Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dual Plasma Crimrose Bad?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Strill

Dual Plasma Crimrose Bad? Empty
PostSubject: Dual Plasma Crimrose Bad?   Dual Plasma Crimrose Bad? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 1:13 am

I had someone come up to me asking me why I had two Plasma Guns on my Crimrose. I told him it's because I already run out of ammo as it is and that using a different weapon would make things much worse. I also mentioned that I alpha strike fairly often as well. He acted as though I was speaking in moon runes and told me I shouldn't be alpha striking, and should use a mini-bazooka in place of one of the plasma guns. Why is this? I mean, half of the games I play I don't die at all so the cost isn't that big of an issue, and I find people who go tunnel vision so often that alpha striking is no problem. I usually make the top 5 as well. Is this just working because I'm in the <3.0 BR bracket?
Back to top Go down
NumeroDoS
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NumeroDoS

Male Posts : 705

PostSubject: Re: Dual Plasma Crimrose Bad?   Dual Plasma Crimrose Bad? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 1:23 am

Probably because of < 3.0 BR rooms. Metagame/Difficulty drastically changes in higher level rooms.

Some reasons on why dual Plasma Guns are questionable:

- Plasma guns are already high cost enough and you have double that cost. Some people prefer to use Limited Plasma Gun or, like myself, tuned Wide Beam Guns to save cost for tuning/carts.

- In some rooms, you get into 1v1 AIR fights. Chances are, your enemy has a Mini Zook and Beam Guard, effectively spelling your doom should you decide to stay and fight.

However, if you're still comfortable with your current setup, by all means, keep at it.
Back to top Go down
Z741
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Z741

Male Posts : 739

PostSubject: Re: Dual Plasma Crimrose Bad?   Dual Plasma Crimrose Bad? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 1:52 am

Alpha striking with dual beam weapons works WONDERFULLY if you're sticking to exterminating offensive LNDs who rush your team's base. That used to be my role back in the heyday...

But yeah, what NumeroDoS said. Regular Crims tend to have low maximum HP, and the recent wave of good-tier ARTs in the upper ranked rooms will toast that Crim of yours should they land their missiles. If you want to move up in gameplay, I'd suggest going for a Seraph Crimrose [long term, costs 175k UC for Limit Removes and the promotion item], or look into an Izuna Kamui Nagi [short term, costs only 16k in shop] and practice AIR tactics.

In addition, switch to Limited Plasma Guns if you're lucky enough to get them in the future. They cost less but still maintain comparable performance to the regular Plasma Guns.

Back to top Go down
Strill

PostSubject: Re: Dual Plasma Crimrose Bad?   Dual Plasma Crimrose Bad? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 1:55 am

Z741 wrote:
Alpha striking with dual beam weapons works WONDERFULLY if you're sticking to exterminating offensive LNDs who rush your team's base. That used to be my role back in the heyday...

But yeah, what NumeroDoS said. Regular Crims tend to have low maximum HP, and the recent wave of good-tier ARTs in the upper ranked rooms will toast that Crim of yours should they land their missiles. If you want to move up in gameplay, I'd suggest going for a Seraph Crimrose [long term, costs 175k UC for Limit Removes and the promotion item], or look into an Izuna Kamui Nagi [short term, costs only 16k in shop] and practice AIR tactics.

In addition, switch to Limited Plasma Guns if you're lucky enough to get them in the future. They cost less but still maintain comparable performance to the regular Plasma Guns.

Ya, I've already got the Seraph promotion and limit removers. I'm just leveling up right now. Thanks for the feedback.

Oh ya and I'm gonna try a pair of wide beam guns. Perhaps the improved accuracy and more ammo is worth the -33% damage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dual Plasma Crimrose Bad?   Dual Plasma Crimrose Bad? Empty

Back to top Go down

Dual Plasma Crimrose Bad?
Page 1 of 1