Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA?

Go down 
+12
Feign
Midona
Rinrin
Aria
UncleBobbie
Nisa
knyx
LordShade
Intet
Raven
ngelicdark
Hellenisti
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hellenisti
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Hellenisti

Male Posts : 184

Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA? Empty
PostSubject: Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA?   Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA? EmptyWed May 18, 2011 4:03 pm

It seems to me that this little tune-up item guarantees your tune. All of my ALPHA tunes were around 40~60%, and all succeeded. (using those free ALPHAs from the Level Up Campaign)

Earlier, I had to junk-rebuild my Scaregant Nomad because my 65%/55% tunes kept on failing on the first/second slots, and when it finally was time for the last slot, I used a protector ALPHA, and succeeded with a 45% success rate.

On another note, I am led to believe that the Slot Protector OMEGA even lowers the tune chance, although this might all be in my head.

Anyway, have you guys failed with an ALPHA?
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA?   Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA? EmptyWed May 18, 2011 4:12 pm

All the time. Guaranteed you're gonna be wasting away your slot protector alphas easy.

For slot protectors, my general thing with them is omegas for the first and second slot if i want to (generally I don't these days cuz I feel it's not worth risking em) using 10% cosmos. If the omega succeeds twice= you got your break even point as if you bought that alpha.

Alphas I save for the 3rd slot all the time because it's the lowest success rate then and using omega then=waste of RT because more than likely you won't be breaking even. And ironically you got the tune to succeed at the lowest % too. It happens a lot.

Luck with tunes/garapon in this game is the same. It is what it is. It really is just luck. If it's not the way you like it, then CS just trolled ya. And if it did, then it's your lucky day Smile

Tho I hafta add this in, I have tuning streaks. I'll tune 1st/2nd slot taking turns (do all 1st slots first then 2nd) until I hit a point where I break a slot. I've had streaks like these up to 5-6 tunes in a row being successful. Then some days when I try, I break a slot. Experience had it that when I tried more, I kept breaking -_- Probably just it all being a coincidence though.

Last edited by ngelicdark on Wed May 18, 2011 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA?   Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA? EmptyWed May 18, 2011 4:13 pm

Yes. A lot actually.

I have failed equally with slot protectors as without them.

My general rule of thumb: <50% is Alpha. >50% is Omega.

But either way, it's probably just luck of the RNG for you.
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA?   Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA? EmptyWed May 18, 2011 5:00 pm

I've had tons of successes using only 1 omega, thing lasted through about 15 or tunes before I finally failed one.
Back to top Go down
LordShade
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
LordShade

Male Posts : 1236

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA?   Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA? EmptyWed May 18, 2011 10:47 pm

I have a higher success rate with alphas then omegas for some reason.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA?   Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA? EmptyWed May 18, 2011 11:04 pm

The game wants me to succeed on Alphas, as if saying "Yo could've done it without using a slot protector, now there's 30 Rt down the drain" and fail with Omegas, as if saying "What a retard you are for risking a slot protector when you know you couldn't make it, there's 60 Rt down the drain."
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA?   Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 6:42 am

Alpha's = disposable

Omega = semi-permanant

CS's way of asking you to use disposable stuff

CS = unenviromentally friendly
Back to top Go down
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
UncleBobbie

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA?   Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 6:58 am

CS's plot for more money has been discovered.

>:
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

Male Posts : 2859

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA?   Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 7:05 am

This is right.

I got a free alpha slot protector from level up campaign (5 ea) and used it and never failed to me.

Omega on the other hand, 2 out of 4 failed.
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA?   Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 10:48 am

FK CS.

wanted lily, melfi or elisalotte.

1x roll CAR get cyclops thingy.
1x roll SUPERMAN get CYCLOPS OSO.
FKING CRAP. RT GARA IS SUPPOSED TO BE CONFIRMED GOLD FOR SUPERMAN. GUESS CS BROKE IT.
Back to top Go down
Midona
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midona

Male Posts : 608

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA?   Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 11:06 am

Nah, I'm used to failed my slot protector alpha tune up. And the next try without any. Derp.
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA?   Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 11:40 am

I've failed three 90% tunes in a row using Omega Slot Protectors... Wanted to throw the server out the window.

