Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question about events

Go down 
+9
SilverSeraph
Foxie
Ivalsetto
Daizengar
hickwarrior
Daylyt
omegazero_alpha
Rein
NovaZero
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

Question about events Empty
PostSubject: Question about events   Question about events EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 12:19 am

I've been too busy with the Arena lately that I fail to notice such events. I've been hearing clanmates gaining thousands upon thousands of UC from these events and I thought that it might help me with getting UC for some stuff I have planned to get.

Can anyone explain how these events work?
Back to top Go down
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

PostSubject: Re: Question about events   Question about events EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 1:07 am

NovaZero wrote:
I've been too busy with the Arena lately that I fail to notice such events. I've been hearing clanmates gaining thousands upon thousands of UC from these events and I thought that it might help me with getting UC for some stuff I have planned to get.

They're DPS heaven for arts... Any/everyone else gets nothing.
Back to top Go down
omegazero_alpha
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Question about events   Question about events EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 8:32 am

Pretty much they spam thousands of trees and artillery types spam thousands of missiles and get hundreds of thousands of UC.

Everybody else gets nothing.

If we are lucky we won't end up with 100,000 keys spamming up all of the areas that the GMs aren't competent to delete (lagging the server to the point where you can't even play for days).
Back to top Go down
Daylyt
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Daylyt

Female Posts : 212
Location : Enjoying the air on Yenka Summit. (The air there is wildly addicting...)

PostSubject: Re: Question about events   Question about events EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 12:36 pm

Rein wrote:
NovaZero wrote:

.... This is pretty much the quest events in a nutshell... If you dont have a MASSIVELY powerful Art Mech, you'll just waste play time going in there.... I learn'd the hard way. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://herofactory.forumtl.com/
hickwarrior
hickwarrior

PostSubject: Re: Question about events   Question about events EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 1:10 pm

What a waste of even it is then :\
Back to top Go down
Daizengar
Daizengar

PostSubject: Re: Question about events   Question about events EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 1:46 pm

Daylyt wrote:
Rein wrote:
NovaZero wrote:

.... This is pretty much the quest events in a nutshell... If you dont have a MASSIVELY powerful Art Mech, you'll just waste play time going in there.... I learn'd the hard way. Crying or Very sad

Thats not entirely true. My Daizengar mech can out-dps an art with 4 double bazookas and part weapons. Daizengar is a land melee robot, and I've taken 5-7 trees at a time from arts. Razz

I am screwed when trees are too high up though. T_T
Back to top Go down
Ivalsetto
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Question about events   Question about events EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 1:47 pm

A lot of land units with slash blades have made out with millions.

Artillery is a good method, but it is by no means the only viable method.
Back to top Go down
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

PostSubject: Re: Question about events   Question about events EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 3:39 pm

Ivalsetto wrote:

I've seen more explosive spamming than anything else sorry. -_-
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

Female Posts : 513

PostSubject: Re: Question about events   Question about events EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 6:00 pm

Rein wrote:
Ivalsetto wrote:

Thats probably because the explosions cover up the small bots poking trees with sticks.
Back to top Go down
SilverSeraph
SilverSeraph

Male Posts : 67

PostSubject: Re: Question about events   Question about events EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 6:25 pm

Foxie wrote:
Rein wrote:
Ivalsetto wrote:

Thats probably because the explosions cover up the small bots poking trees with sticks.

You just described me when I'm there on my rose stabbing them with a rapier. ._.

Can't really see much of what I'm doing, just usually watch the money add up and the time run out.
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

PostSubject: Re: Question about events   Question about events EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 6:29 pm

SilverSeraph wrote:
Foxie wrote:
Rein wrote:
Ivalsetto wrote:

You just described me when I'm there on my rose stabbing them with a rapier. ._.

Can't really see much of what I'm doing, just usually watch the money add up and the time run out.
o:
I probably would of seen you but I was on my rose bashing them with my fists. D:
...did you get stepped on as well? :c
And dearly die from friendly fire? <<;
Back to top Go down
SilverSeraph
SilverSeraph

PostSubject: Re: Question about events   Question about events EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 6:34 pm

Foxie wrote:
SilverSeraph wrote:
Foxie wrote:
Rein wrote:
Ivalsetto wrote:

o:
I probably would of seen you but I was on my rose bashing them with my fists. D:

I had a toy box sit on me a few times. Dx

Not sure if it was friendly fire, but I made it to the last gate to the checkpoint with 1 hp (out of ~280) and wondered what had been beating on me the whole time. o.<
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

PostSubject: Re: Question about events   Question about events EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 6:45 pm

SilverSeraph wrote:
Foxie wrote:
SilverSeraph wrote:
Foxie wrote:
Rein wrote:
Ivalsetto wrote:

o:

Not sure if it was friendly fire, but I made it to the last gate to the checkpoint with 1 hp (out of ~280) and wondered what had been beating on me the whole time. o.<
Well those missiles would be doing 1-4 damage to you. <<;
Back to top Go down
SilverSeraph
SilverSeraph

PostSubject: Re: Question about events   Question about events EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 7:01 pm

Foxie wrote:
SilverSeraph wrote:
Foxie wrote:
SilverSeraph wrote:
Foxie wrote:
Rein wrote:
Ivalsetto wrote:

o:

Well those missiles would be doing 1-4 damage to you. <<;
Sounds about right. ._. Can't really picture an enemy surviving in the explosive spam. Kind of surprised I survived it myself.
Back to top Go down
SilentEagle1
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SilentEagle1

Male Posts : 101

PostSubject: Re: Question about events   Question about events EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 7:12 pm

I got 4K while i was being pummeled by arty and then there was no keys to get out so i lost it. But 4K is nothing. I was in a Mighty Byne with machine guns and fists. Talk about a waste of time, lol.
Back to top Go down
Daylyt
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Daylyt

Female Posts : 212
Location : Enjoying the air on Yenka Summit. (The air there is wildly addicting...)

