Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This games feels more stale the more I play it.

Go down 
+15
xzpwnz
StickyKeys
Valkyrie
necrodrakath
NovaZero
Raven
IronFist
Hyoka
SJunior
RoboFranky
falcon1
NumeroDoS
Keith Jardine
ziix
LazerRazer
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LazerRazer
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
LazerRazer

Female Posts : 455

This games feels more stale the more I play it. Empty
PostSubject: This games feels more stale the more I play it.   This games feels more stale the more I play it. EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 8:54 am

I can't help but to feel that "I can't play what I want to play, because there's always a better choice"

When was the last time you saw a Marill, more so one that performed better than a TBG?

L LNDs getting kitted by S airs that can fly for a too long time. And what's the deal with my byne getting stunned by 2 shots when he have over 25TGHs from a Crimrose?

and 400 BP hoppers that can kite an entire team (exaggeration) due to the hopping and small size, performing much greater than expensive, larger sized bots.

I dunno, sometimes it feels that I just want to make a commando of 3xBeezles, get them to 40 FLY or as close as possible and just buzz around everywhere.
I mean, what am I supposed to do when I always get feeling that. Whatever I have, everyone else have a much better version of (for example, meleeing with my squealer AMs feels incredibly subpar to a bynegirl who removed her armor or a vanguard)?

And overall AIR feels to be superior on generally all maps. Since they don't have to struggle with level of surface or the shape on it in the air.
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: This games feels more stale the more I play it.   This games feels more stale the more I play it. EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 9:01 am

When I suck in a match, I always tell myself "at least I didn't suck using an OP bot."

Then I go back in shooting OP bots with my crap bots. I don't always win, BUT WHEN I DO......
Back to top Go down
Keith Jardine
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Keith Jardine

Male Posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: This games feels more stale the more I play it.   This games feels more stale the more I play it. EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 9:05 am

Ride the evolution... that's what I do~

..and after that, things will go backwards, were the favorites will always be favorites.

..its hard but fun to get your bot @ lvl 10 y'know, esp. if the OP bots didn't exist before.

Last edited by Keith Jardine on Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NumeroDoS
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NumeroDoS

Male Posts : 705

PostSubject: Re: This games feels more stale the more I play it.   This games feels more stale the more I play it. EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 9:06 am

My Seraph just landed me 30th place in my last match. Q____Q

Then again, it WAS that pro shuffle room that always has dem pro people going at it with their OP twintailed bots.

Owellz~
Back to top Go down
falcon1
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
falcon1

Male Posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: This games feels more stale the more I play it.   This games feels more stale the more I play it. EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 9:14 am

dude, i know how you feel. like how people resort to cheap ass tactics when playing, how people abusing certain bot builds or the bots themselves.
it's like that feeling you get when you play against someone in a fighting game like say, Tekken, and that person keeps on using the same cheap 6 hit combo that starts with a low move and keeps doing it coz that's the only way they know how to play. you know what i mean? where's the enjoyment & satisfaction in that?

it also happens that i feel like CS dumps out players who played the game longer by issuing newer models of bots that outclass their predecessors in their respective divisions. is it always about the money? is it always about who has the better machine? why not implement a few balance tweaks? like upgrade some of the bots to give them back their old edge?

people might say that i'm just sour graping because of the fact that i'm as poor as a rat RT-wise. you cannot deny the fact that most, if not all, of the newer models surpass the old reliable ones. yes, people will say that you can always out play the newer players coz you have skill & experience. yes, you cannot deny that as well but it's just easier to do those things with the newer models.

Last edited by falcon1 on Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Keith Jardine
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Keith Jardine

Male Posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: This games feels more stale the more I play it.   This games feels more stale the more I play it. EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 9:21 am

falcon1 wrote:
dude, i know how you feel. like how people resort to cheap ass tactics when playing, how people abusing certain bot builds or the bots themselves.
it's like that feeling you get when you play against someone in a fighting game like say, Tekken, and that person keeps on using the same cheap 6 hit combo that starts with a low move and keeps doing it coz that's the only way they know how to play. you know what i mean? where's the enjoyment & satisfaction in that?

it also happens that i feel like CS dumps out players who played the game longer by issuing newer models of bots that outclass their predecessors in their respective divisions. is at always about the money? is it always about who has the better machine? why not implement a few balance tweaks? like upgrade some of the bots to give them back their old edge?

people might say that i'm just sour graping because of the fact that i'm as poor as a rat RT-wise. you cannot deny the fact that most, if not all, of the newer models surpass the old reliable ones. yes, people will say that you can always out play the newer players coz you have skill & experience. yes, you cannot deny that as well but it's just easier to do those things with the newer models.

