Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The equipments at the single mode

Go down 
+2
JadeCicada
TrieDaEsprit
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TrieDaEsprit
3Legion
TrieDaEsprit

Male Posts : 2661

The equipments at the single mode Empty
PostSubject: The equipments at the single mode   The equipments at the single mode EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 9:26 am

I've been wondering what weapons do the girls wield in the single mode except for Lily's (I got them figured out) can anyone tell me what sword Crimrose uses and what Bayonet Lazflamme uses?

-Edit-
Nevermind the question above, I've managed to figure them out, but I can't figure out how to find Crimrose AM3 and the Gun Striker, help please?
Back to top Go down
JadeCicada
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
JadeCicada

PostSubject: Re: The equipments at the single mode   The equipments at the single mode EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 10:05 am

Crimrose AM3 comes with certain models of Crimrose, usually only available through gara. There's one model series of Crimrose that comes just with AM and AM3, and then there's Crimrose B who has both AM2 (a simple two-swing sword) and AM3. You can get the latter in the Daily Gara.

Gunstriker is just a general gara weapon. Not particularly common to show up, though I believe it's currently in one of the UC weapon garas at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Seraphcrim
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Seraphcrim

Male Posts : 1288

PostSubject: Re: The equipments at the single mode   The equipments at the single mode EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 10:16 am

Why would you want Crim AM3 when there's AM4? Not to mention Crim Edges (ALE Crim's weapon I think) and all the other wonderful air melee stuffs. Unless you want it for collection purpose...
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: The equipments at the single mode   The equipments at the single mode EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 10:30 am

What could the AM4 do again? I remember liking the AM2 back in the beta.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: The equipments at the single mode   The equipments at the single mode EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 10:37 am

am4 is a plasma edge or something (think of warslicer, a sword that shoots waves while attacking)
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: The equipments at the single mode   The equipments at the single mode EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 10:38 am

Oh yeah, now I remember. I wanted that part more than the Crimrose using it.
Back to top Go down
Seraphcrim
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Seraphcrim

PostSubject: Re: The equipments at the single mode   The equipments at the single mode EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 10:38 am

AM4 is something that shoots shockwaves that do beam damage when you swing it. It's like a Crim Edge minus the launch into the air. I think.
Back to top Go down
TrieDaEsprit
3Legion
TrieDaEsprit

PostSubject: Re: The equipments at the single mode   The equipments at the single mode EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 11:08 am

Well, by the time I wrote this, I haven't see the AM4 yet (although getting it would be nice) and as for Crim Edges........ GOD WHY DID I DELETE MY OLD ACCOUNT!?!?!?
I had an ALE Crim with TWO Crim Edges back then, and that's only one of my bots, out of about 20....... I'm so stupid, aren't I?
Back to top Go down
JadeCicada
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
JadeCicada

PostSubject: Re: The equipments at the single mode   The equipments at the single mode EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 11:25 am

Seraphcrim wrote:
Why would you want Crim AM3 when there's AM4? Not to mention Crim Edges (ALE Crim's weapon I think) and all the other wonderful air melee stuffs. Unless you want it for collection purpose...

Each AM has its own uses. AM3 in particular is not really comparable to the rest in its function. Beyond novelty, there's also the matter of accessibility - AM4 Crim hasn't been featured in many garas and most get them from Ro cubes. AM3 is readily available in Daily Gara now and then, while AM2 is in the shop as well as a possible yield in SP Lotto Cubes.

AM2 is low cost (only 55 including the 15 HP, 2 STR, 1 TEC AM it is attached to), has fairly nice travel range and speed. As a combo-finisher, it gives you a fair amount of distance. I've seen smart AM2 use actually harass arts a lot better than, say, Adone LG. You won't be getting any status afflictions much, no, but it is still very effective for its cost. Albeit at not having a handheld. Of the weapons, it's the most "side-arm", the kind of weapon you wouldn't build your entire bot around but instead just something extra you can tack on.

AM3 is the same cost, but is an energy thrust as opposed to a sword. If I'm not mistaken, it's also a TEC-based damage and if I'm not mistaken it is purely Beam (I don't think it has a melee component at all). Also jets you back but it has decent range. It's basically its own kind of weapon, if one wants to use it. The +2 TEC is nice but the +1 WLK is... less than ideal. It being not actually melee makes it somewhat redundant in the case of damage type output for an AIR, but if your main weapon is long range or not great at ammo, it's a very handy thing to have that can defend you a lot better than, say, a cutter.

