Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why am I so terrible

Go down 
+16
dsp
Zwiebel Force
boytitan2
Astral_Dono
PhoenixAir
RoboFranky
xzpwnz
Lazyboy804
Rinrin
Suguri
IronFist
Z741
knyx
B2Seeker
reVelske
Arti
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Arti
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Arti

Male Posts : 1204

Why am I so terrible Empty
PostSubject: Why am I so terrible   Why am I so terrible EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 2:29 pm

I usually wind up with negative score because of how badly I suck, and I can't go play in rooms for people around my skill level because my rank's too high. This game's been a lot less fun since I got to that pentagon rank...
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Why am I so terrible   Why am I so terrible EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 2:33 pm

What bots are you using? What are you good at? What do you enjoy playing? How are you dying?
Back to top Go down
Arti
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Arti

PostSubject: Re: Why am I so terrible   Why am I so terrible EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 2:39 pm

Let's see.
Destructor Girl, Amateus, Shino Exroad, and Sigma Clock DI are my main bots.
I'm not good at anything.
I enjoy playing as anything that I can actually be useful with and not die as constantly. So basically nothing.
A shorter list would be things I DON'T die to.

Does that answer your questions?
Back to top Go down
B2Seeker
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
B2Seeker

Male Posts : 161

PostSubject: Re: Why am I so terrible   Why am I so terrible EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 2:53 pm

Try customizing your bots(assuming you haven't already)

I doubt you're going in the front lines with your bots,
seeing you main 2 arts and a support.

Negative score = dying without doing alot of damage to be in the positive.
Try not dying and do some hit and runs or shoot from maximum range.
If it works for a while, try getting bolder a bit.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Why am I so terrible   Why am I so terrible EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 3:34 pm

Start off by just farming the enemy PS and sniping enemies from afar like above. You don't have a muchi so I don't recommend making a buckler/core hopper since Ama original's core weapon sucks. You might be able to make an Amatorious build with 2 bazookas.
Back to top Go down
Z741
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Z741

Male Posts : 739

PostSubject: Re: Why am I so terrible   Why am I so terrible EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 4:34 pm

Arti wrote:

Hmm let's see here. I'm guessing, for the ART and SUP listed, that your main problems are enemy LNDs running wild in your team's back lines. See if getting the Broad Radar cart is possible and keep your radar open to see when an attack is incoming.

As for the Shino, keeping the default LGs is like having a giant target saying FRAG ME stuck on - they do make her hitbox huge so AIRs feed on her easy. Replace the LG with Mach Knight's, this will shorten her considerably. Accel Saber AMs + vulcans if you want a Run and Gun Shino or Red Squealer AMs + Viper Shields for melee.
Back to top Go down
IronFist
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
IronFist

Male Posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: Why am I so terrible   Why am I so terrible EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 4:51 pm

Arti wrote:
Let's see.
I enjoy playing as anything that I can actually be useful with and not die as constantly. So basically nothing.

if u want to keep Destructor . ..

1 - learn how to find good spots for your destructor and pay attention for AIRs getting cloose to you and other ARTs targeting you (also dont let any LND to get close to you)
2 - learn the best weapons for the way you play and what targets u want to kill with your DG

about amateus, well, if u want to keep amateus at your commando, follow the same rules for DG

about Shino, you have to think u can play 2 ways with it . . .
1 - make it WLK 40 and go trollol enemy PS and heallings with hippos, flames and grenade
2 - take the hell out that Shino LG and go melee spam with it, try to tune up for more STR and TGH, yet u can have it with some 29, 31 WLK

Sigma is SUP bot so its better if u take only 1x1 fights or if u have your team to help you against someone, also place a good WB to help your team or to help you kill faster.

and . . . have u ever tried AIR bots???

edit: also, check my signature spoiler . . .
I play all kinds of bots and with different build ups and weapons to try different ways to deal with situations and enemy bots . . . u should try the same
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Why am I so terrible   Why am I so terrible EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 4:54 pm

Lol. I spot build arm BS and prop BSJ.
Back to top Go down
IronFist
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
IronFist

PostSubject: Re: Why am I so terrible   Why am I so terrible EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 5:06 pm

knyx wrote:
Lol. I spot build arm BS and prop BSJ.