^this
Back to top Go down
RoboFranky
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
RoboFranky

Male Posts : 1312

PostSubject: Re: This games feels more stale the more I play it.   This games feels more stale the more I play it. EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 9:23 am

rampaging with Byne doesn get old to me
last time I went into the Arena,
Pilebunkered a Gwayn in the air
HELL YEAH! Razz
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: This games feels more stale the more I play it.   This games feels more stale the more I play it. EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 9:27 am

RoboFranky wrote:
HELL YEAH! Razz

I prefer falcon punching because it's free.
Back to top Go down
RoboFranky
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
RoboFranky

PostSubject: Re: This games feels more stale the more I play it.   This games feels more stale the more I play it. EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 9:32 am

ziix wrote:
RoboFranky wrote:
HELL YEAH! Razz

now I REALY got the urge to use a 3 RS commando this weekend
Back to top Go down
falcon1
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
falcon1

PostSubject: Re: This games feels more stale the more I play it.   This games feels more stale the more I play it. EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 9:34 am

Keith Jardine wrote:
falcon1 wrote:

it also happens that i feel like CS dumps out players who played the game longer by issuing newer models of bots that outclass their predecessors in their respective divisions. is at always about the money? is it always about who has the better machine? why not implement a few balance tweaks? like upgrade some of the bots to give them back their old edge?

^this

GAH. thank you. glad to know i'm not alone in this sinking boat. Laughing
Back to top Go down
NumeroDoS
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NumeroDoS

PostSubject: Re: This games feels more stale the more I play it.   This games feels more stale the more I play it. EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 9:35 am

RoboFranky wrote:
ziix wrote:

My signature agrees with you. :]
Back to top Go down
SJunior
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SJunior

Male Posts : 129

PostSubject: Re: This games feels more stale the more I play it.   This games feels more stale the more I play it. EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 9:42 am

falcon1 wrote:

it also happens that i feel like CS dumps out players who played the game longer by issuing newer models of bots that outclass their predecessors in their respective divisions. is it always about the money? is it always about who has the better machine? why not implement a few balance tweaks? like upgrade some of the bots to give them back their old edge?

Agreed, With that quote, And the OP's thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: This games feels more stale the more I play it.   This games feels more stale the more I play it. EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 9:45 am

Simply start a revolution whereby every player who feels shafted farms 0 BR and grabs a screenshot of it.
Back to top Go down
RoboFranky
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
RoboFranky

PostSubject: Re: This games feels more stale the more I play it.   This games feels more stale the more I play it. EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 9:58 am

NumeroDoS wrote:
RoboFranky wrote:
ziix wrote:

My signature agrees with you. :]

nice colors xD
I used to use 3 of em inb4gotbyne
I used a gun on em tho
one of em had a Kamui for close range trolling

I kept them at lvl5 just to troll those lvl5 rooms xD

I'm guessing lvl5 rooms will not be empty now with lotsa arena spammers o.O
troll time Twisted Evil

@topic
try using different bots/builds. Theres gotta be sumting that works
I know. I always experiment with a few fails that cause me to be in last place
Then, I finally got the right combo and troll others to the max Wink
Back to top Go down
IronFist
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
IronFist

Male Posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: This games feels more stale the more I play it.   This games feels more stale the more I play it. EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 10:01 am

" This games feels more stale the more I play it."

thats because that are a lot of bots andlots of ways to play with each one of them, but when someone do good with a kind of bot and a way of playing, most players tend to copy it to do as good or better than him, but some players tend to try and find a way to counter it, be it with the same bot or with a completely different one, form other type and size, so, creating different build-ups and ways of playing against everything, making it more stale what, I have to say, is what keep the game good because if everyone was to use the same thing, then it would be boring.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: This games feels more stale the more I play it.   This games feels more stale the more I play it. EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 11:27 am

It's always good for a lol or two when you hurricane blow your own healing pit into the OTHER team's PS. Or just fire pillar them.

