon that could do with a little more range as it is and Beta will make it so you run out of ammo incredibly quick... considering my Jikun is built to use it on the side and not necessarily as the main point 24/7 and I still run out of ammo enough.

Lastly, the reason I use Sniper Sight is because I ALWAYS have a gun on a Jikun of some sort, but given the mobility and teleportation, it's really hard to track a Jikun. Whether I'm meleeing or not, as soon as my gun locks on to someone, they know were I am and that's just something I don't want because it makes me easier to follow.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >:   [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >: - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 1:58 pm

tggt wrote:
Got Swimsuit ver from the weekly Neutral I nid a good build for her, never play jikun before>_>
Jikun Long Swimsuit is pretty much the same deal only with locked parts and better core stats, the difference between the original and this one are pretty minimal;

Quote :
JIKUN LONG;
540 Cost, 255 HP, 14 STR, 7 TEC, 14 WLK, 10 FLY, 8 TGH, 775 CAPA

SWIMSUIT LONG;
570 Cost; 270 HP, 16 STR, 6 TEC, 14 WLK, 12 FLY, 9 TGH, 775 CAPA

Pretty much a +4 stat difference and +15 HP at +15 cost with more slots to use but less customization in parts... luckily the locked parts are incredibly good for Jikuns. As usual, the only build I can recommend for a Jikun is a Gunner Melee Hybrid, pretty much a gun, your LGs, a mobility cart of choice like Sway or Short Boost... or none at all if you really feel like it (Haven't tried Short Boost personally, but people say it works fine) a shield and a gun. If you can juggle the sub and main weapons you're good to go.

Also, don't get Quick Swim, it's a waste of a cart considering core kick spamming is even faster transportation through water. Also, unless you have a blarring amount of capa left, don't be afraid to use purely +1 stat tunes like "Run" and "Power"; Jikun Swimsuit has a metricton of slots (3 for each part including the HD; original Jikun's HD is not slotted) and Jikuns have as bad capa as any other Jikun. If you can tune with purely these sorts of tunes with minimal high alphas (which I would do towards run) then you can avoid completely killing your tec when tuning for str and have a better hitting bullet as well as pay the lowest amount per stat.
Back to top Go down
hyorinryu
hyorinryu

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >:   [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >: - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 3:31 pm

Kitouski wrote:

It seems kind of odd that you'd take the original LGs off. I don't melee a lot because I like to spam melee, a lot of situations just call for it and Jikuns are pretty well built to do a little bit of everything all decently. I feel like you're kind of restricting a lot of the bot by removing them and instead just making a hopper with a gimmick. On Jikun Hu it's hardly a gimmick too because it's a really weak way to retreat and enter into conflicts due to how it functions compared to Longs which now pretty much leaves you with a bloated hopper with no real tricks and a core filled with str in a direction that doesn't work for your build. Even a Pawnger could probably do the same job just as well with better tec and wlk at lower cost.

Both LGs, not just Long's have decent evasion purposes and stun well with a fluent combo and do decent damage, and like the Handy Zooka to an AIRs face, anyone playing an AIR will tell you that the amount of tec doesn't matter, they don't want it anywhere near their face. Even with subpar str the LGs are a good utility.

Great Alpha is usually not a good tune on a weapon that could do with a little more range as it is and Beta will make it so you run out of ammo incredibly quick... considering my Jikun is built to use it on the side and not necessarily as the main point 24/7 and I still run out of ammo enough.

Lastly, the reason I use Sniper Sight is because I ALWAYS have a gun on a Jikun of some sort, but given the mobility and teleportation, it's really hard to track a Jikun. Whether I'm meleeing or not, as soon as my gun locks on to someone, they know were I am and that's just something I don't want because it makes me easier to follow.

I guess, though in my experience, the legs never seemed to do much for me. Unless I just went into a crowd and not care who I hit, both melees never really worked for me. I suppose the legs could work well in a combo, but it's only rare that I find myself able to pull it off against a preferable enemy, as ARTs usually stay together, meaning that in the time I'm kicking that Lily Rain, everyone else is shooting me in the back. In terms of 1v1s, people just fly, meaning I end up shooting them anyways. I have similar experiences with the likes of squealer, leaving me jaded towards all melee. I don't really plan on hitting with the core either.

You're willing to vouch for them though, so I'll give them another shot. Not really seeing the evasion purposes though especially since the ending combo tends to leave you open. However, since I'm using quick land, it might be a different story now.