PostSubject: Re: Question about events   Question about events EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 8:01 pm

Rein wrote:
Ivalsetto wrote:

Agreed. Other mechs are capable of making good cash in there, but the whole issue with "whoever breaks the tree, makes the cash" leaves a lot of other mech users not really able to collect on cash.

I'm not saying itz impossible to make money using other types of mechs. But I doubt u could make REALLY good UC with a smaller/weaker mech due to the reward system in place.

And also with the amount of players and amount of attacking in the room, it tends to massively lag the room to the point where u cant tell anything ur doing. That is also a big reason why it becomes hard to collect any cash.

(This is all just my opinion though. And Experience from participating in these events)
Back to top Go down
http://herofactory.forumtl.com/
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

PostSubject: Re: Question about events   Question about events EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 8:06 pm

Daylyt wrote:
Rein wrote:
Ivalsetto wrote:

Agreed. Other mechs are capable of making good cash in there, but the whole issue with "whoever breaks the tree, makes the cash" leaves a lot of other mech users not really able to collect on cash.

I'm not saying itz impossible to make money using other types of mechs. But I doubt u could make REALLY good UC with a smaller/weaker mech due to the reward system in place.

And also with the amount of players and amount of attacking in the room, it tends to massively lag the room to the point where u cant tell anything ur doing. That is also a big reason why it becomes hard to collect any cash.

(This is all just my opinion though. And Experience from participating in these events)
....Am I the only person who plays this and dosent lag? >>
Back to top Go down
SilverSeraph
SilverSeraph

PostSubject: Re: Question about events   Question about events EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 8:08 pm

Foxie wrote:
Daylyt wrote:
Rein wrote:
Ivalsetto wrote:

That event (and the effect it had on the server) was the only time I was lagging. But it was more of a "The server is about to explode" kind of lag.
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

PostSubject: Re: Question about events   Question about events EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 8:10 pm

SilverSeraph wrote:
Foxie wrote:
Daylyt wrote:
Rein wrote:
Ivalsetto wrote:

That event (and the effect it had on the server) was the only time I was lagging. But it was more of a "The server is about to explode" kind of lag.
o:
.....Yay!
..<<
>>

*steals your avi*
Back to top Go down
SilverSeraph
SilverSeraph

PostSubject: Re: Question about events   Question about events EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 8:11 pm

Foxie wrote:
SilverSeraph wrote:
Foxie wrote:
Daylyt wrote:
Rein wrote:
Ivalsetto wrote:

o:
.....Yay!
..<<
>>

*steals your avi*
xD Kind of surprised you didn't steal it the first couple times you commented on it.
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

PostSubject: Re: Question about events   Question about events EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 9:08 pm

SilverSeraph wrote:
Foxie wrote:
SilverSeraph wrote:
Foxie wrote:
Daylyt wrote:
Rein wrote:
Ivalsetto wrote:

o:
.....Yay!
..<<
>>

*steals your avi*
xD Kind of surprised you didn't steal it the first couple times you commented on it.
By "steals" I mean printing it off..and....doing stuff with it. <<
>>
Instead of just saving it to my computer.
Back to top Go down
milk
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
milk

Male Posts : 1918

PostSubject: Re: Question about events   Question about events EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 9:16 pm

what type of things will you do?
a little piece of paper can't hold onto many things, you know.
Back to top Go down
SilverSeraph
SilverSeraph

PostSubject: Re: Question about events   Question about events EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 9:16 pm

Foxie wrote:
SilverSeraph wrote:
Foxie wrote:
SilverSeraph wrote:
Foxie wrote:
Daylyt wrote:
Rein wrote:
Ivalsetto wrote:

o:
.....Yay!
..<<
>>

*steals your avi*
By "steals" I mean printing it off..and....doing stuff with it. <<
>>
Instead of just saving it to my computer.

You'll probably like my new siggy too.
Back to top Go down
Ivalsetto
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Question about events   Question about events EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 10:22 pm

Daylyt wrote:

Thankfully, that isn't the case. Hitting a tree first then continuing to wail on it will pretty much guarantee its drops. Success in the event is attributed to following the GM around and predicting the tree spawns, then getting the first hit on a set of trees. Slash blades are good for this because they have a fairly decent area of effect attack.

Also, I love scrolling through posts of nested quotes.
Back to top Go down
Fate
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Fate

Male Posts : 588

PostSubject: Re: Question about events   Question about events EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 1:53 pm

i heard a guy who lost like 300hp just for standing in middle of the explosions and Spam.

SilentEagle1 wrote:
But 4K is nothing

Shocked i just won 2 robots with 4K in garapons ... luck + 4K is win. but im thinking in use money for something else than garapons now .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about events   Question about events Empty

Back to top Go down

Question about events
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next