Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Needing help with alphair weaps..

Go down 
+4
Nisa
Suguri
reVelske
ppxeno
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ppxeno
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ppxeno

Male Posts : 553

Needing help with alphair weaps.. Empty
PostSubject: Needing help with alphair weaps..   Needing help with alphair weaps.. EmptyTue May 31, 2011 3:21 pm

inb4 [YEAH I KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT. I KNOW WHAT IM DOING. I KNOW IMA PHAG. HALF UC PLAYER/ALL RT FROM OFFERS, SWAGBUCKS ETC. CB MADE ME DO THIS.]
._. ok um..so i was wondering what weapons should alpha airs use?

i currently have a blitz blaster...so i equipped it. and i need another hand-holding weap.

Requirements: less than or equal to 60 cost...

now starts here ppl might think abt mini zook..but personally i dont like it :$ cuz 1. dat -2 fly..i DONT EVEN have 5 capa for it to b tuned...:$ so...2. i dont usually
play air VS air battles..and i always avoid dogfights. most of my targets r lnds and fat arts. and dat causes the blast guard...50% dmg which is a lot..unlike beam
or sword its only 20 or 30....so yeah

and i think i need some shell based weap(or any other kind of weap that duznt deal beam/blast dmg)..so im thingking about auto magnem..which is good stat wise: 45 cost plus +1 fly. and it is shell-based. but 12 force maybe still a little meh....
then i need some advices Very Happy

the other one im thinking is magnet gun from rt shop....nah i just personally love homing weaps.
..and why do ppl use flint musket? is it really good for alpha airs?

last....i dont have any arrow weaps like cross shooter :$ or ill equip em asap..
.....and heres my currently air raider.

Needing help with alphair weaps.. Airaid10

so ya see..after he gets to lvl9 and gets MB theres only 15 capa left..with 45 cost of auto magnem total has 60 free capa for another weap.

since the str is 0...common wbs like sword bit and such r absolutely useless now...so i need a battery WB...which will definately have a 5 cost.

yeah.....any advices? much appreciated
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Needing help with alphair weaps..   Needing help with alphair weaps.. EmptyTue May 31, 2011 3:24 pm

Musket, Flint Musket, Beam Gun, Double Beam Gun, Wide Beam Gun, Accel Beam Gun. Pick your poison.

Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Needing help with alphair weaps..   Needing help with alphair weaps.. EmptyTue May 31, 2011 3:51 pm

reVelske wrote:
Musket, Flint Musket, Beam Gun, Double Beam Gun, Wide Beam Gun, Accel Beam Gun. Pick your poison.

These and the obvious cross shooter, if you can coax one out of gara. Cross Shooter Mod's currently in weekly, and comes with a free cross raptor attached.

EDIT: You forgot Magnet Gun. o;

Also curveguns of various varieties, but good luck they're lotto only atm.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Needing help with alphair weaps..   Needing help with alphair weaps.. EmptyTue May 31, 2011 4:06 pm

faaaaag

also,i've seen some build with stunguns,although I find it rather phail,since the damage is enough to stun.
Back to top Go down
ppxeno
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ppxeno

PostSubject: Re: Needing help with alphair weaps..   Needing help with alphair weaps.. EmptyTue May 31, 2011 4:24 pm

Nisa wrote:
faaaaag

this

._.
Back to top Go down
ppxeno
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ppxeno

PostSubject: Re: Needing help with alphair weaps..   Needing help with alphair weaps.. EmptyTue May 31, 2011 4:25 pm

anyways thanks guys....
i think ill go with magnet gun...at least its homing :$
so for dmg wise, whcih is better? flint musket or magnet gun?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Needing help with alphair weaps..   Needing help with alphair weaps.. EmptyTue May 31, 2011 4:29 pm

Nisa wrote:
faaaaag

also,i've seen some build with stunguns,although I find it rather phail,since the damage is enough to stun.
You -want- to stun. That's (part of the reason) why people use frau arms and cross shooters; high stun rate.

I wouldn't use any elecgun for alpha aside from Lucheer HD2 or Butterflea HD2 though.

ppxeno wrote:

so for dmg wise, whcih is better? flint musket or magnet gun?
Definitely Flint Musket.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Needing help with alphair weaps..   Needing help with alphair weaps.. EmptyTue May 31, 2011 9:43 pm

Rifles have better stun than most other standard bullets for airs, so flint musket would also work as a dogfight weapon without the obscene -fly -wlk of mini baz. Also, your 0 walk is disturbing. Tune for 38 fly >1 wlk >rest into tec. And why sword guard, the purpose of being an alphafag is to stay out of melee range.
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: Needing help with alphair weaps..   Needing help with alphair weaps.. EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 4:20 pm

my horrilow tgh alpha air that has no frau ams, cross shooters/mods, and raystag hd.

Needing help with alphair weaps.. Deli12
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Needing help with alphair weaps..   Needing help with alphair weaps.. EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Rinrin wrote:
my horrilow tgh alpha air that has no frau ams, cross shooters/mods, and raystag hd.

I don't like raystag HD because it's so short lasting, and it has such obscene cost. Frau arms are good but tess AM4s are my personal favorite along with original pacifar AMs. Xshooter is easily substituted by flint musket. I use an ace braver BS to compensate for horribad TGH.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: Needing help with alphair weaps..   Needing help with alphair weaps.. EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 10:31 pm

Did you ever get those Tess AMs btw knyx? XD Sure hope you did.