less for Cetusion (from lotto cube), all bots, parts and weapons are pure UC

edit: and as I mentioned:

I play all kinds of bots and with different build ups and weapons to try different ways to deal with situations and enemy bots . . . u should try the same
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Why am I so terrible   Why am I so terrible EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 5:37 pm

IronFist wrote:

We do, but we don't use two of the worst parts in the game to do it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
IronFist
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
IronFist

PostSubject: Re: Why am I so terrible   Why am I so terrible EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 5:46 pm

Suguri wrote:
IronFist wrote:

work fine for me . . .

no need to be trolled by tune ups and its pure UC (also Prob BSJ give some stats and allow another BS to add more stats AND I still can tune it up)

also . . . Prop BSJ for +3 WLK and Rear Wing BSJ for +2 WLK . . . I know the -TEC and -FLY of Prob BSJ, yet I dont really mind it now (and its always a lol that moving thing . . . I used RW BSJ but its not so lol as Prop BSJ ( -1 TEC and -1 FLY . . . but I dont have a RW BSJ slotted but I have Prop BSJs slotted)

edit:
I dont know if I have to be lucky to find a RW BSJ 2 or 3 slotted to be able to buy it with 1 slot at shop . . . the RW BSJs I can bvuy at shop arent slotted for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: Why am I so terrible   Why am I so terrible EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 5:48 pm

Arti wrote:
I usually wind up with negative score because of how badly I suck, and I can't go play in rooms for people around my skill level because my rank's too high. This game's been a lot less fun since I got to that pentagon rank...
u need an OP bot.

Suguri wrote:
IronFist wrote:

its a psychological tactic.
enemies see OMG THAT GUY HAS THAT HIGH COST 'place part here'!!! KILL HIM FOR FREE BP LOSS!!!
*enemies chase him down and ambushed by awaiting teammates*
GG
Back to top Go down
Lazyboy804
Lazyboy804

PostSubject: Re: Why am I so terrible   Why am I so terrible EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 5:52 pm

Rinrin wrote:
u need an OP bot.

Go fall in a ditch
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Why am I so terrible   Why am I so terrible EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 5:58 pm

Somebody buy Ironfist an Ivis.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: Why am I so terrible   Why am I so terrible EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 6:14 pm

knyx wrote:
Somebody buy Ironfist an Ivis.
This
But I'm not funding it
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Why am I so terrible   Why am I so terrible EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 6:16 pm

knyx wrote:
Start off by just farming the enemy PS.

How is that going to help him in any way?

Anyhow, obviously you need to work on your survivability. How do you do it? Stop using slow units, or, tune up their speed.

>Shino

Land run-n-gun bots are IMHO the hardest bot type to play, you ABSOLUTELY need short boost+quick land to really get anywhere in terms of survival, even then, things are still dicey and you need a lot of practice to get anywhere with that build.

And I honestly hope you replaced her default legs.

>Sigma

Fat support bot = fat free frag. You NEED broad radar and reasonably good mobility to keep yourself alive.

>Amateus

Aaaagain, mobility. As an art, you need to be extremely weary of your surrounding, since you are sitting at the bottom of the food chain. Your main focus as Amateus is to faceroll Air units. What's the best way to do that? Get altitude, which means try position yourself on higher ground, doing so also lessens your vulnerability against melee units, as it becomes harder for them to reach you. Problem with higher ground is that you generally have less room to maneuver, so remember to stay aware of your surrounded and get ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.

>Destructor Girl

Eh, I dunno, whereas Amateus is for mid range combat, DG is for long range, and she isn't exactly good at it and has some pretty horrific mobility stats. Play her like Amateus, just with more caution.

All in all, replace parts to make your bot as small as possible whilst retaining good stats, stay aware, try tune your mobility up, mobility = survival > damage, and always expect a Vanguard Fencer to flank you or some air units to cheese you from your blindspot.

And don't listen to IronFist, ever.
Back to top Go down
RoboFranky
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
RoboFranky

Male Posts : 1312

PostSubject: Re: Why am I so terrible   Why am I so terrible EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 6:22 pm

Tune up ur bots speed. Either WLK or FLY

more speed -> Easier to go in and out of battle + Easier to dodge -> better surivability -> Lower COST score

protip: AIRs have the best maneuverability, thus best survivability
Back to top Go down
Arti
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Arti

PostSubject: Re: Why am I so terrible   Why am I so terrible EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 6:40 pm

I DID replace Shino's default legs, yes. I use Victory 1 legs.

