Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Attitudes...

Go down 
+30
IronFist
spiketrigger
Wolf Hikari
Valkyrie
Asagi-san
Frederica-Bernkastel
Divinity
Midona
Aria
Raki
Courius
ziix
Rinrin
knyx
NovaZero
Hyoka
Fainche
xzpwnz
Rhyadel
ngelicdark
NecroWing
rei_hunter
Zwiebel Force
Nisa
Z741
FireKiller87
Turkeysaur
DarkChuky
IcyAmiki
SurrealSight
34 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SurrealSight

Male Posts : 41

Attitudes... Empty
PostSubject: Attitudes...   Attitudes... EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 1:51 pm

Well, this may or may not be pertinent to you depending on who you are.

What greeted my first arena matching of the evening...

Attitudes... Attitu10

Sierra is a Platinum rank player.

All of us want our respective unions to win. I have to question how the attitude displayed helps further that aim, beyond turning at least some off the game, and not helping the situation at all (bitching does not help your union win!).

On the other hand I've come across not-so-experienced players like Mireille who are nice to everyone - and the experienced ones who have posted in my threads, or high ranked players like Cast or Priskern (who have helped even if they were in different unions!) - and willing to share what they know.

To the playerbase: what are your thoughts, as a new/experienced player, on such players? (I know at least some part of the playerbase will say, "suck it up, they've earned that right." My reply will be that how you handle a situation reflects more on yourself than anyone else.)

Last edited by SurrealSight on Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
IcyAmiki
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IcyAmiki

Female Posts : 341

Attitudes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attitudes...   Attitudes... EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 2:03 pm

Well, the tension build up in this game over time has its toll on people. >_> Even I myself gets on the high horses sometimes and annoy the hell out of others. *and funny enough, you can see this kind of attitudes from a lot of high tier ranking clans or high ranking people in the game* kinda reflecting how high tier people wanna be sometimes.

Just ignore these people to be honest. Pro in skillz but zero in attitude. Laughing To me, if a match fails, it happens. Even star rankers have their bad days from time to time in the game, like few times where I died a lot to some so called OP bots.

Either way, I'm not going to tell you to suck it up, just put them on ignore list. Being a pro at the end doesn't mean much, just bragging right that makes you seem to look like a child. >_>
Back to top Go down
SurrealSight

Attitudes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attitudes...   Attitudes... EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 2:55 pm

Generally I only put spammers, or those who repeatedly bother me for no reason, on ignore. That way I keep communication lines open to most players, even those who (on impulse) have me on ignore.
Back to top Go down
DarkChuky
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
DarkChuky

Male Posts : 981

Attitudes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attitudes...   Attitudes... EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 2:59 pm

live in DOS and u will learn to be humble... cause 90% of the time u will lost because:

- other factions are just abusers...
- other factions are full of lag kuns...
- DOS is where all newbies comes, so they will learn losing...
Back to top Go down
IcyAmiki
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IcyAmiki

Female Posts : 341

Attitudes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attitudes...   Attitudes... EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 3:17 pm

DOS is humble is something I expect kinda less, since from how Fenrir and lol people from EFB been treating others... I find it meh.
Back to top Go down
Turkeysaur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Turkeysaur

Attitudes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attitudes...   Attitudes... EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 3:36 pm

My first experience was SilentIce from BRD, not even from my own union. Don't give a damn, 95% of the players don't work as a team anyways.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

Attitudes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attitudes...   Attitudes... EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 3:43 pm

Essentially, you can tell them to buzz off.
It doesn't matter for jack shit whether they got skills or not, a bad attitude in a (supposedly) team game like this puts the entire team at risk for shit to come flying from the sky.

It's also gotta come from your end too. You have to be the one to say, "Bro, fuck off. You don't need to talk shit about other guys just because you're OHSOSKILLED. You started out like us too, so shut the fuck up and play."
I've been fortunate enough to not have encountered such players in this game(and if I have, I don't quite recall), but I have in other games, and generally, they're immature, snot-nosed assholes who have nothing better to do in life than troll all day long on some computer game. So generally you can tell them off, and they can't do shit about it except challenge you to show off their skill, which does nothing but tell others that the guy can't take it if somebody challenges their supremacy.

