Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Touhou Hisoutensoku

Go down 
+8
Seele00
AngelWings
js27091994
Rathalia
Nisa
Suguri
Falads
shindeta
12 posters
AuthorMessage
shindeta
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
shindeta

Male Posts : 132

Touhou Hisoutensoku Empty
PostSubject: Touhou Hisoutensoku   Touhou Hisoutensoku EmptySat May 21, 2011 7:16 am

Anybody here plays this?

Th12.3 v1.1
Spoiler:

i use hamachi for netplaying SEA area.
i made a room if so someone here wants to try me,
NN: CBth12.3
PW: 123

gameplay...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl0Sub0sk5o

SWR: http://www.filestube.com/a47e78e13ffa1de803e9/go.html
TH12.3: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7RCTG0GI (276.37 MB)
Back to top Go down
Falads
Falads

PostSubject: Re: Touhou Hisoutensoku   Touhou Hisoutensoku EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 4:27 pm

Yeah I did! Very Happy

But I sort of stopped playing, since fighting games usually do not hold my interest for long.

Though I'm surprised that no one has responded to this thread yet.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Touhou Hisoutensoku   Touhou Hisoutensoku EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 4:33 pm

I used to play it off and on, but every time I start I can't help but feel it's vastly inferior to IaMP.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Touhou Hisoutensoku   Touhou Hisoutensoku EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 4:57 pm

I haven't played touhou.

I don't know where to start (I suck at bullet hell)

and it's pretty much ALL japanese.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Touhou Hisoutensoku   Touhou Hisoutensoku EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 6:44 pm

Nisa wrote:

I haven't played touhou.

I don't know where to start (I suck at bullet hell)

and it's pretty much ALL japanese.
This one's fighting. And there's translation for it.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Touhou Hisoutensoku   Touhou Hisoutensoku EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 4:36 pm

Shameless bump/self-promotion, I've got quite a few Hisoutensoku vids on my youtube channel. Most of it's just glitches or situational gimmicks, but you might find something of interest.

I barely have any matches uploaded though, if there are any particular character vs character matchups you want to see, I've got several thousand replays that I could upload some from.

Back to top Go down
Rathalia
Rathalia

Male Posts : 50

PostSubject: Re: Touhou Hisoutensoku   Touhou Hisoutensoku EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 7:20 pm

I played a lot, but lately I've stop playing this when few of my forum mates stop to discuss this. Most of my friends play Touhou STG rather than Touhou Fighting though Sad
Back to top Go down
http://amakakeryu.wordpress.com/
js27091994
js27091994

Male Posts : 66

PostSubject: Re: Touhou Hisoutensoku   Touhou Hisoutensoku EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 6:03 am

INABA FTW :3 the vampire is so OP
Back to top Go down
shindeta
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
shindeta

PostSubject: Re: Touhou Hisoutensoku   Touhou Hisoutensoku EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 7:18 am

js27091994 wrote:
INABA FTW :3 the vampire is so OP

remi players are quite a hustle.
Back to top Go down
AngelWings
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
AngelWings

Male Posts : 102

PostSubject: Re: Touhou Hisoutensoku   Touhou Hisoutensoku EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 1:04 am

Remi =/= OP

Sure, she's the easiest player to use, but I find I often cream Remi-users with Suwako or Tenshi.

I also laugh at beginners who THINK she's OP, and end up failing.

If anyone wants a few matches with me, feel free to PM me anytime. I have Hamachi and I can battle anytime you want.

I also know of some of the best "easy" combos, and will be willing to share with you if you simply ask =)
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Touhou Hisoutensoku   Touhou Hisoutensoku EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 3:15 am

AngelWings wrote:
Remi =/= OP

Sure, she's the easiest player to use, but I find I often cream Remi-users with Suwako or Tenshi.

I also laugh at beginners who THINK she's OP, and end up failing.

If anyone wants a few matches with me, feel free to PM me anytime. I have Hamachi and I can battle anytime you want.

I also know of some of the best "easy" combos, and will be willing to share with you if you simply ask =)
The best soku players unanimously agree that Iku, Yuyuko, Sakuya, and Remilia run Soku's metagame. I can think of a few really good players at low-tier characters (KamiG with Marisa, Lent with Suwako, moma with Komachi, to name a few), but otherwise those four characters are always the ones you see doing well among the best players in general because hey at least two of those characters are pick-up-and-play.

Last edited by Suguri on Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Seele00
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Seele00

Male Posts : 250
Location : University of the Philippines, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines

PostSubject: Re: Touhou Hisoutensoku   Touhou Hisoutensoku EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 6:51 am

Used to play, along with the shmups. Slowly stopped playing due to IRL stuff (mostly graduation matters), although I'm getting back.

My mains are Iku, Reisen, Suika, and Suwako.
Back to top Go down
http://mixmatched.wordpress.com/
shindeta
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
shindeta

PostSubject: Re: Touhou Hisoutensoku   Touhou Hisoutensoku EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 11:55 am

Seele00 wrote:
Used to play, along with the shmups. Slowly stopped playing due to IRL stuff.

ok. since we're in the same country.
might as well we play please?

