Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides



 
HomeSearchRegisterLog in

 

 I need some help

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



I need some help Empty
PostSubject: I need some help   I need some help EmptySat May 07, 2011 8:54 am

NOTE - THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR YOU TO CRITICIZE ME FOR HOW I SUCK. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

I need some urgent help, I've been trying to avoid gun fire and missiles as much as possible. Ultimately I get 50 to 90 damage hits from a fat art and within seconds I'd die. Any Ideas how I should go about it?
My br recently dropped from 4.6 to 4.3 in just three days, so something's wrong here.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Upside-down poster
Hyoka

Posts : 4996
Join date : 2010-06-18
Age : 22

I need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need some help   I need some help EmptySat May 07, 2011 9:25 am

How much FLY do you have?

Also, try zig-zagging or dropping the spacebar for a second.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



I need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need some help   I need some help EmptySat May 07, 2011 9:31 am

30 fly
Back to top Go down
SkyPanic
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SkyPanic

Male Posts : 775
Join date : 2011-02-09

I need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need some help   I need some help EmptySat May 07, 2011 9:31 am

LXE wrote:
NOTE - THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR YOU TO CRITICIZE ME FOR HOW I SUCK. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

I need some urgent help, I've been trying to avoid gun fire and missiles as much as possible. Ultimately I get 50 to 90 damage hits from a fat art and within seconds I'd die. Any Ideas how I should go about it?
My br recently dropped from 4.6 to 4.3 in just three days, so something's wrong here.

never face an experience fat art player if you can't stun lock them
because you re an AIR, most of fat art often equip with strong bazooka, the bullet is extremely big and it's damage can kill you in few hits
btw they can stun you even in ONE hit because most of S AIR bot re low TGH and stun lock you if you fall

and about Br i think it's easy to up to 6.5 but from 7.0 to higher it's hard if you don't ve skill and good bot
but is Br that important to you ?
my Br always down when i tried some weird bot lol!
Back to top Go down
ziix
FOOOOOOOOO~
ziix

Posts : 3459
Join date : 2011-01-30
Age : 26

I need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need some help   I need some help EmptySat May 07, 2011 9:45 am

I'm a fat art, and I THINK I've done some damage to you with my ballistic launcher.


Go find a nice high spot near your enemy ART (a place where the missiles are blocked) and go there.

Reach max altitude, and go towards the enemy ART.

Shoot when you're in shooting range. Also, while shooting, don't fly in a single direction. Keep moving (change strafing directions) so that the ART will have a harder time aiming. Also, focus a bit more on evading shots rather than getting your own shots to hit (so hold down on your left mouse button and focus on those missiles)

When you have a little less than half of your boost gauge left, retreat and go back to the high spot near the enemy ART.

Keep doing this until you've killed it, run out of ammo or are low on HP.


Also, don't rush in when there's a shitton of ARTs, unless you got high DPS weapons(gaybird arms) and are feeling confident.

*edit* GET 40 FLY (or 38). You'll have a much easier time evading.
Back to top Go down
NumeroDoS
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NumeroDoS

Male Posts : 705
Join date : 2010-12-29
Age : 28

I need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need some help   I need some help EmptySat May 07, 2011 10:38 am

If you're still playing with that Kamui Staff of yours, I'd tell you to drop it.

Otherwise, you can use Air Loop.
Back to top Go down
RoboFranky
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
RoboFranky

Male Posts : 1312
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 29
Location : Malaysia

I need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need some help   I need some help EmptySat May 07, 2011 10:52 am

Increase ur FLY to 35+
get a DBMG (tune Range)
use a slayer bit
Can u change ur BS? If can, use Brickgale BLUE BS for missile dodging
Circle around the fat ARTs head while firin ur DBMG and take ur slayer bit out
My Seraph has killed a lot of Toybox gals with this recently

<<< off to kill more back packing lolis
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152
Join date : 2010-12-29
Age : 24

I need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need some help   I need some help EmptySat May 07, 2011 11:05 am

Firstly,you need more fly.