The reactions are always fun to watch. It's cool if you're Blazed Baron, 'cause you can act like you got hit by the fire pillar too. No one will ever know it was you...
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: This games feels more stale the more I play it.   This games feels more stale the more I play it. EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 11:43 am

I just take a break.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: This games feels more stale the more I play it.   This games feels more stale the more I play it. EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 11:44 am

NovaZero wrote:
I just take a break.

Cosmic BREAK!
Back to top Go down
necrodrakath
Game Hater
necrodrakath

Other / Decline to state Posts : 606

PostSubject: Re: This games feels more stale the more I play it.   This games feels more stale the more I play it. EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 12:07 pm

When i play, nobody can fly, contradict rockets spam spam spam everywhere!
Back to top Go down
IronFist
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
IronFist

PostSubject: Re: This games feels more stale the more I play it.   This games feels more stale the more I play it. EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 12:52 pm

Raven wrote:
It's always good for a lol or two when you hurricane blow your own healing pit into the OTHER team's PS. Or just fire pillar them.

The reactions are always fun to watch. It's cool if you're Blazed Baron, 'cause you can act like you got hit by the fire pillar too. No one will ever know it was you...

"It's always good for a lol or two when you hurricane blow your own healing pit into the OTHER team's PS. Or just fire pillar them."

so, it mean u`re such a noob that u cant sneak the enemy team and do that so u do it on your own team Question

oh, Im so embarassed that I do the same thing u do but I always do at the enemy team and not at my own team Embarassed

hail and cheers to u man cheers (if u think a good reaction is "DIE NOOB" or "why circles without one brain cell have to play at my team" just because u cant take better reaction from your teammates like "congratulations" or "good job" so . . . \o/ )
Back to top Go down
falcon1
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
falcon1

PostSubject: Re: This games feels more stale the more I play it.   This games feels more stale the more I play it. EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 12:57 pm

I smell smoke and soon there's gonna be some flaming. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie
Molcars Wearing Sunglasses
Molcars Wearing Sunglasses

Male Posts : 2457

PostSubject: Re: This games feels more stale the more I play it.   This games feels more stale the more I play it. EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 3:58 pm

Well it wouldn't hurt to nerf some bots, but it wouldn't be beneficiall to CB. I mean, the reason why most people tend to garatroll, is because they have set their eye on that bot that could make better players of them. (just try to explain why circles and triangles in DOS have discovered rt)
Back to top Go down
StickyKeys
Master Poster
Master Poster
StickyKeys

Male Posts : 2670

PostSubject: Re: This games feels more stale the more I play it.   This games feels more stale the more I play it. EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 8:01 pm

When the air gets stagnant that is a sigh that change is necessary...

Solution: Change style! get new BOTs....
Back to top Go down
NumeroDoS
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NumeroDoS

PostSubject: Re: This games feels more stale the more I play it.   This games feels more stale the more I play it. EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 8:14 pm

IronFist wrote:
Raven wrote:

"It's always good for a lol or two when you hurricane blow your own healing pit into the OTHER team's PS. Or just fire pillar them."

so, it mean u`re such a noob that u cant sneak the enemy team and do that so u do it on your own team Question

oh, Im so embarassed that I do the same thing u do but I always do at the enemy team and not at my own team Embarassed

hail and cheers to u man cheers (if u think a good reaction is "DIE NOOB" or "why circles without one brain cell have to play at my team" just because u cant take better reaction from your teammates like "congratulations" or "good job" so . . . \o/ )

To each on his own fun. Please do not post flamebaits.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
IronFist
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
IronFist

PostSubject: Re: This games feels more stale the more I play it.   This games feels more stale the more I play it. EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 10:40 pm

NumeroDoS wrote:
IronFist wrote:
Raven wrote:

To each on his own fun. Please do not post flamebaits.

Thank you.
fun screwing own team . . there should be a kick button during the battle but kicked players can return at the same time they are kicked . . . pointless to kick someone that is there just being stupid on his own team screwing the fun of his teammates (not like its a fight, thats no chance to avoid that and as a surprise backstab attack thats nothing the team can do, also its completely pointles and, as I mentioned, screw the fun of the guys playing there (lol, he dont even try to do that at enemy PS, it look like more like a spy. if players start doing that just o screw other team CB would become unplayable).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This games feels more stale the more I play it.   This games feels more stale the more I play it. Empty

Back to top Go down

This games feels more stale the more I play it.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next