Some people do it because their home life is fucked up and it's their way of releasing their anger, frustration, and sorrow, and those people you can't really blame for that kind of stuff, especially if their home life really is fucked up or the person perceives it to be so. So be careful before you tell somebody off and refer to their parents, home life, or anything like that, because that can get you into a whole tub of shit. I've done that a few times, and nearly every time it hasn't worked out well on my end and I usually ended up being sorry for it.

Make friends with the nicer players, and if you're going for a clan make sure they got a good rap. The more you get with the nice players, the less you'll have to scream in rage at the spoiled assholes in this game(or any game for that matter).

Also, the distribution of angry-raging-assholes is left skewed-meaning there are more assholes in the higher ranks than there are in the lower ranks, although there's also a general spike in asshole-ness in the noob levels, simply because many skilled players generally tend to feel more superior to lesser players and like to show it, and the noobs think they're "all that" and want to show off their "uber skillz at diz game".

tl;dr Tell assholes like that to buzz the fuck off, put em on ignore if they keep bothering you, and make nice with the nice players. Don't refer to home life/parents/anything like that when you're telling somebody off cuz it can dump you into a nice tub of shit. Assholes are more prevalent in the noob and high-experience ranks, although they are few in number and generally many experienced players and noobs are nice people. Make sure you fuck the asshole players royally so they can QQ and ragequit, and there'll be one less asshole prowling CB.
Back to top Go down
Z741
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Z741

Male Posts : 739

Attitudes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attitudes...   Attitudes... EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 3:54 pm

SurrealSight wrote:
Generally I only put spammers, or those who repeatedly bother me for no reason, on ignore.
^

It's more work than it's worth, just simply ignore and move on.

Sure I'll be a bit pissed off after an Epoch Offense when nubs call healing clusters for the defending team to murder [which is exactly NOT what to do], but all it takes is just a step back to put it back in perspective - me being mad is going to do *nothing* at all to help, so why bother? I'll just go back to teaching the people who want to learn in my clan hao2epoch, and use that as a starting point.
Back to top Go down
SurrealSight

Attitudes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attitudes...   Attitudes... EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 3:57 pm

FireKiller87 wrote:
Message...
No such thing as tl;dr in my book, unless it's a badly crafted message. Smile
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

Attitudes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attitudes...   Attitudes... EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 4:04 pm

SurrealSight wrote:
FireKiller87 wrote:
Message...

My tl;drs don't indicate crappy messages. I use them to summarize when the message is too long for people to read, especially since I tend to type out long messages on these kinds of things. Makes it easier for people to figure out what the hell I'm saying.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

Attitudes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attitudes...   Attitudes... EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 4:06 pm

Though having newbies in UBER HIGH TIER (Grade AAA) rooms where you WANT to win can be rather...unsettling.

Go to your easy-moudo rooms and learn the game first.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

Attitudes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attitudes...   Attitudes... EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 4:26 pm

There will allways be people like that in MMOs, some guys just believe they're special because they're good at beating off some time playing video games. I'll never understand how people can be proud of such things, IRL I'm actually pretty embarrassed about playing games and even hide it away like it was something illegal or immoral.

Personally I prefer to stay out of this kind of talk in general. All I'd ever say to this kind of people is to calm down and kindly ask them not to ruining everyones gaming experience by starting off elementary-school-styled drama like that. I'll never get how people can be so angry about games. I usually just tell them what exactly made them fail and hope they'll get it - If not it's a chance for me to try harder and make up for someone else's incapability.
Back to top Go down
SurrealSight

Attitudes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attitudes...   Attitudes... EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 4:34 pm

FireKiller87 wrote:
SurrealSight wrote:
FireKiller87 wrote:
Message...

My tl;drs don't indicate crappy messages. I use them to summarize when the message is too long for people to read, especially since I tend to type out long messages on these kinds of things. Makes it easier for people to figure out what the hell I'm saying.
That's not what I meant. I meant that I generally read everything unless it's a badly crafted message. Smile

Nisa wrote:
Though having newbies in UBER HIGH TIER (Grade AAA) rooms where you WANT to win can be rather...unsettling.

Go to your easy-moudo rooms and learn the game first.
There is no room set for Chromium ("pentagon") - Titanium ("hexagon") heroes. Once someone reaches Chromium it's basically on to the open rooms against the "star" ranks and tuned bots.