2nd,it's really situational,depending on your target,some are easy to dodge the others are slightly harder


Here's some protips:


#1 Hovering : Let go of your spacebar and let the shell fly right over your head (or infront of you if it's a Saggitary)
it's shot interval is extremely predictable so there shouldn't be too much of a problem

#2 Flipping : Airoll lol.

#3 Predicting : When returning to base,you can occasionally change directions abit,dodging bazooka's and missles

#4 Detonating : shoot the missle before it hits you,can't be done with beam weapons.

Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/nisae/
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708
Join date : 2011-03-08
Location : Blowing FC Seraph out of my airspace

I need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need some help   I need some help EmptySat May 07, 2011 1:45 pm

@Nisa wrote:
Firstly,you need more fly.

2nd,it's really situational,depending on your target,some are easy to dodge the others are slightly harder


Here's some protips:


#1 Hovering : Let go of your spacebar and let the shell fly right over your head (or infront of you if it's a Saggitary)
it's shot interval is extremely predictable so there shouldn't be too much of a problem

#2 Flipping : Airoll lol.

#3 Predicting : When returning to base,you can occasionally change directions abit,dodging bazooka's and missles

#4 Detonating : shoot the missle before it hits you,can't be done with beam weapons.


Flipping is RT only, and not permanent, so I wouldn't rely on this tactic.

I would fly in a swaying pattern(sway back and forth while retreating) that changes every so often(switch sway direction, etc.) to screw with your enemy's fire. Works better with more WLK/FLY, 30 is pretty good for this.

Detonation works much better with larger projectiles. Trying to detonate a missile with a Mini Bazooka is difficult due to the small size of the projectile. Using a Large or Handy Bazooka makes detonation much easier(the bazooka projectile is much larger, more surface area to catch incoming missiles).
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765
Join date : 2011-01-07
Age : 22
Location : Japan

I need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need some help   I need some help EmptySat May 07, 2011 1:50 pm

LXE wrote:
30 fly
Get another 8, at least. I can get top 10 easily with 40 fly bots, but with 30 fly I constantly find myself unable to avoid certain missiles. And being potentially slower than other airs screws you over in air-to-air fights.
Back to top Go down
Priskern
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Priskern

Male Posts : 1142
Join date : 2011-02-13
Age : 35
Location : 大丈夫だ 問題ない 囧

I need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need some help   I need some help EmptySat May 07, 2011 2:08 pm

@FireKiller87 wrote:


Flipping is RT only, and not permanent, so I wouldn't rely on this tactic.

I would fly in a swaying pattern(sway back and forth while retreating) that changes every so often(switch sway direction, etc.) to screw with your enemy's fire. Works better with more WLK/FLY, 30 is pretty good for this.

Detonation works much better with larger projectiles. Trying to detonate a missile with a Mini Bazooka is difficult due to the small size of the projectile. Using a Large or Handy Bazooka makes detonation much easier(the bazooka projectile is much larger, more surface area to catch incoming missiles).

Problem is mecha jetter girl is unable to equip those. And point of shooting missile down are normally desperate/lucky attempt so I say this move shouldn't even be considered at all. And yep, priorize fly and stick with plasma/limited plasma for UC or those auto beam rifle on RT. One more thing also, stop retreating to the SAME LOCATION everytime you fly back for boost regain, you gonna get caught sooner or later.
And of course if you really can't dodge missiles/railgun from fatarts, stick behind with teammates and engage with them off whatever is coming or lone lnd as they normally don't aim for airs on backline. (Unless enemy arts are pushing the battle line, which by this time the match is already gone out of hand unless yourside got team coordination to ambush back). Remember, by not dying = gainning scores.
Back to top Go down
Z741
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Z741

Male Posts : 739
Join date : 2010-12-29
Age : 31

I need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need some help   I need some help EmptySat May 07, 2011 2:09 pm

Get as much high altitude as you can, and look for targets to pick off. Ideally an ABR-range weapon would work, but the regular Beam Rifle should be sufficient as well. Slayer Bits come in handy for ambushing enemy ARTs and stun most of the time in dogfights.