Either of which way, I have nothing new to add to above ^ They pretty much have it all covered.

Since I'm cheap, I use Pacifar BR AMs instead...but yeah I would love to have Tess/Pacifar AMs instead D: I don't know if I should roll it tonight before it goes away..

Also, I don't know if this is true, but blast magnet gun has pretty horrid start up acceleration of the psygun by itself..and has a pretty long interval... I wouldn't like that for an alpha fag... Is the magnet gun any better?

Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Needing help with alphair weaps..   Needing help with alphair weaps.. EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 12:10 am

See for yourself:

Needing help with alphair weaps.. WdJ5i

An arm and a leg (or maybe just a month's worth of starvation) which finally paid off (sorta, would have preferred air raider BD though I can't complain, xxxraptor is soooooo adowable)

Gold rate is great on this weekly, I got tess, xraptor with the xshooter mod (which are >> regular xshooters, since it preserves the original's speed and range), and handa tune sets (going to tune revenge when I get a revenge-worthy bot Razz), my dae is sitting in the garage since I don't have jhams or tuning mats to 40 str/wlk/tgh yet.

Original magnet guns have good rate as well as the same degree of homing you see in the original lily, plus equippable by air. Suguri had the psycho cluster build with tent HD, greinaut AMs and dual magnet guns, so 12 homing weapons from an air bot, lands beware. Though the damage is iffy, you make up for it in sheer overwhelming number.
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

PostSubject: Re: Needing help with alphair weaps..   Needing help with alphair weaps.. EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 4:27 am

knyx wrote:
Rinrin wrote:

I don't like raystag HD because it's so short lasting, and it has such obscene cost. Frau arms are good but tess AM4s are my personal favorite along with original pacifar AMs. Xshooter is easily substituted by flint musket. I use an ace braver BS to compensate for horribad TGH.

my 6 tgh is horrible cos raider bd has 8, telsa ams -1 each and i have no parts that add.
air raider has no bs slots unless ur using thoarla lg or lazflamme or izuna.

frau arms are better cos they r accel beam guns, with a good stun rate, plus it has a smaller hitbox cos it doesnt have raiko rings. it cost less too and have better stats (doesnt -1 tgh like telsa). pacifar is ok but i personally wouldnt recommend cos it just shoots normal beam guns, unlike telsa elec or frau accel beam gun. but it has lower cost than telsa am so...

x shootah/mods has replacements but they arent as good as the level of cross shooters. cross shooters have ultra low cost, low stat reduction, high stunrate, great accuracy (personally, when i use my clanmate's acct), good ammo, interval, and stuff.
flint musket is low cost and adds 1 fly but with 180 ammo and when compared to cross shooters, i wouldnt like it.

i agree that raystag hd is short lasting, but hey... its the best alpha air head. it shoots 6/7 homing beams. HOMING. WITH HOMING LIKE AG. plus the dmg it does cannot be compared with with tentrion hd. a pity i dont have raystag hd...
Back to top Go down
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
UncleBobbie

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: Needing help with alphair weaps..   Needing help with alphair weaps.. EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 5:29 am

ngelicdark wrote:
Did you ever get those Tess AMs btw knyx? XD Sure hope you did.

Either of which way, I have nothing new to add to above ^ They pretty much have it all covered.

Since I'm cheap, I use Pacifar BR AMs instead...but yeah I would love to have Tess/Pacifar AMs instead D: I don't know if I should roll it tonight before it goes away..

Also, I don't know if this is true, but blast magnet gun has pretty horrid start up acceleration of the psygun by itself..and has a pretty long interval... I wouldn't like that for an alpha fag... Is the magnet gun any better?

AIRs cant wear blast magnet gun anyways. IIRC
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Needing help with alphair weaps..   Needing help with alphair weaps.. EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 7:43 am

Cori's shitty fag build.
Needing help with alphair weaps.. B3Q4H
Rinrin wrote:
frau arms are better cos they r accel beam guns, with a good stun rate, plus it has a smaller hitbox cos it doesnt have raiko rings.
The rings aren't counted as hitbox IIRC, but Frau AMs are still better even with that.
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

PostSubject: Re: Needing help with alphair weaps..   Needing help with alphair weaps.. EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 10:29 am

Cori wrote:
Cori's shitty fag build.
Needing help with alphair weaps.. B3Q4H
Rinrin wrote:
frau arms are better cos they r accel beam guns, with a good stun rate, plus it has a smaller hitbox cos it doesnt have raiko rings.
The rings aren't counted as hitbox IIRC, but Frau AMs are still better even with that.
why else did cs not give me cross shooters/mods, frau arms, and raystag hd?
to prevent me from pwning of cuz!

and... CORI SHOW UR FREAKING CARTS AND STATS!!! and i see cross shooters. im sooooo gonna kill eu.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Needing help with alphair weaps..   Needing help with alphair weaps.. EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 3:55 pm

It's an air raider, so it's obviously x6 capacity x2 internal and moving burst. Other cart, if any, is likely quick boost or float dash.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Needing help with alphair weaps..   Needing help with alphair weaps.. EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 8:57 pm

I'd use raystag if I had an air raider to build it on, but there is no way I am fitting that into a XXXraptor. The DPS is amazing on that thing but tent HD is your best balance between cost, stats and damage, especially for poor folks who need to give up food for roots.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Needing help with alphair weaps..   Needing help with alphair weaps.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Needing help with alphair weaps..
Page 1 of 1