Not my monitor, or my computer... I love them dearly... I wanted to reach through the internet, grab the CB server and throw it out of a very high window.

CS: Rigged shit everywhere.
Back to top Go down
IronFist
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
IronFist

Male Posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA?   Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:38 pm

slot protector "protect" the slot from breaking if tune up fail . . . it dont prevent tune up from fail so the chance it fail is the same as if u wasnt using, just that slot will not break with slot protector . . .

so, if it failed a lot when using slot protector u just was at a bad-luck-time when trying, its not the slot protector lowering your chances
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA?   Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 2:14 pm

failed 11 in a row with alpha. on 45% tuning.
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA?   Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 5:49 pm

IronFist wrote:
so, if it failed a lot when using slot protector u just was at a bad-luck-time when trying, its not the slot protector lowering your chances
Three tunes... 90% chance... In a row...

That's a .01% chance of happening. Or a one in ten thousand chance. Yeah, sure there's no rigging shenanigans there.
Back to top Go down
IronFist
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
IronFist

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA?   Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 6:01 pm

Feign wrote:
IronFist wrote:

That's a .01% chance of happening. Or a one in ten thousand chance. Yeah, sure there's no rigging shenanigans there.

VERY bad luck . . . still bad luck

1/10 x 1/10 x 1/10 = 1/1000 chance to fail 3 times, one after the other, yet it still very possible.
(still better than the gara gold rates and top gara gold rate I think that is like 1/1000000000 chance Rolling Eyes )
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA?   Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 6:11 pm

Feign wrote:
IronFist wrote:

Yep, life with the CS gang is great. You get to pilfer money from all these stupid players paying ridiculous rates, and you can laugh when you secretly view them raging mad, foaming at the mouth, and throwing their expensive comps off their 2-story homes as their 90% tunes fail 3 times in a row.

On a related note...
I've failed more with slot protectors than not. Maybe because I've NEVER bought slot protects or harmonics over 10%, but I wasted the three or so slot protect ALPHAs I got from the lvl-UP campaign on tuning my Laz's Combat Mag. Result? One broken slot, three failures. Ya know what? I used a simple 10% harmonics, no slot protects, and I ended up succeeding on a High Range Alpha tune(65% success). I failed Great Run Alpha(75% success...O_o...this is the one that broke the slot), another WLK tune(65-75% success...again) and something else I don't remember but definitely had 65-70% success rate.

So far with my experience with Slot Protects, they don't help me AT ALL. I've tuned about 10-15 times, give or take a couple, successfully ONLY using a 10% harmonics. With Slot Protect Alpha, I failed all three tunes with either the same or 10% higher rates of success.
The 20% harmonics I got from the lvl-up campaign also went to a tune that failed pathetically. Don't remember if it broke a slot or not, but I don't think it did.

tl;dr I learned that 10% harmonics > everything that RT can buy me for tunes.

@IronFist: Even if it's a probability on the order of one degree less, 1/1000 chance is very, VERY small.
And we're not taking into account whether or not the tunes are independent(whether the success or failure of one tune affects the chance of the next one).
And the chance of them happening consecutively? Almost IMPOSSIBLE. If CS is truly using a RNG to determine Tuning success or failure, that kind of crap wouldn't happen, although I can see how CS can manipulate the system to make it that rigged.

For example: Instead of making it so 10% of the entire table of numbers(random numbers generated to 2, 3, or more digits), make it so you have a tiny-ass sample(lets say 0-9) and make 10% of those digits equal failure. Then rig the tuning system so that if that digit appears ONCE in any random number generated by your machine, the tune fails.

EDIT: Also, tl;dr You can always count on getting at least one tune on most parts with slots, except for when your luck is shit and you fuck up a 1s part. I wouldn't count on any normal or High tunes past the first slot, and nothing is good to gamble on for the third slot.
I'd also not count on any tune that has less than a 60% success rate, and flat 60% is seriously pushing your luck.
Back to top Go down
RoboFranky
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
RoboFranky

Male Posts : 1312

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA?   Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 7:36 pm

It happens
its all up to luck
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA?   Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 9:15 pm

IronFist wrote:
Feign wrote:
IronFist wrote:

1/10 x 1/10 x 1/10 = 1/1000 chance to fail 3 times, one after the other, yet it still very possible.
(still better than the gara gold rates and top gara gold rate I think that is like 1/1000000000 chance Rolling Eyes )

Oh look do I see some belief in the law of small numbers?