Another point of consideration is to NEVER fly straight when you're being pursued. It's the equivalent of putting a giant "FRAG ME" sign on your back.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152
Join date : 2010-12-29
Age : 24

I need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need some help   I need some help EmptySat May 07, 2011 2:34 pm

@FireKiller87 wrote:
@Nisa wrote:
Firstly,you need more fly.

2nd,it's really situational,depending on your target,some are easy to dodge the others are slightly harder


Here's some protips:


#1 Hovering : Let go of your spacebar and let the shell fly right over your head (or infront of you if it's a Saggitary)
it's shot interval is extremely predictable so there shouldn't be too much of a problem

#2 Flipping : Airoll lol.

#3 Predicting : When returning to base,you can occasionally change directions abit,dodging bazooka's and missles

#4 Detonating : shoot the missle before it hits you,can't be done with beam weapons.


Flipping is RT only, and not permanent, so I wouldn't rely on this tactic.

I would fly in a swaying pattern(sway back and forth while retreating) that changes every so often(switch sway direction, etc.) to screw with your enemy's fire. Works better with more WLK/FLY, 30 is pretty good for this.

Detonation works much better with larger projectiles. Trying to detonate a missile with a Mini Bazooka is difficult due to the small size of the projectile. Using a Large or Handy Bazooka makes detonation much easier(the bazooka projectile is much larger, more surface area to catch incoming missiles).

Try putting a handy/large bazooka on an air.

Well I've trained myself to detonates missles like Destructor Girls AA missles with Rifles,so using a baz to deto is rather easy.

But it's not all that viable since not all projectiles can be detonated (bazooka/certain types of missles anyone?)

or your accuracy can go off etc etc
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/nisae/
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

Male Posts : 268
Join date : 2011-03-11

I need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need some help   I need some help EmptySat May 07, 2011 3:27 pm

35+ FLY minimum, approach from blind spots. If you fly at a fully decked out Destructor CN from in front, you're just asking to be swatted down. Either abuse high map ceilings or come from the sides/back. Homing missiles can be dodged by flying sideways, then forwards when it's about to hit you. This works with lower FLY stats as well, but if they have a 'zooka you'll probably get hit in the face.

Try not to take off from the same level as the ART. You want to be about two AIR jump ceilings above the enemy to mess with the aiming. Flying higher also allows you to fly closer (horizontally) to the enemy lines, as the distance is longer than at a lower altitude. If you can fly directly over the ART without being shot by its allies or running out of boost, do so. You can circle faster than they can turn most of the time, and it's hard to keep a lock on you.

When engaging ARTs, you want to aim for the big ones separated from the groups. If you have an Xmas MJG, you can equip Brickgale BS onto it. Fly overhead, STOVL downwards behind it, melee lock it. Make sure the target is on its own! Any melee on an AIR unit that doesn't move you around really fast (Frau, Suzeku BS, etc) should be avoided in groups.

IMO, the biggest advantages you have in AIRvART are camera and range control. Far easier to keep the enemy in your sights when you are above them. Range control in that you can move much faster than most L ART. Another advantage is shot interval. Most ART weapons have predictable shots, railguns being an obvious one. Use any "dash" type movement to dodge it. RT airdodge carts, certain melee, cutting off your booster to drop, even just reversing direction if you think they're gonna lead the next shot.