AM4 is a nice sword that fires shockwaves for more damage. It also launches you to the air from ground combos, making it great both as a finisher and as a standalone sword. It costs 85 for the AM, although unlike AM2 it arguable is more stat helpful with the TEC swapped for FLY. You could make a build based entirely around it, or you could use it as a secondary or tertiary melee. It's pretty versatile in that regard, but the cost makes it tricky at times. It's a normal melee so it's pure STR.

Crim Edge is a beam/melee that is TEC based and fires exploding shockwaves, and unlike the rest it's a handheld. So it gives you more slots. It also costs a whopping 110. Personally, it feels a bit sluggish but it actually has about the same swinging speed as AM4 if I recall my tests properly. It meshes a lot better with gunner builds naturally due to TEC... if you can fit that massive cost in there.
Back to top Go down
Seraphcrim
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Seraphcrim

PostSubject: Re: The equipments at the single mode   The equipments at the single mode EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 11:32 am

Hmm... Maybe Crim edge can be a replacement for air melees that have no Kata AM or Jumper Halberd... Then again, phat cost
Back to top Go down
JadeCicada
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
JadeCicada

PostSubject: Re: The equipments at the single mode   The equipments at the single mode EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 11:36 am

Crim Edge only reliably launches from a ground combo if you're not really hitting anyone. If you're attacking someone, you usually end up at the same level as them post-combo, so it would be mighty unreliable. That thus makes it less than ideal to replace Kata AM or Jumper Halberd.

If you want a launch, you probably want Crim AM4 (which would mesh better, anyway, since most any combo into that will be another STR-based melee anyway).
Back to top Go down
TrieDaEsprit
3Legion
TrieDaEsprit

PostSubject: Re: The equipments at the single mode   The equipments at the single mode EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 12:15 pm

Actually, I used to attack better with the Crim Edge from the sky, especially for an ambush, it might be just me, or maybe that go well with dual wielding them? Wonder if things will go crazy if you equip four Crim Edges using Asura AMJs.
Flying behind enemies without them noticing and then raining sword beams at them,? FUN! And useful to lure them for my teammates to rain them with lead, solidified air, fire, missiles, more sword waves, swords, or pretty much anything they can throw at them, although it's quite risky and the build makes it impossible to get Leadership, as you can't aim to sneak, except if you have a certain Cust. Cartridge
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: The equipments at the single mode   The equipments at the single mode EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 7:14 am

Ooh AM4. Slash blade am.. I remember that. That was a bigger fad like 2 years ago or OB... (Unless I'm wrong and I'm thinking AM3, then excuse my rambling).

It's honestly not that great. Because it's an AM, the actual range on the blade is much shorter than slash blade itself. The waves I think go at the same distance/slightly shorter, but the wave created is also smaller as well. The combo itself is not bad, it's I believe a vertical slash, horizontal, then a leap slash down.

The flying combo is just some vertical/horizontal with a flip slash in a 3 hit combo. More flashy than efficient.

The problem was unlike Frau LG back then, it didn't stun half as well, didn't do nearly as much damage, was rather short ranged, and I think comparing it to ominous scythe... Well it pales in comparison that's for sure.

Plus the AM counted as a weapon AM so no buckler in same AM or anything; means you miss 3 tune slots off the bat.

I think I preferred AM2 before for its one time poke and homing..... I don't remember.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: The equipments at the single mode   The equipments at the single mode EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 9:01 am

great post about how to ignore cost of parts when comparing stuff
Back to top Go down
TrieDaEsprit
3Legion
TrieDaEsprit

PostSubject: Re: The equipments at the single mode   The equipments at the single mode EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 12:53 pm

seems to me like a compability comparing, not usefulness comparing
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: The equipments at the single mode   The equipments at the single mode EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 8:41 pm

Sorry, the way I see it, if a weapon/part that was going to be the gimmick of the bot was worth its cost, then obviously the build around it will have to accompany that as well.

That and honestly, back then when I was derping with Crim melee builds, I was just really derping for fun. I wanted a melee combo that would stun lock. They didn't fit the build so I casted them aside to look for other things (sorry my beloved parts :c).

Most of those parts were back in OB when my account was wiped anyway.. I don't think I have the parts anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The equipments at the single mode   The equipments at the single mode Empty

Back to top Go down

The equipments at the single mode
Page 1 of 1