Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hopper Question: Rocket Launcher vs Bazooka

Go down 
+4
knyx
utok
xzpwnz
Hellenisti
8 posters

Which is harder to dodge/has better overall damage output against Airs?
Rocket Launcher
Hopper Question: Rocket Launcher vs Bazooka Vote_lcap18%Hopper Question: Rocket Launcher vs Bazooka Vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
Bazooka
Hopper Question: Rocket Launcher vs Bazooka Vote_lcap82%Hopper Question: Rocket Launcher vs Bazooka Vote_rcap
 82% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 11

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Hellenisti
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Hellenisti

Male Posts : 184

Hopper Question: Rocket Launcher vs Bazooka Empty
PostSubject: Hopper Question: Rocket Launcher vs Bazooka   Hopper Question: Rocket Launcher vs Bazooka EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 5:46 pm

Let's say it's a M-sized Lnd hopper against an Air. Which weapon would perform better?

I just experimented it with a buddy a while ago; his air had 34 fly, sized like an M despite being small (Brickgale BD + Adone LG), and had the Air Loop cartridge. He said he had some difficulty dodging them and felt more threatened by the Rocket Launcher compared to the 'zooka I was using.

Lemme post the stats:

Rocket Launcher
15 force
210 ammo
290 range
260 speed
800 interval

L-sized Bazooka (can be any other bazooka in general)
28 force
120 ammo
245 range
265 speed
800 interval

Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: Hopper Question: Rocket Launcher vs Bazooka   Hopper Question: Rocket Launcher vs Bazooka EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 5:50 pm

Zook > Lawn chair
Back to top Go down
utok
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
utok

Male Posts : 300

PostSubject: Re: Hopper Question: Rocket Launcher vs Bazooka   Hopper Question: Rocket Launcher vs Bazooka EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 9:13 pm

Zooks in general have a bigger bullet. Tune it for rapid
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Hopper Question: Rocket Launcher vs Bazooka   Hopper Question: Rocket Launcher vs Bazooka EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 9:23 pm

utok wrote:

Any good hopper zook has no slots. Neither does the Rawket lawnchair in this case.

Rawkets:

-Homing
-Higher blast damage portion

Zooks:

-Higher projectile speed
-Not affected by anti homing or seraph wings
Back to top Go down
utok
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
utok

Male Posts : 300

PostSubject: Re: Hopper Question: Rocket Launcher vs Bazooka   Hopper Question: Rocket Launcher vs Bazooka EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 9:41 pm

knyx wrote:
utok wrote:

Any good hopper zook has no slots. Neither does the Rawket lawnchair in this case.

Rawkets:

-Homing
-Higher blast damage portion

Zooks:

-Higher projectile speed
-Not affected by anti homing or seraph wings

Sorry, forgot the fact that it was asking for a hopper zook.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: Hopper Question: Rocket Launcher vs Bazooka   Hopper Question: Rocket Launcher vs Bazooka EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 10:03 pm

I'd go with the rocket lawnchair. While it's affected by enemy Antihoming and Seraph Wings, I doubt it'll matter that much, since Seraph Wings give instant 40FLY anyway. Enemy Antihoming is rare enough that you don't have to worry too much, but watch out for enemy Pulsardios.
The base damage is lower, however you get more chances to hit the enemy before going for a shell supply.
And since you're an M hopper, the homing will assist you in striking the target effectively. You'd have somewhat more difficulty hitting things with a bazooka while hopping, although it's possible.

I'd tune for Projectile Speed if possible, as missile-type weapons in general are very slow.
Back to top Go down
Mist
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Mist

Male Posts : 258

PostSubject: Re: Hopper Question: Rocket Launcher vs Bazooka   Hopper Question: Rocket Launcher vs Bazooka EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 10:40 pm

I would say rocket launchers. those homing missiles are pretty hard to avoid compared to the zook which depends on the accuracy of the shooter. This only applies to hitting air units though; not sure how accuracy it is vs other types since I don't play those...
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Hopper Question: Rocket Launcher vs Bazooka   Hopper Question: Rocket Launcher vs Bazooka EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 10:41 pm

Mist wrote:
I would say rocket launchers. those homing missiles are pretty hard to avoid compared to the zook which depends on the accuracy of the shooter. This only applies to hitting air units though; not sure how accuracy it is vs other types since I don't play those...

Hitting lands you definitely want projectile speed, since homing is uber-nerfed for ground targets, and they're usually somewhere else when your rocket gets there.
Back to top Go down
Andrax
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Andrax

PostSubject: Re: Hopper Question: Rocket Launcher vs Bazooka   Hopper Question: Rocket Launcher vs Bazooka EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 8:09 pm

Am i the only one that uses both? O.o

I find that using both makes me good in most, if not all situations.

Rocket Launchers:
Any target in long range
Airs generally, for me they're harder to hit with the zook(as a land) though I have to get some distance
Enemies running away
If it's a hopper or a fast moving enemy out of zook's range(and you dont wanna get close)
Trees
You can also cause damage with it from far off even if you're not locked on

Bazooka:
Main damage dealer
Any enemies zook's range.

In mid to close range, RLs are ineffective against small and/or fast moving land targets. RLs need distance to be fully effective. Zooks deal damage but have a very limited distance and have no homing. For me, they're a great combo.

Taking this opportunity, can anyone tell me what to tune in either one of the weaps? Smile
Back to top Go down
Senhime
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Senhime

Male Posts : 563

PostSubject: Re: Hopper Question: Rocket Launcher vs Bazooka   Hopper Question: Rocket Launcher vs Bazooka EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 8:14 pm

Lol 8 months necro.
I don't even...
/lock
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hopper Question: Rocket Launcher vs Bazooka   Hopper Question: Rocket Launcher vs Bazooka Empty

Back to top Go down

Hopper Question: Rocket Launcher vs Bazooka
Page 1 of 1