Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Basic Gameplay Delay (lag)

Go down 
+9
Foxie
Lunyaa
RawGreen
Cassidy
Sayuri Chan
hickwarrior
Admin
Rein
Lalam
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lalam
Newcomer
Newcomer

Male Posts : 2

Basic Gameplay Delay (lag) Empty
PostSubject: Basic Gameplay Delay (lag)   Basic Gameplay Delay (lag) EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 5:22 pm

In an arena match, the game will constantly freeze, and have all players duplicate a certain something they had just done, or simply go in circles. It's a common issue, judging by how many others are complaining during said match/matches.

Obviously, by how common it is, it isn't simply an issue with an individual, but the Cosmic Break master server. There aren't that many players on at once. The game needs to have a more efficient server host. I do not understand why anyone would POSSIBLY consider porting a game to the states, when the proper equipment has yet to be obtained.

Last edited by Lalam on Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gameplay Delay (lag)   Basic Gameplay Delay (lag) EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 5:27 pm

Erm... uh.... *blames explosive spammers* and ..... *blames GMs for possibly spilling coffee on 2/3 of the server* I mean seriously it's like its down to 33% performance..... 75% of the time.... with only 2 channels (out of 3!!!) up and running....

It also affects mission and quest modes too. So yeah.... There's usually a notable lag spike shortly accompanying a spam of explosives.... Thus explosive heavy matches have near constant heavy lag.... The fact that I'm in the same timezone as the CB server.... is very un-reassuring.

I have absolutely no idea about that, did you? *end*
Back to top Go down
Admin
[Founder]
[Founder]
Admin

Male Posts : 344

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gameplay Delay (lag)   Basic Gameplay Delay (lag) EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 5:31 pm

Look at FEZ Lalam in the beginning it had server issues too Razz but yeah cosmicbreak is probably worse, though i'm sure it will get better soon Wink they can't leave the server like that especially after OB.
Back to top Go down
https://cosmicbreak.forumotion.com
hickwarrior
hickwarrior

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gameplay Delay (lag)   Basic Gameplay Delay (lag) EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 5:34 pm

^
Oh yea, they better be. I hope they aren't expecting us to pay them when they keep this lag...
Back to top Go down
Sayuri Chan
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Sayuri Chan

Male Posts : 614

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gameplay Delay (lag)   Basic Gameplay Delay (lag) EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 5:44 pm

im prety meh about this ( latale is way worse wen comes to lag issues , at least i dont get disconected here )

hopefully, they might fix it , or they goona lose an crapload of players
Back to top Go down
Cassidy
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Cassidy

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gameplay Delay (lag)   Basic Gameplay Delay (lag) EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 10:05 pm

The lag last night made union wars totally unplayable, only 5 people would die when time finally ran out. luckily there was comfort to be found in 5v5 team fight matches, much less lag there.

Prolly has something to do with the millions of keys in ch2 area 1 of quest mode that were sitting there all night...and are still there.
Anyway the GMs said they're gonna delay the events do something about it now.
Back to top Go down
RawGreen
RawGreen

Male Posts : 28

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gameplay Delay (lag)   Basic Gameplay Delay (lag) EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 11:05 pm

Thanks to myself lagging I've managed to get in the top 3 in battles. It's nice for me, when people start lagging too.
Back to top Go down
Lunyaa

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gameplay Delay (lag)   Basic Gameplay Delay (lag) EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 11:10 pm

im sry

Last edited by Lunyaa on Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gameplay Delay (lag)   Basic Gameplay Delay (lag) EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 11:31 pm

Lunyaa wrote:
RawGreen wrote:
Thanks to myself lagging I've managed to get in the top 3 in battles. It's nice for me, when people start lagging too.