Last part is a url.
Back to top Go down
IronFist
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
IronFist

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA?   Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 9:18 pm

knyx wrote:
IronFist wrote:
Feign wrote:

Oh look do I see some belief in the law of small numbers?

Last part is a url.
luck is luck and as it look like being controled by a random number at the server (what mean pure luck) that have nothing to do with 1s, 2s or 3s . . . u can screw 3 3s parts/weapons in a row, one after the other, even with 95% chance to tune up, and it still possible by math (1/20 x 1/20 x 1/20 x 1/20 x 1/20 x 1/20 x 1/20 x 1/20 x 1/20 = 0.000000000001953125, 1/512000000000, chance to fail . . . what, if happen, man, u better stay at home because a nuclear weapon will explode over your head just because u set foot out . . . now, considering its just a 1/20 fail chance, its not such a bad luck, just a series of bad luck)

and I believe in it . . . having bad luck with a job for 2 years now. Im 27 and 2 years without a job /facepalm Mad
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA?   Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 10:14 pm

IronFist wrote:
and I believe in it . . . having bad luck with a job for 2 years now. Im 27 and 2 years without a job /facepalm Mad
Ugh, I feel your pain (and after counting on my hands a few more times, I concluded that you're right with that probability earlier).

So if you will, try coming up with the chances that I had of getting seven Geograsis F-Types in a row... They're a gold ball result, which unless CS' people have been lying about the numbers in Garapon, should have the same chance of being a Geo as they do of being an Ah-Chan... Considering the number of rolls that have given an Aquilla Girl, what should be the chances in a non-rigged Garapon that I get seven of the same Gold Ball bot in a row?

I know the law of small numbers, but there's a point where you have to consider the numbers to be evidence rather than simply bad luck.

Of course, some would say that Geograsis F-Type is a good bot, but of the gold ball choices in Sugoi, I'm starting to think that random cosmic nullification event might not be so far off my bad luck scale... Neutral
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA?   Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 11:13 pm

No idea about all these probability laws, but it's just as likely that this all was a big coincidence.

This much rolling from everyone and comparing only results that stood out to us is obviously gonna distort both perceptions and recorded statistics. It feels so heavily rigged though but we have no way to prove that it's a random seed RNG kind of generator or just some ridiculously heavy weighted things with people being darn (un)lucky.

So to save myself a headache, I'ma just say everything in this damn game is random, and anything awesome or shitty happening together at once is all a big coincidence.

Just like any other regular day IRL.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Male Posts : 1054

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA?   Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 11:28 pm

Rinrin wrote:
FK CS.

FKING CRAP. RT GARA IS SUPPOSED TO BE CONFIRMED GOLD FOR SUPERMAN. GUESS CS BROKE IT.
Wait, wait, wait, wait... what? Do you flip a bitch at everything that moves?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/gambling

Last time I checked that's all speculation and CS never confirmed anything and no one has done broken into the server to find out. I've gotten a tuneup ball on Superman.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kito.winterwing.com
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA?   Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA? EmptyFri May 20, 2011 12:08 am

Kitouski wrote:
Wait, wait, wait, wait... You could understand that pile of what I can only assume was acronyms of some kind?

I mean, I can kind of get the general idea of the post being him flipping out incoherently, but you seem to be acting as if he's forming sentances of information and things.

Care to translate? Neutral

This is what we call "ballbusting", I know he's using txtspeak, and it's mostly decypherable, but still, horrid form, even for blindly raging.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA?   Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA? EmptyFri May 20, 2011 2:59 pm

Kitouski wrote:
Rinrin wrote:
FK CS.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/gambling

Last time I checked that's all speculation and CS never confirmed anything and no one has done broken into the server to find out. I've gotten a tuneup ball on Superman.
^This.
Case in point: UC Gara 5x roll.
Superfly.
4x Blue balls + 1x Grandum BS 3s.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA?   Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA? Empty

Back to top Go down

Has anyone ever failed a tune with a Slot Protector ALPHA?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next