Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

I ended up with a three slot Helingal how best to tune him?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Havok
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Havok

Male Posts : 150

I ended up with a three slot Helingal how best to tune him? Empty
PostSubject: I ended up with a three slot Helingal how best to tune him?   I ended up with a three slot Helingal how best to tune him? EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 2:35 pm

Via lotto cubes I got a three slotted Helingal, aside for 40 fly how should I tune him?

Maybe speed/range on his missiles, or would a lot of Tec work out better?

Also what carts would you suggest?

So far the carts I am thinking are

Cost Capacity x 6
Quick Boost
Float Dash
Stealth System
Broad Radar
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: I ended up with a three slot Helingal how best to tune him?   I ended up with a three slot Helingal how best to tune him? EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 2:53 pm

Same as every other air. 40 fly, then tec. Force for sure on the arms, maybe Shooter/High Shooter?
Back to top Go down
Havok
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Havok

Male Posts : 150

PostSubject: Re: I ended up with a three slot Helingal how best to tune him?   I ended up with a three slot Helingal how best to tune him? EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 3:00 pm

His missiles sometimes seem a tad slow, so I was thinking speed for easier hits. Also I heard tec increases homing of weapons, is this true or a rumor?

Btw Suguri, very appreciated how you are normally the one to answer most of my newbie questions. Smile
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: I ended up with a three slot Helingal how best to tune him?   I ended up with a three slot Helingal how best to tune him? EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 3:05 pm

@Havok wrote:
His missiles sometimes seem a tad slow, so I was thinking speed for easier hits.
Might not be a bad idea. Shooter/High Shooter tunes increase both range and speed without lowering other stats, only problem is it's a tad expensive (20 cost for Shooter, 45 for High Shooter). That'd be two birds with one stone, though. If you don't have the cost to deal with that, I'd put Force + Great Rapid Beta + Great Rapid Beta on them.

@Havok wrote:
Also I heard tec increases homing of weapons, is this true or a rumor?
Untrue. Homing varies between weapon and whether the target is grounded or flying (missiles home in better on airborne targets; pulse missiles home in on grounded targets), tec only influences damage.

@Havok wrote:

Btw Suguri, very appreciated how you are normally the one to answer most of my newbie questions. Smile
It's what I'm here for. I ended up with a three slot Helingal how best to tune him? 2namj3r
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: I ended up with a three slot Helingal how best to tune him?   I ended up with a three slot Helingal how best to tune him? EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 3:09 pm

@Suguri wrote:

@Havok wrote:
Untrue. Homing varies between weapon and whether the target is grounded or flying (missiles home in better on airborne targets; pulse missiles home in on grounded targets), tec only influences damage.

The source of this rumor is from the true fact that TEC improves your aim/reduces randomness in shots.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: I ended up with a three slot Helingal how best to tune him?   I ended up with a three slot Helingal how best to tune him? EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 3:10 pm

@knyx wrote:
@Suguri wrote:

@Havok wrote:

The source of this rumor is from the true fact that TEC improves your aim/reduces randomness in shots.
This one I haven't confirmed yet. I'll go check it in-game with a plasma gun right now on a 40 tec air and a 1 tec air.

EDIT: I saw zero difference in spread between the two, pretty sure tec only affects damage.
Back to top Go down
Dune
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Dune

Male Posts : 1071

PostSubject: Re: I ended up with a three slot Helingal how best to tune him?   I ended up with a three slot Helingal how best to tune him? EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 6:32 pm

For the missile arms id definately put great rapid on em... on my main (and only one thats tuned..) 1s heli i have a high rapid on both arms (yeah was too broke at the time tuneup part wise to bother with greats...) and noticed a huge difference in the pulse missiles he shoots.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: I ended up with a three slot Helingal how best to tune him?   I ended up with a three slot Helingal how best to tune him? EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 7:48 pm

@Suguri wrote:
@knyx wrote:
@Suguri wrote:

This one I haven't confirmed yet. I'll go check it in-game with a plasma gun right now on a 40 tec air and a 1 tec air.

EDIT: I saw zero difference in spread between the two, pretty sure tec only affects damage.

I saw a difference between my crim and my DG, though it could be pure differences between weapons, since I found handguns/magnums are much less accurate than rifles and railguns, which I find to almost always pass through the central point of the crosshairs.
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: I ended up with a three slot Helingal how best to tune him?   I ended up with a three slot Helingal how best to tune him? EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 8:48 pm

The biggest factor for accuracy is your movement speed actually. All weapons become more inaccurate the faster you move. The severity depends on weapon type, and movement speed. For this reason how much fly/wlk you actually need isn't always as high as possible.

For my Helingal I tuned fly, then did great rapid on the guns.