At first with the lag I was like AH WHAT I CANT PLAY THIS and scored much worse than usual. But then after playing in this lagfest all day I've adapted and can take 1st-8th like usual every time. Theres a special art to lag fighting and it isn't the most exciting thing in the world. Namely "oh look everythings frozen "hides behind pillar and recharges boost". Gives me a headache trying to think "hm where are all these enemies going to be after this lag spike ends". It's like a game of chess where every single piece is queued up and then makes a move simultaneously..

I think you mean you're playing the "mind game" where you need to read your opponent's mind through the computer.... XD
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

Female Posts : 513

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gameplay Delay (lag)   Basic Gameplay Delay (lag) EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 11:42 pm

Do we really need THIS many threads on lag. :/
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gameplay Delay (lag)   Basic Gameplay Delay (lag) EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 12:06 am

This lag just ruined all hopes on grinding for a Seraph Promotion and a Crimrose N.
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gameplay Delay (lag)   Basic Gameplay Delay (lag) EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 12:08 am

NovaZero wrote:
This lag just ruined all hopes on grinding for a Seraph Promotion and a Crimrose N.
You can have mine? c:
Back to top Go down
Cassidy
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Cassidy

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gameplay Delay (lag)   Basic Gameplay Delay (lag) EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 12:19 am

The lag makes me run out of ammo much faster :< Half of my bullets don't connect cuz who/whatever im shooting at will start going in circles and i end up following em, not knowing im lagging. Such a waste.

Bad news for seraphs, the wings are a waste right now since you'll end up flying around with no one to attack since everyone is walking around in circles Sad

Also, ammo refills don't give you another set of wings. You just gotta die x.x
Back to top Go down
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gameplay Delay (lag)   Basic Gameplay Delay (lag) EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 12:23 am

Cassidy wrote:
The lag makes me run out of ammo much faster :< Half of my bullets don't connect cuz who/whatever im shooting at will start going in circles and i end up following em, not knowing im lagging. Such a waste.

Bad news for seraphs, the wings are a waste right now since you'll end up flying around with no one to attack since everyone is walking around in circles Sad

Also, ammo refills don't give you another set of wings. You just gotta die x.x

Hm.... Yeah same thing happens to me with shots. And..... wait, wings can be killed? or something?
Back to top Go down
Cassidy
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Cassidy

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gameplay Delay (lag)   Basic Gameplay Delay (lag) EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 12:38 am

They have a timer when you activate them, altho i havent sat still to count. Even if it's just for 5 seconds, it's always a shame when you activate them and then everyone freezes :<

She gets 2 core affecting custom cartridges though, so maybe we can make them last even longer.
Back to top Go down
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gameplay Delay (lag)   Basic Gameplay Delay (lag) EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 12:41 am

Cassidy wrote:
They have a timer when you activate them, altho i havent sat still to count. Even if it's just for 5 seconds, it's always a shame when you activate them and then everyone freezes :<

She gets 2 core affecting custom cartridges though, so maybe we can make them last even longer.

5 seconds.... wait. how much use is 5 seconds of infinite boost?
Back to top Go down
Cassidy
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Cassidy

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gameplay Delay (lag)   Basic Gameplay Delay (lag) EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 12:46 am

no i meant if everything freezes for 5 seconds XD

The infinite boosts last long enough to get things done, no worries Twisted Evil

It just stinks to lose 5 seconds off it from something out of my control :<
Back to top Go down
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gameplay Delay (lag)   Basic Gameplay Delay (lag) EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 12:51 am

Cassidy wrote:
no i meant if everything freezes for 5 seconds XD

The infinite boosts last long enough to get things done, no worries Twisted Evil

It just stinks to lose 5 seconds off it from something out of my control :<

Basically... don't get stunned... and don't touch the ground... and don't let go of the boost button.... and it'll last until you fail one of the previously stated don'ts right?
Back to top Go down
SilverSeraph
SilverSeraph

Male Posts : 67

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gameplay Delay (lag)   Basic Gameplay Delay (lag) EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 1:09 am

I started to just find humor in the lag spikes. Very Happy

Especially if I got caught (read: froze) in one since I'd kind of.. drop to the ground while Crimmy's arm would start spinning.
Back to top Go down
Cassidy
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Cassidy

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gameplay Delay (lag)   Basic Gameplay Delay (lag) EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 1:23 am

Think of it like one of those items you start with like hypershot.
Right click to activate your wings. They will stay out for a certain amount of time and you'll have infinite boost the whole time they are out, even if you are stunned, or let go of boost(Seraph crim never touches the ground even when her wings aren't out anyway Razz ).