Oh, and let's also add Helingal onto the list of robots I mainly use. I'm also working on getting a Seraph, which will be hard because I rarely buy rt and my regular crimrose sucks atm
Back to top Go down
PhoenixAir
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
PhoenixAir

Male Posts : 193

PostSubject: Re: Why am I so terrible   Why am I so terrible EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 6:58 pm

Arti wrote:
I DID replace Shino's default legs, yes. I use Victory 1 legs.

Oh, and let's also add Helingal onto the list of robots I mainly use. I'm also working on getting a Seraph, which will be hard because I rarely buy rt and my regular crimrose sucks atm

you dont need rt for seraph O_o, there are triangles with seraph, you just need a crimrose and grind for a few days for a seraph(then buy promotion for 100k uc or get one from a lotto cube)
Back to top Go down
Arti
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Arti

PostSubject: Re: Why am I so terrible   Why am I so terrible EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 7:12 pm

I know it can be bought with UC. It's just that I'm not a millionaire.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Why am I so terrible   Why am I so terrible EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 7:13 pm

It doesn't take long to make 100k doing arena. Hell, doing the arcantus treasures for the week is about 60k in 1~2 hours.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: Why am I so terrible   Why am I so terrible EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 7:29 pm

I sucked too when I first joined. ( Neutral Then again, everyone sucks upon first joining anything...)
What I did was copied what others did. (This was way back before Ouka was even released)
1st: I saw people using two Mini Bazookas on Lily Rains - I copied
2nd: I saw people using Izuna BS - I copied
3rd: I saw people lag-kunning - I didn't copy completely, I just teleported to the person then kicked and shot as they flew up.

I'd probably still be doing all that if they didn't release certain new bots. (EVE, Toybox Girl, etc.)

Basically what I'm trying to say is, if you want to try to do better, see what other people do that don't use the robots you get in Garapons. Try and learn that tactic for yourself and you'll do a lot better. Or, if you feel that's jacking off others ideas, you can keep trying to experiment builds. I've experimented a lot myself - Accel Sabers with Red Squealer AMs and Bazookas, Seraph Crimroses with Plasma/Mini Zooks, etc.

Just keep looking! Smile
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Why am I so terrible   Why am I so terrible EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 7:53 pm

>Rev

He'll get points Embarassed

Seriousness aside, if all else fails, hop. Anything with short boost and quick land combo is god tier.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

PostSubject: Re: Why am I so terrible   Why am I so terrible EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 7:57 pm

Arti wrote:
Let's see.

Keep using destrutor girl and amateus

I have yet to see destrutor girl used right her core is godly but ppl dont tune ehr mobility at all Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad .

For amateus I need to know what art weapons u have.

What other rt bots u have stop useing shino and sigma.

For your arts amateus tune fly,Desturtor girl tune wlk learn boost run, Learn shortboost on amateus its a must.

And don't listen to IronFist, ever.

Last edited by boytitan2 on Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IronFist
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
IronFist

PostSubject: Re: Why am I so terrible   Why am I so terrible EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 8:07 pm

Rinrin wrote:
Arti wrote:
u need an OP bot.

Suguri wrote:
IronFist wrote:

its a psychological tactic.
enemies see OMG THAT GUY HAS THAT HIGH COST 'place part here'!!! KILL HIM FOR FREE BP LOSS!!!
*enemies chase him down and ambushed by awaiting teammates*

GG

omg . . . that happen a lot when I go Izuna, bombard a bit, get ambushed . . . so I fall back and someone follow me . . . free kill for the team Smile

edit: (just a seraph can be faster than my Izuna speed so most bots that try to follow me end up in a trap Cool )

edit2: I dont use RW BSJ, using Prop BSJ, because my Prop BSJs I can tune up, the RW BSJs dont (I even have a Prop BSJ with 2 or 3 slots . . . )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why am I so terrible   Why am I so terrible Empty

Back to top Go down

Why am I so terrible
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next