Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to Reduce Lag for Everyone

Go down 
+5
FreedomFighter
Vallyel
mogimus
boytitan2
SeedZero
9 posters
AuthorMessage
SeedZero
SeedZero

Male Posts : 64

How to Reduce Lag for Everyone Empty
PostSubject: How to Reduce Lag for Everyone   How to Reduce Lag for Everyone EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 5:27 am

Due to a recent post, I just realize there is no topic specifically about this and would like to make sure everybody knows about this.

Cause of lag:
One channel gets heavily populated (usually during the weekend)

How to reduce lag:
Spread out among the available channels

Details:
Each channel represents a machine.
When a channel gets populated, it slows down a machine.
When one machine slows down, the other machines slows down to match it's speed.
When every machine is slow, everyone experience lag.

Reasons to Spread Out:
Reduce lag for you and everyone, it makes everyone happy.
Less crowded.
Apparently people did not realize this, but Union Wars is connected to all Channels.
You do not have to be on the same channel to play with everyone in Union Wars, which is why all channels lag when one does.
Example: I can be at channel 1 but be playing with everyone on channel 2.
Only reasons why you want to stick to the same channels are for missions, quests, and group gatherings to chat and chill.

Large Changes Takes Leadership:
Initially when channel 1 was full, I messaged my whole clan to transfer to channel 2 as our home channel.
Now that channel 2 is filled, I announced to transfer again to channel 3....
If you are a leader of a clan, consider doing something similar, but please do not all flock to channel 3, help spread out.
Quest mode may be disabled at channel 1 but will be enabled soon. If you only play Union Wars then consider moving back here for now.

Official Source:
http://www.cosmicbreak.com/commu/?m=pc&a=page_c_topic_detail&target_c_commu_topic_id=2481

UPDATE! Another Topic: How to Reduce Lag for Yourself
Due to a reply, I decided to extend my original post.

There are several things that can possibly cause lag on the player side,
but here are the common ones:
  • Internet Connection
  • Computer Specs
  • Background Software

Internet Connection:
This one is costly but you may have to find a new internet provider if you basic connection to the internet is slow.
If you are connect by wires (Ethernet cable), check and make sure they are not old. People do not realize this but wires do wear out.
If you are wireless, then check your signal strength. Either find a closer location the the wireless source to play on Cosmic Break or switch over to wires.

Computer Specs:
Change your graphic options.
There are several you can do here.
If you have a lot of RAM then set memory size to large (L), more memory = more speed.
I'm not sure what thread optimization does, it can either speed you up or slow you down though.
BIG ONE: If you normally play FullScreen and it lags, switch Display to Window. This one is based off experience, I have a laptop with Windows 7 and it lags on FullScreen which disappears when I switch to Window. If this solves your lag but you like playing FullScreen then find another monitor, for me I use my LCD TV with a HDMI cord to play it on the big screen and it works without the lag.
Set Graphics Performance to low.
Disable stage shadows.
Lower down max objects.
Lower down screen size.
Set robot icon to upper body instead of full body.
Not sure what Fix UI size does, but anything static is better than dynamic when you want to speed it up so enable it.
Speed up your PC in General
Clean up your computer and do some maintenance.
Consider looking into this (it is free):
http://www.iobit.com/advancedsystemcareper.html
It clears up junk, fix registry, and defrags your computer.
Hardware
This cost money, but it is usually worth your investment.
Get more RAM, if you do not know what this is then do some research. All most computers have this option to upgrade.
Get a new graphic card (applies to some computers).

Background Software:
You need to turn as many as you can off to free out RAM.
If you do not know how or feel lazy, then consider looking into this (it is free):
http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html
I heard people use this and they say it works great.

Last edited by SeedZero on Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

PostSubject: Re: How to Reduce Lag for Everyone   How to Reduce Lag for Everyone EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 4:23 pm

FIRST THAT DOSENT WORK at least if u play in arena were the LAG and POOR hit detection is and the LAG and teleporting players are

also i posted this In the main forum the real crappy one for the actualy games website that was just plopped together

in hopes that a dimwitted gm would see it and maybe tell cs about the issue

patch happend Im still lagging players are still teleporting around they have done nthn to fix it

to get around this lag melee and weapons with BIG AOES ^__^ like maxis rail gun and titan zookas still hit
Back to top Go down
mogimus
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
mogimus

PostSubject: Re: How to Reduce Lag for Everyone   How to Reduce Lag for Everyone EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 4:36 pm

boytitan2 wrote:
FIRST THAT DOSENT WORK at least if u play in arena were the LAG and POOR hit detection is and the LAG and teleporting players are

also i posted this In the main forum the real crappy one for the actualy games website that was just plopped together

patch happend Im still lagging players are still teleporting around they have done nthn to fix it

to get around this lag melee and weapons with BIG AOES ^__^ like maxis rail gun and titan zookas still hit

WOW maxis rail gun has a big aoe??!!! I wanna know what you're drinking.

on a more serous note, it's near imposible to farm for items on channel 2 due to the uber lag. Arena is still ok except for occasional lagkuns and lagcopters. Honorarily mention goes to boytitan for his laggy maxis.

But yeah, seriously a even distribution across servers will help servery reduce the lag. Good to see CS finally looking into this issue.
Back to top Go down
Vallyel
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Vallyel

Male Posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: How to Reduce Lag for Everyone   How to Reduce Lag for Everyone EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 5:04 pm

SeedZero wrote:
Due to a recent post, I just realize there is no topic specifically about this and would like to make sure everybody knows about this.

Cause of lag:
One channel gets heavily populated (usually during the weekend)

How to reduce lag:
Spread out among the available channels

Details:
Each channel represents a machine.
When a channel gets populated, it slows down a machine.
When one machine slows down, the other machines slows down to match it's speed.
When every machine is slow, everyone experience lag.