Once their time is out they will disappear and you can't use them again until you die and respawn.

----
So, the enemy team's powerspot has 1 guard, you activate your wings, fly up there and circle it firing on it as hard as you can. You've used your last hypershot and even activated your lazer-bit Wonderbit. Your wings make you move so fast that slow little land unit below you can't keep up.

Then the lag happens. None of your bullets are doing damage to the powerspot, but you're still losing bullets. Your Wonderbit has stopped firing and is just wasting away, same as your hypershot.

The lag stops, and you're surrounded by toyboxes, no ammo. You turn to fly to some shelter. You easily lose the toyboxes but before you can get back to your side, your wings die. You drop. Those toyboxes you thought you got away from can still reach you with missiles X.X

Who's that next to the toyboxes? Winberll? I know you love me but these thorns hurt. Why are you doing this to me? Let me go! Wahh Sad
----

Ah im rambling x) Look what the lag's done to me XD
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gameplay Delay (lag)   Basic Gameplay Delay (lag) EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 1:34 am

Or you could just of gone. "Bullets not doing damage"
*waits*
Spike over!
*shoots*
Back to top Go down
Cassidy
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Cassidy

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gameplay Delay (lag)   Basic Gameplay Delay (lag) EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 1:41 am

yeah i never pay attention to the number that pops up when you hit someone so it always takes me a bit to notice im not doing damage XD

But ammo is 1 of 3 problems during it. There's still that jikun on the ground and there's no telling where he'll be when the spike stops.

Also I hate buying laser bits all the time. Sure it's 300uc for 10 but....it's a waste when i lose one cuz of the spike. so..many..problems.. @_@
Back to top Go down
SilverSeraph
SilverSeraph

Male Posts : 67

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gameplay Delay (lag)   Basic Gameplay Delay (lag) EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 1:47 am

Cassidy wrote:
yeah i never pay attention to the number that pops up when you hit someone so it always takes me a bit to notice im not doing damage XD

But ammo is 1 of 3 problems during it. There's still that jikun on the ground and there's no telling where he'll be when the spike stops.

Also I hate buying laser bits all the time. Sure it's 300uc for 10 but....it's a waste when i lose one cuz of the spike. so..many..problems.. @_@

I'm usually more worried about my boost gauge when it spikes. Earlier it happened and I dropped to get a quick charge... it un-froze just before I hit the ground. I had to dance out of the way of an enraged toy box who was on full-auto mode in my direction with hyper-shot. Made it to cover with 2 hp left. Dx
Back to top Go down
Cassidy
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Cassidy

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gameplay Delay (lag)   Basic Gameplay Delay (lag) EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 1:54 am

Ah, that happened 4 times in glacier night next to THE SAME ji kun. 3rd time i found float dash + Air Roll work wonders on the ground Very Happy

4th time i started to move and he cut me D:
Back to top Go down
FanFan
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gameplay Delay (lag)   Basic Gameplay Delay (lag) EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 3:01 am

Quote :

Especially if I got caught (read: froze) in one since I'd kind of.. drop to the ground while Crimmy's arm would start spinning.

You dont know how much i laughed when my crim fly in a circle with spinning her ENTIRE arms and legs, thinking they are propellers or something ._.

Then suddenly it got 86, 43, 85, 83, damage and insta exploded... And my laughing time is over ._.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gameplay Delay (lag)   Basic Gameplay Delay (lag) Empty

Back to top Go down

Basic Gameplay Delay (lag)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next