Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where are the resouce files for Single Player mode stored?

Go down 
+2
Suguri
Animedude5555
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Animedude5555
Animedude5555

Where are the resouce files for Single Player mode stored? Empty
PostSubject: Where are the resouce files for Single Player mode stored?   Where are the resouce files for Single Player mode stored? EmptySat May 28, 2011 6:01 pm

I know there are 2 modes, easy and hard in Single Player.
In easy mode you have 3 androids or cyborgs to pick from. In hard mode you have 3 non-human robots to pick from.

My question simply is where are the resource files for these 6 Single Player mode characters. There must be either 3 files for each, or one or two files that combine some or all of the components that would normally take 3 files). These 3 files or components (as found for each character) would be:
3d model
texture
specs data (what weapons are equipped and numerical stats such as speed/defense/offense)

This means up to 18 files would be needed in total for the all 6 characters in Single Player mode. What are the names of these files, and in what file folder or folders on my computer can I find them?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Where are the resouce files for Single Player mode stored?   Where are the resouce files for Single Player mode stored? EmptySat May 28, 2011 6:06 pm

Trying to extract single mode as an offline-playable game?

Regardless, I couldn't help you with that.
Back to top Go down
Animedude5555
Animedude5555

PostSubject: Re: Where are the resouce files for Single Player mode stored?   Where are the resouce files for Single Player mode stored? EmptySat May 28, 2011 7:51 pm

Suguri wrote:
Trying to extract single mode as an offline-playable game?

Regardless, I couldn't help you with that.

Nope it's already offline playable. Just make a shortcut with these exact properties
Target: C:\CyberStep\CosmicBreak_eng\programs\cosmic.exe -launch
Start in: C:\CyberStep\CosmicBreak_eng\
Run that and the game starts at the main title screen and completely skips the launcher/updater program. Then just click the Single Player button to start the game in Single Player mode, no internet connection required.

What I REALLY want to do, and what the REAL purpose of this information request thread is, is I want to edit the CONTENTS of the model files for Single Player mode (i.e. replace the character models used in Single Player mode directly with other models using the same file format, thereby giving me the ability to play as any character I want, or even play custom robots, if anyone has enditing software that would allow them to make custom robots, so long as I could obtain the model files used for that robot).

Fans of games usually become game hackers. I'm surprised that there aren't more CB hackers arround these forums, who could provide me with said information.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Where are the resouce files for Single Player mode stored?   Where are the resouce files for Single Player mode stored? EmptySat May 28, 2011 9:27 pm

Animedude5555 wrote:

Fans of games usually become game hackers. I'm surprised that there aren't more CB hackers arround these forums, who could provide me with said information.

Subject improvement noted.
Back to top Go down
bleh
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Where are the resouce files for Single Player mode stored?   Where are the resouce files for Single Player mode stored? EmptySat May 28, 2011 10:11 pm

Animedude5555 wrote:

Nope it's already offline playable. Just make a shortcut with these exact properties
Run that and the game starts at the main title screen and completely skips the launcher/updater program. Then just click the Single Player button to start the game in Single Player mode, no internet connection required.

What I REALLY want to do, and what the REAL purpose of this information request thread is, is I want to edit the CONTENTS of the model files for Single Player mode (i.e. replace the character models used in Single Player mode directly with other models using the same file format, thereby giving me the ability to play as any character I want, or even play custom robots, if anyone has enditing software that would allow them to make custom robots, so long as I could obtain the model files used for that robot).

You won't find any software for that. All the skins, models, etc are in custom formats developed by cyberstep.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

PostSubject: Re: Where are the resouce files for Single Player mode stored?   Where are the resouce files for Single Player mode stored? EmptySun May 29, 2011 2:11 am

cause hacks cost money or take alot of time

u can either a waste your moeny

b get over charged
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: Where are the resouce files for Single Player mode stored?   Where are the resouce files for Single Player mode stored? EmptySun May 29, 2011 2:35 am

Just keep clicking til you find it I guess.
Everything you need should probably be in the cyberstep folder.
But yeah people, myself included, that actually bother to forum are legit players who don't know anything about hacking.
If we did we wouldn't be complaining about lagkuns all the time.
Back to top Go down
Animedude5555
Animedude5555

PostSubject: Re: Where are the resouce files for Single Player mode stored?   Where are the resouce files for Single Player mode stored? EmptySun May 29, 2011 3:25 am

bleh wrote:
Animedude5555 wrote:

You won't find any software for that. All the skins, models, etc are in custom formats developed by cyberstep.
Custom maybe, But I bet it wouldn't be too hard to figure out the format for a hacker. First of all the game is not commercial, so there's no monitary incentive to keep the format encrypted or to sue reverse-engineers who try to discover the format. So while data is likely compressed for space saving reasons, it is very unlikely to also be encrypted. In fact the music files are plain MP3s.

And no software is unhackable, and no game remains unhacked for very long. Look at GTA San Andreas (which very much IS commercial software). It's got propriatery format data files, but there are hacks for it that allow you to add your own character models (models created by hackers in the propriatery GTA format). I have a Reimu Hakurei (from Touhou games) fan made 3d model I've installed on my copy of GTA San Andreas. So don't tell me that Cosmic Break can't be modded. Just give me the info on how to mod it.
Back to top Go down
bleh
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Where are the resouce files for Single Player mode stored?   Where are the resouce files for Single Player mode stored? EmptySun May 29, 2011 2:46 pm

Animedude5555 wrote:
First of all the game is not commercial, so there's no monitary incentive to keep the format encrypted or to sue reverse-engineers who try to discover the format. So while data is likely compressed for space saving reasons, it is very unlikely to also be encrypted.

See those files in the resources folder? They are encrypted.
Communication between client and server? Encrypted.

Anyway, the encryption has been cracked and the client decompiled since the days of obt.
Back to top Go down
Animedude5555
Animedude5555

PostSubject: Re: Where are the resouce files for Single Player mode stored?   Where are the resouce files for Single Player mode stored? EmptySun May 29, 2011 3:58 pm

bleh wrote:
Animedude5555 wrote:
First of all the game is not commercial, so there's no monitary incentive to keep the format encrypted or to sue reverse-engineers who try to discover the format. So while data is likely compressed for space saving reasons, it is very unlikely to also be encrypted.

See those files in the resources folder? They are encrypted.
Communication between client and server? Encrypted.

Anyway, the encryption has been cracked and the client decompiled since the days of obt.

Well that's stupid. Why encrypt them? And yes I saw the resources files, but I assumed they were just highly compressed, not encrypted.

But if they have been cracked, then please provide me the info, or at least a link to a site that might have the info. This could be very interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where are the resouce files for Single Player mode stored?   Where are the resouce files for Single Player mode stored? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where are the resouce files for Single Player mode stored?
Page 1 of 1