If you want to make it easy, just get 40 FLY and learn to dodge railguns.
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster


Posts : 825
Join date : 2010-10-02

I need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need some help   I need some help EmptySat May 07, 2011 6:14 pm

I can do fine on my 28 fly helingal, and a 31 fly air raider....weapon load out makes a BIG difference in how much fly you need. That said for general purpose bots I would shoot for 35+
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765
Join date : 2011-01-07
Age : 22
Location : Japan

I need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need some help   I need some help EmptySat May 07, 2011 6:16 pm

@Intet wrote:
I can do fine on my 28 fly helingal, and a 31 fly air raider....weapon load out makes a BIG difference in how much fly you need. That said for general purpose bots I would shoot for 35+
This is true, with something like a Psycho Cluster that can bomb things with subweps and homing weapons from ~350 range, you can get away with less fly and still be effective.
Back to top Go down
Priskern
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Priskern

Male Posts : 1142
Join date : 2011-02-13
Age : 35
Location : 大丈夫だ 問題ない 囧

I need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need some help   I need some help EmptySat May 07, 2011 6:35 pm

@Suguri wrote:
@Intet wrote:
I can do fine on my 28 fly helingal, and a 31 fly air raider....weapon load out makes a BIG difference in how much fly you need. That said for general purpose bots I would shoot for 35+
This is true, with something like a Psycho Cluster that can bomb things with subweps and homing weapons from ~350 range, you can get away with less fly and still be effective.

Basically...You can do anything you like, but don't get hit Razz You should be safe from most missile harm shooting from 300+ range. Well, missile still can track to you over 300 but you should be able to see them clearly and dodge it by this range *_*....Your most concern will be railgun type fast and hard hitting shots. But normally this kind of playstyle don't net you much damage scores and easily countered by hoppers aiming for you though :/
Just get used to whatever you think you can do best at and pick lone target or go with teammates (don't, I repeat, DON'T follow someone whom known to be suicidal or go suicidal built), play a normal standard air that shoots, don't try risking melee unless you know you are safe to get away from it.
You are NOT seraph/aquila girl/shaden, you can't do whatever they can unless you are using propallant bits but that's missing out the useful slayer bit. Pot shots are your best point rakers and of course, try to survive, you normally get into top 10 without dying by just earn around + -1.5k score unelss you are in high br room which filled with star rank players (especially suicidal but still effective built are known to rake high score) either that or don't even bother about br at all just play and have fun XD.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



I need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need some help   I need some help EmptySat May 07, 2011 6:58 pm

@NumeroDoS wrote:
If you're still playing with that Kamui Staff of yours, I'd tell you to drop it.
Can't, its so addicting swinging this big ass sword of total awesomeness around.

@RoboFranky wrote:
Increase ur FLY to 35+
get a DBMG (tune Range)
use a slayer bit
Can u change ur BS? If can, use Brickgale BLUE BS for missile dodging
Circle around the fat ARTs head while firin ur DBMG and take ur slayer bit out
My Seraph has killed a lot of Toybox gals with this recently

<<< off to kill more back packing lolis
I'll try tuning DBMG, and I can't change BS because I don't have the santa costume. These TBGs really screw up my Air melee routines.

@Iseal wrote:
If you want to make it easy, just get 40 FLY and learn to dodge railguns.
I get killed by Bazookas, Railguns, and those orange spike balls shot from an Amateus a lot. Tell me how do I dodge them?

@Suguri wrote:
LXE wrote:
30 fly
Get another 8, at least. I can get top 10 easily with 40 fly bots, but with 30 fly I constantly find myself unable to avoid certain missiles. And being potentially slower than other airs screws you over in air-to-air fights.
What's the difference between 38 and 40 fly? I don't notice any speed changes if I drop from 40 to 38.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

Posts : 3028
Join date : 2010-07-11
Age : 908

I need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need some help   I need some help EmptySat May 07, 2011 7:20 pm

LXE wrote:

@Iseal wrote:
If you want to make it easy, just get 40 FLY and learn to dodge railguns.
I get killed by Bazookas, Railguns, and those orange spike balls shot from an Amateus a lot. Tell me how do I dodge them?

Stop flying in a straight line. The only reason I lose out against other airs is that my bee has a pitiful 18 FLY. Though I managed to gather 1500 damage and 3 kills with 1 bee.