As for the Great Alpha Rapid, that's because I like my zooks to have at least 300 speed. Though, tbqh, it's more likely to be Great Rapid Beta or nothing, as Hu is going to share his Handy Zooks with everyone else(Only have 3.)

Here's another build, this time with the legs. I never noticed how nice the stats were on them, so I was pleasantly surprised by having only 1 less WLK than I did with the Laz/Accel setup. The cost was also a lot less than expected as well. I also decided to experiment and test how effective sniper sight is(for some reason, I thought it cost more.) As far as tuning goes, since the Jikun LGs are without slots, and I'm also short on Slot Protectors, this is the most tuning I can manage for now. Less tuning for me, so I'm not complaining.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >:   [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >: - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 4:01 pm

I don't know much about Hu's Rush Kick, but Jikun Long's combo finisher seems to make for easy rush strikes, moving quickly from enemy to enemy in the least possible time.
Think about it:

Long rushes enemy group
Kicks one guy in the face, combo finisher knocks his bot into the air
Move to next bot
Rinse n Repeat
Run the f**k away once you start taking damage

Repeat rush attack.
Theoretically, with healing support/plenty of Repair Kits/attack items, you could do this rush attack endlessly, assuming you don't get trapped and killed.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >:   [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >: - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 4:57 pm

Long's LGs are great for evasion tactics while Hu's are not as good but more offense. The end of Hu's combo goes at and through the enemy ending up behind your enemy, in a melee stance it gets you away from getting return melee'd and it's easy to continue melee'ing after it, but the evasion purposes are not near as useful or fluent as Long's; Hu's LG and Long's LG are completely different animals. That doesn't mean Hu's can't be used to deal damage and keep yourself safe at the end of the combo though, if you got good at it you could kick into something like a Vanguard and as long as you land first hit, you end with a kick ending up behind them in you run away before they turn around, rofl. Otherwise you're completely right on Long's LGs Fire. I actually find them even better in 1v1 situations because if it's something flying, you shoot it, but if not you can deal melee damage then send them flying while you shoot them, rofl.

Yea, I would definitely suggest Speed tuning the Handy Zooka, I was just curious on why you decided to do Alpha and not Beta. xD;

With Sniper Sight if you plan on teleport kicking a lot, Stealth System goes hand in hand with it and one usually complements the other especially in a bot situation like this, though honestly you can do with or without them. I find it really helpful, but that's 60 cost going towards a set of carts eating up two levels which is a valid enough reason not to as well, especially if you're not spam teleporting around, and this usually works better on Long then on Hu because her teleport gets better length.

I guess the only thing that weirds me is the mid tec and mid str since I tend to go for high str, lower tec but it doesn't look like it'll be a bad thing at all especially if you find yourself shooting more then meleeing. Also I noticed your build has Spike Bits as default; I just want to throw this out there now, Dual Slayers are really, really good but if you're having cost problems near the end, Dual Axes do just as consistent damage, they just have a little less reach but come at 0 cost. Of course, this is if you want to use a melee based WB in the first place.
Back to top Go down
hyorinryu
hyorinryu

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >:   [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >: - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 8:13 pm

Oh, I usually do dual slayers. Just that the idea of rushing in to a crowd with dual spikes just seems just seems really fun(don't judge me.) Also might help with dealing with unwanted melee. Dual Axes are okay, they're fun on frogs. Depending how often I find myself in close quarters, I might try them out.

Main reason I went with Alpha before was because of ammo concerns.

Yeah, the main reason I went with Sniper sight is because if I find someone alone and unaware, I might be able to get a combo off. Even if they get away, they will still have taken damage. Of course, chances are if they're alone, they're looking at their map, but that shouldn't be a problem as long as people aren't locked on to me.

I would have rather used long tbqh, but the one they gave me is going to be a sway gunner, and my rt is going to the chibi campaign.
Back to top Go down
miriyuu
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >:   [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >: - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 11:26 pm

Well this is going to be my set. The summer version of jikun doesn't need a Bs so i decided not to use one because i can't think of any useful boosters for low cost. Jikun doesn't really need str or tech but he needs a lot of walk. I think you should play him like a hopper but with the ability to go melee and have a teleport move. I'm not sure how useful the dual slayer bit is with the str and tech being so off. Also i don't really like the tgh but hopefully it will do. If not you can always take off short boost and quick land for sway. Also if you handy bazooka mod i highly suggest you use that with 2 or 3 great rapid beta tune ups