PLEASE!?

especially SEA area / nonlag
lunatics players
join my hamachi
and
play with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sadface.jpg
Back to top Go down
iAMsuperBlast
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
iAMsuperBlast

Male Posts : 404

PostSubject: Re: Touhou Hisoutensoku   Touhou Hisoutensoku EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 5:13 pm

Wait which one is this? I know there's three touhou fighting games and I played the second and third. (Wait isn't the third an expansion of the second or something?) Anyways I used to play them but that was on my old comp and I haven't felt like DL it again. Sakuya FTW! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Touhou Hisoutensoku   Touhou Hisoutensoku EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 4:08 am

iAMsuperBlast wrote:
Wait which one is this? I know there's three touhou fighting games and I played the second and third. (Wait isn't the third an expansion of the second or something?) Anyways I used to play them but that was on my old comp and I haven't felt like DL it again. Sakuya FTW! Twisted Evil
Immaterial and Missing Power = IaMP = th7.5 = first (and best) fighter
Scarlet Weather Rhapsody = SWR = th10.5 = second (and worst) fighter
Hisoutensoku = Soku = th12.3 = expansion for SWR
Back to top Go down
LordShade
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
LordShade

Male Posts : 1236

PostSubject: Re: Touhou Hisoutensoku   Touhou Hisoutensoku EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 5:09 am

IaMP was more like classic fighters

SWR was a new style and I like it due to how many cards and decks i could work with

also Okuu player here, Suffering from lack of combos all day erry day
Back to top Go down
Kecepirit
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Kecepirit

PostSubject: Re: Touhou Hisoutensoku   Touhou Hisoutensoku EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 6:39 am

personally though, i'd prefer Hisoutensoku(SWR) over IaMP.
i actually found the weather system entertaining and a bit of unpredictable "o shit" moments every now and then is always fun.
probably because i'm not into obsessive competitive [fighting] gaming...

also, i don't think comboing (in the sense of juggling) is better compared to timed counterattacks with all that combo limit and damage reduction. plus counterattack with certain cards might give you that music-changing one-hit "fatal ko".
Back to top Go down
iAMsuperBlast
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
iAMsuperBlast

Male Posts : 404

PostSubject: Re: Touhou Hisoutensoku   Touhou Hisoutensoku EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 6:47 am

Yeah now I remember the games. I liked playing SWR and Hisoutensoku and I'm not even a fighting game fan. Though I could never play with anyone because back then my connection was worse then now (and a crappy comp compared to now if that affects anything). Though I could watch fights all I want for some reason :/

Any who, Sakuya was my favorite character to play as.
Back to top Go down
shindeta
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
shindeta

PostSubject: Re: Touhou Hisoutensoku   Touhou Hisoutensoku EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 9:34 am

nobody wants to play with me?
sadface.jpg

i want to get raped on this game. w/out lag
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Touhou Hisoutensoku   Touhou Hisoutensoku EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 4:01 pm

Kecepirit wrote:
personally though, i'd prefer Hisoutensoku(SWR) over IaMP.
i actually found the weather system entertaining and a bit of unpredictable "o shit" moments every now and then is always fun.
probably because i'm not into obsessive competitive [fighting] gaming...

also, i don't think comboing (in the sense of juggling) is better compared to timed counterattacks with all that combo limit and damage reduction. plus counterattack with certain cards might give you that music-changing one-hit "fatal ko".
Weather I'm fine with, because you can manipulate it to your advantage with careful use of knockdowns, cards, etc.
Limit I'm fine with, because it gives you a way to force knockdown and encourages you to figure out ways to land the least amount of limiting hits before the ender to maximize damage
Though it prevents me from successfully doing things like this...:

My gripe with SWR/soku revolves more around these sorts of things:

• Slower paced
  • Blockstrings are high effort for little reward when you finally get the crush, and you get even less reward if your opponent decides to border escape, whereas in IaMP (and most fighters) guardbreaking is a lot more serious.
  • On the note of blockstrings, wrongblocking in SWR was more beneficial than blocking correctly, due to minimal spirit loss and massive knockback invalidating all followups from your opponent.
  • Much wider gap in character balance. In IaMP it wasn't uncommon to see Patchouli or Meiling win tournaments despite being bottom tier. In Soku I don't think I've ever seen an Alice beat a Remi or Iku in competitive matches where there wasn't a huge disparity in player skill present.
  • IAD/IABD got removed in SWR/Soku purely because of Aya.

I had a few more complaints about it, but I'm blanking on them atm. That should get my point across though. Granted, I do understand the games are meant to appeal to different audiences, I just greatly prefer IaMP.
  • Back to top Go down
    dsp
    Adept Poster
    Adept Poster
    dsp

PostSubject: Re: Touhou Hisoutensoku   Touhou Hisoutensoku EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 8:40 pm

Meh, didn't reinstall this eversince I reformatted my PC last year. I'll reinstall it if a new patch comes out for it. I prefer IaMP though. I can play anyone but Alice.. I suck too much at her.
    Back to top Go down
    Kecepirit
    Regular Poster
    Regular Poster
    Kecepirit

PostSubject: Re: Touhou Hisoutensoku   Touhou Hisoutensoku EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 1:54 am

fair enough.

just really like the card system though, its what makes it a touhou and separates it from "just another fighting doujin".
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Touhou Hisoutensoku   Touhou Hisoutensoku Empty

Back to top Go down

Touhou Hisoutensoku
    Page 1 of 1