Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Image is Not in Palette Format

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cymbal
Newcomer
Newcomer
Cymbal

Image is Not in Palette Format Empty
PostSubject: Image is Not in Palette Format   Image is Not in Palette Format EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 2:07 pm

I am trying to produce my own skins for a Neon Neos BD piece. The design will use images found around the internet. I have resized it, created a workable background, and everything. However, I repeatedly find the same error message every time I try to import it from a PNG format. "Image is not in palette format." I am getting tired of seeing this message and after trying a few things, have yet to get passed it.

Does anyone have any idea what the error message is caused by?
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Image is Not in Palette Format   Image is Not in Palette Format EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 5:41 pm

CB uses a 15-colour palette. You have to convert your image into a 15-colour indexed GIF before you can import.
Back to top Go down
Cymbal
Newcomer
Newcomer
Cymbal

PostSubject: Re: Image is Not in Palette Format   Image is Not in Palette Format EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 8:14 pm

Thank you for your response.

I take it 16 color doesn't work? I'm not sure how to reformat it to 15, though I have been able to do 16. Any particular way to do so?
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Image is Not in Palette Format   Image is Not in Palette Format EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 9:09 pm

All I know is that the CB palatte is 15 colours, maybe 16 colours will work, but you're going to have merge 2 of the colours into one. And 9 of the colours (main, sub and light) colours follow a specific light/dark scheme, while you have 6 user custom colours.
Back to top Go down
inzane14
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
inzane14

Male Posts : 198

PostSubject: Re: Image is Not in Palette Format   Image is Not in Palette Format EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 10:36 pm

Or you can make life easier and use Verafice's CB Skin Tool.

It converts the pic you want into the appropriate pallete format.

Take note that the pic may not be the same as the original since you can only use a limited amount of hues on a skin.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qcp3sbbn2h323sf
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Image is Not in Palette Format   Image is Not in Palette Format EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 10:51 pm

inzane14 wrote:
Or you can make life easier and use Verafice's CB Skin Tool.

It converts the pic you want into the appropriate pallete format.

Take note that the pic may not be the same as the original since you can only use a limited amount of hues on a skin.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qcp3sbbn2h323sf

I've been looking for something like this too, thank you and Vera.

EDIT: that gratitude is being withheld, since I'm getting a server not found error when I try to DL, can you re-up it on RS or MU or somewhere?

EDITEDIT: nvm, working again, gratitude no longer withheld.
Back to top Go down
Cymbal
Newcomer
Newcomer
Cymbal

PostSubject: Re: Image is Not in Palette Format   Image is Not in Palette Format EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 10:32 am

Fantastic! Thank you all for your time and effort in helping me make fuller use of the game's skin-editor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Image is Not in Palette Format   Image is Not in Palette Format Empty

Back to top Go down

Image is Not in Palette Format
Page 1 of 1