Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Loud music and game glitches!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
assist
Newcomer
Newcomer

Loud music and game glitches! Empty
PostSubject: Loud music and game glitches!   Loud music and game glitches! EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 2:29 pm

Hello, I'm new to the forum and to CB, joined just a few hours ago...

Installed the client, all ok, the game runs but...
1) Music volume is so loud that sound scretches in a horrible way... adjusting the volume doesn't have any effect at all
2) The stage loads but as soon as i move the mouse or directional keys the game becomes terribly slow... if i remain still it goes smoothly...

tried to change resolution, run in compatibility mode... no luck. i also tried to listen to mp3 music outside the game and it plays perfectly

I'm running Seven 64bit. Could this be the problem?

Hope someone can help me.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Loud music and game glitches!   Loud music and game glitches! EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 3:51 pm

I've ran the game on Windows 7 64 bit. It sounds like your computer spec's may not be high enough. Check yours against the ones suggested on the main site. The "game running in slow motion if you move" points to not having high enough spec's. Check by pressing Cntrl+Alt+Delete and opening. Watch the numbers on the bottom of the window for CPU and Memory Usage.

As for the mp3 file thing, I wouldn't know what that was
Back to top Go down
assist
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Loud music and game glitches!   Loud music and game glitches! EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 6:27 pm

I have a Core 2 quad, 4 gb ram, ATI 4500. i don't think it's a spec problem...
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Loud music and game glitches!   Loud music and game glitches! EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 7:38 pm

Check your ping to the server, you could have bad networking.
Back to top Go down
Falads
Falads

PostSubject: Re: Loud music and game glitches!   Loud music and game glitches! EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 10:58 pm

I have had the same problem as you do with the game's audio making a horrible screeching noise. This usually happened whenever I was doing something else on the computer with the Cosmic Break window alt tabbed or windowed.

I solved this by changing the hardware acceleration in sound to basic as well as the sample rate conversion quality to Standard. After that, the terrible screeching sounds that made my ear bleed never occurred again. Smile
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Loud music and game glitches!   Loud music and game glitches! EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 11:08 pm

Falads wrote:
I have had the same problem as you do with the game's audio making a horrible screeching noise. This usually happened whenever I was doing something else on the computer with the Cosmic Break window alt tabbed or windowed.

I solved this by changing the hardware acceleration in sound to basic as well as the sample rate conversion quality to Standard. After that, the terrible screeching sounds that made my ear bleed never occurred again. Smile

Is there a guide to this, for the less tech-savvy?
Back to top Go down
Falads
Falads

PostSubject: Re: Loud music and game glitches!   Loud music and game glitches! EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 11:27 pm

Hmm, I use Windows XP so this might not apply to everyone but...

1. Go to control panel, click on "Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices", and then click on "Change Speaker Settings".

2. Under the "Speaker settings" in the new window that popped up, click on advanced.

3. Go to performance tab and move the sliders for hardware acceleration to basic, and the sample rate conversion quality to standard.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Loud music and game glitches!   Loud music and game glitches! EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 11:41 pm

Well, my old sampling rate was 24 bit and 48000 Hz, I turned it down to 16 bit and 41000 Hz, hope this works.
Back to top Go down
assist
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Loud music and game glitches!   Loud music and game glitches! EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Ok... i tried lowering the sample rate (but couldn't find accelleration for sound in Seven...), the screech remains.

I also tried to run game in full screen but no luck.
Back to top Go down
Falads
Falads

PostSubject: Re: Loud music and game glitches!   Loud music and game glitches! EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 7:57 pm

If you can't find the proper settings for hardware acceleration in control panel, then try this....

Go to start menu on lower left corner, and search for "Run" (without quotes).

In Run type in "dxdiag" (without quotes), and when it is done loading, click on the sound tab. There you should be able to see slider for hardware sound acceleration.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loud music and game glitches!   Loud music and game glitches! Empty

Back to top Go down

Loud music and game glitches!
Page 1 of 1