【Robot Name】
Jikun

【Parts】
BD: Jikun BD8
 LG: Jikun LG3 [High Run Beta] [High Run Beta]
 HD: Jikun HD8 [High Run Beta] [High Run Beta]
  HDAC: C.S. Clips B [High Run Beta]
  FCAC: Mini Lily
 BS: -
 AM: Jikun AM2 [High Run Beta] [High Run Beta]
  WP: Handy Bazooka [Great Rapid Beta] [Great Rapid Beta] [High Air Force]
 AM: Jikun AM2 [High Run Alpha] [High Run Alpha]
  WP: Viper Shield

【Config Check】

【Stats】
COST: 1150
CAPA: 1150
HP: 391
STR: 19
TEC: 1
WLK: 38
FLY: 3
TGH: 10

【Cartridges】
Capacity +60×6
Blast Guard
Short Boost
Quick Land

【必要素材】
Fudara Cosmos×9
Threede Cosmos×2
Fourda Cosmos×1
Blue Chip×35
Green Chip×95
Rainbow Chip×11
Engine Shaft×53
Rapid Crystal×67
Drum Magazine×21
Heat Ash×53
Snail Liquid×35
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >:   [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >: - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 2:39 pm

Just a thing to note, if you're not using a Viper Shield as a spot to get some easy tunes in given the new garapon and 1s shields being buyable and whatnot, I'd highly suggest using a Buckler instead. It'll free up an extra 20 capa that you can use for more tuning if you so desire. Jikuns are small, so even if hit coverage is a factor (which I still don't even know if there is more hit coverage from a Viper Shield) you should still lose your shield before you lose your life, which is the goal, lol. I've seen a lot of Bucklers drop from Haku so it's not a RT player only thing. (though getting a multi-slotted one kind of is)

Also, are you using the C.S. Clips B for extra capa? If you do get the extra capa freed up, other headgears to consider are Mascot Penpen, Silver Headphones and Black Layered Ribbon. You could also just use Silver Headphones/Mascot Penpen and replace an alpha tune with a "Run" tune and you'll get the same effect at less overall cost.

Of course, these are just me being super nit picky, otherwise it looks really good. That's one expensive as heck Bazooka you have there but you shouldn't be missing anyone anytime soon, amirite? 8D Lol. It's a shame it doesn't have a any real emphasis on str (nor tec for that matter) but a zook to the face is a zook to the face, and same goes for a kick to the face, rofl.

Wait, wtfax? Level 9? D: I always bring bots to 10 out of habit even if I know the bot has poor capa so that makes me cringe, but I'll just call that one as something I never really do so don't know. Switching to that Buckler could get you that level into something like Tough Runner, although I've never been one to call the shots on what's most efficient with staying at lower levels unless there are must get carts to be gotten, and with Jikuns there really are a lot of opinionated carts as great options but nothing to die for besides more capa. (Lol)

Last edited by Kitouski on Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >:   [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >: - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 2:44 pm

My main problem with that build:

>fully tune a handy bazooka
>use high run beta to kill off your tec anyway

I'm no jikun expert so I know there's room to improve on this, but:

Quote :
【Robot Name】
Jikun

【Parts】
BD: Jikun BD
 WB: Dual 3way Bit
 LG: Jikun LG [Slow] [Power] [Power]
 HD: Jikun HD
  HDAC: Cute Beret [Power]
  FCAC: Berry Earrings
 BS: Connie Sheriff BS [High Run Alpha] [High Run Alpha]
 AM: Jikun AM [High Run Alpha] [High Run Alpha]
  WP: Handy Bazooka [Great Rapid Beta]
 AM: Jikun AM [High Run Alpha] [Run]
  WP: Buckler [High Run Alpha]

【Config Check】

【Stats】
COST: 1135
CAPA: 1135
HP: 401
STR: 22
TEC: 11
WLK: 36
FLY: 6
TGH: 8

LEVEL: 10

【Cartridges】
Capacity +60×6
Blast Guard
Tough Runner
Short Boost
Quick Land

【必要素材】
Hidora Cosmos×4
Fudara Cosmos×6
Threede Cosmos×1
Fourda Cosmos×1
Green Chip×80
Rainbow Chip×19
Power Amp×15
Engine Shaft×59
Rapid Crystal×44
Heat Ash×15
Snail Liquid×75

Last edited by Suguri on Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >:   [Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >: - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

[Ro]Quit abusing my Jikuns. >:
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next