Reasons to Spread Out:
Reduce lag for you and everyone, it makes everyone happy.
Less crowded.
Apparently people did not realize this, but Union Wars is connected to all Channels.
You do not have to be on the same channel to play with everyone in Union Wars, which is why all channels lag when one does.
Example: I can be at channel 1 but be playing with everyone on channel 2.
Only reasons why you want to stick to the same channels are for missions, quests, and group gatherings to chat and chill.

Large Changes Takes Leadership:
Initially when channel 1 was full, I messaged my whole clan to transfer to channel 2 as our home channel.
Now that channel 2 is filled, I announced to transfer again to channel 3....
If you are a leader of a clan, consider doing something similar, but please do not all flock to channel 3, help spread out.
Quest mode may be disabled at channel 1 but will be enabled soon. If you only play Union Wars then consider moving back here for now.

Official Source:
http://www.cosmicbreak.com/commu/?m=pc&a=page_c_topic_detail&target_c_commu_topic_id=2481

How to Reduce Lag for Everyone Slownewsday

woa now that we can have less lag

can wait till the lop sisters come to encb

Last edited by Vallyel on Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

PostSubject: Re: How to Reduce Lag for Everyone   How to Reduce Lag for Everyone EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 5:09 pm

mogimus wrote:
boytitan2 wrote:

WOW maxis rail gun has a big aoe??!!! I wanna know what you're drinking.

on a more serous note, it's near imposible to farm for items on channel 2 due to the uber lag. Arena is still ok except for occasional lagkuns and lagcopters. Honorarily mention goes to boytitan for his laggy maxis.

But yeah, seriously a even distribution across servers will help servery reduce the lag. Good to see CS finally looking into this issue.

da caps were for exaggeration non of the weapon this game have anything near a big aoe its eaither basic and very small or not existent like the linear rifle which is a joke

Back to top Go down
FreedomFighter
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FreedomFighter

PostSubject: Re: How to Reduce Lag for Everyone   How to Reduce Lag for Everyone EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 5:10 pm

If CS improve their server..........
Back to top Go down
SeedZero
SeedZero

Male Posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: How to Reduce Lag for Everyone   How to Reduce Lag for Everyone EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 5:59 pm

boytitan2 wrote:

Oddly I do not notice the lag right now. Maybe because I have not been playing that much on the weekend, on the weekday everything seems fine (even with the unequal distribution between channels.) If it is lagging right now for everyone then yes it is a server side problem. If only few players are teleporting around then they are the ones who are lagging, not the server (cosmic break cannot fix this). If everyone is teleporting on your screen all at once (but does not occur for anyone else), you are the one who is lagging and need to deal with the problem yourself. Now that you mention this, I will be edit my original post to give tips to reduce lag on the player side.

Aside from that, Lagkuns are sometimes done on purpose by weakening their own connection for their advantage. It is s a double edged sword to them though because it is really hard to play in lag... I won't go into the specifics, but I have read around somewhere how people are doing it... Anyways if you do encounter a lagger, just ignore them and run away, it is as hard for them to hit you too. The reason why it works for them is because a large group of people start chasing them (which is a bad idea) and this gives them a bigger chance to actually hit someone. If you do want to kill them then do it the right way, lure them a wall or corner, jump around then shoot.
Back to top Go down
zamo
Forum Lurker
zamo

Other / Decline to state Posts : 216

PostSubject: Re: How to Reduce Lag for Everyone   How to Reduce Lag for Everyone EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 6:10 pm

boytitan2 wrote:

Maybe you should stop playing with your mcdonalds wifi under your tincan roof.
Jk i love you and your broken english Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vallyel
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Vallyel

PostSubject: Re: How to Reduce Lag for Everyone   How to Reduce Lag for Everyone EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 6:31 pm

boytitan2 wrote:

search for boytitan translator on google
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to Reduce Lag for Everyone   How to Reduce Lag for Everyone EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 6:56 pm

maradona515@msn.com
Back to top Go down
Vallyel
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Vallyel

PostSubject: Re: How to Reduce Lag for Everyone   How to Reduce Lag for Everyone EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 7:20 pm

Cori wrote:
maradona515@msn.com

yep , i played soccer on my college team , and manage to score a goal with my hand so people started calling me maradona , also i was into drugs just like him at the time

also feel free to add on msn if u want
Back to top Go down
Shikaze
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Shikaze

Male Posts : 140

PostSubject: Re: How to Reduce Lag for Everyone   How to Reduce Lag for Everyone EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 7:44 pm

Dunno about lag. I still manage to snipe people, especially with the long beam rifle now. And believe me when I say this weapon is susceptible to lag, given the distance involved.
Back to top Go down
zamo
Forum Lurker
zamo

Other / Decline to state Posts : 216

PostSubject: Re: How to Reduce Lag for Everyone   How to Reduce Lag for Everyone EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 9:01 pm

Long range beam rifle is awesome
Sorry op, but people are probably going to want to hang with friends more than caring about lag
Back to top Go down
randylin26
randylin26

Male Posts : 45

PostSubject: Re: How to Reduce Lag for Everyone   How to Reduce Lag for Everyone EmptyTue May 15, 2012 5:30 pm

works in other games, but not here Sad
Back to top Go down
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
UncleBobbie

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: How to Reduce Lag for Everyone   How to Reduce Lag for Everyone EmptyTue May 15, 2012 5:32 pm

>Fri 25 Feb 2011, 2:01 am

>Tue 15 May 2012

>randylin26Newcomer

Sleep
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Reduce Lag for Everyone   How to Reduce Lag for Everyone Empty

Back to top Go down

How to Reduce Lag for Everyone
Page 1 of 1