Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just wondering but how many people use gamepads?

Go down 
+5
IronFist
Aurum_Sol
Zwiebel Force
Lixe
iAMsuperBlast
9 posters

Do you use a gamepad or a keyboard and mouse to play CB?
Gamepad
Just wondering but how many people use gamepads? Vote_lcap13%Just wondering but how many people use gamepads? Vote_rcap
 13% [ 5 ]
Keyboard and mouse
Just wondering but how many people use gamepads? Vote_lcap87%Just wondering but how many people use gamepads? Vote_rcap
 87% [ 34 ]
Total Votes : 39

AuthorMessage
iAMsuperBlast
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
iAMsuperBlast

Male Posts : 404

Just wondering but how many people use gamepads? Empty
PostSubject: Just wondering but how many people use gamepads?   Just wondering but how many people use gamepads? EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 10:49 am

I just wanna know how many other people use them. The main reason i use them is because I play a lot more console games then I do computer games so I feel more comfortable with a controller in my hand then I do with a keyboard and mouse. Though my only problem I have with it is that I can't aim and fire pillar someone lol.

Anyways who else uses them? i don't wanna feel like the only one lol.
Back to top Go down
Lixe
Newcomer
Newcomer
Lixe

Female Posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Just wondering but how many people use gamepads?   Just wondering but how many people use gamepads? EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 11:57 am

I play with gamepads sometimes but lately I always using keyboards and mouse. I guess I will play with gamepad again sometime
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Just wondering but how many people use gamepads?   Just wondering but how many people use gamepads? EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 10:00 am

I always use mouse and keyboard, but I'm flirting with using one of those controllers that are shaped like a PlayStation 2 one (if it shouled be possible to use both joysticks xD)
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Just wondering but how many people use gamepads?   Just wondering but how many people use gamepads? EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 10:45 am

for shooters or CB style games .... keyboard and mouse, no pad will be able to perform well in those games

pads are better fighting games like DOA or something

(i played army of two three days ago on a xbox ... it was ... cruel not fun ... those controls ... ugh
Back to top Go down
IronFist
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
IronFist

Male Posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: Just wondering but how many people use gamepads?   Just wondering but how many people use gamepads? EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 10:54 am

Aurum_Sol wrote:
for shooters or CB style games .... keyboard and mouse, no pad will be able to perform well in those games

(i played army of two three days ago on a xbox ... it was ... cruel not fun ... those controls ... ugh

for racing games a "good" game pad is a lot better than keyboard.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Just wondering but how many people use gamepads?   Just wondering but how many people use gamepads? EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 11:33 am

IronFist wrote:
Aurum_Sol wrote:

thats why i pointed out that mouse and keyboard isnt the best control tool there is, see "fighting games like DOA or something"

but sure, go at it for not listing every genre there is

+ there are people that actually prefer steering wheel and pedals for racing games (i do not, since i dont like racing games at all Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
IronFist
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
IronFist

Male Posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: Just wondering but how many people use gamepads?   Just wondering but how many people use gamepads? EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 12:58 pm

Aurum_Sol wrote:
IronFist wrote:
Aurum_Sol wrote:

thats why i pointed out that mouse and keyboard isnt the best control tool there is, see "fighting games like DOA or something"

but sure, go at it for not listing every genre there is

+ there are people that actually prefer steering wheel and pedals for racing games (i do not, since i dont like racing games at all Very Happy )

never had a wheel because its a bit more expensive and not so reliable (easy to break and the good ones are really expensive) . . .

yet keyboard dont stop me from doing 1:08:00 at Interlagos Very Happy . . .

racing games is a lot about when, where, how and how much . . .

when u turn, where u turn, how u turn and how much u turn
when u break, where u break, how u break and how much u break
when u back to speed, where u back to speed, how u back to speed and how much u back to speed

this at every turn, every lap, and considering that if u want to overtake or just to be faster its a lot different, also the fact u have to make the other racer to make a mistake or to open room for you to be able to overtake, or just getting more speed when u`re out of a turn, every lap is a new challenge . . . thats why racing games are so cool even when u play solo . . playing against other player can be even better.
Back to top Go down
chengsta
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 214

PostSubject: Re: Just wondering but how many people use gamepads?   Just wondering but how many people use gamepads? EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 1:58 pm

Actually, I play a gamepad + mouse because I was born with 3 arms.

ok, i just use the D pad and L1/l2/l3/start buttons with my left hand, and my right hand on the mouse. I never liked the idea of WASD and spacebars.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlpAyAjgTq4
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: Just wondering but how many people use gamepads?   Just wondering but how many people use gamepads? EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 3:01 pm

chengsta wrote:
Actually, I play a gamepad + mouse because I was born with 3 arms.

ok, i just use the D pad and L1/l2/l3/start buttons with my left hand, and my right hand on the mouse. I never liked the idea of WASD and spacebars.

oh i been doing that too for a while

much easier to aim rifle/breaker shots with the mouse
but much easier to move with pad
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Just wondering but how many people use gamepads?   Just wondering but how many people use gamepads? EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 3:28 pm

PADS? *knifed by sakuya*

KB+M

what's a pad,I say KB + M is superior.
Back to top Go down
Miyo-chan
Miyo-chan

Female Posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: Just wondering but how many people use gamepads?   Just wondering but how many people use gamepads? EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 5:23 pm

i play with game pad.
never had a problem with it, and i do fine in arena.
but actually, i play with 2 keyboard + gamepad. lol.
depending, i use either keyboard (usually the one i have on the floor for radar and items) for radar/items/radio messages. gamepad for everything else. the one on the floor basically lets me keep my radar open whenever i want to without hindering my ability to play with my gamepad.
i suggest a keyboard on the floor for anyone using a gamepad, as it's the only way to use radar and items with a gamepad without providing some sort of inconvenience.

then again, i can't play with a keyboard and mouse... i suck with it, and i get a bit disoriented honestly... >w>

Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Just wondering but how many people use gamepads?   Just wondering but how many people use gamepads? EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 5:59 pm

Miyo-chan wrote:
i play with game pad.
depending, i use either keyboard (usually the one i have on the floor for radar and items) for radar/items/radio messages. gamepad for everything else. the one on the floor basically lets me keep my radar open whenever i want to without hindering my ability to play with my gamepad.
i suggest a keyboard on the floor for anyone using a gamepad, as it's the only way to use radar and items with a gamepad without providing some sort of inconvenience.

then again, i can't play with a keyboard and mouse... i suck with it, and i get a bit disoriented honestly... >w>

So you push the buttons with your toes? affraid
Back to top Go down
Miyo-chan
Miyo-chan

Female Posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: Just wondering but how many people use gamepads?   Just wondering but how many people use gamepads? EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 6:27 pm

Zwiebel Force wrote:
Miyo-chan wrote:
i play with game pad.

So you push the buttons with your toes? affraid

yes. lol
gamepad in hand, and my feet work the keyboard. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just wondering but how many people use gamepads?   Just wondering but how many people use gamepads? Empty

Back to top Go down

Just wondering but how many people use gamepads?
Page 1 of 1