If I had a 3 slot one, fly, then just pimp out the guns. Maybe a little str because I like rotor tackle.
Back to top Go down
Moritsuna
Moritsuna

PostSubject: Re: I ended up with a three slot Helingal how best to tune him?   I ended up with a three slot Helingal how best to tune him? EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 11:19 pm

EDIT: Wrong post
Back to top Go down
Riverlia

PostSubject: Re: I ended up with a three slot Helingal how best to tune him?   I ended up with a three slot Helingal how best to tune him? EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 12:19 am

tech does seem to increase to auto-correction when you shoot away from the locked on target. At least that's what I felt when messing with tech. Some said 0 tec disable auto-correction altogether, but I haven't tried that.
The bullet trajectory/spread fire stay the same (MM AM still has a never-changing straight trajectory even at 1 tec, and MMT AM always fire all over the place, even with 40 tec)
Quote :
The biggest factor for accuracy is your movement speed actually. All weapons become more inaccurate the faster you move. The severity depends on weapon type, and movement speed. For this reason how much fly/wlk you actually need isn't always as high as possible.
Suspect

For Lnd bot, if you aim manually instead of relying on auto correction, and take into account how the bullet will curve when strafing left/right, it's possible to maintain fairly good accuracy when moving at high speed.

And for non-tanking Lnd bot, you do need your speed to be as high as possible, because missing a few shot and live to shoot more > get in a few more hit and die.

Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: I ended up with a three slot Helingal how best to tune him?   I ended up with a three slot Helingal how best to tune him? EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 12:55 am

@Riverlia wrote:
tech does seem to increase to auto-correction when you shoot away from the locked on target. At least that's what I felt when messing with tech. Some said 0 tec disable auto-correction altogether, but I haven't tried that.
The bullet trajectory/spread fire stay the same (MM AM still has a never-changing straight trajectory even at 1 tec, and MMT AM always fire all over the place, even with 40 tec)
Quote :
Suspect

For Lnd bot, if you aim manually instead of relying on auto correction, and take into account how the bullet will curve when strafing left/right, it's possible to maintain fairly good accuracy when moving at high speed.

And for non-tanking Lnd bot, you do need your speed to be as high as possible, because missing a few shot and live to shoot more > get in a few more hit and die.

Take a motorized gun, fire it while standing still, then use it on the run. You'll get a straight line while still, and a wild spray while running. This holds true with most weapons, with varying severity based on weapon type. Some weapons are not as strongly effected, such as magnums, some not at all, like accelguns, and others it could be considered irrelevant (such as bazookas). The point is, this isn't a deal with auto correction, or even your aim, it is just a fundamental weapon property that will occur. This is why machine-guns and vulcans are better suited for defense, were a bot isn't moving so much to cause a lot of spray.

As for how much speed you need, that varies on a case by case basis of what your doing with the bot.
Back to top Go down
Riverlia

PostSubject: Re: I ended up with a three slot Helingal how best to tune him?   I ended up with a three slot Helingal how best to tune him? EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 1:10 am

Quote :

Take a motorized gun, fire it while standing still, then use it on the run. You'll get a straight line while still, and a wild spray while running. This holds true with most weapons, with varying severity based on weapon type. Some weapons are not as strongly effected, such as magnums, some not at all, like accelguns, and others it could be considered irrelevant (such as bazookas). The point is, this isn't a deal with auto correction, or even your aim, it is just a fundamental weapon property that will occur. This is why machine-guns and vulcans are better suited for defense, were a bot isn't moving so much to cause a lot of spray.
A normally straight-flying round won't fly straight when shot by a strafing bot, that much is obvious. No body said otherwise.
However, the distortion to the shot can be predicted and reduced by manual aiming and choosing the right direction to strafe.

MG and Vulcan are designed to be bullet sprayer, and you are going to waste the ammo regardless, because even if you don't move, the enemy will. Actually it's better if you can tail the enemy and unleash the barrage point-blank instead of standing in one place shooting.

Quote :
As for how much speed you need, that varies on a case by case basis of what your doing with the bot.
name a few case of non-tanking Lnd bot who won't need as much speed as it can get.
Even hopper want high fly-walk and need a good Wlk to get to the frontline or retreat faster
Even for tank bot like MB, the reason they don't get high Wlk is they have no capa/slot left after maxing the more important stats.

Back to top Go down
Sokkenai
Sokkenai

PostSubject: Re: I ended up with a three slot Helingal how best to tune him?   I ended up with a three slot Helingal how best to tune him? EmptySun May 01, 2011 4:55 pm

Riverlia, I don't mean to offend you in any ways but... I don't understand the point your trying to make. All Intet said was that the biggest factor regarding the aiming and auto correction of projectiles is the movement speed of the particular individual shooting the projectile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I ended up with a three slot Helingal how best to tune him?   I ended up with a three slot Helingal how best to tune him? Empty

Back to top Go down

I ended up with a three slot Helingal how best to tune him?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Archives :: Cosmic Break :: Guides-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com