Brb while I tune him to 40 fly like Sugusugu.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765
Join date : 2011-01-07
Age : 22
Location : Japan

I need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need some help   I need some help EmptySat May 07, 2011 7:36 pm

LXE wrote:

@Suguri wrote:
LXE wrote:
30 fly
Get another 8, at least. I can get top 10 easily with 40 fly bots, but with 30 fly I constantly find myself unable to avoid certain missiles. And being potentially slower than other airs screws you over in air-to-air fights.
What's the difference between 38 and 40 fly? I don't notice any speed changes if I drop from 40 to 38.
Very minor. Apparently if you have a 38 fly and a 40 fly bot fly from the same spot straight ahead and compare where they land, the difference is about a froglander in length.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
God Poster
God Poster
boytitan2

Male Posts : 8639
Join date : 2010-12-23
Age : 28
Location : Buffalo NewYork

I need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need some help   I need some help EmptySat May 07, 2011 7:39 pm

thye best way to avoid a bot and figure out to use it is to use that bot type every bot build except eve has a major exploitible flaw and weakness except eve cause she a total fag
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765
Join date : 2011-01-07
Age : 22
Location : Japan

I need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need some help   I need some help EmptySat May 07, 2011 7:50 pm

@boytitan2 wrote:
thye best way to avoid a bot and figure out to use it is to use that bot type every bot build except eve has a major exploitible flaw and weakness except eve cause she a total fag
Railgun shots have large int and are predictable if you count the time between shots.

Sway has invincibility frames.

Replace Sway with Air Loop if playing air.

That strategy stops working if the EVE uses psyguns, but I've only seen two EVEs in EN smart enough to do that. Or maybe it was the same EVE twice, I don't pay attention to names often.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

Posts : 3028
Join date : 2010-07-11
Age : 908

I need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need some help   I need some help EmptySat May 07, 2011 8:20 pm

@Suguri wrote:
@boytitan2 wrote:
thye best way to avoid a bot and figure out to use it is to use that bot type every bot build except eve has a major exploitible flaw and weakness except eve cause she a total fag
Railgun shots have large int and are predictable if you count the time between shots.

Sway has invincibility frames.

Replace Sway with Air Loop if playing air.

That strategy stops working if the EVE uses psyguns, but I've only seen two EVEs in EN smart enough to do that. Or maybe it was the same EVE twice, I don't pay attention to names often.

Her psyguns have hax homing for a certain "sweet spot" range, and really derp for any other range (either too close or too far), it takes some skills to use properly.

Also on the topic of AIR bots, should I get quick jump to compensate for my Beezle's 0 WLK?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765
Join date : 2011-01-07
Age : 22
Location : Japan

I need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need some help   I need some help EmptySat May 07, 2011 8:34 pm

@knyx wrote:
@Suguri wrote:
@boytitan2 wrote:
thye best way to avoid a bot and figure out to use it is to use that bot type every bot build except eve has a major exploitible flaw and weakness except eve cause she a total fag
Railgun shots have large int and are predictable if you count the time between shots.

Sway has invincibility frames.

Replace Sway with Air Loop if playing air.

That strategy stops working if the EVE uses psyguns, but I've only seen two EVEs in EN smart enough to do that. Or maybe it was the same EVE twice, I don't pay attention to names often.

Her psyguns have hax homing for a certain "sweet spot" range, and really derp for any other range (either too close or too far), it takes some skills to use properly.

Also on the topic of AIR bots, should I get quick jump to compensate for my Beezle's 0 WLK?
0 wlk overrides quick jump. Your only option for quick altitude with that is Brickgale BS.
Back to top Go down
SkyPanic
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SkyPanic

Male Posts : 775
Join date : 2011-02-09

I need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need some help   I need some help EmptySat May 07, 2011 10:43 pm

30 FLY is too slow nowadays

i got an 40 FLY and 35 FLY seraph with higher TEC but i'm rl feel slow when i play the 35 FLY one
i think i ll remove some tec tune to add it to 40 FLY pale

btw LXE
if you want to meele with air units never use anything than frau LG
but you re using MJG so ... nvm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




I need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need some help   I need some help Empty

Back to top Go down
 
I need some help
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Archives :: Cosmic Break :: Guides-
Jump to:  




Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com