Besides, learning has got to be against something harder (i.e. have a curve), it makes no sense to learn against something easier.
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

Attitudes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attitudes...   Attitudes... EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 6:53 pm

You know... ignoring a lot of people prevents you yourself from actually doing teamwork within a match.

in a simple scenario, you need heal, and Sierra's healing, you'll probably wont see his Radio Command.

But anyways, attitude.... people like sierra pay to win, and if they can't win, then they will rage. So common :/ They'll try to blame it on others who doesnt have the things he has, RT Bots, Firepower and among other things.

Also given that Snowflake's a bit empty these days, getting buttsore from arena because of cashwhores is at a high rate these days.

Luckily, i dont have to put up with this in CB-JP.... since everyone works as a team, no questions asked. Even if you're a foreigner or an idiot, they'll help you if you call out (x7 or z5, Enemy Spoted & Requesting Medic)
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
NecroWing
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
NecroWing

Attitudes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attitudes...   Attitudes... EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 7:19 pm

Sierra suffer from tori syndrome in arena plus SilentIce syndrome when blame on others.

I just can't help but laugh everytime players like this one rage.
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Attitudes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attitudes...   Attitudes... EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 7:33 pm

yeah... i mean, who wouldnt rage after spending so much and get beaten?
Back to top Go down
NecroWing
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
NecroWing

Attitudes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attitudes...   Attitudes... EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 7:41 pm

Yeah... but we can all agree that players like Etherlight that probably have spent more than him, don't act like that.

Some players just can't take it easy~
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Attitudes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attitudes...   Attitudes... EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 7:44 pm

it's mostly the people who paid, and can't pay a lot more any longer. Etherlight's lucky i'll give ya that... but yeah Sierra aint the only one raging in snowflake about getting beaten so easily.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

Attitudes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attitudes...   Attitudes... EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 8:04 pm

Generally my policy is, tell the rager to calm down (as..nicely as possible.....) because a) raging doesn't solve any thing; b) being rude to people doesn't solve anything; c) it hurts people's feelings. Sometimes they respond nicely, sometimes they just tell me to stfu -_-'''' If that happens, I just shrug, leave the room (because they honestly bring down the game) or just play on and ignore the idiot who thinks blowing off his teammates is a good way to win.

@the misc. topics:

SilentIce was annoying. I tell him to calm down and I get a total IGNORE. Like jesus christ you think spammin *Attack!* 24/7 and getting us to rush every damn second of the game is a good strategy... Might win in animes but it totally doesn't win here..
Back to top Go down
Rhyadel
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rhyadel

Female Posts : 273

Attitudes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attitudes...   Attitudes... EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 8:06 pm

To me a game is something to enjoy, if someone is raging hard then they need to take a break from arena for a little while. If they are crying over one match then they are silly. There are times where a few people are a bit... over-competitive but there are other people runnning around who are good folks as well. I get a little upset sometimes but I understand that not everyone who plays puts hours and hours in each day or can afford to buy a virtual swimming pool full of Rt.

Just dont let people ruin the fun for you. They do for me sometimes and it makes me miserable but I love the game and they cant keep me away.

Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

Attitudes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attitudes...   Attitudes... EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 9:30 pm

Sierra is a lady
You don't walk up to retards and tell them to stop being retarded
It doesn't work that way
Back to top Go down
Fainche
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Fainche

Male Posts : 465

Attitudes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attitudes...   Attitudes... EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 9:46 pm

well being rude doesn't make one a good player.. I don't like blaming others for a teams failure.

i hope all of us can just get along. ^^,

*though those kind of players really piss me off.*
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

Attitudes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attitudes...   Attitudes... EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 9:49 pm

I lose every match

Remind me why I do arena again?
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Attitudes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attitudes...   Attitudes... EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 9:55 pm

More Money, More Drops... and Challe-Lotto Cubes. Mad
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

Attitudes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attitudes...   Attitudes... EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 9:59 pm

rei_hunter wrote:
More Money, More Drops... and Challe-Lotto Cubes. :x

Got mine from some boss, though.

I think Haku.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Attitudes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attitudes...   Attitudes... Empty

Back to top Go down

Attitudes...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Archives :: Cosmic Break :: General-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com